Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 188 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

SuzyQ

Medalist
I just posted the Progress of EX "Change" links to the other thread.

I love this program and want to see it performed by 19 years old Yuzuru :eek::

echotpe

On the Ice
Before PIW Hachinohe this weekend, let’s recall the ICE 2011

Yuzu’s next ice show will be PIW (Prince Ice World) in Tekunoru Ice Park Niida, Hachinohe on 10, 11, May.

The ice rink is located in north-east of Japan. After 311 earthquakes in 2011, it was the only rink opened to public at north-east area. Later, They held a charity ice show in July at same year and invited Yuzu to participate.

The owner of rink acknowledged how damaged situation of Sendai Ice Rink affected to Yuzu. He generously offered the rink to Yuzu and Ms Nanami to practice their free program, R&J 1.0 at that season. With the power shortage issue, Yuzu had to practice in low-lighted place around twenty days. Romeo worked hard in difficult conditions, yet he got strong support from local people.

The July charity ice show is “ICE 2011”; Yuzu performed the R&J 1.0. He was also showed in group number in finale with other five skaters.

Let’s recall the days when he was bitterly young.

(1) Group number (moves like jagger)
(2) R&J 1.0 EX

roxella

On the Ice
Although I didn't write on this forum for about 2 weeks, I read everyday everything that has been posted. So I have to thank everyone for the links,photos and information about the kid. Thanks a lot! :points:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Some folk on tumblr has just posted an approx summary of Yuzu 2013-14 GP prize money (100,160 USD): http://lulizeu.tumblr.com/post/84734053060/iouxoxo-heres-my-approx-summary-of-yuzu

If it's true that elite skater need at least $160k a year (according to PChan's father), then the total prize money is not enough for his training cost at all.

Not to mention all the deductions skaters have to share for JFS, the total number might be less than amazing. Now I understand why skaters have to attend as many ice shows as possible in the summer. :cry:
Meoima, the poster on tumblr updated and corrected Yuzuru and Machida´s earning for this Season:
http://iouxoxo.tumblr.com/post/84820333137/still-pretty-big-for-19-y-boy-who-love-to-do
http://iouxoxo.tumblr.com/post/84808026842/how-did-machida-earn-more-than-yuzu

Yuzuru $159000.00
Machida US$69000.00

jimeonji

Final Flight
huh, this 4T 3T looked so easy without too much speed :eek:

I found that video the other day and I got really excited because I hadn't seen him do 4t3t before :laugh: especially because I'm pretty sure he never did the 4t3t at all in competition. Always either messed up the quad or just put the 3t on a later jump.

lbc2138

On the Ice
I found that video the other day and I got really excited because I hadn't seen him do 4t3t before :laugh: especially because I'm pretty sure he never did the 4t3t at all in competition. Always either messed up the quad or just put the 3t on a later jump.

Which I thought was a better strategy since with his 3 Lutz - 3 Toe he would get the 10 percent bonus at the end and back then his quad toe wasn't as stable.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Well, he now should start consistently attempting quad sal on shows instead of toe to get more familiar with it :biggrin:

jimeonji

Final Flight
Which I thought was a better strategy since with his 3 Lutz - 3 Toe he would get the 10 percent bonus at the end and back then his quad toe wasn't as stable.

precisely his strategy this season. (how many other skaters' jumps are spaced 1-2 in the short? does anyone know?)
and now there's speculation about two quad short programs :slink:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Meoima, the poster on tumblr updated and corrected Yuzuru and Machida´s earning for this Season
Yes, this is the reason I said JFS cover their top skaters training fees and pay them like salaryman. Because there would be no way Machida, or even Yuzuru or Daisuke's families would have enough money even just for a year to pay for all the fees.
Many skaters don't have sponsors, but they seems to manage quite alright, it seems their fed is helping as well. I am not surprised if that is the reason they have so many ice shows this summer.

FTnoona

Final Flight

I doubt even now with his 4T being pretty stable would Hanyu put a 4T-3T combo into his programs unless he can do it well enough to put it into the 2nd half of his programs or if the rules somehow started to only reward the 4-3 combo more.

Nathan Chen in juniors has a 1-2 layout in his SP and a 2-6 layout in his FS.

mikaboo

Medalist
Can any of you read Korean?
I found a Korean article through a fan blog that is apparently an interview with Shae-Lynn Bourne. I think she talks about choreographing Ashley Wagner and Yuzuru's next LP but I'm only using google translate so I can't be sure. I'd appreciate it if someone with more knowledge could confirm please :)

http://m.xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&toto_id=&entry_id=445874

화려한 선수생활을 마감한 뒤 안무가의 길을 걸었다. 이후 수많은 선수들의 몸짓에 영감을 불어넣었다. 본은 2014 소치올림픽 남자싱글 금메달리스트인 하뉴 유즈루(20, 일본)와 미국 여자싱글을 대표하는 애슐리 와그너(23)와 작업할 예정이다.

"두 달 뒤에 와그너와 하뉴 유즈루의 롱프로그램 안무를 시작합니다. 이번 공연이 끝난 뒤 캐나다로 돌아가면 수많은 스케이터들과 작업에 들어가요. 그리고 7월에는 아라카와 시즈카(33, 일본, 2006 토리노올림픽 금메달)와 함께하는 프렌즈 온 아이스의 안무를 담당합니다."

Translation provided by seabm7 (Thank you!)

After a splendid amateur career, she took the path of a choreographer. She provided inspiration for movements of many skaters. She will work with Hanyu Yuzuru (20), men's singles gold medalist in Sochi, and Ashley Wagner (23), a well known representative of US women's Singles.

"In two months I will start choreography for long programs of Wagner and Hanyu Yuzuru; After this show, back in Canada, I will work with many skaters. And in July, I will handle choreography for Friends on Ice with Arakawa Shizuka (33, Japan, 2006 Torino Gold)."

Last edited:

makaihime

Final Flight
Can any of you read Korean?
I found a Korean article through a fan blog that is apparently an interview with Shae-Lynn Bourne. I think she talks about choreographing Ashley Wagner and Yuzuru's next LP but I'm only using google translate so I can't be sure. I'd appreciate it if someone with more knowledge could confirm please :)

:unsure: Eh...I'm not sure how I feel about that if its true. I think I might prefer David over her for Yuzuru's LP. I remember 2 or 3 programs that was by her and was not impressed, both with the music choices and the choreography. Honestly, I want him to try someone OUTSIDE of Canada :disapp: I am not a happy camper.

But I'll try to be optimistic, maybe they'll surprise me in a good way, which is always nice :biggrin:

sajoya

On the Ice
Seeing Daisuke's Pagliacci (choreographed by Shae-Lynn), I can literally see Yuzuru skate that program.

I honestly don't mind her. I just hope she can make a LP that has more artistry than David's, and at the same time can stack up big points. I have to admit it though, I was hoping for Lori Nichol to be Yuzuru's next choreographer.

sajoya

On the Ice
I don´t get why David Wilson´s choreographies get so much hate.

I like Romeo & Juliet 2.0.

I don't hate his choreographies at all. I feel like he doesn't really bring out Yuzuru's full potential. His programs for Yuzuru lacks aesthetics, which I know Yuzuru is a natural at (for example like his R&J 1.0, White Legend, and Etude in D minor). That's my opinion though.