Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
OK so apparently he injured the right eyelid on the day of competition because he bumped into automatic sliding door while shaking hands with a fan, according to reports there was quite some bleeding. The band-aid was still present during gala. Maybe the glasses are for protection? (((Yuzuru)))

Yes, people assumed that the glasses had something to do with the injury, to protect the injured area somehow? cuz he started wearing it the next day after FS. Although he never mentioned, but the injury might be a bit more severe than it looked (it bled a lot), and he may suffered some dizziness due to his reaction of 6min warm up. It's quite frustrating something like that happened right before the competition, be more careful next time Yuzu.

Elsa G

Rinkside
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2013/02/11/kiji/K20130211005175490.html

There is a custom that female give chocolates to male on Saint Valentine's Day in Japan, and Yuzuru was asked about it.
"I'm sad a little bit because I won't be in Japan on Saint Valentine's Day. I'm happy when my fans give chocolates (etc.) to me, and I want to be given one by a favorite girl someday." (he smiled in shy)

It's kind of fresh to hear about girl(s) from him:laugh:
Actually my friend who is a journalist witnessed the interview said his last sentence was:but my 本命 hasn't show up.If you keep asking,kinda like gosspi magzine.

Yep,hanyu is right the reportor who cut out his last sentence is quite gossip.

yude

Record Breaker
Actually my friend who is a journalist witnessed the interview said his last sentence was:but my 本命 hasn't show up.If you keep asking,kinda like gosspi magzine.

Thank you for your info! Yeah...I can see his 本命 hasn't show up yet...(just my opinion!)

So basically he said "favorite" only.

You are right. Sorry for my bad translation!

jjane45

On the Ice
Hehehe... love these :) I didn't realise Zijun is so tall, must be the heels. Hanyu must be like 170 175 by now? What is his height.

From the 4CC SP small medal ceremony, Yuzuru, Han, and Ricky all seem to be about the same height, and are listed as 170, 165, 173 or 5'7", 5'5", 5'8" erespectively. My guess is 170-175.

Yuzuru is artificially making himself shorter in that picture. Watch for your posture, kiddo!!!

ETA: Zijun with Han for comparison.

Last edited:

zydeco88

On the Ice
Hehehe... love these :) I didn't realise Zijun is so tall, must be the heels. Hanyu must be like 170 175 by now? What is his height.
Yep, must be the heels and imo, Yuzu slouched his body too much when pics were taken. 171 is his official height, but who knows he has gotten taller since the last measurement. :p

More fooling around from the boys (Yuzu & Misha Ge):

Double Fist Pumping :laugh:

Last edited:

usagi

Spectator
Han Yan should be one year older than Yuzuru..
How come he becomes two years younger now.. mysterious!
I enjoy watching Han Yan skating,, think he has so much potential..
but the mystery about his real age bother me a bit...
maybe just don't care and enjoy watching the two Hans compete with each other

zydeco88

On the Ice
Han Yan should be one year older than Yuzuru..
How come he becomes two years younger now.. mysterious!
Chinese Fed has been known to falsify the ages of their athletes more than a couple of times before, so it's not surprising if it is indeed true (I suggest you read this FSU thread). Seems that it was also written somewhere in Yuzu's autobiography that he felt frustrated losing to Yan who was one year older than him at the 2005 Asian Novice Champs (can anyone who has the autobiography please clarify this?) As you said, such trivia doesn't really matter as long as we enjoy watching them skate. :)

Last edited:

usagi

Spectator
High possibility that Han Yan is actually 18-19 years of age. He won some Chinese competitions in 2008 which he was reported to be 14 years old.
The level of his skate is very ok for a 18-19 years old boy... what a shame that Chinese Fed fake his real age.. unfair not only to other skaters but also to Han Yan.
Now many people pay attention to him,, but many like me feel mysterious about his change of age.
Yes, Yuzuru has wrote about Yan in his autobiography.. wonder how he felt when he found his first rival in life now became younger than him.

jjane45

On the Ice
in blue flames, yuzuru said han was the youngest competitor. let's not jump to conclusions from speculations.

usagi

Spectator
in blue flames, yuzuru said han was the youngest competitor. let's not jump to conclusions from speculations.

Yuzuru wrote in blue flames that he himself was the youngest competitor (p. 147).
Well, anyway, Han Yan is a good skater, and a good competitor for Yuzuru.
He wrote in blue flames that he was so much looking forward to compete with Han Yan.
And they look very good together in photos. :)

Tommmy

Rinkside
Well, this is Yuzuru fan thread, so whether it's true or not, it has nothing to do with here.