Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 194 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Oh well. worth trying isn´t it ;)
yes, it certainly is ;) but google translator also never fails to confuse me :laugh:

thank you for the translation, winterbell ^__^

and once again, thank you so much for all the info echotpe :yay:
oh my, Yuzuru and all those little kids :laugh: I bet that was one assignment he was really looking forward to for a change.
And the idea with the cherry trees is really beautiful. (or is that something they do a lot in Japan, does anybody know?)

mikaboo

Medalist
And the idea with the cherry trees is really beautiful. (or is that something they do a lot in Japan, does anybody know?)

I've never done it myself, but it is quite common. A lot of people plant trees to celebrate something like marriage, birth of a child, building a house, anniversaries, etc. And I just found out that different types of trees are chosen depending on the celebration. Cherry trees are often planted for graduation, entering school/companies, anniversary of the establishment (of schools/companies), to praise an honorable act. Yuzuru's tree probably fits into the last one. I'm learning something everyday here :yes:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
thanks, mikaboo ^_^ I was wondering if maybe there's some significance to what kind of tree they chose (I only ever hear of people planting oak trees, but that might be simply due to where I live)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Thanks echotpe, I like the idea of the cherry tree and planting one to celebrate. When my nephew was born we planted a pinetree (cherry trees can´t grow up in my country, and actually the pine is the national tree in my country)

Is nice that Yuzuru is having fun in his high school and elementary school. He is going incognito it seems.

As always thanks for the links and potos. (And explinations)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Speaking of, I just read a Charlie White interview about compiting in Olympics with Asthma.

"At one point I had to get a therapeutic usage exemption form and prove that I had asthma," White said of the hassle of participating in the Olympics with his condition. "After that they would always test and measure the dosage I had in my system very carefully."
In addition, "Being an athlete in a cold weather sport is really difficult to deal with the asthma," he said. "When you use the inhaler it has a little bit of synthetic adrenaline in it, and it kind of gets you going. But in a sport like figure skating where you want to be very under control, you have to find a great balance between being able to breathe enough and feeling like you're yourself. My doctor was able to find the correct medication for me to help me stay relaxed and calm, but at the same time be able to perform at my peak."

http://www.people.com/article/charl...difficult-dancing-with-the-stars-olympics#vid

winterbell

Rinkside
thanks, mikaboo ^_^ I was wondering if maybe there's some significance to what kind of tree they chose (I only ever hear of people planting oak trees, but that might be simply due to where I live)

when you speak of Japan, the image always comes with cherry blossom (remember the flower in his costume of the EX number Hana ni rare?) . Cherry blossom tree (not the species that grows the fruit cherry) is widely planted all over Japan, and thought to represent the spirit of Japanese people. I think there must be Japanese reading this thread and they must be able to say it more accurately. BTW: the one they planted for Yuzuru is somei-yoshino cherry blossom tree. You can easily find pics for the blossom.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
yes, well, silly me ;) of course cherry trees should be the first thing that come to mind. My pollen allergy is really acting up today so I guess my brain just refused to go there :biggrin: but I did google somei-yoshino and there were some lovely picutres (damn you, allergies, I'm fighting back)

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Hello all lovely Yuzu's fans. I'm from Singapore and have been lurking around the forum for some time now. This is my first post :)

I just went to the hotbladeshotpassion blog which Baterka shared and am amazed looking at the visitors live traffic feed. I can see fans from various countries around the world reading the article on Yuzu :yay:. Thank you to all that have shared articles, videos, photos, news, did translation etc. etc. Love Yuzu's fan community. I am imagining how it would look like if we have a collage of fans' photos of themselves doing Yuzu's R&J2 ending pose with their countries flags or landmarks in the background :biggrin:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
welcome Alia :yay: omg that idea of the collage sounds good haha. *but I think the ending pose of PW is more memorable ^^

Thanks everyone for all the news about Yuzuru. I'm sure Yuzu was happy to visit his old school though maybe he didn't go that much because of the skating.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
welcome alia :yay:
I agree, the idea of a collage sounds great (though I'd prefer the PW pose as well ^_^) Somebody should totally do that on tumblr or something. I bet you could get those pictures from all over the world in no time at all

Esopian

Final Flight
It's nice to hear that Yuzu is doing enjoying his time in Japan, especially with almost everyone on the streets of Japan recognizing him. The idea of planting a tree to commemorate a special event sounds like a really great tradition; I should try someday. ;)

Nomi

Rinkside
Hello all lovely Yuzu's fans. I'm from Singapore and have been lurking around the forum for some time now. This is my first post :)

I just went to the hotbladeshotpassion blog which Baterka shared and am amazed looking at the visitors live traffic feed. I can see fans from various countries around the world reading the article on Yuzu :yay:. Thank you to all that have shared articles, videos, photos, news, did translation etc. etc. Love Yuzu's fan community. I am imagining how it would look like if we have a collage of fans' photos of themselves doing Yuzu's R&J2 ending pose with their countries flags or landmarks in the background :biggrin:

Welcome Alia, and I actually had same thoughts!! Even when he won in Nice two years ago, the support from the community in Japan was so spectacular, I thought if we could all send in a collage video to encourage, it would be so special. Now that even since then he has touched people literally around the world, I think how fun it would be for to all of us do this. I like Pamina's idea to do ending PW pose.

For a fellow dancer who was competing at Worlds one year and she was struggling with injury, all my dance school did something similar, and for some photos we held a poster with short message "good luck", "no matter outcome, we support you", "stay strong" like this, and because it is international school not everyone speak English so we also put subtitles to translate these short message into her language. It was so special to work on and she was so touched!

Can we do this?:think: If one or two people can organize it, begin collecting photos with fans holding flag of home country, or state doing the pose. I am not professional editor, but even i can figure out how to put a collage video together now I no longer have classes to go to, for summer I have the time :) Then we can send it in at end of summer when next season starts.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
oh my God I'm going to HIT something! :bang:
I seriously can't watch this because they used some music that blocks the whole video for my location??? (I'm about 5 seconds away from throwing a tantrum! :cry::cry:)