Page 190 of 633 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 240 290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 9488

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    ^ I couldn't agree more!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Smile View Post
    Agree, and I want him to return to Canada as soon as possible in order to keep him away from the craziness there is in Japan presently.

Even as a Japanese, I have to agree with you. Too frenzy here. If he wants to concentrate on skating, I'm afraid his homeland is not the best place for a while.

But, it is a time of cherry blossoms (sakura) in Japan
    The end of this week, and the next week would be the best for o-hanami (cherry blossom viewing) around Saitama and Tokyo. I hope Orser team will enjoy o-hanami before going back to Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbzETGV5Sr8

Tripping on the Podium
    Isn't he going to stay in Japan till late April due to the ice show? I'm sure he and other guys will have time to enjoy sakura blossom

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Quote Originally Posted by littlexflower View Post
    Isn't he going to stay in Japan till late April due to the ice show? I'm sure he and other guys will have time to enjoy sakura blossom
    He also has a parade at late April

Custom Title
    Seems BOrser took pose from Pooh ..

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...007846960.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    Seems BOrser took pose from Pooh ..

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...007846960.html
    Haha :-D

That happens a lot :-D Here's one I took at TEB earlier this season: PHOTO

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post

Even as a Japanese, I have to agree with you. Too frenzy here. If he wants to concentrate on skating, I'm afraid his homeland is not the best place for a while.
    Exactly. (Please don't think I'm speaking against Japan, I love Japan so much and I've been studying Japanese for some years). The pressure he has on his shoulders must be extremely overwhelming, but he seems to be a person with steel nerves. Surely it helps the fact that he takes every hard circumstances as a challenge. There is no doubt he is a fighter

Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Haha :-D

That happens a lot :-D Here's one I took at TEB earlier this season: PHOTO
    Great photo

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Yuzuru Hanyu is a teen skater, he’s not an idol, a god, an anime/manga character, just a teenager in the real life.
    He’s a genius on the ice , you may like him or not, you may like his strong and unconventional personality or not.
    Surely everytime he competes he gaves everything he has, he always fights till the very end , he never gives up, no matter what. Big samurai spirit!

May be your friends don’t like off- ice Yuzu , but when you’re all alone in the middle of a wide ice rink with thousands of people looking at you and TV broadcasting the event worldwide , it’s impossibile to fake anything and this is the most important concept to keep in mind, IMO.

If you really want to understand Hanyu, my suggestion is to watch the SKATER carefully and all the competitions he had in his career and you may want to start from the very beginning : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMF04B_54nQ

The baby genius was already there!

I hope you ( and your friends possibly ) will enjoy Words!
    Guys thank you very much! It seems my friends and I are just the part of another culture, that's why we can't convince ourselves that Yuzu's behaviour is 99%/100% natural. I really appreciated you help, I hope you all will enjoy the Worlds and our kid's performances! All of you helped me so much, I'm glad there are such kind and thoughtful people in this blog.
    It seems that his obsession over Pooh and cute behaviour is really sincere and not made up. Right? Haha, we just can't realize that such young man can be obsessed with toys and children! But I've seen Yuzu crying many times just because of his sensibility and it can assure us that he's natural I guess...
    All Japanese skaters from the team are really nice, I also see it. By the way, do you know why the team treats Yuzu, like, coldly? Many fans from my country think that they treat Yuzu as stranger even though they are so polite and nice with him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSaytor View Post
    Guys thank you very much! It seems my friends and I are just the part of another culture, that's why we can't convince ourselves that Yuzu's behaviour is 99%/100% natural. I really appreciated you help, I hope you all will enjoy the Worlds and our kid's performances! All of you helped me so much, I'm glad there are such kind and thoughtful people in this blog.
    It seems that his obsession over Pooh and cute behaviour is really sincere and not made up. Right? Haha, we just can't realize that such young man can be obsessed with toys and children!
    All Japanese skaters from the team are really nice, I also see it. By the way, do you know why the team treats Yuzu, like, coldly? Many fans from my country think that they treat Yuzu as stranger even though they are so polite and nice with him.
    I'm not sure why you would think this....I don't see Team Japan treating Yuzuru any differently from other team members. Perhaps you only see what you want to see?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I'm not sure why you would think this....I don't see Team Japan treating Yuzuru any differently from other team members. Perhaps you only see what you want to see?
    He just didn't appear on many photos with them. He was like always far away from them. I don't want to think that the team treats Yuzu badly, I'm just worried about him. He's appeared on not so many photos while the Japanese team have been having fun together and taking photos together. He was also not with them during the closing ceremony of Olympics. He walked along with old doctor though I think it was because of such important reason as respect towards old man. Aslo, I've seen the photo where all skaters stood together but without Hanyu-san. I remember the fact that Daisuke's not admitted Yuzu's wins over him for a long time.

Custom Title
    He just didn't appear on many photos with them. He was like always far away from them. I don't want to think that the team treats Yuzu badly, I'm just worried about him. He's appeared on not so many photos while the Japanese team have been having fun together and taking photos together. He was also not with them during the closing ceremony of Olympics. He walked along with old doctor though I think it was because of such important reason as respect towards old man. Aslo, I've seen the photo where all skaters stood together but without Hanyu-san. I remember the fact that Daisuke's not admitted Yuzu's wins over him for a long time.

Some just never admits others wins :D Chan for example. Even if he loose, he will say he is the best

Tomorrow big day. Propably Parisienne Walkways for the last time Let's enjoy that

I don't think team Japan treats him differently
    I heard some comments that he is lonely (+comparisons to Yuna), but, to me, he seems sociable.

I usually don't comment about someone's personality when I don't know that person, but I like that from all the videos, photos, articles etc, you can see a normal teenager. He isn't an ice legend like Plushenko, Yagudin or Yuna. He isn't untouchable. He shares with the audience all his emotions. You know, I remember the way he laid down on the ice after the FS from Finlandia 2013, the way he screamed during the FS at 2012 Worlds..I love that he acts the way he feels.

Custom Title
    I must say that I also noticed it, especially some years ago... apart from kanako he didn't seem really close to anyone else, but in the last two years it seemed to change IMO, like I saw all the member of team japan interact with him way more often during competition, etc... I'm probably just over-thinking this, but maybe it was something along the lines of the new kid who is VERY competitive (something nearly anyone said about him) and much younger ( and that never helps) and that came in an already strong and well balanced group? anyway I think that even if this was real and not just something that my mind made up, I would say that it has changed and we shouldn't worry about it

Custom Title
    Perhaps he misses out on a lot of "team building" and "networking" - due to training in Canada.

Page 190 of 633 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 240 290 ... LastLast