Page 128 of 927 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 178 228 628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 13903

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #1906
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by airin View Post
    I know there are some fans who have negative opinions to his coaching team. And I myself sometimes felt frustrated about his programs personally. But I think we should not conjecture something negative without clear evidence. I think he surely has respect and thankfulness to his coaches if sometimes he doesn’t have consentaneous opinions with them. I think at least he does not hope his fans to think himself as a poor kid who is forced to perform these programs by his own coaches. Let’s stay positive with respect for Yuzuru

  2. #1907
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    It's very nice at least for fans to know that Orser's students, these two young, fabulous, very talented skaters do get along very well, respect each other while pushing each other; a good sportmanship which we often see from our Japanese skaters: once the competition gets started, all of them on fire and try to do their absolute best in order to beat others, but when it's over they get relaxed and smile, congratulate the winner or comfort others who did not do well, and at the end of the day they make jokes with one another. Isn't it, giulia?
    Absolutely , Deedee! They’re so spontaneously friendly and supportive each other, they’re rare treasures!

  3. #1908
    Yuzu Tracker msteach3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW USA
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    No doubt Yuzu will fire the audience if R&J has just a decent choreo . Rota’s music is powerful and intense and he will skate to it emotionally with total abandon . And tears will run again...

    But this is not the real point. The point is that Romeo is a charachter whose features are always the same. You may change the addendums order , but the final result doesn’t change... youth – love -fight - death... .

    The brand new program will be the EX alone, and this is the sad/tragic/absurd situation for a 18 yers old amazing skater at his first Olys, who doesn’t want to end up full of regrets . He has already a big one : Cooked Programs for Orser’s japanese student.
    What??? I assume English is not your first language and I am confused as to what you are trying to say. I'm guessing you are not happy that Yuzuru is skating the same SP as last season and is again skating to R&J, although a different musical score. Since we are not skating coaches and not coaching Yuzuru specifically, we cannot assume to know better than Orser and the other professionals working with him. Yuzuru had great success with his SP last season and the R&J theme suited him well in 2011-2012. Instead of being critical or feeling sorry for him, as fans we need to embrace the work he is doing in preparing for the Olympics and support him as he moves forward this season.

  4. #1909
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    17,126
    It's very disappointing that Orser is giving this content to Yuzuru for his Olympic season. I don't think Orser is beyond criticism for that.

    I'm hoping that Yuzu will overcome the reused programs and skate brilliantly though!!

  5. #1910
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by msteach3 View Post
    What??? I assume English is not your first language and I am confused as to what you are trying to say. I'm guessing you are not happy that Yuzuru is skating the same SP as last season and is again skating to R&J, although a different musical score. Since we are not skating coaches and not coaching Yuzuru specifically, we cannot assume to know better than Orser and the other professionals working with him. Yuzuru had great success with his SP last season and the R&J theme suited him well in 2011-2012. Instead of being critical or feeling sorry for him, as fans we need to embrace the work he is doing in preparing for the Olympics and support him as he moves forward this season.
    YES! You're perfectly right , English is not my native language, so please excuse me!

    What I was trying to say is that Yuzu is clearly tired of PW SP ( and his and our poor ears too!!).

    In the interviw translated by Yude in the message # 1880 , he says :” SP is still running into difficulties and there is some uneasiness , but I have a STRONG FEELING that I want to show a new thing, not the SAME as the last season.” . That's why I don't think he's thankful to his choaches at all , but absolutely angry and furious !

    Actually the LP has a cooked character because Romeo is always Romeo : love-death-youth-fight till death- and Yuzu is too young to deserve this recycling stuff IMO.
    Finally the only brand new program is the EX paradoxically, may be Story or True Love, which have a Japanese choreo!!
    I hope it helps!

    In any case I suggest you to read a very interesting discussion in the “programs for 2013-2014 season” Thread, they are talking about IMG – Hanyu - Orser and the recycling policy versus new programs...

  6. #1911
    Yuzu Tracker msteach3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW USA
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    YES! You're perfectly right , English is not my native language, so please excuse me!

    What I was trying to say is that Yuzu is clearly tired of PW SP ( and his and our poor ears too!!).

    In the interviw translated by Yude in the message # 1880 , he says :” SP is still running into difficulties and there is some uneasiness , but I have a STRONG FEELING that I want to show a new thing, not the SAME as the last season.” . That's why I don't think he's thankful to his choaches at all , but absolutely angry and furious !

