Page 117 of 813 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 167 217 617 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 12185

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Paola D View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

I agree on the camerawork. It is dissapointing the hydroblading was so remote on TV. It was one of the most beautiful movements in the program.
    I saw this program in the last show and felt his elements became more polished than before. Every movement was smooth, soft and delicate, and everything, even jumps had flow. It was beautiful. I was almost in tears. He got a whole SO. The program shows another Yuzuru. It's hard to believe this is the same skater who did the "Romeo and Juliet" almost one year ago!
    Many thanks for your report, you were so lucky to be there!!

I like Yuzu's True Love interpretation so much for the same reason you perfectly expressed, the choreo reminds me a lot of my preferred SP , the lyrical and magic Scriabin SP, because of the very intricate steps, fast twizzles and beautiful deep edges...the spin and the amazing distance the 3A covered are to die for! it's so Yuzu's style!

and Yes!! Yuzu is always YUZU!

Custom Title
    Thank you ×100, Paola D!! I enjoyed reading your report so much

I totally agree on your explanation of the song and costume. Watching his skating (on TV), I remembered the days when I was young. "True Love" is a song with flat melody and very simple lyrics, but I think Yuzuru expresses it well with his pure youth.

I am so happy to hear that Yuzuru seemed to have good time with Lambiel Too bad TV didn't air the whole episode

Tripping on the Podium
    Thank you so so much Paola D! Reading your report made me believe I was there. Sigh...I wish they would have shown the quad battle... And Stephane is so nice to support Yuzu.
    I agree with you it's amazing to do such difficult jumps after only one month. But that's why he is so admirable, his determination is truly inspiring!

Custom Title
    Thanks a lot for your first-hand report on the last show, Paola D! I see he still retains that rather childish quirk of jumping up and down whenever he feels excited. As bubbly as always, but this bubbly, adorable and affable personality is probably what made all the uncles/aunties dote on him (Jeffrey, Johnny, Jeremy, etc). Based on what I've read from Japanese tweets, he also elatedly jumped like that upon seeing Stephane land a quad during June 2 afternoon show finale, after which he welcomed Stephane back with a high-five and they went around the rink, talking to each other. To think that Stephane was one of the people from whom he sought advice for 4T, it's just heartwarming to know that they're on a friendly relationship. Hope to hear of this kind of brotherly interaction during FaOI (Johnny and Javi will also be there, so excited).
    I've never disliked "True Love" as a program from the get-go, despite not really liking the song. Choreography was nothing superlative or not particularly mind-blowing as it's something we've seen before from Yuzu; as giulia95 said, it's a style reminiscent of his 2011-2012 Scriabin SP. But his movements were very well-timed to the music and as I watched him move with fluidity across the ice and with gentle expression on his face, while absorbing the lyrics of the song, I could sense the amount of passion he's dedicated to this performance. That alone was enough to make me press the repeat button time after time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paola D View Post
    By the way, there was a sweet message from Stephane to Yuzu before the show.
    " I want him to shake off the fatigue from last season by joining AOI. I hope he will regain his energy to fight for the next season from this show just like I did."
    Isn't this the message printed on the show's official pamphlet?

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjcEkhqV2Oo

thank you so much, HelTra91!!

Happy to know Yuzu got a whole SO!!!

On the Ice
    Thanks a lot Paola D for such a detailed repo! I feel exactly the same about the collaboration number and the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommmy View Post
    Thank you Tommy as well for the lovely gif, I re-watched this part a lot, lol...and the 3A afterwards was even more amazing, especially the ice coverage of the jump, it's a shame that the camera was a bit far away.

not sure if this has been posted already, but Yuzu appears on a new e-zine cover:
    http://www.photojapan.jp/kisscry/

