Page 10 of 323 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Rinkside
    As you already know, yuzuru takes many good luck charm; stone bracelets(given by his mother), cross pendant, bangle(gifted by Plushenko), misanga (presented by famous Japanese women singer ”Mai Kuraki”)that I glance over. And he turns off the cross before he performs the program since 2007-2008season(propably at least).

But, these cross pendant and turn off the cross dosen’t mean religiously so deeply.
    Of course, these charms are very precious gift for him ,though.

It is difficult for even for me(ourseleves) to explain the religion of the Japanese. But I will try to explain.

For many Japanese, we cereblate New Years in the style of Shintoism, weddings in Christianity, and funerals in Buddhism.
    As you know, most of the European people and the American people have their religion. And their religion is mainly Christianity.In Saudi Arabia, or in Africa, many people believe in Allah.
    Comparing with them, the Japanese seem to not to have deep religious feelings.(
    Of course, some Japanese believe in Buddhism, and some believe in Shintoism, or some even believe in Christianity. )

I think, however, Japanese do have their own unique religious feelings. We Japanese have syncretic religious feelings(see; Religion in Japan at Wikipedia), and they do not seem for many foreign people to be the deep religious feelings.
    It is not strange that one Japanese prays to Buddha and at the same time prays to Shinto gods. This doesn’t mean lack of religion in the Japanese. This is the typical form of Japanese's religion. It is often difficult for Japanese themselves to say which god they believe in, or which spirit, or holy being, they believe in. But most Japanese believe in something religious entity which is, however, difficult to name correctly. And you should know that this is the style and existing form of the Japanese religion.

Custom Title
    Very interesting posts

thank you kriwyr for your thoughtful posts about current religious belief trends in Japan. I was touched to hear Plushenko giftd him a cross and bangle. So actually, he is showing appreciation and respect to one of his skating idols to wear it. It changes my mind and softens my heart at its use. I think Plush is or was Russian Orthodox. I don't know if it is a big part of his life or not. It is very interesting to me. Plu has said "Hanyu is the one to beat." I think Sochi podium is within possibility for Hanyu. He has much time to mature and he looks to be a great competitor already. I could see him as Japan's first Olympic Gold medalist, perhaps in 2018 as you say.

Rinkside
    I’m glad to see my thread. ^^; …… getting off the subject, I become tangential at times going into long explanations. It is really difficult to explain.

After all, for many Japanese , religion is so to speak “culture which is established in our lives”. Thus it seems to be difficult to be aware of its presence.

But….Sorry skateluvr!! My way of writing is poor.

Plushenko gifted yuzuru his bangles,put on his right arm ;blue and black one, at the year before last summer(at the ice show), though I don’t sure his cross charm ><;.

But I really agree with your opinion about “he is showing appreciation and respect to one of his skating idols to wear it” , too.
    In fact, he wears it all the time even at the competition! Moreover yuzuru replied, “He(Plushenko) is a god of figureskating’s world on Japanese TV after 2010 JW.
    So he is very pleased and it must be a great encouragement.

*We heard the way he “takes a cross before he skates” means “make his axis of body level and horizontal with ices”. So it doesn’t express the religious feeling.
    It seems to be an incantation against good performances.
    *We * means Japanese people among fan of yuzuru , though above-mentioned is common opinion of us.

Custom Title
    New video on Yuzuru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naDKw9_DJpY

Can someone translate :D

kilyca
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    New video on Yuzuru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naDKw9_DJpY

Can someone translate :D
    I'm sorry. Because I am running out of time today, I cannot translate content.The contributor seems to intend to delete this video on the morning of 9th of the Japan time.I wrote in comment when "Please did not delete this video" for a contributor.I will pray for a video not being deleted tomorrow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    thank you kriwyr for your thoughtful posts about current religious belief trends in Japan. I was touched to hear Plushenko giftd him a cross and bangle. So actually, he is showing appreciation and respect to one of his skating idols to wear it. It changes my mind and softens my heart at its use.
    I also like this little touching story between Plushy and Hanyu.

Plu has said "Hanyu is the one to beat." I think Sochi podium is within possibility for Hanyu. He has much time to mature and he looks to be a great competitor already. I could see him as Japan's first Olympic Gold medalist, perhaps in 2018 as you say.
    I’m kinda surprised that Plushy said Hanyu is the one to beat instead of someone like Chan…
    At which interview did Plushy say this? Does anyone know?

Custom Title
    I don't know the whole story behind this, but often an athlete will diss another one by ignoring him. So Plushy may or may not believe that Hanyu has more potential than Chan as a rival. By saying that Hanyu is his main rival, he might just be implying that Chan is not someone he deems worthy of his attention. There's nothing wrong with this, if it's true.

Either way, the story of Plushy giving Hanyu that little gift shows a wonderful gesture of respect.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kilyca View Post
    I'm sorry. Because I am running out of time today, I cannot translate content.The contributor seems to intend to delete this video on the morning of 9th of the Japan time.I wrote in comment when "Please did not delete this video" for a contributor.I will pray for a video not being deleted tomorrow.
    Okay...thanks. I am glad I can watch the video before it gets taken off tho (although I don't understand much) !!

kilyca
    Okay...thanks. I am glad I can watch the video before it gets taken off tho (although I don't understand much) !!
    Some content that I remember about the video.
    (Permit my poor English.)

【A 17-year-old boy YUZURU HANYU thinking】
    When it is hard, he watches a photograph when he evacuated.
    Because he remembers hardest time, and it braces oneself up.

He visited the gymnasium of a school used as a refuge and talked about an experience of his own.
    And,He talked in this way;
    "I was not able to sleep to see the nightmare of the earthquake"
    "Four we families spent it in very very small space." (450 people evacuated there)
    "Teachers prepared food. And they apologized for food not being enough."
    "I distributed a small rice ball(like the chicken egg) in two people and ate"
    "It was not the situation that could say that I wanted to skate"

When it was spring, the appearance requests of the show rushed to him.
    It was a good opportunity to obtain an exercise place for him.
    However, in the days of a beginning, he hesitated about leaving the hometown.
    This is because it felt him to be in this way.
    "The situation that all the homefolks have a hard time very much now"
    "Only oneself escapes from the place and does a favorite thing, and will it be good?"

The reaction from the audience and a homefolk to see his skating show was praise.
    He got a letter of the encouragement from many people.
    He felt the pressure in the expectation from neighboring people.
    However, it became the courage of his own that people were pleased by his performance.

Finally,He promised that he did his best in the world championship.
    Last edited by kilyca; 03-10-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kilyca View Post
    Some content that I remember about the video.
    (Permit my poor English.)

【A 17-year-old boy YUZURU HANYU thinking】
    When it is hard, he watches a photograph when he evacuated.
    Because he remembers hardest time, and it braces oneself up.

He visited the gymnasium of a school used as a refuge and talked about an experience of his own.
    And,He talked in this way;
    "I was not able to sleep to see the nightmare of the earthquake"
    "Four we families spent it in very very small space." (450 people evacuated there)
    "Teachers prepared food. And they apologized for food not being enough."
    "I distributed the small rice ball(like the chicken egg) in two people and ate"
    "It was not the situation that could say that I wanted to skate"

When it was spring, the appearance requests of the show rushed to him.
    It was a good opportunity to obtain an exercise place for him.
    However, in the days of a beginning, he hesitated about leaving the hometown.
    This is because it felt him to be in this way.
    "The situation that all the homefolks have a hard time very much now"
    "Only oneself escapes from the place and does a favorite thing, and will it be good?"

The reaction from the audience and a homefolk to see his skating show was praise.
    He got a letter of the encouragement from many people.
    He felt the pressure in the expectation from neighboring people.
    However, it became the courage of his own that people were pleased by his performance.

Finally,He promised that he did his best in the world championship.
    Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it!! I really admire Yuzuru's courage, and his maturity for someone his age.....

I am without words; he's just such a great character

Custom Title
    kilyca, Thank you so much for the translation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I don't know the whole story behind this, but often an athlete will diss another one by ignoring him. So Plushy may or may not believe that Hanyu has more potential than Chan as a rival. By saying that Hanyu is his main rival, he might just be implying that Chan is not someone he deems worthy of his attention. There's nothing wrong with this, if it's true.
    It seems like the words have been taken out of the context. I don't remember that Plush ever spoke ill about Chan or tried to diss him in any other form. On the contrary, even when his devoted fans asked him about Chan being repeatedly overscored in spite of all his mistakes, Plush normally left it without comments or said that Chan is doing a very good work and Plush will give him his "answer" in Sochi. Mishin did comment about Chan's abnormal score. But Plush- no. He learned from his own experience how easily the press can make things up or twist the words (all around Vancouver crap), so he prefers to stay diplomatic. Moreover, in one of his most recent interviews after RN with Flade, published in World Figure Skating magazine in Japan (in sales from March 3rd), he again mentioned Chan as one of his main rivals, together with Dai, Hanyu, and others. So, obviously he is not dissing chanadian and keeps the precious mister Chan in mind.
    Plush praized Hanyu when the last one was still in junior. This year he is just keeping doing that and not without the reason. Considering the lack of ice, training hours and personal trauma (earthquake), that little Romeo made a really amazing work. He has unquie style, passion, speed, smooth edge and incredible jumps. I wonder what we will see from him in future seasons, when he becames more mature, obtains higher sophistication and has enough training hours. That will be something, no doubt. Quite logical to see him as a rival in 2014 and a possible OGM in 2018.

how thoughtful

my 2 favorites !, I didn't know that Zhenya was the one who gave the cross pendant to Yuzuru
    and its very respect of Yuzuru to use most of his gifts as luck charms and amulets
    now I know why Zhenya said " Yuzuru is the one to beat "

he has a soft spot for him, I believe and its destined Yuzuru will become a superstar
    he is the real deal, forget Dai or the mega hyped low Chan

kilyca
    Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it!! I really admire Yuzuru's courage, and his maturity for someone his age.....

I am without words; he's just such a great character
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    kilyca, Thank you so much for the translation.
    It is part that I was able to translate.

One year just passed from an earthquake disaster.
    I experienced that earthquake disaster, too and received the influence of the radiation by the nuclear plant accident.
    Therefore I sympathize with YUZURU very much.
    Last edited by kilyca; 03-10-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Page 10 of 323 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast