Page 152 of 708 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 202 252 652 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 10613

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Haha, me too. I worry about Lutz more than Quad.
    Me as well, I think I didn't breathe until after the combo. Good luck for tomorrow!

Custom Title
    According to the Olympic site, Yuzuru is planning 3A+2A+SEQ, instead of his usual 3A+2T combination
    http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-s...n-free-skating
    (Click the + next to the names to see planned jumps/elements)

If I figured it correctly, that's an increase of 1.34 in base value?

Looks like he's going for MAXIMUM PRESSURE on Chan... who also has the misfortune to skate immediately after Yuzuru - he'll already be on the ice with just a minute to go, when Hanyu's score is announced. If it's big and/or the audience explodes... he may not have time to calm himself.

By the way, what stops Yuzuru doing 3A + 3A + Seq? (Because we KNOW he can do that - he frequently treats the fans to 4T + 3A + 3A after competitions!)

I presume rules prevent another 3A, even as +SEQ? Or is he simply not risking negative GOE?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    According to the Olympic site, Yuzuru is planning 3A+2A+SEQ, instead of his usual 3A+2T combination
    http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-s...n-free-skating
    (Click the + next to the names to see planned jumps/elements)

If I figured it correctly, that's an increase of 1.34 in base value?

Looks like he's going for MAXIMUM PRESSURE on Chan... who also has the misfortune to skate immediately after Yuzuru - he'll already be on the ice with just a minute to go, when Hanyu's score is announced. If it's big and/or the audience explodes... he may not have time to calm himself.

By the way, what stops Yuzuru doing 3A + 3A + Seq? (Because we KNOW he can do that - he frequently treats the fans to 4T + 3A + 3A after competitions!)

I presume rules prevent another 3A, even as +SEQ? Or is he simply not risking negative GOE?
    If he did 3A+3A he would zayak, because he already does 3A+3T before that. He can repeat as many doubles as he wants though.
    Strange that he's going for 3A+2A, he can do it for sure but nobody has mentioned it so far... maybe he hasn't been doing it in the practice sessions?

Custom Title
    Yesterday, after such an uber-awesome skate by Yuzuru, it was kind of nice to see that Pooh Bear (albeit plastic-wrapped and delivered via air-trajectory onto the ice by a fan) made it into the kiss and cry.

GO YUZURU!!!!!!!!

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Oh yeah, the Return of the Pooh! That was classic Yuzuru! He will always come back. Very few presents on the ice in general. Having gazillions of Flower Girls that have nothing to do....meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    If he did 3A+3A he would zayak, because he already does 3A+3T before that. He can repeat as many doubles as he wants though.
    Strange that he's going for 3A+2A, he can do it for sure but nobody has mentioned it so far... maybe he hasn't been doing it in the practice sessions?
    Just to note that that is not quite correct - you can zayak on 2As as well.... ask Plushy at Russian Nationals. (He did three 2As.)

But I also wanted to say - good luck to Yuzuru today! I hope he goes out and nails everything!

Fingers crossed for Yuzuru!
    I'm so nervous right now.

Illa de Arousa, Pontevedra, Galicia, Spain
    Well, in the end Yuzuru won the Gold, 1st male japanese to do it :D I'm so proud of him. Congratulations from Spain

Congratulations to Yuzuru Hanyu, Olympic Champion!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Congratulations to Yuzuru Hanyu, Olympic Champion!
    Yeaaaaa!!

I am so proud to be his fan! A couple years of ago, he was considered an "unknown" but I was mesmerized by his performances. Can't believe he's not going to be a mega superstar and national hero in Japan!! It's such so unbelievable. I am so happy I never gave up on him!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
    He made it! He looked so nervous, he was under so much pressure, but I'm so happy with the result. It wasn't his best program, those mistakes ruined a bit the amazing Romeo and Juliet program I used to love, but who cares right now? He is the olympic champion and that huge smile on his face is, for me, the greatest image from this OG so far. I hope at the WC the 4S will be perfect.

And, finally, congratulation to Mr. Orser!

Custom Title
    Yuzuru, you are a pure genius and an amazing fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy coach Pooh was at the bords today!!!

The dream of the little mushroomhead kid has come true! Plushy was correct in 2012, you were the one to beat in Sochi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOO YUZUUUUUUUUUUU!

After Yuzuru's program I was so sad, but I kinda believed the title isn't lost. I mean, the whole Chan's program I was like "fall, fall, please fall" I lived this competition so intensively. I can't sleep right now.

Before the OG everyone was talking about Chan, Fernandez, Plushenko, Takahashi and I just couldn't believe no one noticed Yuzuru had a world record at the SP and amazing performances the whole season. Now he seems to be the favorite one for the gold at the WC.

On the Ice
    Congrats, Yuzuru! Not the best performance of the season so far, but he fought through it (saved that second 3A) But now I want a clean programme at Worlds)))
    And pleeeeeeeeeeeeese if someone has video with Yuzuru when he knew he's a champion upload it somewhere!

Evgeni Plushenko‏@EvgeniPlushenko·28 min
    Мой кумир Удзюри Ханью!Молодец!!!!

Plushenko News_Eng‏@PlushenkoNews·16 min
    RT @EvgeniPlushenko: My idol's Yuzuru Hanyu! Well done, boy!!! (https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/...13432667115520 …) Hanyu is genius (https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/...13743821553664 …)

Page 152 of 708 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 202 252 652 ... LastLast