Page 100 of 2582 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 150 200 600 1100 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 38725

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #1486

  2. #1487
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    204

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    He is a true miracle. Always cheers me.

    100th Page!

  3. #1488
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    97

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    100th Page!
    Party on lol!!!

  4. #1489

  5. #1490

  6. #1491

  7. #1492
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    202

    0 Not allowed!
    I'm jumping on the bandwagon as well
    New post-4CC videos have surfaced on the net.
    FS Small Medal Ceremony (w/ Max Aaron and Kevin)
    Gifts of Honour (w/ Kevin and Han Yan)

  8. #1493
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    97

    0 Not allowed!
    Thx, zydeco88, great shares!!!!Thanks a lot!

    And an adorable video of Yuzu and Kanko, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUV6yWtPkMg, thx furanolove, bringing us such a great video of two Japanese young skaters.

    Hopefully Yuzu and Kanako will attend university entrance ceremony, officially embark on their new journey at colleges today.

    Congrats on both of them for achieving huge amount of accomplishments through all these year being great skaters and students too. I believe they will stay positive and keep working hard whatever as skaters or university freshmen.

    Moreover, IMAO it's interesting Yuzuru fan thread reached to page 100 at the spacial day, may it be counted as a new voyage for us too? LOL

  9. #1494
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    9

    0 Not allowed!
    And an adorable video of Yuzu and Kanko, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUV6yWtPkMg, thx furanolove, bringing us such a great video of two Japanese young skaters.

    Thanks for the video share! Love the two of them both and how they're like growing up together

    Congratulations in advance to Yuzuru and Kanako! I wish them all the best because it must be so hard to juggle competing and training etc with schoolwork, I really admire them

  10. #1495
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    9

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    Moreover, IMAO it's interesting Yuzuru fan thread reached to page 100 at the spacial day, may it be counted as a new voyage for us too? LOL
    I think so, I hope it's a long and happy voyage!

  11. #1496
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36

    0 Not allowed!
    100 pages!!

    Thanks to everyone here for giving me a place to express all of my figure skating feels!

  12. #1497
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    204

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    I think so, I hope it's a long and happy voyage!
    I agree!

  13. #1498
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    49

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    I didn't expect Yuzuru to suddenly arise in my own little FS world. Because actually I admit that I used to hate him before 2011 CoR. Only idiots can change.
    You used to hate Yuzuru before 2011 CoR?? Do you mind share your story with me? I'm so curious LOL.
    Yes of course, I'll try to share it the best I can.

    In 2010 I went to check junior worlds results, I was curious to see this little Yuzuru Hanyu. So I looked his SP first and I didn't like his style. But then I didn't want to stay with this 1st impression so I went to see his free. What surprised me was that he had 2 different styles of programs. But something disturbed me in his skating tough I couldn't figure out what. Right now it's a little fuzzy when I try to remember what I exactly felt.
    One thing was his overall attitude, I mean he had such an air of confidence at this early age, and I hated that though I didn't read any interviews, but to me his gaze was like saying that he was the best and that he would smash all of his seniors (in my head I was imagining such stupid things). I know it was totally unjustified, but at that time I was a massive Dai-fan and it bothered me to see this kid having this attitude of sureness.

    Then I saw 2010 4cc SP & LP. It left me cold but thought his jumps were huge. And still jealous that he was coming close to Dai in such a short time. Then I saw Romeo and Juliet The ice show. Still nothing. I wasn't move and was bothered by the fact that he was putting so much energy, but thought it was just pure show off. By this time, I totally invented his personality (proud, snooty, arrogant etc...) and was far from knowing the kind of person he was in reality.

    2011 cup of China I wanted him to lose, but something changed a little, during the FP. I was seeing it live, and I surprised myself by screaming "Oh no get up!" when he fell on his 3A-3T, same for his next fall. I felt a pinched in my heart when seeing his 4th place. I was disappointed, but still couldn't figure out what changed exactly.

    Then Cup of Russia was the revelation. It was my 3rd time seeing R&J, it left me cold, but not this time. Despite the mistakes, it was like I had been blind all this time. How did I miss this 3A out of a spread eagle? How did I miss those spins perfectly suited with the music? How did I miss that last footwork sequence full of passion? I don't know, I just spend my time replaying it again and again. Even his older programs. That's it.

    It's strange, because usually, it's always a "love at first sight" concerning skaters. I like them or not, but generally it doesn't change. Yuzuru is the exception. Thereafter, I figured out he was far from being this little pretentious kid I thought.
    I became a huge fan now, but like being a fan of Mao and Yuna, it' hard to be a Dai Yuzu fan as well because of stupid fans war and also because I want them both to do well.

    I hope I have been cleared, it's a little hard to express my thought easily in english. So I hope there won't be any misunderstandings.

    Alleluia 100th page

  14. #1499
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    204

    0 Not allowed!
    Nice story.
    I saw him for the first time in the 2009 Junior World Championships. It was love at first sight. Has continued ever since.

  15. #1500
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    Yes of course, I'll try to share it the best I can.

    In 2010 I went to check junior worlds results, I was curious to see this little Yuzuru Hanyu. So I looked his SP first and I didn't like his style. But then I didn't want to stay with this 1st impression so I went to see his free. What surprised me was that he had 2 different styles of programs. But something disturbed me in his skating tough I couldn't figure out what. Right now it's a little fuzzy when I try to remember what I exactly felt.
    One thing was his overall attitude, I mean he had such an air of confidence at this early age, and I hated that though I didn't read any interviews, but to me his gaze was like saying that he was the best and that he would smash all of his seniors (in my head I was imagining such stupid things). I know it was totally unjustified, but at that time I was a massive Dai-fan and it bothered me to see this kid having this attitude of sureness.

    Then I saw 2010 4cc SP & LP. It left me cold but thought his jumps were huge. And still jealous that he was coming close to Dai in such a short time. Then I saw Romeo and Juliet The ice show. Still nothing. I wasn't move and was bothered by the fact that he was putting so much energy, but thought it was just pure show off. By this time, I totally invented his personality (proud, snooty, arrogant etc...) and was far from knowing the kind of person he was in reality.

    2011 cup of China I wanted him to lose, but something changed a little, during the FP. I was seeing it live, and I surprised myself by screaming "Oh no get up!" when he fell on his 3A-3T, same for his next fall. I felt a pinched in my heart when seeing his 4th place. I was disappointed, but still couldn't figure out what changed exactly.

    Then Cup of Russia was the revelation. It was my 3rd time seeing R&J, it left me cold, but not this time. Despite the mistakes, it was like I had been blind all this time. How did I miss this 3A out of a spread eagle? How did I miss those spins perfectly suited with the music? How did I miss that last footwork sequence full of passion? I don't know, I just spend my time replaying it again and again. Even his older programs. That's it.

    It's strange, because usually, it's always a "love at first sight" concerning skaters. I like them or not, but generally it doesn't change. Yuzuru is the exception. Thereafter, I figured out he was far from being this little pretentious kid I thought.
    I became a huge fan now, but like being a fan of Mao and Yuna, it' hard to be a Dai Yuzu fan as well because of stupid fans war and also because I want them both to do well.

    I hope I have been cleared, it's a little hard to express my thought easily in english. So I hope there won't be any misunderstandings.

    Alleluia 100th page
    Nice story :D (It's so difficult ignoring Mao/Yuna/Dai/Yuzu bots on the net D: )

    The very first time I saw him was in this montage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLApCiEPPQ posted in 2007, but as if I recognized him xD I only recognized little Kana since she was always around Mao and I am a huge Mao fan :P The next time was when he won Jr Worlds and I was really impressed with his jumps (especially how he was able to save the second 3A in his FS). Then I kind of lost track of skating for a while after Olys but on my youtube homepage under suggestions was his 2012 Worlds FS so I figured I'd give it a watch and strangely I just thought, hmmm not bad. Then I watched the medal ceremony and saw how happy he was (and how fricken adorable he was), so I went back and watched his FS again, then again, and again and again, each time finding something new that I loved about that free-skate. So naturally this led to me watching his SP, which led to watching programs at previous events that season, then previous seasons, then finding that Jr Worlds FS again on youtube. To be honest I didn't recognize him from the 2012 Worlds FS but the Jr Worlds FS looked familiar so I scrolled through the comments and there was one I left 2 years earlier saying how impressed I was with him xD It took a while but I'm all caught up now

    This was a really long and pointless post - kudos if you read it and made to the end >_<

Page 100 of 2582 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 150 200 600 1100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •