Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Gigi13

On the Ice
Congratulations Yuzuru I am to be your fan I wish you the best and I will be there rooting for you until the very end! :rock:

ntl

Rinkside
Since the medal ceremony is today, do you think he'll get the meteorite one? That would be extra special.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Hanyu looks like an anime/manga character come to life. He's basically what every young Asian girl's dreams are made of. If I were a few years younger, I would totally be crushing on him.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Since the medal ceremony is today, do you think he'll get the meteorite one? That would be extra special.

99% sure that Hanyu will not get a meteorite medal -- which will be awarded for medals earned in Feb 15 competitions, IIRC.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's a bit awkward, isn't it? He seems to be unsure, if he really should be happy or not. Definitely not how he wanted to win. As you all know Yuzuru is famous for his happy reactions. I love the way he was happy after GPF or all the ecstatic moments with Nanami, his yays and wows. I know it shouldn't matter, he is the OGMedalist but I would so have loved to see him really, really confident. I know he can be. But redemption time is soon in Japan!

Kalina

On the Ice
It's a bit awkward, isn't it? He seems to be unsure, if he really should be happy or not. Definitely not how he wanted to win. As you all know Yuzuru is famous for his happy reactions. I love the way he was happy after GPF or all the ecstatic moments with Nanami, his yays and wows. I know it shouldn't matter, he is the OGMedalist but I would so have loved to see him really, really confident. I know he can be. But redemption time is soon in Japan!

He was pretty happy after he found out he was first, with his usual happy reactions :) as he was on the podium. I'm sure he had mixed feelings about not having performed to his best yesterday, and was really surprised at how everything turned out, but he was in a class of his own during the short program, and he is the deserved winner after all.
He should be proud of how he held himself during this whole week.

phaeljones

On the Ice

Humility and integrity run through him deeply. He lives and competes to do a great skate, to earn whatever he receives, not just to be the best but to do his best. Watching his reactions over the last couple of years, it seems quite consistent that here he would be conflicted and feel on some level that he came up short because he could not do his best even though he was the best. Yes, that is Yuzuru.

giulia95

Medalist
It is not surprising given his personality. Humility and integrity run through him deeply. He lives and competes to do a great skate, to earn whatever he receives, not just to be the best but to do his best. Watching him, as we have over the last couple of years, that he would be conflicted and feel on some level that he came up short because he could not do his best even though he was the best. Yes, that is Yuzuru.

I agree with you, this is very Yuzuru!! But I would like to add it's not Yuzuru's only but all team Japan attitude... He's following the route of his legendary teammates Dai & Mao:)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^He's back in Japan already?! Wut? Did he take an overnight flight? Poor guy must be exhausted.

Kalina

On the Ice
^He's back in Japan already?! Wut? Did he take an overnight flight? Poor guy must be exhausted.

No, he's still in Sochi, he was interviewed there. He should be receiving his medal shortly, actually, it's evening in Sochi, but I don't know when exactly :confused:
After that, Yuzuru and Tatsuki will go to the rink JSF reserved in Armenia, the one where Mao and Akiko are training right now, then go back to Sochi for the gala.

Lunna

On the Ice
THIS!!! This is priceless! Thank you!
Hanyu looks like an anime/manga character come to life. He's basically what every young Asian girl's dreams are made of. If I were a few years younger, I would totally be crushing on him.
"Anime character" - my first thought when I saw him two years ago. And if I was younger :rolleye:... (and I'm not from Asia), but I feel more like a happy mother :laugh:

Lunna

On the Ice
Of course clean or almost clean free skate (maybe he must give up on that 4S after all) would be much better. But it seems like stars where on his side today, so I hope this will boost his confidence :)

kimganos

On the Ice
Bad skate or not Yuzuru is so humble and always shows so much class! Especially for a 19 year old. I believe that he has many GREAT skates left in him and will become a true skating legend. For sure he will be a World Champion too!