Page 121 of 581 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 8703

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Medalist
    Brief repo of Today's concert based on http://togetter.com/li/523178, thx to all the contributors.

Yuzu said he has been training in Canada and went back to Japan for the shows. He will go back to Canada for training when all the shows finish.
    There were some photos of young Yuzu showed up during the concert, specially one was Yuzu wore blue traditional costume during school ceremony, named Happi while he was a Junior High student. For the record, the costume Yuzu wore,http://uchikoshi.sakura.ne.jp/catalog/img/kodomo_02.jpg

As always most of repo was explaining Yuzu's perfect manner and lovely character and Yuzu said his determination towards Sochi during the concert, gaining for the Gold has been his dream since he was a little kid. And he will keep fighting as a figure skater for those people whom has been supporting him in return.

Full concert will be broadcasted by NHK TV NETWORK on 30th June 4:30pm-5:30pm, Tokyo time.

updated: short news clip of the concert, thx to the uploader, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na099...ature=youtu.be

Rinkside
    I just love this skater so much.He has it all he really does,so refreshing.Not sure why he swapped coaches ,thought he looked much happier with the Japanese coach she seems to have a better understanding and more sensitive approach to teaching him. I also think when he was with her he won was better placed too.

Custom Title
    Interesting clip, thanks to the uploader!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb4Ek_yV6mA

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    Brief repo of Today's concert based on http://togetter.com/li/523178, thx to all the contributors.
    Thanks to the PBP of the concert. It makes me feel I had been there.

Today's "My Olympic" interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poStA...ature=youtu.be

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Interesting clip, thanks to the uploader!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb4Ek_yV6mA
    Wow Yuzu 1st and Mura 3rd! Patrick 6th... The system really needs a change

Custom Title
    24/06

Shizuka: And now the grand target (Olympics) is finally coming your way, right before your eyes
    Yuzu: Yes
    Shizuka: If you were to set the free skate at the Olympics as your goal, what kind of feeling would you like to embrace upon arriving at that goal?
    Yuzu: I'd hate it if I ended up full of regrets. By that, I'm not talking about regrets in relation to my performances at the competition, but over things like the training process and lifestyle leading up to the competition. In that regard, I'd be more than happy if I came out with no regrets over those things.
    Shizuka: You're one level-headed character.
    Yuzu: No way.
    Shizuka: I, myself, was only able to think like that in the preceding season before I wrapped up my final career as an athlete. So, it's remarkable that despite still being in the teenage years, you're able to treat the process leading up to your goal as important without laying aside your feelings, precisely because you have a solid goal in your mind. There are not many teens who can say that.
    Yuzu: No, no, no.
    Shizuka: Could this probably the key to, or rather the secret to your rapid advancement to the top?
    Yuzu: No, no, in no way. Well, while it's true that practice factors into (your performance at a) competition, it's only natural that things like your lifestyle and studies will come troubling you during competition.
    Shizuka: Yes
    Yuzu: Precisely because of that, I want to keep my feet on the ground with regards to these things, treasuring them while proceeding onwards step by step.
    Shizuka: You're solid, and considerably so.
    Yuzu: *laughs*
    Shizuka: Well, it's really rare to find young athletes who can detach their minds from figure skating and from there, think of ways to serve their purpose. Precisely because they are still young, well, they have to go through lots of experience and are inclined to make hasty decisions. That's usually the prevailing tendency.
    Yuzu: Well, I think those are just the things that I pick up from watching my seniors' performances.
    Shizuka: Really?
    Yuzu: *laughs*
    Shizuka: Level-headed *laughs*

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    24/06

Yuzu: I'd hate it if I ended up full of regrets. By that, I'm not talking about regrets in relation to my performances at the competition, but over things like the training process and lifestyle leading up to the competition.
    Level-headed boy indeed !!

many thanks for the translation!!

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbCALAnZ52c

25/6

Shizuka: Hanyu, what kind of skating style are you thinking of pursuing?
    Yuzu: Yes, um, well, since my jumps are currently quite stable, it probably can be said that they are my selling point but.. the ultimate style I'd like to attain is one in which jumps can also be used as a vehicle of expression, as an integral part of the program, part of the story. Until I arrive at that point, well, I want to keep analyzing the program.
    Shizuka: things like expressivity and skating
    Shizuka: that's what you're talking about, right?
    Yuzu: Yes, with regards to elements like spin, I've for the most part, had it assimilated in my mind to perform things like hand variation and speed of rotation in time to the music. On the other hand, I feel that certain parts of my jumps such as the approach are still a bit off-the-mark. As much as possible, I want to fix those things in hopes of turning them into a medium for expression.
    Shizuka: Last season, you managed to bring your short program to completion and continued to break world records.
    Yuzu: Thank you.
    Shizuka: Did you anticipate that before the start of the season?
    Yuzu: I didn't imagine it would turn out that way. I've always had the impression that short program is my weak link, even until now. It's such a rare case that I was able to bring off the quad and didn't make a single mistake. So honestly, I was surprised.
    Shizuka: I presume it gave you a boost of confidence?
    Yuzu: Yes, to think that I was able to deliver such a satisfying performance at my first (GPF) competition. So, I'd like to remember it as the beginning that imparts changes in my future career as a figure skater. Going forward I want to steadily deliver both solid short and free skate.

