Page 160 of 630 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 210 260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 9445

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #2386
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,753
    Congrats to Yuzuru for winning OGM and becoming the first Japanese male skater to achieve it!
    The media attention on him is just crazy here! (but to tell the truth, the news about Mao is even crazier, as expected, she is on every TV channels almost every hour every day since Ladies free. I don't think they let Mao retire anytime soon...) What always surprises me about this kid is Yuzu seems to keep himself fully cool-headed, perfectly knowing how to react to media/fangirl frenzy around him, how to behave in public, how to smile sweetest smiles towards cameras, etc.

  2. #2387
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by msteach3 View Post
    I am shocked Japanese fans are still complaining about David Wilson and Brian Orser.

    Yuzu went to Canada to become Olympic champion and that's what he became. Full credit goes to Yuzu AND Brian, David and Jeff Buttle. How can you dismiss a program that broke the world record twice? PW was sheer brilliance and fit Yuzu perfectly. As fans we need to support Yuzu's choices NOT constantly tear them down. Shame on you!
    Buttle was able to choreo an exciting program for Hanyu and keep it CoP savvy at the same time. Even as a fan of Hanyu, I still think the two Wilson free programs are a bit dull, but it accomplished the mission and milked the CoP for all it was worth and that's something to cheer both Wilson and Hanyu for
    For me, I hope that Team Hanyu/Borser whatever you call it, will choose music for his FS that is different from the past two seasons or maybe shake it up and let Buttle choreograph the FS and Wilson the SP.

    Any news if Hanyu is going to train in Japan until worlds or will he be traveling back to Canada to train?

  3. #2388
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by msteach3 View Post
    I am shocked Japanese fans are still complaining about David Wilson and Brian Orser.

    Yuzu went to Canada to become Olympic champion and that's what he became. Full credit goes to Yuzu AND Brian, David and Jeff Buttle. How can you dismiss a program that broke the world record twice? PW was sheer brilliance and fit Yuzu perfectly. As fans we need to support Yuzu's choices NOT constantly tear them down. Shame on you!
    Sorry, but I don't understand why you are definitively saying that "Japanese" fans are complaining about David Wilson and Brian Orser.

    Almost all Japanese people are thankful to the Team Orser for Yuzuru's gold medal. There was a firm strategy for the Olympics with them, and I think Yuzuru has perfectly understood it. Some may dislike the programs, but those who are complaining are not only Japanese, and it is just a difference in taste.

    "Shame on you" is the phrase I don't want to see in this thread.

  4. #2389
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by msteach3 View Post
    I am shocked Japanese fans are still complaining about David Wilson and Brian Orser.
    may you please share the sources?

    thanks in advance!

  5. #2390
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by SquishyDumpling View Post
    Any news if Hanyu is going to train in Japan until worlds or will he be traveling back to Canada to train?
    No news yet, unfortunately.

    Yuzuru talks about his quads.

    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/olympic/ne...007648361.html

    Yuzuru said he is aiming for mastering 4 Loop in future.
    "I have a feeling 4 Loop is almost there. I have an ambition to do the first-thing-ever."
    "I have to start from getting Gold medal. I'll be paid attention, but that's not going to change me".

    http://news.goo.ne.jp/article/nikkan...0224-0007.html

    "I stepped out on one leg with Loop, I rotate Lutz. I rotate Axel to a certain degree and fall with UR technically.", he has practiced them in off-season. And about Flip, "I won't put it in the program even if I can land it, so I don't value it".

  6. #2391
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    No news yet, unfortunately.

    Yuzuru talks about his quads.

    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/olympic/ne...007648361.html

    Yuzuru said he is aiming for mastering 4 Loop in future.
    "I have a feeling 4 Loop is almost there. I have an ambition to do the first-thing-ever."
    "I have to start from getting Gold medal. I'll be paid attention, but that's not going to change me".

    http://news.goo.ne.jp/article/nikkan...0224-0007.html

    "I stepped out on one leg with Loop, I rotate Lutz. I rotate Axel to a certain degree and fall with UR technically.", he has practiced them in off-season. And about Flip, "I won't put it in the program even if I can land it, so I don't value it".
    Is Yuzu training 4A too? Is it correct?

  7. #2392
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    595
    It is nice that he is so ambitious about jump, but I rather see him develop his artistic side more. He has so much potential but not really develop as much in this area. He has perfect body to pull off Kostner style program but right now has no line or fluidity to pull them.

    I still think Wilson choreography is not suit him well but PW on the other hand is his best SP ever.

  8. #2393
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Is Yuzu training 4A too? Is it correct?
    Yes, but it seems that he doesn't practice these quads regularly in everyday's practice, he is just stating what he is capable of now.
    So don't worry, everyone

  9. #2394
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Yes, but it seems that he doesn't practice these quads regularly in everyday's practice, he is just stating what he is capable of now.
    So don't worry, everyone
    AAAHHHH!! Yuzuru is already far beyond my poor imagination!!

  10. #2395
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    It is nice that he is so ambitious about jump, but I rather see him develop his artistic side more. He has so much potential but not really develop as much in this area. He has perfect body to pull off Kostner style program but right now has no line or fluidity to pull them.
    On the other hand, it may be better for him to focus on attempting those ambitious jumps, while he still has his current body shape. (If he fills out in later years, such jumps could become impossible).

  11. #2396
    Custom Title Silvia451's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    "Shame on you" is the phrase I don't want to see in this thread.



    I liked the new R&J almost as much as the old one. I didn't particularly like his Notre dame program, but it's just a matter of taste.

  12. #2397
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post



    I liked the new R&J almost as much as the old one. I didn't particularly like his Notre dame program, but it's just a matter of taste.
    Finally found a person who also likes current R&J long program.

  13. #2398
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    445
    R&J #1 at 2012 World's was a near-perfect combination of music, costume, choreography, and passionate emotional performance.

    I don't think R&J #2 is anything like that "perfect storm", and nor was last year's Notre Dame... but I still like them a lot. In my opinion, they have more subtlety and sophistication.

    The trouble is, I don't think Yuzuru has really done justice to R&J #2 yet (although we got a glimpse of what it could be, at the Grand Prix final)... and I don't think he ever really did justice to Notre Dame either.

    I think he's been pushing his technical limits and stamina so hard each season, that it's close to the end of season before he is able to really put his heart and soul into the FS choreography - if he manages to do it at all.

    I think it was genius to keep his PW short program this year - he was able to perfect it and set a monstrous world record... but it also allowed him to concentrate more on his difficult FS.

    I wouldn't mind him doing that every year: change SP and keep FS one year, then change FS and keep SP the next... if that means we ultimately get to see his programs at their very, very best.

    I'm hoping he will deliver a jaw-dropping FS at World's. I'm sure he is well motivated - I think he's looking to prove something after the Olympics... and also he might be hungry for his first World title - epecially after (despite skating his heart out to ensure 3 Olympic spots for Japan) he came home empty-handed last year.

    If not, I wouldn't mind him keeping R&J #2 for another year, and perfecting it... but somehow I doubt he'll do that. Sounds like he wants to push his technical boundary Way Out There, so he might need an all-new program to showcase it...

  14. #2399
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Yes, but it seems that he doesn't practice these quads regularly in everyday's practice, he is just stating what he is capable of now.
    So don't worry, everyone
    do you know when Yuzu started training 4Loop, 4Lutz and 4A?

  15. #2400
    Custom Title Silvia451's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    The trouble is, I don't think Yuzuru has really done justice to R&J #2 yet (although we got a glimpse of what it could be, at the Grand Prix final)... and I don't think he ever really did justice to Notre Dame either.
    My thoughts exactly. I hope he'll live the FS at the worlds. He'll be at home, like at the GPF, maybe this should be also taken into consideration.
    I think the program suits him (also the music). The ina bauer moment (which perfectly matches the music) always impressed me very much, it's very intense.

    I hope for the next season he'll have similar programs: something dynamic and lively for the SP and something lyrical/romantic for the FS.

Page 160 of 630 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 210 260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •