Page 161 of 580 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 8696

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    R&J #1 at 2012 World's was a near-perfect combination of music, costume, choreography, and passionate emotional performance.

I don't think R&J #2 is anything like that "perfect storm", and nor was last year's Notre Dame... but I still like them a lot. In my opinion, they have more subtlety and sophistication.

The trouble is, I don't think Yuzuru has really done justice to R&J #2 yet (although we got a glimpse of what it could be, at the Grand Prix final)... and I don't think he ever really did justice to Notre Dame either.

I think he's been pushing his technical limits and stamina so hard each season, that it's close to the end of season before he is able to really put his heart and soul into the FS choreography - if he manages to do it at all.

I think it was genius to keep his PW short program this year - he was able to perfect it and set a monstrous world record... but it also allowed him to concentrate more on his difficult FS.

I wouldn't mind him doing that every year: change SP and keep FS one year, then change FS and keep SP the next... if that means we ultimately get to see his programs at their very, very best.

I'm hoping he will deliver a jaw-dropping FS at World's. I'm sure he is well motivated - I think he's looking to prove something after the Olympics... and also he might be hungry for his first World title - epecially after (despite skating his heart out to ensure 3 Olympic spots for Japan) he came home empty-handed last year.

If not, I wouldn't mind him keeping R&J #2 for another year, and perfecting it... but somehow I doubt he'll do that. Sounds like he wants to push his technical boundary Way Out There, so he might need an all-new program to showcase it...
    I think that you're quite right...

last season I thought util the gpf I thought that Ndp was quite a boring and uninspired program, but at sochi there were some point in which it really worked, and it was brilliant ... unfortunatley after that both at 4cc and worlds Yuzuru had some health problems, so he never skated it to its potential, but I think that he skated it to his artistic potential during TEB galà, and it was terrific... (if someone missed it this is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ox36xsbU0)

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Hi! I'm new fan of hanyu
    I watched Yuzuru at sochi olympics, honestly I didn't have interest on men skating but wooow I was amazed by his SP and although he fell on the FP, it was amazing how he fought and continued skating 'tll the end. I wish the best for him at Worlds

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    I hope for the next season he'll have similar programs: something dynamic and lively for the SP and something lyrical/romantic for the FS.
    Yes I agree. Both those styles suit him and make it interesting for his fans. I'm hoping Jeff Buttle choreographs at least one of them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    do you know when Yuzu started training 4Loop, 4Lutz and 4A?
    No, as far as I know, he has not mentioned about it yet

Custom Title
    Yuzuru has gone back to Canada for training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ-j8FXxfQI

Just two days in Japan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post

Just two days in Japan
    Woow he didn't spend much time with his family -.-

Custom Title
    I hope he's not damaging his health. Boy needs some rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Woow he didn't spend much time with his family -.-
    Yes, but considering his popularity now in Japan, maybe it's better for him to stay away from the media and the stress.

Custom Title
    I hope he rests a little there without all the media around him xD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post

Just two days in Japan
    He must be serious about World's then...! :-D And I guess he wasn't joking, when he said he wanted to go practice his Salchow, right after winning his gold medal.

Must have been a hectic two days in Japan, all that media attention. Mind you, he seems pretty "media savvy" - he knows how to "perform" for the press, he speaks well and he's not camera-shy. And he is already attempting to use his celebrity status via the media, for some good causes:

He announced that he will donate his 3 million yen reward from JSF (for bringing home an Olympic gold medal) to the reconstruction of his home region Sendai, which remains devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami... with 10's of thousands of people STILL living in make-shift huts even now, largely "forgotten" by the public and the media. His 3 million yen won't achieve much by itself - but the public support and renewed attention he might generate by his symbolic gesture just might...

He also made a case for more support for skaters, rinks etc when the Olympic team visited the Minister for Culture.

This is why I do not think he will ever lack motivation. He strives to win, to be great... not just for his own personal achievement... but for the power it may bring, to help other people. He is a man on a mission! Amazing for a 19 year-old!

Custom Title
    Wow that's amazing !, good boy. I really want him to give the performance of his live at worlds

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post

He announced that he will donate his 3 million yen reward from JSF (for bringing home an Olympic gold medal) to the reconstruction of his home region Sendai, which remains devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami... with 10's of thousands of people STILL living in make-shift huts even now, largely "forgotten" by the public and the media. His 3 million yen won't achieve much by itself - but the public support and renewed attention he might generate by his symbolic gesture just might...

He also made a case for more support for skaters, rinks etc when the Olympic team visited the Minister for Culture.

This is why I do not think he will ever lack motivation. He strives to win, to be great... not just for his own personal achievement... but for the power it may bring, to help other people. He is a man on a mission! Amazing for a 19 year-old!
    it must be a reason why Plushenko choosed him as his "heir" ... . He looked for someone as hungry to win as he is.

Great for him bringing attention to the situation in his region! great for him in his joy moment to not forget that other had not so much luck in their lifes.

I think i like Yuzuru more and more for his personality!

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    is it stupid to say that I'm seriously in awe of this kid? when I was 19... well, when I was 19 I didn't have quite his achievements. I still don't and never will.... but at 19 my priorities were, let's say, slightly less noble. (he's starting to make me feel bad for not being a better person... which I now realize might sound even stupider and I apologize if this comes across as way too fangirly )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    is it stupid to say that I'm seriously in awe of this kid? when I was 19... well, when I was 19 I didn't have quite his achievements. I still don't and never will.... but at 19 my priorities were, let's say, slightly less noble. (he's starting to make me feel bad for not being a better person... which I now realize might sound even stupider and I apologize if this comes across as way too fangirly )
    Hahaha I know how you feel, sometimes I wonder how he can be so mature , but well he makes me want to be a better person like him :D

He seems to be both an amazing skater and an amazing person. I really admire him a lot.
    He has everything he needs to become the best skater ever. I just hope he'll be healthy.

Page 161 of 580 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 211 261 ... LastLast