Page 165 of 2713 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 215 265 665 1165 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 40686

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #2461
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    757

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    As far as I know Yuzu's mom is always with him everywhere he goes , never let him alone , she's at every competition and they're always together everytime they fly or return from Canada. Is she his agent?
    I don't think so. 19 years old is not regarded as adult in Japan, and maybe he needs someone to take care of him in order to devote himself to skating.

    I heard Ms. Keiko Shirota, former Director of Japan Skating Federation is supporting the Hanyu family.
    Yuzuru and his family is trusting her very much. But, she is a person dismissed from the Federation once due to money scandal around 2006 together with the Head Director. She is a very capble person, and actually it is her who built up the successful system to develop excellent figure skaters in Japan, including Nobeyama training course.
    It is a rumor that there is some kind of friction between her and the Federation.
    Orser wanted her to have the coach pass for supporting Yuzuru because he had to look after Javier as well, but JSF did not allow that, and Orser complained about it.

    This is what I just read in a magazine, so I cannot say it is credible or not.

  2. #2462
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    En algún lugar de un gran país
    Posts
    2,380

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post

    I heard Ms. Keiko Shirota, former Director of Japan Skating Federation is supporting the Hanyu family.
    Yuzuru and his family is trusting her very much. But, she is a person dismissed from the Federation once due to money scandal around 2006 together with the Head Director. She is a very capble person, and actually it is her who built up the successful system to develop excellent figure skaters in Japan, including Nobeyama training course.
    It is a rumor that there is some kind of friction between her and the Federation.
    Supporting in what sense, may I ask? It seem that in terms of money with ANA and Coca Cola sponsor Yuzuru made almost US$2.2 millions last year, will guess that this amount of money will increse now.

    In the emotional side maybe but I don´t think is smart to be too much close or depend on a person who isn´t ok with your federation and have had problems with the law.

    As far as I know Yuzu's mom is always with him everywhere he goes , never let him alone , she's at every competition and they're always together everytime they fly or return from Canada.
    Well look at Meryl Davis and Charlie White´s moms, they are so legendary for being at every competition and supporting their childs than for the Olympics there were fluffs pieces and articles about them.

    I read in this thread a long time ago that his mother went with him to Canada because of his "eating problems", he couldn´t cook and she was worried about his health. Considering how emotional Yuzuru was when he moved first time to Canada (crying and everything that was reported) it wouldn´t surpriseme that she wanted to be with her. Is normal for a parent to be with his underage child (Yuzuru was 17 when he started with Orser).

    Yuna Kim was with ther mom all the time she trained in Canada (and it was said that friction between her and Orser play part in the split).

  3. #2463
    fairy dust distributor Pamigena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
    Posts
    2,152

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I have met a genius his age before (a young violinist) and I suppose that these young genius seem to have the same carefree, innocent aura.
    meh, not all of them. I grew up with one of those (also a violinist) and her parents made sure that her childhood was put to good use so her talent wouldn't be wasted. there was never anything carefree or innocent about that girl (came back to bite them in the a**, though. when she went away to study at a conservatory she realized that she still had some living to do… I leave the rest to your imagination)


    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    (I also call him "the kid" and probably I'll call him like this until he turns 30 )
    I guess it's just what we "old folks" do probably just because he still looks very much like a teenager and makes us feel ancient. I'll probably keep doing it, too. I'm sure nobody here means it as an insult or wants to be disrespectful.

    and besides, he does have that effect even on non-fangirly people. you should have heard my mom she came by while I was still watching the flower ceremony after the FS. and the lady who handed over the flowers actually kinda patted Yuzuru's cheek. My mom started laughing and said something along the lines of "well, I get it. look at that baby-face! who wouldn't wanna do that"


    as a side note: I honestly hope that becoming a grownup and keeping some kind of child-like innocence aren't mutually exclusive. at least not at such a young age. I'm sure he's very mature for his age. he's been through a lot. it changes you. (everybody who's ever been smacked in the face by life knows that) From what I've read about him he obviously has his own mind, he knows what he wants and what he likes. that's a good thing! But being legally an adult shouldn't mean that you have to be serious about everything all the time. And if the Pooh Bear is any indication, I guess he's not heading that way anytime soon. The fact that he's already so mature without being afraid to sometimes act like the young person that he is - that's very much part of why I like this kid (there, I said it again, don't hit me )

