Page 105 of 685 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 155 205 605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 10264

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Rinkside
    Thank you so much zydeco88! I actually read through it all and imagined them in my head I just wish I could see them for real...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HelTra91 View Post
    They really do. Their comments after his FS proved that even more I think.

Simon: "Back on form! This shining light of Japanese figure skating. He's redeemed himself. It must have been awful for him in the SP making mistake after mistake and you can see that he's physically wrecked and dragged apart mentally as well I'm sure. But what a skater he is. He won't get a medal, unless they have disasters, no there's too much to do his SP wasn't good enough. But if we see 3 better programs that tonight we're in for a real treat."

Nicky: "It's amazing when you look at that we have 11 to go yeah?"

Simon: "Yes"

Nicky: "Incredible, that was just brilliant. Loved it! Two fantastic efforts on the quad there. And the release of energy there at the end of the season. And to come out with a performance like that, he skated fantastically at the NHK Trophy, couldn't hold it together at the 4CC but boy, when it matters he's come out here in the final stages of the WC and really put it together. The 4T there, a hint of a downgrade there I think on that one, and again on this one, oh no, that looked round."

Simon: "Put the hand down."

Nicky: "The hand down, the key is the rotation though, he'll go down on the grade of execution which won't hurt him too much, you don't want to be UR"

Simon: "AHAHAHAHA" *Brian's uhh, side-line choreography?*

Nicky: "BEAUTIFUL! Lovely lines there, I'm glad Hanyu didn't have that in the program. Stick to the technical stuff Brian, don't do the choreography."

Simon: "Ahh, I'm so please. Cause you know I'm a massive fan."

Nicky: "And I."

Nicky: "Just brilliant."

Simon: "Ha, yeah I know. Me too, he is an absolute genius. Well that really has thrown the cats amongst the pigeons. It's thrown down the gauntlet. And the other guys have got to perform now. It should be a sensational night of mens' figure skating."

Nicky: " That's like Simon on a Friday night" *Yuzu falls to the ice*

Simon: "Ahahaha, no Secrets. He is absolutely spent."

Nicky: "Yeah, well done. Score should be huge."

Simon: "His best is 177.12. The problem is of course, he is skating early on as far as the big guns are concerned. So the judges will hold something back, they have to. 169.05, that will take him way clear in the lead. 244, he's 28 marks ahead of anything else, and he should be moving up from 9th place, how far remains to be seen but he couldn't have done more, well done."

I was bored so I transcribed their entire little spiel afterwards. My favourite is still their quote after the SP "I think he has the potential to be the finest figure skater in history" ^^
    Thank you very much for your post! I always enjoy the commentary of these two guys with Japanese subtitle attached by kind fans, but I can't understand in hearing exact English words they choose to describe Yuzuru. This is very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    youtube deleted my account over a video of the 10th place FD at 2003 Worlds, Wing & Lowe, I think because it was a John Lennon medley. Then they warned my grandson when he was 11 for copyright violation for playing and singing John Lennon's So This is Christmas and loading it to youtube.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    New Yuzuru Hanyu Forum!

http://yuzuruhanyu.forumatic.com/

Thank you!!

And I thank you for opening this thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    New Yuzuru Hanyu Forum!

http://yuzuruhanyu.forumatic.com/

Thank you!

Custom Title
    In the recent Canon Interview, Javier talked about Yuzuru.
    (Translated the portion pertaining to Yuzuru only)

With Hanyu joining the team, he's become more self-conscious "I've got a strong desire to aim for the top."

- You've come out stronger this season than the last. What's the reason behind it?
    I think that starting my off-season training earlier this season than I've ever done before, has proven to be beneficial. Ever since Yuzuru came, it's become more fun to do hard training, even on the days I feel like going back home, I just can't let myself do so, seeing Yuzuru doing his best. There's also the increased amount of practice and as we both are training with the "I'm not gonna lose" kind of mindset, my concentration has also improved.

- Were you opposed to the idea of Hanyu joining as a teammate last year?
    I was glad upon hearing that he's coming to Toronto. He's a great athlete, an eager beaver. Being together with him is stimulating and I'm spurred on to do my best in training. There are other coaches besides Brian, everyone gives us proper attention, so I don't have any coaching issues. Just by skating on the same ice, I feel that there's a definite increase in our level of ability.

- Is there anything you have learnt from Hanyu?
    What I had been missing was the strong feeling that I could become a medal contender. This year, rather than being concerned with the technical aspect, with Yuzuru right in front of my eyes, I've been constantly and duly reminded of the fact that we're aiming for an Olympics medal. I've finally begun to think that 'you know, I'm in the top-ranked group, not in the group of skaters ranked 10th or something'. In that sense, Yuzuru is an important comrade who stimulates me and I think that the training environment of this team is amazing.

Interviewed in London, post-2013 World Figure Skating Championships

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    In the recent Canon Interview, Javier talked about Yuzuru.
    (Translated the portion pertaining to Yuzuru only)
    Yuzuvier for life. I love how well they get along and how they are both just genuinely great people ^^ Thanks for the translation!

Custom Title
    Sashida Fumiya talking about Yuzu @05:10 (the uploader doesn't want the YT link to be redistributed anywhere else, RT excepted, so I'll just leave the link to the original tweet here.)
    https://twitter.com/ciel_sorayuzu/st...92126191177728
    ETA: Yuzu's part only.

Summary:
    He said that they collaborated for the first time in Fukui (FaOI 2012). They got along very well ever since then and became friends to the extent that they regularly contact each other.
    He didn't expect Yuzu to perform 'Hana Ni Nare' at NHK Trophy Gala as he originally attended the event to root for Yuzu. Naturally, he was surprised upon hearing the intro to the song being played. Yuzu's performance touched him and consequently, he wept by himself in the spectator's seat.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HelTra91 View Post
    Yuzuvier for life. I love how well they get along and how they are both just genuinely great people^^
    ITA

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    thanks for sharing, beautiful and creative video! somehow reminds me of Harry Potter the movie too

Custom Title
    There's been rumours floating around that Yuzu has been included in the cast of Fantasy On Ice 2013 in Fukuoka. I can't provide the link as only members are granted access.

Medalist
    Based on what I saw, it could be said Yuzu WILL join FaOI Fukuoka 2013, now just a matter of when it will be announced officially.

So far, only DOI and The ICE are still on suspicious list in terms of Yuzu's Ice Show 2013 schedule, personally I prefer The ICE OSAKA 2013, 27th and 28th July in case of still more ice shows coming on the way.

BTW up to the present no information released of DOI 2013, when and where. the announcement should be out no later than the end of April or beginning of May if there's still gonna be DOI this year. So we'll see what's going on then.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    Based on what I saw, it could be said Yuzu WILL join FaOI Fukuoka 2013, now just a matter of when it will be announced officially.

So far, only DOI and The ICE are still on suspicious list in terms of Yuzu's Ice Show 2013 schedule, personally I prefer The ICE OSAKA 2013, 27th and 28th July in case of still more ice shows coming on the way.

BTW up to the present no information released of DOI 2013, when and where. the announcement should be out no later than the end of April or beginning of May if there's still gonna be DOI this year. So we'll see what's going on then.
    Thanks again for the informations. Me too I'd prefer to see Yuzuru skating at the ice rather than DOI. Mao's show is so much fun

On the Ice
    Agreed I just realized,after Sochi Team Japan is going to be minus Daisuke, Akiko, Miki, Mao, Nobu and most likely Kana..... The next WTT is going to be a disaster D: (But it's a pointless event so who really cares). The men should be fine with at least Yuzu and Taka (please tell me he is not retiring too) but as far as the women, are they going to rely on the juniors? D: Sochi is going to be so bitter sweet T_T

Tripping on the Podium
    Thinking about Post-Olympics make me depressed. I've never experienced my favourite's retirement yet since I follow skating. And this is the kind of things that make you go down to earth because skaters are human too and they aren't eternal.

Though I'm a little shocked to hear about Kanako wanting to retire. And I also keep reading that Yuzu also might retiring after Sochi. I hope it won't be the case. They are so young and it seems to me as if they just started to compete in the senior field. But I'm a little ashamed for wanting them to do as I want. Because they have the right to live a normal life too. So I should respect their decision. Gosh it's hard to admit it.

Who knows what's going to happen. Final decisions will be made after games are over after all.

Btw I look forward to see those litle japanese novice skaters competing in junior. I just saw them in the WTT gala. They look amazing.

Page 105 of 685 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 155 205 605 ... LastLast