    Actually the LP has a cooked character because Romeo is always Romeo : love-death-youth-fight till death- and Yuzu is too young to deserve this recycling stuff IMO.
    Finally the only brand new program is the EX paradoxically, may be Story or True Love, which have a Japanese choreo!!
    I hope it helps!

    In any case I suggest you to read a very interesting discussion in the “programs for 2013-2014 season” Thread, they are talking about IMG – Hanyu - Orser and the recycling policy versus new programs...
    Yes, I understand about the programs (especially the SP) being used again or as you say "recycled." However many skaters use programs more than one season especially if they have had success with it as Yuzuru did with his SP.

    I happen to love the PW program and think it suits him beautifully. I can understand though that skaters get tired of programs for more than one season as they have to listen and skate to it over and over again. However, I can't imagine that he is angry and furious. I think Brian is a very good coach and has helped Yuzuru become a better skater. I trust (and I assume Yuzuru and the Japanese Federation do as well) Orser and his expertise on what will give Hanyu the best chance at winning in Sochi.

    I will say though that since I don't speak Japanese I am at a loss when it comes to Yuzuru's interviews. I have watched some with English subtitles and in everything I've seen he seems to completely trust in what Brian tells him. If your coach thinks you can win with recycled programs than you do it! He has four years after this season and before the next Olympic Games to try something new. I feel his fans need to be positive in their comments and assessments in order to help Yuzuru do his best.

  7. #1912
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    714
    Yuzuru is back in his hometown rink

    http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/phot...0040007-p4.htm

  8. #1913
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    229
    http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news...0040007-n1.htm
    Yuzuru Hanyu, an 18-year-old male figure skater, who has his sights set on the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, has returned from his training location in Canada to his hometown in Sendai City, where he unveiled his practice sessions to the public on the 30th of August and showed his vigorous condition by landing quad toe loop among others. According to his coach, Brian Orser, he will be skating to the movie soundtrack of 'Romeo and Juliet' composed by Nino Rota for his free program.
    Two seasons ago when he obtained a Bronze medal at the 2012 World Championships, he also skated to 'Romeo and Juliet', but the music composition [this time] is different. As for his short program, he will be skating to last season's world-record breaking program 'Parisienne Walkways'. Hanyu's first competition this season will be Finlandia Trophy, held from the 4th to the 6th of October in Espoo, Finlandia.


    News clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw26tspJoag

    ETA:
    Another clip (FNN News): http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlin...N00252897.html

  9. #1914
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    In the interviw translated by Yude in the message # 1880 , he says :” SP is still running into difficulties and there is some uneasiness , but I have a STRONG FEELING that I want to show a new thing, not the SAME as the last season.” . That's why I don't think he's thankful to his choaches at all , but absolutely angry and furious !
    I think we need to try not to be biased. He talked he had feeling to show something new, but he talked just about his feeling at that time, not about something specific or something about his coaches. (Let me point out one thing just in case. Yuzuru talked that he had feeling to show a new program in some interviews, but he talked about his 2013-2014SP in the competitions, neither about the LP nor the programs he performed in AOI and DOI shows.) I myself read Japanese but I’ve never felt he was protesting to his team, personally.(It’s quite difficult to translate the precise nuance of Japanese into English. [昨季と同じではなく、新しいものを見せたいという気持ちが強いです。] Maybe it could be the closer to translate “I have stronger feeling that I want to show a new thing, rather than same thing as the last season.” But I’m by no means criticizing yude's translation! I haven’t contributed in translation at all despite speaking Japanese natively. )
    I guess he said so because he wanted to prevent the media from assuming that he keeps his PW SP at that time, since he performed it in the DOI show while most of other skaters performed their new programs there. I think it’s an excessive conjecture to consider definitively that it shows bad relationship between Yuzu and his coaches

  10. #1915
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88;760302
    News clip: [url
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw26tspJoag[/url]

    ETA:
    Another clip (FNN News): http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlin...N00252897.html
    thank you very much for the clips!! 4S has become effortless!!

  11. #1916
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    714
    spread eagle - counter - 3A - 3T It's crazy !!


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2tM8TLIIg&sns=tw

  12. #1917
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    218
    Thank you! Wow! She is incredible talent!

  13. #1918
    Yuzu Tracker msteach3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW USA
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    Thank you! Wow! She is incredible talent!
    I think you mean "he"!

    Yuzuru is looking so strong especially now with the quad sal. I have no doubt this program is going to beautifully display not only his athletic ability but his musical and interpretive talent as well.

  14. #1919
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    218


    If everything goes as she plans. The next season hard to beat him.

  15. #1920
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    218

Page 128 of 927 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 178 228 628 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •