Page 101 of 710 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 10636

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

On the Ice
    LOL,that's rich. Anyways, party on

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    Nice story.
    I saw him for the first time in the 2009 Junior World Championships. It was love at first sight. Has continued ever since.
    Oh really? Did you see him live?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelTra91 View Post
    Nice story :D (It's so difficult ignoring Mao/Yuna/Dai/Yuzu bots on the net D: )

The very first time I saw him was in this montage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLApCiEPPQ posted in 2007, but as if I recognized him xD I only recognized little Kana since she was always around Mao and I am a huge Mao fan :P The next time was when he won Jr Worlds and I was really impressed with his jumps (especially how he was able to save the second 3A in his FS). Then I kind of lost track of skating for a while after Olys but on my youtube homepage under suggestions was his 2012 Worlds FS so I figured I'd give it a watch and strangely I just thought, hmmm not bad. Then I watched the medal ceremony and saw how happy he was (and how fricken adorable he was), so I went back and watched his FS again, then again, and again and again, each time finding something new that I loved about that free-skate. So naturally this led to me watching his SP, which led to watching programs at previous events that season, then previous seasons, then finding that Jr Worlds FS again on youtube. To be honest I didn't recognize him from the 2012 Worlds FS but the Jr Worlds FS looked familiar so I scrolled through the comments and there was one I left 2 years earlier saying how impressed I was with him xD It took a while but I'm all caught up now

This was a really long and pointless post - kudos if you read it and made to the end >_<
    I read it and it's not pointless. I like to read stories of how people discover figure skating for the first time or a skater in particular. Because those first memories are unforgettable (as I'm concerned).

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Enjoy the sport and follow fair play is the advice that always works.
    Yes you're right. I struggled a lot in being fair play. I easily get carried away when I'm not happy with results. But I try more and more to be objective these days, and yes just enjoy the sport as you said.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    It's strange, because usually, it's always a "love at first sight" concerning skaters. I like them or not, but generally it doesn't change. Yuzuru is the exception. Thereafter, I figured out he was far from being this little pretentious kid I thought.
    I became a huge fan now, but like being a fan of Mao and Yuna, it' hard to be a Dai Yuzu fan as well because of stupid fans war and also because I want them both to do well.

I hope I have been cleared, it's a little hard to express my thought easily in english. So I hope there won't be any misunderstandings.

Alleluia 100th page

Merci d'avoir partagé.

Such a cute story! I read through with my big smile lol. I really appreciated your generous to share your thoughts with me here.

We are in agreement on the love at first sigh theory towards skaters but I also think things can be different sometime. Some came at first time in your life, you keep them in your heart. But some just needs you take time to identify your deep love of them.

I'm not sure if you're aware of a well-known novel by Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, your process of being a fan of Yuzuru reminds me lots of fun I enjoyed with the novel lol, delicately the same.

As mention of fans wars, it's the least thing you need to care IMAO. We can't guarantee every fan could be rational and nice , sometimes some fans could be paranoid and unreasonable. Just ignore them and then simply there's no war. Never let them ruin your joyness coz basically there's nothing they can do for real.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    I think so, I hope it's a long and happy voyage!
    It will with everyone's contribution, I strongly believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by HelTra91 View Post

This was a really long and pointless post - kudos if you read it and made to the end >_<
    Hey, HelTra91, I read it through and I don't think it's pointless lol. As you are a Mao fan, I believe you already knew Yuzuru is a mao fan too. Yuzu said once he learned jump timing issue from Mao's Triple Axel. They two are such cutie pies lol.

Custom Title
    No, I have not seen him live.

Yuzu as a role model. Cute!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_vLM...edium=facebook

Medalist
    Off season is just boring and BTW it seems Yuzuru may not attend Waseda's entrance ceremony though coz there's no repo confirmed he's there.

Takasu Tsutomu, a famous Japanese Photographer said some cute things about Yuzu in recent Canon interview.

http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/be.../takasu03.html

As turing into male skater's perspective, both Yuzuru Hanyu and Daisuke Takahashi are quite interesting. Specially Hanyu, with a strong sense of ego which seems hardly to hide, a competitive spirit (In the original article the writer use word rivalry in Japanese), all seems really adorable. In some interviews, he squinted aside. He gazed at an object somewhere else as the time of other skaters talking, such vivid eyes. I would like to capture and delivery those kind of dramatic facial expressions from this kid.

This is exactly the Yuzuru I knew for a loooooong time lol.

Custom Title
    The 11 y.o. fifth grader in grey training top (and in grey hoodie later), Nishiyama Shingo is a big Yuzuru fan. Check out this video to see his reaction watching Yuzuru's Worlds SP. Adorable

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    The 11 y.o. fifth grader in grey training top (and in grey hoodie later), Nishiyama Shingo is a big Yuzuru fan. Check out this video to see his reaction watching Yuzuru's Worlds SP. Adorable
    Thank you!

Custom Title
    Oh, so cute!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    Off season is just boring and BTW it seems Yuzuru may not attend Waseda's entrance ceremony though coz there's no repo confirmed he's there.
    I've come across a myriad of media reports on Kanako's entrance to Chukyo University while none on Yuzuru. So, it's very probable he didn't attend the ceremony. Actually, I saw a news report (hmm, it's not there anymore, they already removed the video from the site, unfortunately) on Waseda entrance ceremony (it's a well-known private university in Japan, with quite a lot of celebrities graduating from there, so naturally even though Yuzu was not present, it still got media coverage), and instantly put on my detective goggles to look for a familiar figure of a tall lean teenage boy with baby-faced manga-like facial feature among a multitude of 10,000 freshmen despite knowing that it was a futile effort. Boredom can make you do irrational things.

Anyway, Hakuhodo DY media partners Inc. (a Japanese advertising and PR company) has published the result of their recent survey on athletes' image ranking in Japan (something like athletes' power ranking, I guess).

Yuzuru's name appears in one of the categories:
    Athletes with lots of vim and vigour (or with the most momentum?)
    1. Takanashi Sara (Ski Jumper)
    2. Hanyu Yuzuru (Figure Skater)
    3. Kagawa Shinji (Footballer)
    4. Darvish Yu (Baseball Player)
    5. Nishikori Kei (Tennis Player) & Maeda Kenta (Baseball Player)
    Mode of survey: web-based questionnaire
    The survey maps out the athletes' degree of recognition and favorability and primarily aims to provide the data that will be used as the basis for CM castings.
    Not sure how influential this survey is, but the rankings are pretty spread out among the athletes of different sports disciplines (Ichiro, probably the most respected baseball athlete in Japan, Sawa Homare the captain of Japanese female football team, Kitajima Kousuke multiple OGM breast-stroke swimmer, Yoshida Saori OGM female wrestler). And as expected, Mao consistently appears in the upper echelon of the rankings in many categories, outpacing other figure skaters, with Dai following behind.

Custom Title
    An American fashion designer, Nick Verreos' comment on Yuzuru's Notre Dame Costume.
    http://nickverrreos.blogspot.jp/2013...isu-world.html

Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan--Yuzuru's costume for his Free Skate to Music from the Notre-Dame de Paris soundtrack by Riccardo Cocciante was one that I really liked all season long and commented on previously here on my blog. In fact, I deemed it one of THE BEST of the season. I said this: It was soooo Johnny Weir in its no-holds-barred design philosophy and embrace of feminine-like details. The big cross, the ombre dyed ivory and red shirt, the one sleeve ruffle and one black glove; lots of details and he was not afraid to "Go For It"!

Tripping on the Podium
    Merci d'avoir partagé.

Such a cute story! I read through with my big smile lol. I really appreciated your generous to share your thoughts with me here.

We are in agreement on the love at first sigh theory towards skaters but I also think things can be different sometime. Some came at first time in your life, you keep them in your heart. But some just needs you take time to identify your deep love of them.

I'm not sure if you're aware of a well-known novel by Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, your process of being a fan of Yuzuru reminds me lots of fun I enjoyed with the novel lol, delicately the same.

As mention of fans wars, it's the least thing you need to care IMAO. We can't guarantee every fan could be rational and nice , sometimes some fans could be paranoid and unreasonable. Just ignore them and then simply there's no war. Never let them ruin your joyness coz basically there's nothing they can do for real.
    De rien, you're welcome! I'm surprised that you know some french words
    I heard about the book you mentioned and never read it, but you make me want to now. And I'm happy that you read my story with a big smile! I was afraid to shock some of those who loved Yuzu from the beginning. I've not been a great fan sometimes, I've been acted like a spoiled kid who wanted his/her favourite skater to win all things no matter what he did. I'm such ashamed of this behaviour But I try to change little by little.

And yes I think I'm gonna let fanwars aside. Even if it hurts a lot. We can't do anything but ignore it.

Yuzu said once he learned jump timing issue from Mao's Triple Axel. They two are such cutie pies lol.
    Oh really? I didn't know that! Amazing to hear that Mao is an inspiration even for boys

Thanks for sharing. They're so cute!! Are they brothers?

An American fashion designer, Nick Verreos' comment on Yuzuru's Notre Dame Costume.
    http://nickverrreos.blogspot.jp/2013...isu-world.html
    It took me 5 month to finally like this costume.
    he was not afraid to "Go For It"!
    So true! That's what I like about Yuzu, he's not afraid of anything.

Banned
    As mention of fans wars, it's the least thing you need to care IMAO. We can't guarantee every fan could be rational and nice , sometimes some fans could be paranoid and unreasonable. Just ignore them and then simply there's no war.
    Lol how some people are desperate in insisting that fans wars in Japan exist. Pj Kwong staffer? It reminds me the last year's similar online talks about Mao-Akiko fans war, that eventually disappeared since the subject was non-existance in the first place. Now- deja vu. There is no fans war in J-arenas, neither between of any skater's fans whomever you wish to pick up. The only fans war that exist is in your mouths of those who keep typing about them. But how cares. It's just the Internet.

Anyway, Hakuhodo DY media partners Inc. (a Japanese advertising and PR company) has published the result of their recent survey on athletes' image ranking in Japan (something like athletes' power ranking, I guess).

Yuzuru's name appears in one of the categories:

Mode of survey: web-based questionnaire
    The survey maps out the athletes' degree of recognition and favorability and primarily aims to provide the data that will be used as the basis for CM castings.
    Not sure how influential this survey is, but the rankings are pretty spread out among the athletes of different sports disciplines (Ichiro, probably the most respected baseball athlete in Japan, Sawa Homare the captain of Japanese female football team, Kitajima Kousuke multiple OGM breast-stroke swimmer, Yoshida Saori OGM female wrestler). And as expected, Mao consistently appears in the upper echelon of the rankings in many categories, outpacing other figure skaters, with Dai following behind.
    I have no idea how this survey works. But it's good to see that people in Japan have rather high expectations from figure skaters and fs competitions, including in Sochi. Mao indeed showed up 5 times, Dai-3, with Yuzu and Kanako- once. I love #5 survey: the most glamorous one, with Mao, Yuna, Dai, Kanako, Ichiro (is he glamorous? oh... ) on the list.

Custom Title
    Thanks for sharing. They're so cute!! Are they brothers?
    No, they're friends from the same primary school.

It took me 5 month to finally like this costume.
    I still don't get the costume design, tbh. It's too feminine and just not a cup of my tea. I'm sincerely hoping that Johnny Weir comes up with something befitting of the young prince as it's pretty much confirmed he is designing the costume for his new FS (IFS April 2013 Issue - Weir Interview - On Track for a 2014 Olympic Comeback).

Custom Title
    No, they're friends from the same primary school.

I still don't get the costume design, tbh. It's too feminine and just not a cup of my tea. I'm sincerely hoping that Johnny Weir comes up with something befitting of the young prince as it's pretty much confirmed he is designing the costume for his new FS (IFS April 2013 Issue - Weir Interview - On Track for a 2014 Olympic Comeback).
    Yes! I hope Wilson and Weir nice costume planned for Yuzu. I'm very curious!

Page 101 of 710 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast