Page 167 of 3229 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 217 267 667 1167 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 48431

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

1 Not allowed!
    Hi all!

Looking back at some pages it seems like everyone does a quick intro so I'll follow suit. The only figure skaters I could remember distinctly when I was little was Michelle Kwan. Also am a huge fan of Yuna Kim and Mao Asada around 2010. I discovered Yuzuru about 2 months before the Olympics when I came across a Tumblr post of his beautiful outfit for his Etude short program. Watched a couple of skates and he was my immediate favorite to win the gold. Now I have a renewed passion for being a good fan to figure skating and have been watching tons of videos (not only of Yuzu but other great skaters) and have decided to take up ice skating as a good way to do cardio! I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time and was originally following some Yuzuru-dedicated Tumblrs that reblog nice pictures and whatnot but decided to sign up since I wanted a more robust discussion about Yuzuru's figure skating and how far he's come. Looking forward to go on this journey with him for the next 4 years and beyond!

Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

0 Not allowed!
    I agree. I think yuzu hasn't been able to connect with his last two FS, but I think R&J was better than Notre dame at least. I'm very curious to see what programs he will have the next season

Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    Hi all!

Looking back at some pages it seems like everyone does a quick intro so I'll follow suit. The only figure skaters I could remember distinctly when I was little was Michelle Kwan. Also am a huge fan of Yuna Kim and Mao Asada around 2010. I discovered Yuzuru about 2 months before the Olympics when I came across a Tumblr post of his beautiful outfit for his Etude short program. Watched a couple of skates and he was my immediate favorite to win the gold. Now I have a renewed passion for being a good fan to figure skating and have been watching tons of videos (not only of Yuzu but other great skaters) and have decided to take up ice skating as a good way to do cardio! I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time and was originally following some Yuzuru-dedicated Tumblrs that reblog nice pictures and whatnot but decided to sign up since I wanted a more robust discussion about Yuzuru's figure skating and how far he's come. Looking forward to go on this journey with him for the next 4 years and beyond!
    Welcome ! :D I remember in some videos of his performance many people were posting that they discovered him thanks to tumblr, wow

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    Hi all!

Welcome

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    It will be interesting to see what they do for the 2014-2015 season. Whit the chance of regulations and now allowing music with lyrics I hope he gets really cool programs.
    Oh wow! Now they are allowing music with lyrics! Can't wait to see what people will do? I guess some people might stick to traditional classical orchestral instrumental pieces. Who is gonna break out of the pack? I think Yuzu can pull it off- he's got a young, upbeat spirit about him

Does anyone know the process behind creating a new piece? Since the figure skating season ends after the worlds, I would hope he takes some time to rest and relax! He deserves it! Knowing his work ethic and mentality he'll probably just keep on training...thru the entire off season!!! Quad king!!!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    pls don't laugh at my excessive fangirling. im not even sure what part you're laughing at. maybe the biellman b/c i have a terrible biellman. or maybe the shipping thing, since shipping me with yuzuru would ultimately end with a very ugly ship (hehe me)

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    ah ty someone told me he wasn't jailbait anymore. UGH DOES HE COUNT AS CANADA OR JAPAn probs japan hes representing japan also you can't have duo citizenship with alotta asian countries. silly miikan. (don't mind my monologue im sorry) and tysm i have been enlightened

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    oh yes. yuyu. not so much 2Han right now. yuyu WOULD BE SO FRICKLIN ADORABLE THERES ALREADY SO MUCH EVIDENCE TO WORK WITH beside the whole they both don't have any common languages/coaches... we'll see

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    I don't see how he isn't mature enough to interpret Romeo and Juliet. Romeo was only what 17 in the play anyways and in no way was he mature. If anything, I think R&J needs a child like interpretation b/c Romeo and Juliet weren't making very mature decisions. He did amazing with R&J from 2011.
    For me, the choreography for the last two freeskates could have been switch and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference (but it could also just be that since Wilson choreographed both, there were bound to be similarities). IMO the team took something that didn't really work (Notre Dame de Paris) and just continued working with it. The Romeo and Juliet cut even has the same build up as NDP. I would love for the team and Yuzu to pick a different type of music for next year. He's done somber lyrical music for two years already.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    I don't see how he isn't mature enough to interpret Romeo and Juliet. Romeo was only what 17 in the play anyways and in no way was he mature. If anything, I think R&J needs a child like interpretation b/c Romeo and Juliet weren't making very mature decisions. He did amazing with R&J from 2011.
    For me, the choreography for the last two freeskates could have been switch and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference (but it could also just be that since Wilson choreographed both, there were bound to be similarities). IMO the team took something that didn't really work (Notre Dame de Paris) and just continued working with it. The Romeo and Juliet cut even has the same build up as NDP. I would love for the team and Yuzu to pick a different type of music for next year. He's done somber lyrical music for two years already.
    I want Yuzuru to skate to Piano Concerto No.1 :P

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I want Yuzuru to skate to Piano Concerto No.1 :P
    Hey I actually like Kovtun's music for the FS too
    I feel like Yuzu needs this type of dynamic and "loud" music for his style. I really liked the cut of Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini that he skated to for his junior days. I just don't think he's the wallflower type that the team is going for right now, and that he'll grow into that type of music later on though.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    I feel like Yuzu needs this type of dynamic and "loud" music for his style. I really liked the cut of Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini that he skated to for his junior days. I just don't think he's the wallflower type that the team is going for right now, and that he'll grow into that type of music later on though.
    I think he likes music where he commands the stage and is the center of attention. I liked his Etude SP :P

I also want Yuzu to skate to Les Mis even if it's a warhorse. I have a feeling he will be able to interpret the music pretty well, especially "I dreamed a dream".

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I love that program

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    . . .
    Interesting perspective. Yes, that is correct. Romeo is only 17 and it is a teenaged love story. During the Nice Worlds in 2012, the British commentator on ESPN made the comment that he felt that one of the reasons why Yuzuru Hanyu so well portrayed Romeo in his skate was because he was the actual age of the character in the story and therefore suitable to play the role as a skater. (The complete skate and commentary is on youtube.) As well, this season just after Finlandia, when people on Goldenskate were reviewing R&J#2, a few (but not many) commented that he seemed now older than a Romeo should be.

I think he is still young enough for the role.

In any case, in choosing the theme of Romeo and Juliet again (as according to Weir, Hanyu “owns” the costume and choice of music), Yuzuru must have had some kind of feeling or statement he wanted to make by choosing the same story again. If the past has taught us anything about Yuzuru and how he skates his programs, it is that he develops and grows into them as the season progresses. Part of their meaning is in the journey that it takes him. He did that with R&J#1, he did that with PW and he is doing that with R&J#2. (Just remember the evolution from Finlandia, to Skate Canada, to TEB, to GPF and to the Olympics.) He still has time with R&J#2 to make it whole. Perhaps we should wait until he skates R&J#2 as he means it to be skated before judgment is rendered on its appropriateness to his temperament and maturity. Even as it is, the judges have given it a thumbs up putting Hanyu second to no other skater in the world.

generally interested fan Esopian's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    It will be interesting to see what they do for the 2014-2015 season. With the chance of regulations and now allowing music with lyrics I hope he gets really cool programs.
    Yeah, exactly! He has been using the SP [Parisienne Walkways] for two seasons already and seeing new programs would definitely be exciting. His FS is relatively good, but I know he can express himself in a newer and better way without the touching on Romeo and Juliet theme. I prefer his rocker/lively performances rather than his expressive/moving/touching-type of program.

Page 167 of 3229 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 217 267 667 1167 ... LastLast