Banned

Custom Title
    These photos looks like they were taken in April at the JSF award ceremony (same hairstyle, same clothes etc.). Akiko still has long hair in her photo. Unless there was another event recently?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    These photos looks like they were taken in April at the JSF award ceremony (same hairstyle, same clothes etc.). Akiko still has long hair in her photo. Unless there was another event recently?
    No, if you scroll down the auction page, you'll see 出品物情報 or the item description. It says there that they had him sign the hand towel at the 2013 Four Continents FS Championships. So, we still do not know whether he's currently in Japan or Canada.
    The autographs on the other charity goods (Mao's, Akiko's, Dai's and Mura's) were taken during WTT.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    No, if you scroll down the auction page, you'll see 出品物情報 or the item description. It says there that they had him sign the hand towel during 2013 Four Continents FS Championships. So, we still do not know whether he's currently in Japan or Canada.
    The autographs on the other charity goods (Mao's, Akiko's, Dai's and Mura's) were taken during WTT.
    Thank you for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed

Banned
    That's an interesting link. I saw the pics-links only. Good way to know who is more popular. The auction among girls has finished already, it took place a week earlier. No surprises there- Mao leads.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    That's an interesting link. I saw the pics-links only. Good way to know who is more popular. The auction among girls has finished already, it took place a week earlier. No surprises there- Mao leads.
    The latest bid on Dai's hand towel is staggering. It currently stands at 81,000 yen (with greater average bid increment) and even managed to eclipse the final bid on Mao's hand towel. The bidders still have 5 days left and with the way things have panned out so far, it could break into the 100,000 territory. I'm pretty sure Mao's more popular and widely-known, since she's always been the one who can garner the highest instantaneous viewership ratings for any broadcasts of fs competitions, but Dai's probably got more ardent fans.
    On the other hand, Yuzu's hand towel currently stands at 60,555 yen which is definitely not too shabby.

Banned
    The latest bid on Dai's hand towel is staggering. It currently stands at 81,000 yen (with greater average bid increment) and even managed to eclipse the final bid on Mao's hand towel. The bidders still have 5 days left and with the way things have panned out so far, it could break into the 100,000 territory. I'm pretty sure Mao's more popular and widely-known, since she's always been the one who can garner the highest instantaneous viewership ratings for any broadcasts of fs competitions, but Dai's probably got more ardent fans.
    Viewership is free of charge. You don't pay anything for sitting in the sofa with popcorn. Collecting millions for the rink requires slightly bigger stuff. But I meant not Dai/Mao thing by bringing the auction as the test of popularity. I was rather surprised that Kanako beat Suzuki in it. Unless there were some changes that I missed.

Medalist
    Thank you everyone for responses. I am so delighted.

Thanks a lot for your first-hand report on the last show, Paola D! I see he still retains that rather childish quirk of jumping up and down whenever he feels excited. As bubbly as always, but this bubbly, adorable and affable personality is probably what made all the uncles/aunties dote on him (Jeffrey, Johnny, Jeremy, etc). Based on what I've read from Japanese tweets, he also elatedly jumped like that upon seeing Stephane land a quad during June 2 afternoon show finale, after which he welcomed Stephane back with a high-five and they went around the rink, talking to each other. To think that Stephane was one of the people from whom he sought advice for 4T, it's just heartwarming to know that they're on a friendly relationship.
    And Fujii's paternal warmness towards Yuzu. His overjoyed reaction when Yuzu landed 3A-3A during the finale!
    Glad to know Yuzu and Stephane are on a friendly relationship. I was blown away and mesmerized by Stephane in AOI. Yuzu watches other skaters and gets inspiration from them. I hope he learns a lot from Stephane.

Isn't this the message printed on the show's official pamphlet?
    Yes, it is. I'm not much of a translator, and forgive me for my bad English.

Medalist
    Sorry if it's posted already. Is it a job as Symbol Athlete? Yuzu will be on a morning radio show of JOC "MY OLYMPIC" from June 17 to 28. Navigator is Shizuka Arakawa.

http://www.joc.or.jp/column/myolympic/

His another job as SA is to attend "Olympic Concert 2013" held by JOC (June 23).

http://www.joc.or.jp/news/detail.html?id=3840

Page 117 of 813 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 167 217 617 ... LastLast