  4. #2464
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    264

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Supporting in what sense, may I ask? It seem that in terms of money with ANA and Coca Cola sponsor Yuzuru made almost US$2.2 millions last year, will guess that this amount of money will increse now.
    Since when is Yuzuru sponsored by Coca Cola? I'm not even sure who puts around this rumors... he has a corporate affiliation agreement with ANA, is one of the Symbol Athletes of the Japanese Olympic Committee. That's it.
    And the 2 million dollars thing?! Besides the fact that no one knows what he actually earns, the rumors that went around when he signed the contract with ANA said that the contract was estimated to be worth around 30 million yen a year, which is around 300000 US dollars. I repeat, rumors.

  5. #2465
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    En algún lugar de un gran país
    Posts
    2,380

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Since when is Yuzuru sponsored by Coca Cola? I'm not even sure who puts around this rumors... he has a corporate affiliation agreement with ANA, is one of the Symbol Athletes of the Japanese Olympic Committee. That's it.
    And the 2 million dollars thing?! Besides the fact that no one knows what he actually earns, the rumors that went around when he signed the contract with ANA said that the contract was estimated to be worth around 30 million yen a year, which is around 300000 US dollars. I repeat, rumors.
    Well that looks like sponsored to me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWjbxbTt5BE nut I don´t know if is part of the Symbol Athlete deal

    Yuzuru net worth: http://www.sportrichlist.com/athlete...nyu-net-worth/

  6. #2466
    No longer Newbie, call me Specs :)
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    6,039

    0 Not allowed!
    -It says in the description that the uploader 'made' a Coca cola commercial for Yuzu. So this is not official.

  7. #2467
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    En algún lugar de un gran país
    Posts
    2,380

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    -It says in the description that the uploader 'made' a Coca cola commercial for Yuzu. So this is not official.
    Oh sorry...

  8. #2468
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    264

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Fake, sorry
    A suggestion to all new Yuzuru fans: don't believe all that you find on the internet. Especially on tumblr.

  9. #2469
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    757

    0 Not allowed!
    Sponsors or money related things are managed by the Federation, I think.

    Ms. Shirota has lots of connections internationally, and she advises the Hanyus in various aspects, and she communicated or was involved in when Yuzuru decided Orser as his new coach, according to the magazine.
    Actually, that money scandal was mainly caused by the Head Director, and she became a kind of involved as far as I remember. Of course she was responsible to some extent.

    To my impression, as she is very capable, she is a type of person who has the same number of enemies and followers. I heard Morozoff had troubles with her because she interfered with his athletes too much. Anyway, she is getting back her power in the figure skating society in Japan, and maybe it is causing friction, I suppose.

    Japanese food giant "Ajinomoto" is now supporting Yuzuru, advising her mother, and he can eat more than before
    He believed that he could not eat much, but they noticed his stomach starts moving slow, so they contrived the menu carefully, and it worked. I think he looks healthier than before.

  10. #2470
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post

    I heard Ms. Keiko Shirota, former Director of Japan Skating Federation is supporting the Hanyu family.
    Yuzuru and his family is trusting her very much. But, she is a person dismissed from the Federation once due to money scandal around 2006 together with the Head Director. She is a very capble person, and actually it is her who built up the successful system to develop excellent figure skaters in Japan, including Nobeyama training course.
    It is a rumor that there is some kind of friction between her and the Federation.
    Orser wanted her to have the coach pass for supporting Yuzuru because he had to look after Javier as well, but JSF did not allow that, and Orser complained about it.

    This is what I just read in a magazine, so I cannot say it is credible or not.
    I think you mean Noriko Shirota, don’t you?
    I read some magazine articles about relationship between her and his family too, I don’t deny them outright as they could possibly contain some cantle or one side of the fact, but as you say, we need to examine cautiously how much we can place liability on these articles(and information about inside details of the federation), because they are gossip magazines and these articles are not necessarily written on the purpose of reporting the facts accurately, but rather gaining attention of the crowd with scandalous gossips about infighting or ineptness of the federation. (And some are not reporting positively about Yuzuru; they write about Ms. Shirota with scandalous image of ousted mastermind behind the scenes)

  11. #2471
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,055

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    Sponsors or money related things are managed by the Federation, I think.

    Japanese food giant "Ajinomoto" is now supporting Yuzuru, advising her mother, and he can eat more than before
    He believed that he could not eat much, but they noticed his stomach starts moving slow, so they contrived the menu carefully, and it worked. I think he looks healthier than before.
    Yuzuru looks much helthier and stronger than last year and I think he's so lucky to have such a supportive mom!

  12. #2472
    Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    10,690

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    and besides, he does have that effect even on non-fangirly people. you should have heard my mom she came by while I was still watching the flower ceremony after the FS. and the lady who handed over the flowers actually kinda patted Yuzuru's cheek. My mom started laughing and said something along the lines of "well, I get it. look at that baby-face! who wouldn't wanna do that"
    My friend, who happens to be male and he dislike feminine traits on male atheles, said this when I made him watch this kid's performance: "I want to pinch this kid's cheek!!"
    And I was sitting there like: "What? Seriously?"

  13. #2473
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    326

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Yuzuru looks much helthier and stronger than last year and I think he's so lucky to have such a supportive mom!
    He does look a lot healthier.

    Whatever support he is getting, it is working and very good. I have often wondered, and speculated that his mother is his big support and I have read that she is here in Toronto with him. But I have never seen her (in the youtube video of his first costume involving Johnny Weir several years ago when I think he was about 14, she is shown with Weir and Yuzuru making the costume so I have an idea of what she looks like). The few times that I have passed him or seen him, he has always been alone (inbetween destinations no doubt).

    (I find it interesting that both his mother and Nanami Abe seem to shy away from the cameras. They value their privacy I would assume.)

    I think that the space and relative privacy that Toronto and TCC has provided him has also helped so that the support is unimpeded. My impression is that he gets both the support and the space from his family, so that combined with his phenomenal talent, work ethic and focus, it has been a perfect mix.

  14. #2474
    Bona Fide Member Hanmgse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Posts
    2,681

    0 Not allowed!
    Let's hope yuzuru can stay healthy for all the next season It's nice to see that many people support him.

  15. #2475
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    757

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by airin View Post
    I think you mean Noriko Shirota, don’t you?
    I read some magazine articles about relationship between her and his family too, I don’t deny them outright as they could possibly contain some cantle or one side of the fact, but as you say, we need to examine cautiously how much we can place liability on these articles(and information about inside details of the federation), because they are gossip magazines and these articles are not necessarily written on the purpose of reporting the facts accurately, but rather gaining attention of the crowd with scandalous gossips about infighting or ineptness of the federation. (And some are not reporting positively about Yuzuru; they write about Ms. Shirota with scandalous image of ousted mastermind behind the scenes)
    Thank you for your telling me about Ms. Shirota's name. I made a mistake in reading the Chinese characters
    You are perfectly right. We should not rely on mass media too much, but estimate it carefully.

    Honestly, I have respect for Ms. Shirota for her capability and skills that have established such an excellent system to develop young and promissing skaters. Especially, I like the system that top skaters and younger skaters are trained closely. (I heard Yuzuru mastered his 3A when he watched 3A of Mao Asada and Takahiko Kozuka)

    I hope Ms. Shirota's getting back her position in JSF would work positively, without much friction.

    In any case, ANA and Ajinomoto are good choices as supporting companies, I believe

Page 165 of 2713 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 215 265 665 1165 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •