Page 166 of 673 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 216 266 666 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 10083

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Tripping on the Podium
    http://instagram.com/p/lGKibzNjjo/
    A recent photo of Javier and Yuzu in Toronto Cricket Club! I hope this updating about Yuzu's photos is not considered gossip. It doesn't relate to figure skating directly, and seeing you guys discuss seriously makes me feel a little... embarrassed *shy shy shy*
    Anyways I always love to see Yuzu taking photos with other skaters hehehe. His English is not good so I was afraid he had few skater friends except Japanese ones. However it turns out recently that he's pretty close with Javier, Misha Ge and even Denis Ten.
    (Sorry for my clumsy English)

Custom Title
    Can anyone tell me why he has bended both his knees in this video after the team event?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUSM8QG64A

Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Exactly, He needs to be a more complete skater, i think most people recognize him only for his jumps :/ but well i hope he improves with time
    Well, I'm not an expert to talk about this, but his PCS improved massively this season. Also, he had some trouble with his jumps at the FS the whole season and I'm sure he's not pleased with this. He's such a perfectionist that I'm sure he'll try to be the best not only at jumps.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Can anyone tell me why he has bended both his knees in this video after the team event?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUSM8QG64A
    Are you talking about the packets of ice that he has wrapped around his knees?
    If so, athletes ice the knees to reduce swelling and inflammation. A lot of NBA players do it when they take a rest during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by littlexflower View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/lGKibzNjjo/
    A recent photo of Javier and Yuzu in Toronto Cricket Club! I hope this updating about Yuzu's photos is not considered gossip. It doesn't relate to figure skating directly, and seeing you guys discuss seriously makes me feel a little... embarrassed *shy shy shy*
    Of course it relates to figure skating as long as it relates to Yuzu. You don't have to feel embarrassed, I'm happy that more and more people post in this topic Thanks for posting it, I also like photos with Yuzu and Javi, they seem to get on very well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    Well, I'm not an expert to talk about this, but his PCS improved massively this season. Also, he had some trouble with his jumps at the FS the whole season and I'm sure he's not pleased with this. He's such a perfectionist that I'm sure he'll try to be the best not only at jumps.
    I'd hate to say this but his PCS since the GPF for his FS have been a bit to me, but then again that's how PCS roll nowadays - a bonus for skating well? I think he deserves every bit of his high PCS in the SP though.

Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    I'd hate to say this but his PCS since the GPF for his FS have been a bit to me. I think he deserves every bit of his high PCS in the SP though.
    I must agree that the PCS changed too drastically from one event to another. Before the GPF the score difference between Yuzu and Chan was huge, I couldn't even hope for a gold medal for Yuzu. I agree with the SP, this season he improved it in all the aspects. But (opinion of a non-trained eye) his PCS are ok now (at skating skills maybe the change was too big in short time). I like the artistic part of the program, the choreography looks beautiful.

Custom Title
    I'd hate to say this but his PCS since the GPF for his FS have been a bit to me, but then again that's how PCS roll nowadays - a bonus for skating well? I think he deserves every bit of his high PCS in the SP though.
    My justification is if Javi can get mid to high 80s in PCS, Yuzu deserves at least high 80s to low 90s :P

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    I must agree that the PCS changed too drastically from one event to another. Before the GPF the score difference between Yuzu and Chan was huge, I couldn't even hope for a gold medal for Yuzu. I agree with the SP, this season he improved it in all the aspects. But (opinion of a non-trained eye) his PCS are ok now (at skating skills maybe the change was too big in short time). I like the artistic part of the program, the choreography looks beautiful.
    The kid's FS in GPF were quite excellent despite the 4S fall so I agreed with the PCS in GPF.
    His SP was exceptional at Olympic hence he deserved that PCS score.
    I don't agreed with his free skate's PCS at Olympic, though (90.98). He had 2 falls and it should cost him more (I think his PCS at FS should be 85 or 87). But then again, the judges tend to give those in the final group drastic high score in PCS. And to think that Chan had higher PCS (92.70) even though he made more mistakes than this kid both in SP and FS (Yuzu's SP was much better than Chan, but his PCS was still lower, while I find Chan's SP quite boring).
    The problem stay with the judges' protocol, I think. They have always been generous with Patrick Chan's PCS. Thus when they acknowlegde that this kid has enough potential to be a gold medalist, the have to raise his PCS as well.
    Not to mention, he gave a good impression on the judges thanked to his outstanding SP, they must have gone easy on him. I guess.

Frankly, I think both Patrick Chan and Yuzur's PCS at free skakte Olympic should be between 85 or 87 because they made mistake (well, but so did the others men). Even with such lower scores in FS, the replacements would stay the same thanked to their high score in SP. My ideal score would be like this:
    Yuzuru: 276.11 (101.45+ 173.64)
    Patrick Chan: 270.52 (97.52 + 173.10)
    So, even if both of their socres were lower -5 in PCS due to their mistakes in FS, they are still gold and silver medalist respectively.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    My justification is if Javi can get mid to high 80s in PCS, Yuzu deserves at least high 80s to low 90s :P
    Borser bonus

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    The kid's FS in GPF were quite excellent despite the 4S fall so I agreed with the PCS in GPF.
    His SP was exceptional at Olympic hence he deserved that PCS score.
    I don't agreed with his free skate's PCS at Olympic, though (90.98). He had 2 falls and it should cost him more (I think his PCS at FS should be 85 or 87). But then again, the judges tend to give those in the final group drastic high score in PCS. And to think that Chan had higher PCS (92.70) even though he made more mistakes than this kid both in .
    But isn't that contradictory to agreeing with his PCS for the GPF FS? He had 92.38 in PCS for the GPF with a fall on the 4S. He had an extra fall by the rules on the 3F (I don't think a skater's fallen until the body ends up on the ice, but that's just me) and his PCS were 2 points lower than at the GPF.
    It's kinda strange, but personally, I felt more emotion from Yuzu's Olympic FS versus the GPF one even though the Olympic one is so much more flawed besides the 2 falls. You could really feel the fight for the last step sequence.
    I'm hoping that he can find that in himself again and just let it go for worlds :]

But isn't that contradictory to agreeing with his PCS for the GPF FS? He had 92.38 in PCS for the GPF with a fall on the 4S. He had an extra fall by the rules on the 3F (I don't think a skaters fallen until the body ends up on the ice, but that's just me) and his PCS were 2 points lower than at the GPF.
    Yup, but his FS at GPF was much better than his FS at Sochi, he had showed much more energy and confidence there. Anyways, I don't think it's his fault for such high PCS. I think it's because of Patrick Chan's high PCS (which people have always point out that is unfair). It's the PCS inlations. I like Patrick Chan, but I never belive Patrick Chan deserves such high PCS either. At his best, Patrick should just get 88 or 89 PCS.

Custom Title
    Yup, but his FS at GPF was much better than his FS at Sochi, he had showed much more energy and confidence there. Anyways, I don't think it's his fault for such high PCS. I think it's because of Patrick Chan's high PCS (which people have always point out that is unfair). I like Patrick Chan, but I never belive Patrick Chan deserved such high PCS either. At his best, Patrick should just get 88 or 89 PCS.
    Hehe..We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm probably just weird though about liking the emotion from the Olympic FS more

Hehe..We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm probably just weird though about liking the emotion from the Olympic FS more
    Well, I hope the kid (sorry for calling Yuzuru the kid, he is still a minor due to Japanese law) will perform his best at Worlds at the end of this month. I do think his current FS have the potential to be much better. His SP was not really succesfull last year, he keeps it till now and it helped him set 2 world records. I hope he would do the same with the current FS.

PS: Still, I have to say NO to his FS costume. SP's costume is okay. But Weir and Brian Oser should re-think about their choices of costume for this kid.

Custom Title
    Well, I hope the kid (sorry for calling Yuzuru the kid, he is still a minor due to Japanese law) will perform his best at Worlds at the end of this month. I do think his current FS have the potential to be much better. His SP was not really succesfull last year, he keeps it till now and it helped him set 2 world records. I hope he would do the same with the current FS.

PS: Still, I have to say NO to his FS costume. SP's costume is okay. But Weir and Brian Oser should re-think about their choices of costume for this kid.
    There are definitely little glimpses of '11-'12 Yuzu in this FS that comes out once in a while. About his FS costume though. Yuzu seems to really like the style (even from when he was a kid, his style hasn't changed that much - like the firebird costume or the one from the year before) and Johnny has said that he was very particular about what he wanted. I guess as long as he's happy with his costume, I'll try to like it too (no matter how much I wanna spray him with a water bottle each time I see him in it.... )

Page 166 of 673 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 216 266 666 ... LastLast