Page 190 of 2659 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 240 290 690 1190 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 39872

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    This SP is a long wait with our man Yuzu as #29 to perform. Do you guys have live feed links? I am only able to see the scores via the ISU website.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by foruiz View Post
    This SP is a long wait with our man Yuzu as #29 to perform. Do you guys have live feed links? I am only able to see the scores via the ISU website.
    Please try this: http://www.tvole.com/livestream/1/67...tvshow-tv.html. It works for me here in Seoul. Thanks to Caroliza fan.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    please, don't feed the trolls!
    Oh

I found a video Nobunari Oda is talking about Yuzuru, although I'm not sure you can see this outside Japan. I hope you can. Also I'm sorry I have no skill to shorten it as Nobunari's part is rather short.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1jqmbf

Four Japanese athletes are talking about the skills they want.
    Nobunari wants the stoic persistence exerted by Mao and Yuzuru (12:32 - 22:15, Yuzuru's part from 20:49)

He talked how impressed by Mao's continuing efforts like an ascentic monk.
    And he complained about the points she had at Sochi for her FP. "She should have been awarded more!!!"
    Yes, Nobunari

And about Yuzuru,

Nobunari: Hanyu-kun is a very stoic and persistent athlete. It's very famous. Ice shows, for example. Basically, we choose less difficult choreography in shows. We don't have to do difficult jumps. It's OK if the audience enjoy our performance, with fun music and rendering.

But, Hanyu-kun is always damn serious, giving his 100%! He performs really seriously in every show! I sincerely admire him!
    (Laghing)
    Host: Means you are not !

Nobunari: And, you know what he said right after he won the gold medal?? He said "Frustrated"!!

Yuzuru: I was so nervous. I thought Olympics was really tough. As a result, I am happy 50%, but frustrated for the rest. It may sound weired after I won the gold medal, but honestly, I'm frustrated with disappointment.

Nobunari: Where on earth are you looking up? Where is your goal? (Laghing)
    I really think he is awesome.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    Oh

I found a video Nobunari Oda is talking about Yuzuru, although I'm not sure you can see this outside Japan. I hope you can. Also I'm sorry I have no skill to shorten it as Nobunari's part is rather short.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1jqmbf
    Oh, this is a treat. Thank you so much. Your translation are great. Especially the part when he said "Where on earth are you looking up?, that so much like him. I'm a big Oda's fan BTW.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you SuzyQ for the video and translation. They show the different and equally endearing personalities of both Yuzuru and Nobunari.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    hope Yuzu gets back on Friday despite the very daunting pressure .

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I just came back for school and I'm very sad to see the results. However, I still believe the kid can win. Maybe it's a good thing he isn't the first one after the SP and he'll have a reaction similar to Mao's at Sochi.
    Go Yuzu!

generally interested fan Esopian's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by foruiz View Post
    hope Yuzu gets back on Friday despite the very daunting pressure .
    Yeah, I hope so too. If you think about it, this is the perfect set-up for a clean quad salchow at the beginning of the FS! Everyone knows he feels frustrated from the one point deduction, so he'll work extra hard for a clean FS. He looked nervous when he was on the ice when he was ready to start the program (you can tell by his breathing a bit).

A good food analogy for the current situation on his SP is: if you've eaten the best ice cream in the world two times in a row and after a few weeks, would the ice cream taste as good as it was the first time? Probably not, though it could.

I'm just saying he has reached perfection for his SP and realized the fact. There's nothing left to prove in this category.

For the actual event, I need to go back and watch Machida's performance and see how he got 98 points!! He's the dark horse!! Fernandez skated really well too, yet I still hope for Hanyu to grab the #1 spot at Worlds. Is that still possible judging by the current point gap between him and Machida? Is it attainable?

0 Not allowed!
    Machida got 169 at the FS in Sochi with a very good performance. Yuzu got 193 points at the GPF with a fall. The kid still has a good chance to win (and maybe not so much pressure anymore)

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Yuzuru showed his fighting qualities today. From the outset he looked nervous and very young (perhaps because of the haircut?) to me. I am praying for a stellar skate from him in the free. The day off hopefully will give him time to gather himself to focus on what he needs to do to win (land the quad salchow, etc.). He can do it.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    Oh, I just came back for school and I'm very sad to see the results. However, I still believe the kid can win. Maybe it's a good thing he isn't the first one after the SP and he'll have a reaction similar to Mao's at Sochi.
    Go Yuzu!
    And he did not give up. His score and skate are pretty impressive even with the fall. That is character, even under adversity.

If his fs can be made equal to his character, the adversity of pressure on his 4S can be defeated and he can skate a whole clean program and win. I am so hoping.

Go Yuzu!

0 Not allowed!
    Yes,that's what I've noticed too...Yuzu was so ,so nervous today;before his program I thought he might faint...But now that the pressure it's not so big on him,I hope he'll perform a PERFECT LP and win!! I know he can do this! He is a fighter! GO YUZU!!

Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

0 Not allowed!
    Well SP is over. Yuzuru really seemed nervous during the warm up and that reflected since he fell on 4T, everthing else was well performed though. I think that being in 3rd place will push him to make a good FS like at worlds 2013. For now just rest Yuzu

People need to grow up , get a life and move on

0 Not allowed!
    Oda hahahaha, I guess he come from Osaka, the way he talk reminds me very much of Osaka Obachan.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Somehow I feel now he will have less pressure going to free, and he still have very good chance of winning it if he will be clean

Page 190 of 2659 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 240 290 690 1190 ... LastLast