Page 166 of 2659 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 216 266 666 1166 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 39885

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by phaeljones View Post
    He does look a lot healthier.

Whatever support he is getting, it is working and very good. I have often wondered, and speculated that his mother is his big support and I have read that she is here in Toronto with him. But I have never seen her (in the youtube video of his first costume involving Johnny Weir several years ago when I think he was about 14, she is shown with Weir and Yuzuru making the costume so I have an idea of what she looks like). The few times that I have passed him or seen him, he has always been alone (inbetween destinations no doubt).

(I find it interesting that both his mother and Nanami Abe seem to shy away from the cameras. They value their privacy I would assume.)

I think that the space and relative privacy that Toronto and TCC has provided him has also helped so that the support is unimpeded. My impression is that he gets both the support and the space from his family, so that combined with his phenomenal talent, work ethic and focus, it has been a perfect mix.
    Yuzuru looks like his mother a lot , you may see her in many clips even if she tries to stay away from her kid... his mom is probably the reason why Yuzuru is a rare combination of a top notch skater and a high profile student.

Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have a link of a video where I can see her? I'm curious xD

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Seem like is her http://jongin-jebal.tumblr.com/post/...-sorry-for-the

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    My friend, who happens to be male and he dislike feminine traits on male atheles, said this when I made him watch this kid's performance: "I want to pinch this kid's cheek!!"
    And I was sitting there like: "What? Seriously?"
    Me too! I always wanted to pinch Yuzu's cheeks

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Wow she is very beautiful.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Me too! I always wanted to pinch Yuzu's cheeks
    Who wouldn't want?

0 Not allowed!
    She looks very nice. Thanks for the photo.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    I agree that the support of his family is a crucial ingredient in Yuzuru's success. In an article by Philip Hersh shortly before the Olympic men's figure skating event, he quotes Brian Orser as saying that "Yuzu is very dependent on his family, and he lives and breathes skating with not much of a social life." Of course such focus is necessary to become an Olympic champion. Yuzuru's parents (his father is a teacher I believe) do not seem to mollycoddle him however. His mother for instance refused to allow him a cellphone though he has one now as Samsung gave one to each Olympian in Sochi. They have obviously done a good job raising him as seen in his beautiful manners and deportment.

0 Not allowed!
    I knew his parents didn't allow him to have a cellphone, but well all those sacrifices that he and his family made paid well, I mean he is now the OGM.

0 Not allowed!
    Yuzu seems to be a very modest and respectful kid. No doubt it's also because of the influence of his parents.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    Yuzu seems to be a very modest and respectful kid. No doubt it's also because of the influence of his parents.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Still this is on the Internet

You can see Yuzuru's Mom making his costume designed by Johnny Weir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCEclb7MHh8

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post

Oh thank you!! His mom looks very young o.o but well this is from years ago.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post

When I see how he looks back in those days I just can´t help to think "someone please feed this child a hamburger and fries"

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    After re-watching this kid's FS this season (and even Sochi) and his former R&J, I have come to several thoughts:

- The program's content is TOO OLD for this kid. He hasn't reached the age that allow him to fully understand the feelings they expect him to express. Technically he can nail in in practice, but artistically? He hasn't grown up enough for that.
    - The costume = very distracting. I mean, he is already pencil thin, with the current costume he looks like half of a pencil. When I watch him in practice with the jacket and t-shirt, it was much more relaxing and please to watch, so I come to conclusion that the costume does matter. f course I have to count that he was not as tensed when performing. I am not trying to shame his choice of costume or Weir's design, but, yup, I hope he will chose something that makes he look more healthy next season (like his SP's costume).
    - He hasn't gotten used to this program, or the last season program either. I have to say David Wilson's programs do not look much so lifeless as some people have said.
    - After re-watching it several times and comparing it to other's male skaters' programs, I think, without the fall on his 4S, his FS at GPF was much better than many (both technically and artistry). So I think it's something Yuzuru have to do with his self-confidence, he has to believe that he could be perfectly clean.
    - In Sochi, I have a feeling that in the half final of his free skate, he was able to sell his program to some extent and the NBC commentators also felt it), its' like he only started to understand just a glimpse of what he should feel about his own program and to make people around also feel it.

=>>> This program has the potential to become much better, and the kid is still growing into it. I hope he would prove it in Worlds at the end of this month. This is exciting to watch, you know, because the kid is still improving and he has lots of room to reach his peak, which I hope that will be glorious.

Needless to say, I hope his next SP and FS will be something that really suit his age mentally, not something so old to his age like the current one. David Wilson certainly didn't try to put himself in a teenager's mood when he create the program. He is not a bad choreographer, he was just trying to sell a program that add more and more points at the competition. His program itself is not bad, it suits Yuzuru to some extent, but I suppose Yuzuru need a program that express more energy and innocence of his age. In short, he needs a program that show his lively side.
    Last edited by Meoima; 03-07-2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: add emoticons

Page 166 of 2659 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 216 266 666 1166 ... LastLast