Page 122 of 313 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 4690

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao
    Yes it is. But it if he does 4T3T he can't do a 3A3T I think. And that's my favourite combo... So I hope it'll be more something like 4T2T.
    The -3T combo gets more points when it's in the second half, and since milking points out of this system is Wilsons biggest talent, I think he might keep the 3A-3T. And he should, if I'm not mistaken, none of the other men are doing that combo in the second half, hardly anyone is doing it at all.

But Yuzuru with two quads in the SP might break 100 I thought it might be better for him than doing 3 quads in the FS, because of his stamina, but of course, making mistakes in the SP counts even more and he might get buried in the standings. For now, 2 quads in the LP should be enough for him to content for gold, but he's a quad maniac, so it's not suprising he wants to go for it

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    The -3T combo gets more points when it's in the second half, and since milking points out of this system is Wilsons biggest talent, I think he might keep the 3A-3T. And he should, if I'm not mistaken, none of the other men are doing that combo in the second half, hardly anyone is doing it at all.

But Yuzuru with two quads in the SP might break 100 I thought it might be better for him than doing 3 quads in the FS, because of his stamina, but of course, making mistakes in the SP counts even more and he might get buried in the standings. For now, 2 quads in the LP should be enough for him to content for gold, but he's a quad maniac, so it's not suprising he wants to go for it
    He's a quad maniac and even more now that he's training with Javi. He just won't stand to have "only" 2 quads in FP any longer as long as his teammate is doing 3.
    Oh but I'm not ready, I'm really not ready to see him doing 2 quads in the short! Men's field is getting crazier!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post

But Yuzuru with two quads in the SP might break 100 I thought it might be better for him than doing 3 quads in the FS, because of his stamina, but of course, making mistakes in the SP counts even more and he might get buried in the standings. For now, 2 quads in the LP should be enough for him to content for gold, but he's a quad maniac, so it's not suprising he wants to go for it.
    Quad manic? LOL so match with Yuzu.

I would say it should be the idealize plan for Yuzu now if he skates short with one quad and free with two quads based on his current conditions of still recovering from injury, innconsistency on 4s and most of all his stamina. Moreover ISU changed the rule, failed landing jumps got -3 now, which largely requires all skaters should be focused on the consistency of jumps, particularly those big ones. But it's Yuzuru Hanyu, You-Know-Who we are talking about now, so he would have felt stifled if he's not proceeding with those crazy plans lol. The good thing is he just said he PLANS challenging himself a free with three quads not he will absolutely stick to three quads plan in coming season. Yuzu is Mr. Quad Manic for sure, but he highlighted, consistency and ability of delivering wonderful performance comes first. So I believe he would change his mind if three quads plan couldn't work very well.

It will absolutely break 100p as if Yuzu could skate a short with two quads clean. Actually based on his sparkle and fearless history of challenging himself, I would even go further, successfully landing at least one quad in second half in short program is one of his final destinations, for free program, maybe two quads in second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    He's a quad maniac and even more now that he's training with Javi. He just won't stand to have "only" 2 quads in FP any longer as long as his teammate is doing 3.
    Oh but I'm not ready, I'm really not ready to see him doing 2 quads in the short! Men's field is getting crazier!
    Yuzu will not doing two quads in short this season which has been confirmed since he said in 6/26 My Olympic he would like to try a short with two quads someday. Three quads in free is what he would like to TRY this season but it's also not like he will absolutely skate his free with three quad whatever he goes. Well if everything goes superior, maybe we could see both this season lol.

But Yuzu did imply in 6/26 My Olympic, three quads in free and two quads in short is what he's trying to success in future. It's just sooooooooo Yuzuru Hanyu lol.

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RdF9PAL_xM

27/06

Shizuka: Hanyu, what kind of skating style do you think represents the ideal,.. the ultimate embodiment of figure skating?
    Yuzu: Hmm.... ultimately, I'd like to be fully aware of the program I'm skating and think of it as a series of interconnected parts. You know, there are a lot of athletes who particularly excel in a certain element like jumps, spins or skating skills but are concerned about such imbalance, and those who I think would be much better if they improved on other aspects. And watching Worlds, there are also lower-ranked skaters with latent potential, aren't there? So, exactly for this reason, I think it'd be ideal if I'm able to solidify the other aspects as well, though jumps are currently my only strong point.
    Shizuka: You were saying that the jumps are your only strong point, but I'm personally drawn to your spins the most.
    Yuzu: *laughs in embarrassment* Spins, huh?
    Shizuka: They have fast rotations and beautiful forms. There were not many young athletes who attempted to add in expressive movements within their spins. Ever since you're little, I've always thought that you're really good at spins. It's rare to find a male athlete who could spin with such fast rotations.
    Yuzu: Thank you. It was around the time when I was a fifth-grader, I think that I lost my (home) rink and had to commute to another one. Stephane Lambiel came to that rink once, or maybe more than that, to attend an ice show in Sendai. He gave me some guidance on spins, spun together with me, we did things like that. To be honest, I love spins as well and I think it's probably the best way to showcase my flexibility.

Rinkside
    zydeco88, thank you so much for translating these radio interviews. They have been a delight to read.

I agree with Shizuka about the spins. I noticed Yuzu’s fabulous spins right away because they are fast and not as forced-looking as spins done by most men. It is amazing to hear that Yuzu got to practice with Stephane Lambiel. In general, I am not a huge fan of men going the Biellman spin, but it does show his flexibility.

Custom Title
    ^You're welcome. And here's the last one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPGu1ldGAxk

28/06

Shizuka: How is your physical condition now?
    Yuzu: Well, it's all right, probably. *laughs*
    Shizuka: You've been doing very well despite undergoing a growth phase but conversely, it must've put a huge amount of burden on you. Your injuries must've caused a lot of concerns as well.
    Yuzu: Indeed. Taking care of your body is paramount, as some say, it is your greatest asset, so I've been thinking a lot on how to avoid getting held back by things like cold or injuries.
    Shizuka: Do you have anything that lets you unwind in between your training?
    Yuzu: Yes.
    Shizuka: I wonder what that is.
    Yuzu: Chocolates, I eat them quite a lot.
    Shizuka: You eat sweet things?
    Yuzu: I'm quite fond of them. Well, basically I'm a light eater.
    Shizuka: On the whole?
    Yuzu: Yes, breakfast, lunch and dinner, I can't eat too much food during those three meals. That's why, I [constantly*] eat chocolates *laughs*
    [lost in translation: he made a pun using the words 'chokochoko' which means 'frequently/constantly' in English and 'choko', a loanword which means 'chocolates'.]
    Shizuka: constantly, huh? *laughs* You're good (at puns)
    Yuzu: *laughs* Yes, I've been gobbling them. And for such activities as studying, glucose is sometimes quite essential for your brain, isn't it?
    Shizuka: Yes
    Yuzu: So, during those times, I consciously eat them.
    Shizuka: After all, you've just turned into a freshman.
    Yuzu: Yes, and it's been quite tough, studying, that is.
    Shizuka: Lastly, could you please say a message or two to the listeners of this 'My Olympic' radio show?
    Yuzu: Yes. This coming season will be my first Olympic season, and it's totally nerve-wracking. *laughs* Last season, I ended up getting held back by various injuries, like the one in the knee, so going forward I'd like to avoid them. Precisely because of that, I'd like to keep my feet on the ground with regards to my training and work real hard to be able to deliver wonderful performances in front of everyone.
    Shizuka: Yes, and cheer a lot of people up with your performance,
    Yuzu: Yes. *Laughs*
    Shizuka: I'm counting on you.
    Yuzu: Yes.
    Shizuka: Please do your best.
    Yuzu: Thank you.
    Shizuka: Thank you.

Custom Title
    From Asahi tweets:

https://twitter.com/asahi_sports/sta...05171769880578
    Today, Hanyu performed last season's SP "Parisienne Walkways". It seems that his team is hesitating over whether they should keep this SP for the Sochi Olympic season. Hanyu said that he, himself, wants to have a new program.
    https://twitter.com/asahi_sports/sta...07707176321025
    Indeed, Hanyu was able to set historical world records with this program and if it's done right, it will be unlikely for him to turn in substantially lower scores than last year. Strategically, keeping the short could be considered as one approach. It could also lessen concerns about injuries. However, we'd like to see him come out with a new program. It's alright to challenge yourself while you are still young.
    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports...0000010-spnavi (Translated the important parts only)
    When asked about his thoughts on the Olympic season, he enthusiastically replied, "It's the stage of my dream. I want to take part in it."
    "With regards to my programs, the short is yet to be decided, and the free skate is still not at the stage where it's presentable enough, but its form has been finalized."

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=zydeco88;748460]From Asahi tweets:

https://twitter.com/asahi_sports/sta...a new program.

Go Yuzu!!! Convince your hesitating team to give you a new SP !!! I've got my ears broken by the electric guitar!!

Medalist
    Great news for Yuzuru! All Nippon Airways is his sponser!
    He will receive supports from them when he flies and they will ensure him domestic practice rinks.

http://daily.co.jp/newsflash/general...06121797.shtml
    https://www.facebook.com/ana.japan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Paola D View Post
    Great news for Yuzuru! All Nippon Airways is his sponser!
    He will receive supports from them when he flies and they will ensure him domestic practice rinks.

https://www.facebook.com/ana.japan
    Happy for the kid and for his family! He will stop training at 2.00 am in Sendai, which is totally insane!

Custom Title

Medalist
    To be precise, it is an affiliation contract. He belongs to ANA now.

Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Happy for the kid and for his family! He will stop training at 2.00 am in Sendai, which is totally insane!
    Right. Flight fares were a huge burden on his family's finance. It is good they are relieved from it now.
    ANA says they are going to consider various supports for him and making a live-size 3D figure of him may be one of the possibilities. Really? Will we get to see it at airports?

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00022.htm

This article says ANA is going to support not only his transportation, but also coaching fees, choreography fees, costumes and rental charge of rinks, basically all his activities. If it's true, SPLENDID!

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...2-1150976.html

The offer was made by ANA this March.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000071-mai-spo

Nishimura, executive managing director who attended the press conference with Yuzuru said they had been in a love-each-other relationship and they yielded to that simle of Yuzu.

ANA is planning on his activities as " face of ANA"

http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2013/...06123097.shtml

Here's his symbol mark.

https://twitter.com/ANA_travel_info/...68293722132480

Their catch copy for him is "Wings to Hanyu".

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000071-mai-spo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Yuzuru Hanyu
    Affiliation Contract with ANA, Press Conference
    Roughly 2:30 P.M., Yokohama City

00:02 - Yuzuru Hanyu, a promising 18-year-old figure skater at the Sochi Olympics next year, attended the press conference for his corporate affiliation contract.
    00:11 - As a young reigning champion at the last All-Japan Championships, he spoke of his resolve in light of his first participation in an Olympic Games.
    00:19 - Heading towards the Olympics, I haven't got the slightest idea on what I should do to get there, but I'd like to sincerely embrace the supports from various people and work hard towards the Olympics in order to be able to leave good results.
    00:35 - Last week (Friday, Shin Yokohama Skate Center), our ('Every') staff paid a visit to Yuzuru Hanyu who participated in an ice show.
    00:45 -
    Yamamoto: What kind of performance are you gonna show us?
    Hanyu: Well, today I'm doing last season's short program and I'm gonna put all my heart into it.
    00:56 - Miki Ando, who plans to make a comeback to competition this coming season and other top Japanese athletes, gather here at Dream On Ice
    01:11 - Hanyu made the last appearance.
    The program he skated was last season's short which at the time was able to turn in new world records.
    He lands quads, a huge element so effortlessly.
    Taking advantage of this prominent technical strength, he made his ascent to the second place of the current World Standings.

01:40 - Sochi Olympics is quickly approaching in seven months
    As an 18-year-old medal favorite, we asked him about his thoughts
    01:50 - Heading towards the Olympics, are there any aspects that you think, need to be reinforced, that you need to step up?
    01:55 - This coming season, I'd really like to work towards delivering fully-realized performances. I'd like to master the programs without letting all the things I've challenged, go down the drain.
    02:07 - One of the things that Hanyu wishes to accomplish is a challenge that he started last year.
    02:15 - That challenge is to prevail over a new type of quads, quad salchow.
    02:22 - This quad salchow combined with the quad toe loop that he has already mastered, constituted the two types of quads that were incorporated into his (free) program.
    02:33 - It's an extremely difficult scheme that is challenged only by a few people in the world.
    02:40 - Last season, Hanyu challenged two types of quads in all competitions.
    02: 47 - However, out of seven competitions, he was only able to succeed once.
    02: 53 - Despite all that, he had his own reason to keep challenging himself.
    02:57 - I thought that I had to challenge myself no matter what for the sake of the Olympic season.
    03:05 - Last season, six Japanese men medalled at all major international competitions. However, the number of tickets to the Sochi Olympics is limited to merely three. A do-or-die battle for the seat on the team has long since begun.
    03:19 - I didn't want to give up two types of quads no matter what.
    I think it'd be difficult to take part in the Olympics if I don't deliver performances that are ultimately perfect.
    03:33 - Pursuing further growth, Hanyu moved his training base to Canada last year.
    03:40 - How did you feel about moving to Canada?
    03:43 - Having moved to Canada... well, English is difficult. *laughs* That was my first impression.
    03:50 - This is a footage from January last year. At the time, Hanyu was in the sophomore year of high school.
    04:01 - I really don't get it. I'm screwed. Hmm..... I don't really like English.
    04:17 - A high-achieving student, Hanyu considered English his weak point.
    04:25 - However, as he's currently being instructed by a Canadian coach, he naturally has to converse in English.
    04:37 - Amidst his struggles with communication in English, a certain realization dawned on him.
    04:44 - As I was filled with impatience of not being able to speak English, I felt that thoughts I hide within myself are also important. As long as my core is still intact (he's talking about being strong-willed and unwavering here), it's fine in itself.
    04:58 - You were talking about your "core", would you mind revealing it us? What is it about?
    05:02 - Well, one thing within myself that definitely won't falter is the desire for self-improvement. I'd like to keep holding onto it.
    05:14 - The desire to improve that leads him to the Sochi Olympics.
    05:19 - We asked him about his thoughts as he sets his sights on the Olympics for the first time.
    05:24 - Here you go. (Written: "To keep an eye on myself! Yuzuru Hanyu")
    I'd like to keep an eye on myself. I want to have a complete grasp of where, at what kind of place I am right now and find what I'm supposed to do.I'd like to treasure each and every aspect of my daily training and daily life while climbing upwards step-by-step.
    By the way, I don't know what awaits me at the end of the steps. It could either be the highest or the lowest end.
    I'd like to move forward step-by-step while aiming for the top.

Custom Title
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...006131680.html

Hanyu, affiliation contract with ANA, overwhelmingly strong support towards Sochi Olympic Medal

Yuzuru Hanyu, 18, male figure skater entered into an affiliation contract with All Nippon Airways (ANA) on July 1 and a press conference was held in Yokohama City.
    Hanyu whose training base is in Toronto, Canada, will receive full support for competition-related expenses in addition to the provision of airline tickets.
    Bound to a sizable contract which value includes a signing bonus and is estimated at 30 million a year, Hanyu eagerly spoke of his thoughts, "The road to Sochi Olympics is long and steep, but I'd like to embrace this support and work my hardest to pay my dues good and proper."

http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/sports...sports/158346/

Sponsor astonished by an Honors Student, Hanyu's comment

Yuzuru Hanyu (18), 2012 Worlds Figure Skating Championships' Bronze Medalist, was present at the Press Conference held on July 1 in light of his Affiliation Contract with All Nippon Airways (ANA). Hanyu spoke of his aspiration, "I'm extremely happy. The road to Sochi Olympics is long and steep, but I'd like to keep myself firmly on the ground and work my hardest in order to live up to the support."

The length of the contract is one year. The contract value, including a signing bonus, is undisclosed, however, he will receive support with regards to transport to his training base in Canada among others.
    "My name contains the character 羽 (feathers) while figure skating 'jumps' represents 跳ぶ (to jump), which are in line with ANA's 翼 (wings)," declared Hanyu, drawing an exquisite analogy.
    "Splendid. For the record, this was not pre-arranged," Ken Nishimura, ANA Executive Vice President voiced out his admiration for such a comment befitting of an Honors Student.

It's seven months away until Sochi Olympics. "I'm still not at the stage where I'm able to talk about my programs and costumes," said Hanyu, maintaining a discreet stance, nevertheless embracing the support reassuringly to aim for the big stage.

Medalist
    Thank you zydeco88 for all the hard work.

ANA NEWS
    http://www.ana-pr.jp/2013/07/0704/

They seem to be really fond of him. I feel there’s something more than a business relationship. I feel their love for him. Happy to read, "We will support him with all our power."

Page 122 of 313 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 172 222 ... LastLast