Page 139 of 2817 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 189 239 639 1139 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 42253

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    YUZURU be proud of yourself and keep fighting!!!!!!!!!!!

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Wow another explosive skate from Hanyu - he really went for it in spite of falling in the first quad. Congratulations!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations on your winning at GPF, Yuzuru!!
    I'm so happy for you and proud to be your fan!!

And HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY!! (it's already Dec.7 here) Wish you health and a great season!!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats Yuzuruuuuuuuu! I just hope he'll keep the momentum till the most important part of the season
    Can smb translate the winner's interview please?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSujLWf0jA

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunna View Post
    Can smb translate the winner's interview please?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSujLWf0jA
    Here you go :
    Interviewer: Everyone in the arena, this is our winner, Yuzuru Hanyu! Congratulations!
    Yuzuru: Thank you! Thank you very much!
    Interviewer: Wow, it certainly feels like you gave it all you've got. How do you feel?
    Yuzuru: Well, regrettable, that's what I honestly feel, but since I've received a good evaluation as reflected in my score, I'll take this cue as an opportunity to do my very best to become much stronger.
    Interviewer: You beat the world-reigning champion, Patrick Chan to win this GP Final. What do you think?
    Yuzuru: The reality hasn't really sunk in, but I personally feel I did well in the short to the point that I can say it's almost the best I've had. So, I'll just keep sticking at it and produce a good performance in the free next time.
    Interviewer: You achieved an all-time high in the SP, [a day] after which you went into the free skate. How did you feel going into the free skate?
    Yuzuru: Well, I was slightly nervous, I suppose. Understandably I was trying not to listen to the scores [as they were being read out], but since the announcement is done in Japanese, I ended up hearing them out of the corner of my ears anyway. When my turn came around, I was like, "Oh, wow, great ovation. He must've been clean," and sneaked a peek.
    Interviewer: Really, everyone in this arena has been giving wonderful cheers of encouragement. Did you find it encouraging?
    Yuzuru: Obviously the ovation after Patrick's performance sent me into thinking "Ah, I need to perform as good as this", it did put a pressure on me. After that, my name got called out and before I got onto the ice, I received more cheers than what Patrick did after his performance and it really gave me the push. So, thank you very much.
    Interviewer: Mr. Hanyu, at the end of your performances [in this event], you would carry a bunch of flowers in both of your hands as you returned to this 'Kiss and Cry' area. It was really an impressive sight. Was that your way of expressing your gratitude?
    Yuzuru: Well, this time I was the last to skate and had to pass a long stretch of time, so I was just doing my best to pick them up *crowd: chuckles a bit at his joke*, I really felt that I had to give my very best response to the gifts I received. I've gratefully accepted them.
    Interviewer: And so, Sochi Olympics is drawing near. Please tell us your goal from now on.
    Yuzuru: Right, well, I don't really know whether it's been decided for sure I will go to the Sochi Olympics, but the next competition is just around the corner. Drawing on this understanding, I will properly strive to do better in the short and steadily land the quad salchow in the free.
    Interviewer: Lastly, please give a few comments to all the audience in this arena.
    Yuzuru: Today, I would like to say that I'm truly grateful for all the support I've received.
    Crowd: *gives an applause*
    Yuzuru: Thank you very much. Um, well, throughout the Grand Prix Series events, I was unable to execute quad salchow properly, so it was a bit disappointing. Going through each and every event, which concludes here in Fukuoka where, I believe, I've put out my best performances so far, [from now on] I would like to give my level best so that I can become much stronger. Thank you.
    Interviewer: Congratulations! This has been Yuzuru Hanyu!

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Yuzuru, such a humble, honest young man!

Happy 19th Birthday

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Yuzuru, such a humble, honest young man!

Happy 19th Birthday

I wish you to stay strong and healthy and to sing a lot of Japanese anthems all over the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKn9UM1JvSU

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    I wish you to stay strong and healthy and to sing a lot of Japanese anthems all over the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKn9UM1JvSU
    ^^ He will go down in history as one of the finest male figure skaters ever, I am sure of that =]

If only Yuzu was a couple years older and can speak fluent English...his smile melts my heart :P Fan girl alert!!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Happy birthday, Yuzuru! Nice birthday present to win gold at home, beating Patrick Chan! He is an excting skater, I wouldn't be surprised to see him dominate the next Olympic cycle.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Happy 19th to Yuzuru, and congrats on the win! Hopefully this lessens the pressure on him for JNats.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Happy 19th birthday, Yuzuru

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...a3cb01&theater

Best wishes to you for the Nationals and Olympics

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    very nice GPF clip! thank you very much Yuzu Yoosu!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Io1ei_Pwc

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    What an awesome way to celebrate a birthday! In front of a whole skate-crazed nation, to be victorious!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Sportsnavi Article/Press Conference Interview, December 6, 2013
    Source: http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports...2060013-spnavi

(Translator's note - mostly translated the parts where Yuzuru is concerned)

Hanyu: Heading into the Sochi Olympics "It's a really big step forward"
    First GP Final Victory with High Scores
    Press Conference with The Top Three Finishers

In the men's free-skate segment held at Marine Messe Fukuoka On December 6, the second day of Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final, Yuzuru Hanyu of ANA who had a lead in the short program a day earlier, improved his free segment personal best to 193.41 (TES: 102.03, PCS: 92.38, Deduction: 1.00), racking up a combined total personal best of 293.25, an improvement over his previous best by 28 points. With a high score 2.02 points shy of the world record, he achieved his first title win at Grand Prix Final.

Despite falling on the opening quad salchow, Hanyu managed to hold his ground by flawlessly landing his next element, a quad toe loop and proceeded to hit all the other elements, including a triple-axel-triple-toe combination one after another. Out of the six entrants to this competition, he was the sole competitor who exceeded 100 points in TES. With such performance, he captivated figure-skating fans who had gathered in Hakata ward.

On other hand, Nobunari Oda, who participated in the competition in lieu of Daisuke Takahashi (Kansai University Postgraduate) following his withdrawal due to an injury, produced a score of 175.02 (TES: 91.58, PCS: 84.44, Deduction: 1.00) in the free, 0.62 short of his personal best, and with a combined total of 255.96, finished an impressive third, winning the bronze medal. Tatsuki Machida (Kansai University) who got off to a rough start in sixth after SP, made a recovery and delivered a clean performance, turning in a score of 170.37. However, with an overall score of 236.03, he fell behind Oda and finished fourth overall.

Additionally, Patrick Chan of Canada finished second with a free segment score of 192.61 (TES: 97.13, PCS: 95.48) and a combined total of 280.08.

Hanyu: "Free skate that left a bit of something to be desired"
    Disbelief over The High Scores

-Looking back on your free skate today, what do you think?
    Hanyu: In the end, my free skate left a bit of something to be desired. In spite of that, I received a lot of points. I think that I was slightly overscored, however, after the fall on the quad salchow, I was able to properly plug into my performance and that, to me, was a big accomplishment. Japanese Nationals is just around the corner. I feel that I have to do my very best as I gear up towards the Nationals.

-Looking back on your growth over a one-year period, what do you feel?
    Hanyu: It started at the end of May last year. Moving my training base (from Sendai to Canada) and switching coaches, to me, was a major change, as was dealing with the language barrier, but over that one-year period, I was able to make a great improvement. Similarly, this year, I set about things in May, but since my coach(es) and I got off from a different starting block [than last year], I feel that I've been able to grow naturally. And that's because Coach Orser, Tracy and David (in charge of his choreography) truly understand what had previously been my weaknesses, such as my skating [quality], physical endurance. This allows me to give it my utmost best, together with everyone. I don't really have a concrete idea of what kind of improvement I've made, but I feel that I've tried as hard as I could.

-You turned in scores in the 9s on all the program components, which have been the subject of concern. What is your opinion on the matter? What kind of training have you been doing thus far?
    Hanyu: There had been a considerable change in between Skate Canada and Eric Trophée Bompard. I began to feel that I should just go out there and perform, and I was training with the aim of obtaining [higher] scores on the program components. However, after France, gearing up towards GP Final, I wasn't able to train selectively [keeping my focus on the components] to such extent, so I was a bit surprised [at the scores]. Frankly, I was really tired inside and sensed that I wouldn't be able to skate [well]. While I'm glad to have received such scores, it just won't do if I don't strive much harder.

-What do you think about your win over Chan? By winning the title at GP Final, do you think that you've moved one step closer towards the Sochi Olympics?
    Hanyu: How I compare to Patrick and the other athletes just didn't get through my head, I didn't think about winning or losing. I was merely trying to enjoy skating as much as possible, that's what has been my intention this time. I thought a bit about winning and losing, but there's nothing that came out of it. That's what I'm honestly feeling now. This is a really huge step towards Sochi and I feel that I'm meeting the requirements. We still have the All-Japan National Championships, so I'd like to do my best in order to produce much better performances.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    An interview with Shuzo Matsuoka, a former Japanese professional tennis player: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY5Z3S4iV6A
    Translation of Yuzuru's interview only:

07:48
    Matsuoka: So, when the score of 192.61 came out, [how do you feel?] All this while, he's been the reigning champion and his scores are incredible
    Yuzuru: Naturally, I was really scared, but I just went out there thinking "if I get through this, I'll become stronger"

10:24 (Regarding his jump layout)
    Yuzuru: Indeed, it's difficult and demanding. It's a program that allows me to receive high marks in the second half

(Shizuka explaining that even though Yuzuru's program is packed with content, it poses great risks. It will place a burden on him mental-wise. If one wishes to accumulate points while avoiding the risks, he won't design a program layout like Yuzuru's)

12:04
    Matsuoka: How do you lay hold of this challenge?
    Yuzuru: I think that challenge, itself, is something that gives me a boost of motivation. Isn't it boring to put a cap on what you're capable of doing? And that could probably mean you're not making every effort. Naturally, giving it all I've got under any kinds of circumstances is my policy[1] as a sports athlete, as a skater.
    Matsuoka: In this Olympic season, what do you think you have to value the most?
    Yuzuru: Tenacity[2]. Well, there's not much time left until the Olympic Games so I'd like to keep cherishing every minute and every second.
    Matsuoka: Giving an all-out support is my forte, so... please count on me.
    Yuzuru: I'm counting on your cooperation! Thank you very much!
    Translator's notes:
    [1] 流儀 (ryuugi) = style of doing things. It contains the character 儀 which means 'rule' or 'principle'. So, I thought it would be more appropriate to use the word 'policy', a guiding principle that governs one's actions and behaviour.
    [2] 一生懸命さ (isshokenmeisa) = this is rather hard to translate as the word is packed with meanings: commitment/dedication, endeavour and determination; one's ability to make every effort with all one's might, pulling out all the stops without yielding in to any obstacles in order to achieve a certain purpose. I settled with 'tenacity', but if someone finds a better word, please give me a shout.

Page 139 of 2817 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 189 239 639 1139 ... LastLast