Page 101 of 2750 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 151 201 601 1101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 41249

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    Off season is just boring and BTW it seems Yuzuru may not attend Waseda's entrance ceremony though coz there's no repo confirmed he's there.
    I've come across a myriad of media reports on Kanako's entrance to Chukyo University while none on Yuzuru. So, it's very probable he didn't attend the ceremony. Actually, I saw a news report (hmm, it's not there anymore, they already removed the video from the site, unfortunately) on Waseda entrance ceremony (it's a well-known private university in Japan, with quite a lot of celebrities graduating from there, so naturally even though Yuzu was not present, it still got media coverage), and instantly put on my detective goggles to look for a familiar figure of a tall lean teenage boy with baby-faced manga-like facial feature among a multitude of 10,000 freshmen despite knowing that it was a futile effort. Boredom can make you do irrational things.

Anyway, Hakuhodo DY media partners Inc. (a Japanese advertising and PR company) has published the result of their recent survey on athletes' image ranking in Japan (something like athletes' power ranking, I guess).

Yuzuru's name appears in one of the categories:
    Athletes with lots of vim and vigour (or with the most momentum?)
    1. Takanashi Sara (Ski Jumper)
    2. Hanyu Yuzuru (Figure Skater)
    3. Kagawa Shinji (Footballer)
    4. Darvish Yu (Baseball Player)
    5. Nishikori Kei (Tennis Player) & Maeda Kenta (Baseball Player)
    Mode of survey: web-based questionnaire
    The survey maps out the athletes' degree of recognition and favorability and primarily aims to provide the data that will be used as the basis for CM castings.
    Not sure how influential this survey is, but the rankings are pretty spread out among the athletes of different sports disciplines (Ichiro, probably the most respected baseball athlete in Japan, Sawa Homare the captain of Japanese female football team, Kitajima Kousuke multiple OGM breast-stroke swimmer, Yoshida Saori OGM female wrestler). And as expected, Mao consistently appears in the upper echelon of the rankings in many categories, outpacing other figure skaters, with Dai following behind.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    An American fashion designer, Nick Verreos' comment on Yuzuru's Notre Dame Costume.
    http://nickverrreos.blogspot.jp/2013...isu-world.html

Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan--Yuzuru's costume for his Free Skate to Music from the Notre-Dame de Paris soundtrack by Riccardo Cocciante was one that I really liked all season long and commented on previously here on my blog. In fact, I deemed it one of THE BEST of the season. I said this: It was soooo Johnny Weir in its no-holds-barred design philosophy and embrace of feminine-like details. The big cross, the ombre dyed ivory and red shirt, the one sleeve ruffle and one black glove; lots of details and he was not afraid to "Go For It"!

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    As mention of fans wars, it's the least thing you need to care IMAO. We can't guarantee every fan could be rational and nice , sometimes some fans could be paranoid and unreasonable. Just ignore them and then simply there's no war.
    Lol how some people are desperate in insisting that fans wars in Japan exist. Pj Kwong staffer? It reminds me the last year's similar online talks about Mao-Akiko fans war, that eventually disappeared since the subject was non-existance in the first place. Now- deja vu. There is no fans war in J-arenas, neither between of any skater's fans whomever you wish to pick up. The only fans war that exist is in your mouths of those who keep typing about them. But how cares. It's just the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    Anyway, Hakuhodo DY media partners Inc. (a Japanese advertising and PR company) has published the result of their recent survey on athletes' image ranking in Japan (something like athletes' power ranking, I guess).

Yuzuru's name appears in one of the categories:

Mode of survey: web-based questionnaire
    The survey maps out the athletes' degree of recognition and favorability and primarily aims to provide the data that will be used as the basis for CM castings.
    Not sure how influential this survey is, but the rankings are pretty spread out among the athletes of different sports disciplines (Ichiro, probably the most respected baseball athlete in Japan, Sawa Homare the captain of Japanese female football team, Kitajima Kousuke multiple OGM breast-stroke swimmer, Yoshida Saori OGM female wrestler). And as expected, Mao consistently appears in the upper echelon of the rankings in many categories, outpacing other figure skaters, with Dai following behind.
    I have no idea how this survey works. But it's good to see that people in Japan have rather high expectations from figure skaters and fs competitions, including in Sochi. Mao indeed showed up 5 times, Dai-3, with Yuzu and Kanako- once. I love #5 survey: the most glamorous one, with Mao, Yuna, Dai, Kanako, Ichiro (is he glamorous? oh... ) on the list.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    Thanks for sharing. They're so cute!! Are they brothers?
    No, they're friends from the same primary school.

It took me 5 month to finally like this costume.
    I still don't get the costume design, tbh. It's too feminine and just not a cup of my tea. I'm sincerely hoping that Johnny Weir comes up with something befitting of the young prince as it's pretty much confirmed he is designing the costume for his new FS (IFS April 2013 Issue - Weir Interview - On Track for a 2014 Olympic Comeback).

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    No, they're friends from the same primary school.

I still don't get the costume design, tbh. It's too feminine and just not a cup of my tea. I'm sincerely hoping that Johnny Weir comes up with something befitting of the young prince as it's pretty much confirmed he is designing the costume for his new FS (IFS April 2013 Issue - Weir Interview - On Track for a 2014 Olympic Comeback).
    Yes! I hope Wilson and Weir nice costume planned for Yuzu. I'm very curious!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I've come across a myriad of media reports on Kanako's entrance to Chukyo University while none on Yuzuru. So, it's very probable he didn't attend the ceremony. Actually, I saw a news report (hmm, it's not there anymore, they already removed the video from the site, unfortunately) on Waseda entrance ceremony (it's a well-known private university in Japan, with quite a lot of celebrities graduating from there, so naturally even though Yuzu was not present, it still got media coverage), and instantly put on my detective goggles to look for a familiar figure of a tall lean teenage boy with baby-faced manga-like facial feature among a multitude of 10,000 freshmen despite knowing that it was a futile effort. Boredom can make you do irrational things.
    OMG!!We almost did the same thing lol!!!But I have to confess I've done something more irrational though coz I even called my personal connection in Waseda to get a comfirmation of Yuzuru's absence. See, my boredness is killing me.

PS.Thx for the infor of Notre Dame costume, I remembered Mr. Verreos highly profiled Notre Dame costume since last year as I cannot get it though. Baby pink, chiffon, lace, I'm just not a big fan of it.

0 Not allowed!

Same here, I'm not a big fan of the pink. I hope Johnny designs something like his 2011-2012 sp costume, I thought that was really beautiful but not in an overly feminine sort of way and fit the music he had. But I kind of doubt it looking at some of Johnny's own costumes. I live in hope though

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    And I'm happy that you read my story with a big smile! I was afraid to shock some of those who loved Yuzu from the beginning. I've not been a great fan sometimes, I've been acted like a spoiled kid who wanted his/her favourite skater to win all things no matter what he did. I'm such ashamed of this behaviour But I try to change little by little.

And yes I think I'm gonna let fanwars aside. Even if it hurts a lot. We can't do anything but ignore it.

Oh really? I didn't know that! Amazing to hear that Mao is an inspiration even for boys
    No worries, actually I have some long time friends whom used to hate Yuzu so much but now all love Yuzu to the bones lol. You are a great fan, please keep this in mind. I saw some videos you uploaded on YouTube, a great contribution to Yuzu fans community. There's no one could judge you at stage of how to be a great fan IMAO.

To be more specific of Yuzu being a fan of Mao, I asked a little help from my little database and glad to see Asahi didn't delete the interview though, it was published in 2010.

http://www.asahi.com/special/plus/TKY201011160263.html

Yuzuru explained, in the camp jump timing was something he inspired from seeing Mao's Triple Axel alive which so different from when it presented on TV. Thanks to Mao's Triple Axel, Yuzuru memorized the image of Triple Axel which could contribute on his own.

Yuna, Yuzuru said in another TV interview the greatness of Yuna is she could adapt jumps flawlessly into programs to naturally put it together.

So basically Yuzu is a Mao fan also a Yuna fan, exactly like you lol.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    No worries, actually I have some long time friends whom used to hate Yuzu so much but now all love Yuzu to the bones lol. You are a great fan, please keep this in mind. I saw some videos you uploaded on YouTube, a great contribution to Yuzu fans community. There's no one could judge you at stage of how to be a great fan IMAO.

To be more specific of Yuzu being a fan of Mao, I asked a little help from my little database and glad to see Asahi didn't delete the interview though, it was published in 2010.

http://www.asahi.com/special/plus/TKY201011160263.html

Yuzuru explained, in the camp jump timing was something he inspired from seeing Mao's Triple Axel alive which so different from when it presented on TV. Thanks to Mao's Triple Axel, Yuzuru memorized the image of Triple Axel which could contribute on his own.

Yuna, Yuzuru said in another TV interview the greatness of Yuna is she could adapt jumps flawlessly into programs to naturally put it together.

So basically Yuzu is a Mao fan also a Yuna fan, exactly like you lol.
    I'm so glad that Yuzu has such great fans like everyone here

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I asked a little help from my little database...

why was I thinking "mirror mirror on the wall"...

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I asked a little help from my little database and glad to see Asahi didn't delete the interview though, it was published in 2010.
    LOL, Yuzuru database rocks!

Some cutness from yuzuru and kanako:
    http://i.imgur.com/rgZVcCz.jpg

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Some old pictures:
    http://pic.prepics-cdn.com/yuka10171993/22717752.jpeg (circa 2009-2010; playing PSP together Is that Kim Min Seok sitting beside Yuzu?)
    http://pic.prepics-cdn.com/yuka10171993/22571319.jpeg (circa 2009-2010; the uploader says that it's taken at a hotel room by another athlete. )
    http://pic.prepics-cdn.com/yuka10171993/22633472.jpeg (FOI 2011, with a lipstick mark on his cheek that he got from Tamura Yamako aka Tamura Yamato )

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!

As for the videos I uploaded, it's all gone now. My account as been deleted. Well it's not like I didn't expect it. At least I tried. I really wanted to share, because I wouldn't know any of Yuzuru's programs if they were not uploaded on Youtube. So I tried to do the same. I dream of a place where we could watch skating without worrying about removals.
    :O WHY youtube why???

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelTra91 View Post
    :O WHY youtube why???
    Oh, no!!!!!!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Does anybody know why Orser didn't sit beside Yuzu after his FS?

Page 101 of 2750 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 151 201 601 1101 ... LastLast