Page 174 of 2717 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 224 274 674 1174 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 40749

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    I like to add my thank you to Nonchan Yuzu for making videos on Yuzuru accessible to us non-Japanese speaking fans. Would also take this opportunity to say a big thank you to those who post gifs of Yuzuru moments, pictures, commentaries, etc. which lead me to appreciate him all the more. You guys are great!
    I understand you, I see news and videos of yuzu but can't understand a word so I feel really thankful with the people who translate and well I'm already learning japanese so maybe in the future I'll help ^^

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    I understand you, I see news and videos of yuzu but can't understand a word so I feel really thankful with the people who translate and well I'm already learning japanese so maybe in the future I'll help ^^
    Oh good for you! All the best in your Japanese language studies as the Yuzuru fandom needs as many translators as it can get. His appeal really transcends boundaries, linguistic and otherwise.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Oh good for you! All the best in your Japanese language studies as the Yuzuru fandom needs as many translators as it can get. His appeal really transcends boundaries, linguistic and otherwise.
    Thank you! Ikr this wouldn't be possible years ago, thanks technology haha

0 Not allowed!
    Guys I just saw Patrick Chan post up a picture of a huge cut he got right before the Olympic gala on Instagram! If you guys have seen the clip of yuzuru spinning and then accidentally kicking Patrick then you'll probably assume that that's what happened...I mean that's what I think happened.

It's so dangerous out there- I honestly have no idea how they all practice on the same rink together at the same time. It takes a lot of concentration to focus on yourself and then you have to worry about hitting other people at the same time. Those blades are sharp!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Choc0Lee View Post
    Guys I just saw Patrick Chan post up a picture of a huge cut he got right before the Olympic gala on Instagram! If you guys have seen the clip of yuzuru spinning and then accidentally kicking Patrick then you'll probably assume that that's what happened...I mean that's what I think happened.

It's so dangerous out there- I honestly have no idea how they all practice on the same rink together at the same time. It takes a lot of concentration to focus on yourself and then you have to worry about hitting other people at the same time. Those blades are sharp!!!
    I saw a fancam about that but in the video it looked like yuzuru cut a buttom from his shirt but I'm not sure, as you say it's dangerous so they must be careful ^^

Edit: I just saw the picture you are talking about and looks like indeed the blade cut him, well yuzuru should be more careful lol

Yes, way.

0 Not allowed!
    I saw a fancam about that but in the video it looked like yuzuru cut a buttom from his shirt but I'm not sure, as you say it's dangerous so they must be careful ^^

Edit: I just saw the picture you are talking about and looks like indeed the blade cut him, well yuzuru should be more careful lol
    I think it's one of those things that looks worse than it is - probably a graze and bruising rather than a cut... because if it had actually been a cut that big, we would have seen Chan with a bloody shirt when it happened... and we didn't.

It looked like Chan skated up from behind Yuzuru as well, so I figure Yuzuru didn't see him coming. Clearly Chan wasn't expecting Hanyu to launch, so it's just one of those things - an accident, nobody's fault. And a lucky escape really, if Chan hadn't reacted so quickly it could have been a lot worse...!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    I think it's one of those things that looks worse than it is - probably a graze and bruising rather than a cut... because if it had actually been a cut that big, we would have seen Chan with a bloody shirt when it happened... and we didn't.

It looked like Chan skated up from behind Yuzuru as well, so I figure Yuzuru didn't see him coming. Clearly Chan wasn't expecting Hanyu to launch, so it's just one of those things - an accident, nobody's fault. And a lucky escape really, if Chan hadn't reacted so quickly it could have been a lot worse...!
    Yeah I mean after the accident Patrick seemed fine and that is why I thought nothing serious happened. Accidents happen always so everyone should be careful. Blades are really scary jeez

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity ice coverage's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post

Did you bother to look at the photo showing the size and depth of Patrick's cut? It was a real cut that is quite a few inches long. (With an especially large area of surrounding inflammation at the upper end.)

Not saying that it was anyone's fault, but it must have been painful.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I mean after the accident Patrick seemed fine and that is why I thought nothing serious happened. Accidents happen always so everyone should be careful. Blades are really scary jeez
    May be it was just a deep scratch at the time, then it got swollen? I hope PChan is heal by now. Poor little soul (having said that, I am older than PChan, I should call him kid).

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    May be it was just a deep scratch at the time, then it got swollen? I hope PChan is heal by now. Poor little soul (having said that, I am older than PChan, I should call him kid).
    maybe (?), but I really hope he is better now too because it does look painful u.u

0 Not allowed!
    That looks very painful indeed... and quite deep. Can anyone share the link to the video? Poor Yuzu, maybe he felt a bit guilty...

Yes, way.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Did you bother to look at the photo showing the size and depth of Patrick's cut?
    Yes, of course I did.

Did you bother to watch the incident itself, and the several minutes of the gala afterwards?
    Let's consider what we saw:

Chan was wearing a white shirt.

If it had been an actual cut, and his skin had been broken - there should have been blood, and we surely would have seen that on a white shirt. If not immediately, then certainly within a minute or so. But we didn't.

I would also have expected his shirt to be cut or torn, but it wasn't.

He would also surely have left the ice, but he didn't - he was on the ice quite some time afterwards.

No doubt it was painful of course, and I assume that's why he unbuttoned his shirt: to take a look (you can see his shirt is not open wide til quite some time afterwards).

This is why I think it is more likely just a graze and bruising/swelling. If there was any actual cut (broken skin), it would have to be very small. It's not that I'm unsympathetic. I mean, if that had been a cut, and it was that big - he would surely have needed stitches.

By the way, I don't think Hanyu was the only one to do a flying entry like that - it looked to me like Machida did the same, at about the same time. So I have to wonder if it was a (badly!) planned part of the gala choreography.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Smile View Post
    That looks very painful indeed... and quite deep. Can anyone share the link to the video? Poor Yuzu, maybe he felt a bit guilty...
    This kind of shows it.
    http://jyj4everfan.tumblr.com/post/7...ott-moir-tessa

0 Not allowed!
    The middle left gif makes me wonder if Yulia may have actually snuck a little sneak attack in there. That would explain the shirt not being cut. Weren't her and Hanyu partners?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    The middle left gif makes me wonder if Yulia may have actually snuck a little sneak attack in there. That would explain the shirt not being cut. Weren't her and Hanyu partners?
    Yulia and Hanyu, aren't they the perfect pairs couple?

It is difficult to tell but it looks to me as if the shirt was torn as shown in the top right gif. The cut is just over the pant (you see the black pant through the slit cut), meaning the blade hit him, went through the shirt but had to go through the pant as well so there was no blood on the shirt. My eyes are straining, but that is what it looks like. I cannot see a tear in any of the other gif's, but I think I do in that one. He brushes his shirt with his left hand where the tear is (in the top right gif).

Page 174 of 2717 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 224 274 674 1174 ... LastLast