Page 165 of 710 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 215 265 665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 10636

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sochi201...6-1258304.html

I'm not sure this has something to do with his ankle in this documentary, but this article was published on Feb.16, it says that his body fat is 3 or 4%, his sinewy(sharp) lateral malleolus accumulates water easily caused by wearing hard skate boots. But his body condition dramatically got better in this season thanks to eating strategy.
    this is very interesting! What kind of strategy ?
    thanks in advance!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    But his body condition dramatically got better in this season thanks to eating strategy.
    Yeah, he keeps saying he doesn't like eating.

I wonder if he is afraid of losing his jumps, if he eats too much and puts on too much weight? I hope not, because I think that's a dangerous idea to believe in. (It's also pretty weird compared to someone like Asada, who loves eating, and never seems to stop! :-D)

I was glad to see "Ajinomoto guy" at the Olympics, his personal cook and dietician. Of course it's advertising for Ajinomoto, but that guy is also a fan of Hanyu and said he'd like to look after Hanyu's diet for his whole career...! I hope he does! An athlete has to eat properly!

Plushenko told him (in his video message) it's important to stay fit and healthy. I'm sure Yuzu will take that advice, when it came from Plushenko!

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    well, I for one now just feel like throwing a Pooh Bear made of cookies and ice cream at him.........

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Yeah, he keeps saying he doesn't like eating.

I wonder if he is afraid of losing his jumps, if he eats too much and puts on too much weight? I hope not, because I think that's a dangerous idea to believe in. (It's also pretty weird compared to someone like Asada, who loves eating, and never seems to stop! :-D)

I was glad to see "Ajinomoto guy" at the Olympics, his personal cook and dietician. Of course it's advertising for Ajinomoto, but that guy is also a fan of Hanyu and said he'd like to look after Hanyu's diet for his whole career...! I hope he does! An athlete has to eat properly!

Plushenko told him (in his video message) it's important to stay fit and healthy. I'm sure Yuzu will take that advice, when it came from Plushenko!
    His problem is not that he doesn't like eating but that he was a small eater. Ajinomoto found recipes that stimulated his appetite and were more balanced, and thanks to this he started eating more and has been healthy all season. If anything, he had 'bad' eating habits for an athlete. But he has never been worried about gaining weight -- in fact, to whoever asked he kept saying that he could eat whatever he wanted because he was just naturally thin.
    He also likes sweets and snacks on chocolate often (which is not exactly a weight-conscious behaviour).

In his latest IFS interview (released at the beginning of the season) Orser said that Yuzuru was worried at first about doing off-ice training, because he thought gaining mass would affect his jumps. In the end, what he's doing is aimed at making him stronger and increasing his stamina. His parents don't want him to do weight training until he's finished growing, anyway.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    His problem is not that he doesn't like eating but that he was a small eater. Ajinomoto found recipes that stimulated his appetite and were more balanced, and thanks to this he started eating more and has been healthy all season. If anything, he had 'bad' eating habits for an athlete. But he has never been worried about gaining weight -- in fact, to whoever asked he kept saying that he could eat whatever he wanted because he was just naturally thin.
    He also likes sweets and snacks on chocolate often (which is not exactly a weight-conscious behaviour).

In his latest IFS interview (released at the beginning of the season) Orser said that Yuzuru was worried at first about doing off-ice training, because he thought gaining mass would affect his jumps. In the end, what he's doing is aimed at making him stronger and increasing his stamina. His parents don't want him to do weight training until he's finished growing, anyway.
    Wow I did not know about his dietician. As long as he stays healthy and doesn't injure himself beyond repair!!

Custom Title

Many thanks for the explanation, Kalina !

Why his parents don't wont him to do weight training?

What is Yuzu doing as off-ice training?

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    Yeey, thanks

Now that I watch it relaxed, it wasn't that bad.

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    I still get nervous watching it

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    if I remeber correctly, during the 6 minutes FS warm up, I noticed Javi's Mickey Mouse tissue box was on boards and just behind it a yellow forepaw was quite visible , even if Pooh didn't show up..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt7t...mONFvW_FgH8TBQ

Javi's mickey mouse spotted!!

Rinkside

It's positive for him to have somebody who helps him with his diet even if he naturally doesn't put on weight.
    But his obsession regarding his jumps makes me think he will be able to reach the Quad Axel sooner or later (don't know if I'm being too subjective, but let's hope!).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Smile View Post
    It's positive for him to have somebody who helps him with his diet even if he naturally doesn't put on weight.
    But his obsession regarding his jumps makes me think he will be able to reach the Quad Axel sooner or later (don't know if I'm being too subjective, but let's hope!).
    It worries me if he is too obsessed with jumps. I don't think is possitive

Custom Title
    @Hanmgse

I share your concerns as well. I feel like there's so much else in his skating that he should be focusing on and improving than seeking to master more quads. As many other posters have repeatedly mentioned, his lines are sloppy and all over the place. I also worry about the damage he will do to his body if he keeps trying to max out the quad content. This sport is figure skating, not figure JUMPING.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    @Hanmgse

I share your concerns as well. I feel like there's so much else in his skating that he should be focusing on and improving than seeking to master more quads. As many other posters have repeatedly mentioned, his lines are sloppy and all over the place. I also worry about the damage he will do to his body if he keeps trying to max out the quad content. This sport is figure skating, not figure JUMPING.
    Exactly, He needs to be a more complete skater, i think most people recognize him only for his jumps :/ but well i hope he improves with time

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    @Hanmgse

He should improve other things, yes, but seemingly he actually wants to be recognized for his jumps.

Page 165 of 710 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 215 265 665 ... LastLast