Page 158 of 654 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 208 258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 9796

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Right now I'm really curious about the programs he'll have for the next season. Can there be something even greater than parisienne walkways?

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I never really warmed up to PW until the Team SP at Sochi. But, even now, I am still glad this season is over soon. 2 years is a long time for the same program....I hope that Yuzuru and his team can now work on something completely different and new. As Olympic Champion I hope he can advance to the next level. Not only technically (I know he loves his jumps) but also artistically. In a way you are also defined by your rivals, so I'm totally curious what the next quad will be like for him and who his challengers may be. In Japan Machida and Mura are pretty good as well! And who knows about Kozuka and the newcomers.....

Custom Title
    In Japan Machida and Mura are pretty good as well! And who knows about Kozuka and the newcomers.....
    I'm not so sure that any of the junior boy could challenge him (or Machida, Mura and Kozuka for what is worth): both Tanaka and Hino didn't really progresse since when thw three of them competed together as junior... the only kid right now that IMO could make some splash is Uno, but he first has to get his jump together...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Plushy's message for Yuzuru, and Yuzu's response:

http://www.evgeni-plushenko.com/foru...p=82787#p82787

(See link for video)

The original Plushenko's speech in Russian:

My dear friend. Now you are the Olympic champion. It's the most dear title in the world of sport. I wish you to gain in your whole career and to have on your chest not just one Olympic medal but as many as possible. I am sure you can do that. Because you are a genius champion, a talented sportsman, you are hard-working, you really like to work hard. But the most important thing.. (*video cut). (*cont.) .. as I alread said, I am your fan. Thank you.
    thank you very much for translation!!! I perfecty agree with Plushy about Yuzu's genius !

Yuzu's face, a mix of meltage and pride, is priceless!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    How wonderful of Plush! And congratulations to Yuzuru on his Olympic Gold!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    thank you very much for translation!!! I perfecty agree with Plushy about Yuzu's genius !

Yuzu's face, a mix of meltage and pride, is priceless!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it - but just to eliminate any possible misunderstanding - the translation is not mine, I'm just sharing what I found. Which may be exactly what you meant, of course - but I just want to make absolutely sure not to take credit for something I didn't do!

Rinkside
    Hi everybody! I'm a new member, nice to meet you. Glad to read people who think and feel the same I do.
    I was a casual ice skating fan but the Olympics, and Yuzuru in particular, made me a huge fan. I instantly fell in love with him as he is not only unique on the ice but also as a person.
    And as I read some pages before, I also think he is like a manga character, so special!!
    I'm looking forward to seeing him next month!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    Right now I'm really curious about the programs he'll have for the next season. Can there be something even greater than parisienne walkways?
    Don't hold your breath if David Wilson is choreographing his programs again.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    I'm bored already. Imagine the outcry if Yuzuru leaves Canada now. And then still uses programs choreographed by David Wilson in the style of Yuna. Haha, the irony.

No, I really want more gold for Yuzuru. If that means CoP friendly but unexciting programs, so be it.

Custom Title
    Hi, knew here.

But I have been a fan of Yuzuru since 2012, Romeo & Juliet Kissing You program. I´m really happy that he was won and hope he can improeve and land jis jumps (all the quads he wants to do... ) I had fun reading lot´s of old comments from this board and hope the best for him and the poster and translators in this thread...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Esopian View Post
    The gala was great, but I can't seem to find a link to Hanyu's EX performance. On CBC's channel, they only upload Canadian athletes' performance and it's a pity they didn't upload his. >_>
    The CBC Olympics site has the FULL gala (as well as full broadcasts of all the other Olympic events ), here's the link: http://olympics.cbc.ca/videos/live/v...ast-36530.html

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    David Wilson is kinda like a hit or miss. I like some of the programs he choreography for Yuna. Not all though. Some were just plain bad haha.

I think David will still do Hanyu's LP and Jeffrey Buttle will do his SP?

If my calculations are correct Parisienne Walkways has broke the WR a total of 4 times? Twice last season and twice this season?

Tripping on the Podium
    Hello, I'm new here. Could anyone tell me if Yuzu is gonna compete next month in Worlds? If he will, then since there is only nearly a month left, he'll probably still use the same rountines he performed in Sochi right?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by littlexflower View Post
    Hello, I'm new here. Could anyone tell me if Yuzu is gonna compete next month in Worlds? If he will, then since there is only nearly a month left, he'll probably still use the same rountines he performed in Sochi right?
    HI! Welcome!

I am sure he will go to Worlds. There is no reason why he wouldn't go as it is in Japan. And yes he will be doing the same programs. Skaters generally do the same program for that whole season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Crylais View Post
    David Wilson is kinda like a hit or miss. I like some of the programs he choreography for Yuna. Not all though. Some were just plain bad haha.

I think David will still do Hanyu's LP and Jeffrey Buttle will do his SP?

If my calculations are correct Parisienne Walkways has broke the WR a total of 4 times? Twice last season and twice this season?
    The programs he choreographed this season (which was the Olympics no less!) were snoozefests. The people who choreographed Hanyu's 2012 R&J program did an AMAZING job.

Page 158 of 654 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 208 258 ... LastLast