Medalist
    Today's My Olympic got my ear for only one point, Yuzu plans to put 3 quads in free program. And this is the reason why he didn't give up on 4s even the stability of 4s is quite low last season. Yuzu said it's a 'preparation'. He will work step by step but still he would like to challenge himself since Sochi is coming on its way. Overall consistency and wonderful performance is the key he's chasing for.

I believe the whole translated handout will be out very soon, always admire ur hard work,zydeco88.

So anyone could be recalled Orser's interview in March? Well I'm just always amazed by Yuzu's determination and strong action.

Despite Hanyu's injury woes, the skater, who is defending a world bronze medal here, did not consider reducing his program content.

"He is doing two different quads in his free skate, and we did discuss the idea of doing two quad toes instead of one of each," Orser said. "Yuzu said no, because next year he would have to do a quad Sal and two toes. He doesn't want to take a step back, and I agree with that."

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Custom Title
    Today's My Olympic got my ear for only one point, Yuzu plans to put 3 quads in free program. And this is the reason why he didn't give up on 4s even the stability of 4s is quite low last season. Yuzu said it's a 'preparation'. He will work step by step but still he would like to challenge himself since Sochi is coming on its way. Overall consistency and wonderful performance is the key he's chasing for.

I believe the whole translated handout will be out very soon, always admire ur hard work,zydeco88.

So anyone could be recalled Orser's interview in March? Well I'm just always amazed by Yuzu's determination and strong action.
    Yuzu's determination really impresses me! Always support him

Medalist
    Yuzu's comments after "Olympic Concert 2013". Thanks to JOC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEy3S...ature=youtu.be

Very, very rough traslation.
    He was so moved and inspired by the concert. His motivation for Sochi Olympics became stronger after it. Competition among Japanese men is really severe and his spot on the Olympic team is not in sight or assured yet, so he will work harder and make more efforts for it from now.

Tripping on the Podium

Thanak you wxunxx! I wonder what would his score be with 2 quads in the SP.

Despite Hanyu's injury woes, the skater, who is defending a world bronze medal here, did not consider reducing his program content.

"He is doing two different quads in his free skate, and we did discuss the idea of doing two quad toes instead of one of each," Orser said. "Yuzu said no, because next year he would have to do a quad Sal and two toes. He doesn't want to take a step back, and I agree with that."

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    But 1 quad Sal and 2 toes in the Free program or overall (SP and FP)? Does it mean he wants to have 3 quads in the free this season??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    Does it mean he wants to have 3 quads in the free this season??
    it seems so...

does it mean one quad out of three has to be a combo? is it correct?

Custom Title
    26/06

Shizuka: Watching your competitions last season,
    Shizuka: instead of competing with two quad toes in the free, you incorporated two types of quads, a toe loop and a salchow. As I see it, last season could probably be the preparatory stage for you to include three quads. What do you think?
    Yuzu: Well, for the time being (it's still tentative), I'm planning to do three quads. The degree of consistency I've had with quad sal is still low and falls short of the quad toe, but then for the sake of the upcoming Olympic season, I strongly felt that I have to gradually move forward even though its level was below acceptable last year.
    Shizuka: Well, you were in a competitive situation where it wouldn't be a stretch to think that you could've switched over to two quad toes considering their degree of consistency and accuracy, especially if you competed with victory in mind. But you made a bold move to constantly challenge quad sal, not even once did you ever remove it from the program, so it got me into thinking that you've already looked ahead into the future and worked out the plan to include three quads.
    Yuzu: Well, last year wasn't really a matter of victory or defeat. I also, by all means, wanted to properly give some thoughts to this quadrennial Olympic Games and prepare for it accordingly. So, I decided to include quad salchow last year.
    Shizuka: It makes me think that you could probably work wonders with your short program as well. Given your current ability, I think there will come a time where you'll manage to include both quad toe and quad sal in your short program someday.
    Yuzu: I'd like to do it someday
    Shizuka: Someday, huh?
    Yuzu: Yes, someday, as this season is ...
    Shizuka: important.
    Yuzu: Yes, it's only natural that I have to strive for stability. I feel that I should first give my due focus and priority to deliver perfect performances.

It's still not 100% confirmed that he's gonna include 3 quads in the free. But he plans to do so.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    it seems so...

does it mean one quad out of three has to be a combo? is it correct?
    Yes it is. But it if he does 4T3T he can't do a 3A3T I think. And that's my favourite combo... So I hope it'll be more something like 4T2T.

Page 121 of 581 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 171 221 ... LastLast