Page 113 of 714 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 163 213 613 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 10698

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticice View Post
    Yuzu's GP assignments are SC and Paris. Yes, I get to see him live in Europe!
    I thought he will skate again in Japan and North America. But now I can really seriously consider a short trip to France

Custom Title
    Yuzu's GP assignments are SC and Paris. Yes, I get to see him live in Europe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poice View Post
    I thought he will skate again in Japan and North America. But now I can really seriously consider a short trip to France
    You guys should go!!

Custom Title
    Yuzu's GP assignments are SC and Paris.
    Thanks for the info. A bit of a surprise (to me), though, that Yuzu didn't get assigned to NHK Trophy as the reigning National Champ as well as the highest finished Japanese skater (4th) at the most recent Worlds...

Banned
    ^ $$$$$$$$$

Simple answer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    ^ $$$$$$$$$

Simple answer.
    Yes.

Custom Title
    ^;;; don't say that. this thread is for Yuzu and his fans.

As long as NHK is to have Mao, they should have no problem about ticket sales and $$$$, I think.
    I would rather see it this way: Yuzuru (and his coach) preferred Skate Canada first, for an obvious reason; he trains there. Then competing again at NHK, which is only 2 weeks away, was too close for him considering his health issue (fatigue), Team Orser figured, declined JSF's offer and chose TEB instead, maybe?
    It's unfortunate he has to face the reigning world champion twice on GP circuit. Almost no chance to beat Patrick on his home ice it seems, however, if he can beat Patrick at TEB, well, it will be a huge confidence boost for him, indeed! Good luck to Yuzuru!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    ^;;; don't say that. this thread is for Yuzu and his fans.
    It's okay for me at least Yuzuru will compete at NHK in future again. I hope all the Japanese skaters especially planning to retire will have skates of their lives!!

On the Ice
    Very few fans knows that yuzuru has turn down a lot of publicity opportunities since last year.Big show,I dreamed of him participating in such event since he was 15!But he turned it down
    It looks like our boy don't care much about fame and I respect him for that.I respect him more after he gave better opportunity to senior athlete and choose to face the most powerful rival this time.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsa G View Post
    I respect him more after he gave better opportunity to senior athlete and choose to face the most powerful rival this time.
    Yuzu's reaction to GPS assignment: This is the best opportunity ever, Patrick inspires me lot and competing with him helps me find out what's missing in me.

Tripping on the Podium
    TEB you'd better come fast!

Almost no chance to beat Patrick on his home ice it seems, however, if he can beat Patrick at TEB, well, it will be a huge confidence boost for him, indeed! Good luck to Yuzuru!
    But Javier did beat Patrick on home ice last season, so I want to believe that Yuzu also have a chance.
    Maybe he didn't get NHK because Daisuke will be there, I mean it probably will be his last season to compete, so maybe JSF avoided to send both to prevent last season's blood bath.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_Michelle View Post
    Yuzu's reaction to GPS assignment: This is the best opportunity ever, Patrick inspires me lot and competing with him helps me find out what's missing in me.

Banned
    Very few fans knows that yuzuru has turn down a lot of publicity opportunities since last year.Big show,I dreamed of him participating in such event since he was 15!But he turned it down
    It looks like our boy don't care much about fame and I respect him for that.I respect him more after he gave better opportunity to senior athlete and choose to face the most powerful rival this time.
    Lol. And you are like some special "very few fan" who knows what nobody else knows? What publicity opportunities exactly since last year he turned down? WTT? I thought he was injuried. With your "don't care much about fame" you make it sound that the injury was the excuse but in fact he tured the event down. Think what you type. What other events he turned down? Since last year he took part in all events that he was expected/supposed to compete, besides WTT. And yes, I agree with you that "facing the most powerful rival" as you put it, is never a matter of fame, considering what rival we are talking about .

declined JSF's offer and chose TEB instead, maybe?
    It's unfortunate he has to face the reigning world champion twice on GP circuit.
    I think JSF's offer was never on the table. It might be seen unfortunate for Yuzu to face PC twice, but a good promotion for PC. Everybody's happy! Skate Canada, Orser (who is SC as well afterall)...

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    But Javier did beat Patrick on home ice last season, so I want to believe that Yuzu also have a chance.
    I believe so, Yuzu also placed higher than Patrick at GPF, but actually I'd be happy if he gets silver, lol...as Patrick is a more mature skater in some aspects, if they both skated clean, Patrick will place higher for sure. Patrick did inspire Yuzu from the first time they competed together in 2010 COR ( from blue flame), so I look forward to Yuzu competing against Patrick at all events for the coming season, and wish they both bring out their best game at the most important one.

Banned
    but actually I'd be happy if he gets silver, lol...as Patrick is a more mature skater in some aspects
    Aaaaah...

Thanks for your honesty.

On the Ice
    It looks like our boy don't care much about fame and I respect him for that.
    Yes, I applaud for Yuzu for turning down THE bigest show last season or should I say last year, as I only know one, but I can imagine he did so to others, Yuzu is an athlete, he probably feels a bit shy showing up with some of famous entertainers, plus he always likes to keep a low profile.

Banned
    Yes, I applaud for Yuzu for turning down THE bigest show last season or should I say last year, as I only know one, but I can imagine he did so to others, Yuzu is an athlete, he probably feels a bit shy showing up with some of famous entertainers, plus he always likes to keep a low profile.
    Rumours are not allowed on this board the last time I checked. Why are you two keeping doing that? Last season Yuzu took part in all big shows over Japan, PIW, THE ICE, DOI, FaOI. The only show where he didn't show up was in Nagaoka in August, which is not the biggest one btw. And it was due to injury as media reported, not because he "turned it down". Don't slander the skater if you can't provide any evidence of his "true" intentions, even if you wish him silver and gold for PChan, as you said.

Page 113 of 714 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 163 213 613 ... LastLast