Page 19 of 648 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 519 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Are you calling Yuzuru rude for not naming Daisuke his idol? Not nice to do that in an uber thread.

I think all of them were sincere, honest, and polite.
    Nah, don't think let's talk is calling Yuzuru rude. Daisuke is Yuzuru's compatriot, and he probably shows great admiration for him. This is something that does not need to be said as they are teammates That's my take on things lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Yeah, it was. It's Megasport aka Hodynka in Moscow. I think he is dancing his Romeo stuff.
    Haha, I was listening to the music and it didn't seem to go with his hand and body movements.

I wish Hanyu was a bit older, so he can be my Romeo LOL

Custom Title
    Hanyu has said that Takahashi is his aim (mokuhyo) before. When Takahashi won worlds two years ago, Hanyu's comment gave me the impression, "I wanted to be the first Japanese to win". I assume what he aims are Takahashi's records and to be the first Japanese to achieve something. Winning GPF in the short term, the Olympic medal(s) higher than bronze, and winning worlds multiple times in his career.

On the other hands, Plushenko is his idol along with Weir.

Banned
    Btw, in January Yuzuru got the Sendai city Sport Award. I wonder what they will give him now after such a success at Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Haha, I was listening to the music and it didn't seem to go with his hand and body movements.

I wish Hanyu was a bit older, so he can be my Romeo LOL
    Romeo's age was not revealed but he was very young. Juliet was just 14 but acted a lot more mature than rash, inpetuous Romeo.

Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Hanyu has said that Takahashi is his aim (mokuhyo) before. When Takahashi won worlds two years ago, Hanyu's comment gave me the impression, "I wanted to be the first Japanese to win". I assume what he aims are Takahashi's records and to be the first Japanese to achieve something. Winning GPF in the short term, the Olympic medal(s) higher than bronze, and winning worlds multiple times in his career.

On the other hands, Plushenko is his idol along with Weir.
    I found it intriguing a while back when Yuzury did not name any Japanese in his list of idols, which was rather untraditional. He struck him then as a renegade, honest, ambitious, and ready to break the mold.

Custom Title
    Yeah I know the 'actual' Romeo is suppose to be in his mid-teens. I am talking about Hanyu being younger than me, and how I wish he was a bit older so he can be my Romeo :P

Custom Title
    Yeah I know the 'actual' Romeo is suppose to be in his mid-teens. I am talking about Hanyu being younger than me, and how I wish he was a bit older so he can be my Romeo :P

What is the legal age in Japan?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post

What is the legal age in Japan?
    20....that is the coming of age. Unless you're referring to something else LOL

Custom Title
    LOL for now he is jail bait for all the older ladies. Replay by SHINee would be a proper song for Hanyu.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    LOL for now he is jail bait for all the older ladies. Replay by SHINee would be a proper song for Hanyu.
    I googled SHINee and was surprised that it’s a Korean boy band. Are you Korean btw? I’m just wondering if Hanyu’s also popular in Korea…

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    I googled SHINee and was surprised that it’s a Korean boy band. Are you Korean btw? I’m just wondering if Hanyu’s also popular in Korea…
    I googled it too, and listened to that song. How is it a proper song for Hanyu? Should be skate to it in his exhibition next season LOL

Hanyu is popular in Canada ^^ and now France I suppose.

Custom Title
    Btw, regarding Yuzuru's height 'cause I think there was a discussion either in this thread or somewhere else. On his official website, his height is listed at 170cm. During the medal ceremony for W2012 and small medal ceremony, he appears to be the same height as Patrick Chan, who is listed as 173cm. Yuzuru looks to be around the same height as Kozuka if not a bit taller. However, in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQEwQ...feature=relmfu, Mervin Tran (175cm) appears to be a few cm taller than Yuzuru (from a certain angle, it looks a lot bigger than tiny Yuzuru).

Mervin - 175cm
    Patrick - 173 cm
    Yuzuru - 170 cm
    Kozuka - 170cm

Yuzuru looks to be same height as Kozuka and Patrick, but Kozuka appears to be shorter than Patrick as seen in the 2011W medal ceremony (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Men_Podium.jpg). Never seen Mervin stand next to Patrick, so can't comment. Either Mervin is taller than 175cm, or Patrick is shorter than 173cm....

I am not going to obsess myself over this issue because it doesn't really matter how tall these guys are as long as they can deliver good performances. But quite interesting to note. Okay that's it, I am spending way too much time on this forum and this thread LOL
    Last edited by Becki; 04-03-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Custom Title
    I googled it too, and listened to that song. How is it a proper song for Hanyu? Should be skate to it in his exhibition next season LOL

Hanyu is popular in Canada ^^ and now France I suppose.
    Sorry, I meant to say that it would be a proper song for Hanyu to skate to for his older female fans. The chorus is saying noona is pretty. Noona meaning an older girl, so it would be fitting for fan service for his older female fans. They also have a Japanese version of the song out, but I don't know if the lyrics are different or not. I'm not Korean, but I enjoy korean pop music and Hanyu's skating! He was so adorable in his firebird program, the first video I saw of him >.<
    Last edited by FTnoona; 04-03-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    The chorus is saying noona is pretty. Noona meaning an older girl, so it would be fitting for fan service for his older female fans. They also have a Japanese version of the song out. I'm not Korean, but I enjoy korean pop music and Hanyu's skating! He was so adorable in his firebird program, the first video I saw of him >.<
    Ohhh FT"Noona" now i half understand what your name means! haha

Custom Title
    Are there any Japanese speaking members that have free time to translate the content of this video? It's an interview with Yuzuru and Dai. Thanks to whoever picks it up!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeuipx453Iw

Are they giving him that giant Pooh Bear?
    Last edited by FTnoona; 04-03-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Page 19 of 648 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 519 ... LastLast