Page 17 of 649 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 9722

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    LOVE Yuzuru! THRILLED he medaled here, and his reaction was ADORABLE. Wheee .

    He can totally challenge Chan by 2014. Maybe even by next season. He is the future of men's figure skating.

    Also because people were talking about girlfriends, I think he should date Narumi Takahashi, they'd be SO CUTE together .
    Narumi is too short and looks about 12
    Kanako I perefer

  2. #242
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by kilyca View Post
    Oh, I'm ashamed. 
    Are you the one who gave him a Winnie-the-Pooh tissue box? If I were him, I would love you forever! Haha!

  3. #243
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    571
    I am so impressed with Hanyu's composure in his World FS. He brushed off that silly fall like it was nothing and goes on to do 5 triple jumps like nothing happens. Reminds me a bit of Mao's FS at 2008 Worlds except his didn't looked as painful as Mao's fall. It must have shocked him though. Falling like that sucks because your body doesn't expect it. At least he got up faster than his other falls earlier this season.
    I wonder what the judges do with that type of transition fall though. It was after he finished his step sequence, so if you just look at his protocol, it looks like he skated a clean program except for the -1 deduction at the end. Do those deductions go under the PCS? That would be interesting if it does because Yuzu scored his highest PCS here compared to his no fall GPF FS.

  4. #244
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    103
    Can we stop “choosing girlfriends” for Hanyu? Even if pairing up skaters is a fun game, I still hope we don’t do this to Hanyu. Whoever he likes shall be his girlfriend, not just fan wishes.

    Actually, Hanyu said he likes young and cute girls. Narumi and Murakami are both older than Hanyu. Narumi and Murakami are not even good-looking—Hanyu himself is much more good-looking than them. Plus Hanyu has a much better body (tall, slender, and longer legs) than these two girls.

    Only if Asada is 4 or 5 yrs younger, then she and Hanyu would make a good couple—only in terms of physical appearance though. Again, they should date whoever they like, not just fan wishes.

  5. #245
    Custom Title figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,366
    Adore his skating. Can watch him over and over. Well done on the Bronze medal.

  6. #246
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    Can we stop “choosing girlfriends” for Hanyu? Even if pairing up skaters is a fun game, I still hope we don’t do this to Hanyu. Whoever he likes shall be his girlfriend, not just fan wishes.

    Actually, Hanyu said he likes young and cute girls. Narumi and Murakami are both older than Hanyu. Narumi and Murakami are not even good-looking—Hanyu himself is much more good-looking than them. Plus Hanyu has a much better body (tall, slender, and longer legs) than these two girls.

    Only if Asada is 4 or 5 yrs younger, then she and Hanyu would make a good couple—only in terms of physical appearance though. Again, they should date whoever they like, not just fan wishes.
    wow such insult to Narumi and Murakami! I for one, think Murakami's much prettier and cuter than Mao.

  7. #247
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki
    Me too! this magicaleggplant site is pretty good: http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/
    Thanks so much for posting this, I didn't even know this site
    LOL@ Hanyu doing the Plushy pose at the end *hrhr* - you just know where this is boy is heading. And Plushy seems to love him (Plush obviously has good taste :D)
    And even more LOL@ Carmalengo next to Dai in that gif! I probably looked the same during that performance, though less adorable xD

    Concerning Hanyus Biellmann... it really looked a little stiff there. I'm not that worried, he might have been exhausted and what not, and even if he's going to lose that position it wouldn't really matter. He's still very flexible for a male skater, and his other positions were great!
    I'm actually very happy the britian EuroSport commentators just said he might easily be the best spinner in the world right now... that's what I thought for a while, but I didn't trust my own impression that much, and noone else was mentioning it. I love those guys anyway, they're alwas sharing my opinion xD

    And for the girls discussed here - I must be easy to please, 'cause I actually find all of them very pretty. Mao is so expressive, Kanako's smile is just infectious, and Narumi is so tiny and cute! Still, I wouldn't pair Hanyu up with any of them..."xD

  8. #248
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Concerning Hanyus Biellmann... it really looked a little stiff there. I'm not that worried, he might have been exhausted and what not, and even if he's going to lose that position it wouldn't really matter. He's still very flexible for a male skater, and his other positions were great!
    I'm actually very happy the britian EuroSport commentators just said he might easily be the best spinner in the world right now... that's what I thought for a while, but I didn't trust my own impression that much, and noone else was mentioning it. I love those guys anyway, they're alwas sharing my opinion xD
    That's interesting! I've never before heard any professional commentary on Yuzuru having the best spins in the world, though it's a very valid argument. His sit spins especially...he throws in so many interesting arm movements during them. I agree his Biellmann was a little stiff, but he was flat-out exhausted by the end, I give him props for even having the strength to pull his leg over his head at that point
    I think he is very quickly becoming one of the best jumpers too, in consistency and technique. And really for me along with Daisuke is already among the most expressive male skaters who actually feels his music and the story behind it.

  9. #249
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    I am so impressed with Hanyu's composure in his World FS. He brushed off that silly fall like it was nothing and goes on to do 5 triple jumps like nothing happens. Reminds me a bit of Mao's FS at 2008 Worlds except his didn't looked as painful as Mao's fall. It must have shocked him though. Falling like that sucks because your body doesn't expect it. At least he got up faster than his other falls earlier this season.
    I wonder what the judges do with that type of transition fall though. It was after he finished his step sequence, so if you just look at his protocol, it looks like he skated a clean program except for the -1 deduction at the end. Do those deductions go under the PCS? That would be interesting if it does because Yuzu scored his highest PCS here compared to his no fall GPF FS.
    Yeah, it was such an unexpected fall but since it happened twice (?) already in the past season, I think he knew how to handle it. He got up so fast and completed the most beautiful 3A-3T I've ever seen (!!)

    I actually preferred his GPF FS a little better, it might be because I watched it on TV so the quality was better. It showed more raw emotion there, which I liked. His Worlds LP was more polished, and he was on fire. After reading the practice reports, I was so scared he'll pop his jumps or something. I am so happy he proved me wrong. He is such a fighter, and I admire the quality in a young person

  10. #250
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,109
    Just watched Hanyu's performance again! WOW. The guy did not leave any stone unturned. I think the awesome thing is that he's learning to manage his intensity a little bit better. I think the stamina issues we saw early in the season is because he was so hopped up on adrenaline that he didn't save any actual energy for the second half. In this FS, he was definitely not as rushed. But I'm glad he was exhausted at the end because quite frankly if I did a program with a quad and eight triples all while trying to express it to music, I would be too!

    I am thinking that Hanyu at his best channels the best of several skaters — Johnny Weir's musicality (I know that Hanyu admires Johnny and Johnny absolute loves the guy), Plushy's jumping technique and intensity and the artistry of Jeff Buttle.

    Yep, as long as he continue to keep his stamina/adrenaline under control, he will be a force to be reckoned with!

  11. #251
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this, I didn't even know this site
    LOL@ Hanyu doing the Plushy pose at the end *hrhr* - you just know where this is boy is heading. And Plushy seems to love him (Plush obviously has good taste :D)
    And even more LOL@ Carmalengo next to Dai in that gif! I probably looked the same during that performance, though less adorable xD

    Concerning Hanyus Biellmann... it really looked a little stiff there. I'm not that worried, he might have been exhausted and what not, and even if he's going to lose that position it wouldn't really matter. He's still very flexible for a male skater, and his other positions were great!
    I'm actually very happy the britian EuroSport commentators just said he might easily be the best spinner in the world right now... that's what I thought for a while, but I didn't trust my own impression that much, and noone else was mentioning it. I love those guys anyway, they're alwas sharing my opinion xD

    And for the girls discussed here - I must be easy to please, 'cause I actually find all of them very pretty. Mao is so expressive, Kanako's smile is just infectious, and Narumi is so tiny and cute! Still, I wouldn't pair Hanyu up with any of them..."xD
    He is a very good spinner! I also think he has very nice lines.

    Btw, look at this picture: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

    OMG SO SO CUTE. I wonder if anyone has a clip of the moment he found out he won bronze (I assume that was after Patrick's performance or maybe even Daisuke's!)

  12. #252
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by outofafrica View Post
    wow such insult to Narumi and Murakami! I for one, think Murakami's much prettier and cuter than Mao.
    Um yeah. Kanako is absolutely beautiful, and Narumi is super cute. She doesn't look 12, she just doesn't look 20, she's very petite. I'm sure in normal clothes, she looks closer to her age. Anyways Yuzuru isn't tall he's only 5'7" and I'm not sure his being so thin would be considered a great body by most girls his age, I mean maybe if you're into boys built like a rail.

    In any event....yeah we shouldn't pick out girlfriends for him. Girlfriends probably won't help his skating anyways and will just cause distractions. Though certainly if he wants a girlfriend, then he should feel free to try. But anyways, what is this joke about Winnie the Pooh? Is Hanyu openly a big fan or something?

  13. #253
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    No joke about Winnie the pooh, he's evidently carries a Pooh tissue box and towel in every competition.

    On a side note, a very cute picture of Yuzuru and Dai waiting for PChan's score:

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

  14. #254
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    571
    His exhibition program at Worlds. He did last year's SP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYttzwI8nhQ

    Yuzu's FS (British Euro)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0RBt...k8u0pHqtG4A%3D
    Last edited by FTnoona; 04-01-2012 at 11:15 AM.

  15. #255
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen
    That's interesting! I've never before heard any professional commentary on Yuzuru having the best spins in the world, though it's a very valid argument. His sit spins especially...he throws in so many interesting arm movements during them. I agree his Biellmann was a little stiff, but he was flat-out exhausted by the end, I give him props for even having the strength to pull his leg over his head at that point
    I think he is very quickly becoming one of the best jumpers too, in consistency and technique. And really for me along with Daisuke is already among the most expressive male skaters who actually feels his music and the story behind it.
    Yepp, expecially his sit spins! They're so fast too! I really wonder if it's even going to be possible to improve on them, they're already so great.
    And his jumps are gorgeous too, you're right ^^ His 3As are definitly among the best ones out there by now, and I still hate the ISU for having a judging system that "doesn't allow" him to do the 3A sequence in his programms (or rather, he would lose a lot of points with it...).
    Maybe next year he will start doing two quads in the LP, he can do a 4S, and that one practice video I saw looked nice. With his stamina improved, he could do it! And his BV would sky rocket even more! :D
    (And I'd still like him to try a 4A... am becoming megalomaniac here, but it's Hanyu, it's okay )

    And thanks for the cute pictures Becki! I can understand completly why the crowd in nice fell in love with little Hanyu right away - he's so genuine and infectious when happy, you just have to like him

Page 17 of 649 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •