Page 21 of 579 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 8673

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #301
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    I'd actually just want to pinch his cheeks, as his sister, or mother... I don't care. I'm not old enough to be his mother, but I'd adopt him anytime

    But I really don't like that thought of Hanyu already taking pain killers to perform :/
    He's just 17, he will have so many other opportunities to make an impact at worlds - I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to injurys and stuff, but this probably didn't help his body. He'll have plenty of time to risk his own health for a medal, no need to start so early...
    As impressive as this is, regarding his strong will and determination to perform here and to do it well, he should really think about his own health before anything else.
    Poor baby
    I always wanted to pinch his cheeks....I can't be his mother, but I can be his elder sister *nods*

    It's not uncommon for young athletes to take pain killers to perform. I believe Yu-Na had to take it in 2007 so she can finish her LP. If Hanyu was representing another country other than Japan, then yes, he will have many opportunities to perform. But unfortunately, he's representing a country with such a deep field where any one of the top 3 guys can end up on the podium at World's. Yuzuru's goal was to make the World Team this year, and surely, he has done it. It will take a lot of pain for him to give up that spot. He wasn't risking his own health for a medal, because I honestly think he was skating for the people of Sendai. He admitted his goal was to skate in the Exhibition (of course I am pretty sure he wants to medal too).

    His injury doesn't appear to be too severe as he can walk fine, and he is still going to school. I think a few weeks off the ice will do the trick

  2. #302
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki
    I always wanted to pinch his cheeks....I can't be his mother, but I can be his elder sister *nods*

    It's not uncommon for young athletes to take pain killers to perform. I believe Yu-Na had to take it in 2007 so she can finish her LP. If Hanyu was representing another country other than Japan, then yes, he will have many opportunities to perform. But unfortunately, he's representing a country with such a deep field where any one of the top 3 guys can end up on the podium at World's. Yuzuru's goal was to make the World Team this year, and surely, he has done it. It will take a lot of pain for him to give up that spot. He wasn't risking his own health for a medal, because I honestly think he was skating for the people of Sendai. He admitted his goal was to skate in the Exhibition (of course I am pretty sure he wants to medal too).

    His injury doesn't appear to be too severe as he can walk fine, and he is still going to school. I think a few weeks off the ice will do the trick
    Haha, we can construct a whole family around this young boy xD

    Well, guess I worry too much (and I honestly do), it's just that my father was a sportsman too (although no figure skater), and some of those stories about competing with injury aren't pretty. But I guess you're right
    Hope he takes his time to recover. No jumping quads left and right one after another for now, young man!

    But about the situation in japan... I don't think this should have been a matter here. Kozuka didn't perform near his potential, and he wouldn't get past Daisuke for now anyway. It's going to depend on the start of his next season, the one way or the other ^^
    And I'm afraid Oda isn't going to make it to another WC, no matter what. The JSF shouldn't be stupid enough to risk their future.

  3. #303
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Haha, we can construct a whole family around this young boy xD

    Well, guess I worry too much (and I honestly do), it's just that my father was a sportsman too (although no figure skater), and some of those stories about competing with injury aren't pretty. But I guess you're right
    Hope he takes his time to recover. No jumping quads left and right one after another for now, young man!

    But about the situation in japan... I don't think this should have been a matter here. Kozuka didn't perform near his potential, and he wouldn't get past Daisuke for now anyway. It's going to depend on the start of his next season, the one way or the other ^^
    And I'm afraid Oda isn't going to make it to another WC, no matter what. The JSF shouldn't be stupid enough to risk their future.
    A sprained ankle is a very common injury among athletes and even non-athletes. The fact that he had to train even with a sprained ankle made it worse, hence it had to take pain killers to control the drilling pain. A few weeks, or even a month (since it's only early April) off the ice won't kill his preparation for ice shows or the next season. He has a lot of time to recover

    It's hard to say in the case of Japan, especially after the pain of not making it on the World team last year. There was a video where Yuzuru said Gachinski's bronze medal at WC last year made him furious he wasn't there to compete. Yuzuru defeated Gachinski all season in 2009-2010 as Juniors. Yuzuru is a very determined and competitive boy to the point where it scares me (refer to his reaction after his ending pose in the LP then his smiley face at K&C....). Besides, he wants to be like Plushenko and participate in two or more Olympics. Now is the best time to get his name out there internationally, so it will take a lot for Yuzuru to give up his world spot in which he trained so hard to earn.

    Well said, JSF wouldn't risk their future. If they do, they are ridiculous..... unless Oda wins the GPF Final next year, there is no way he is going to knock any one of Kozuka, Takahashi or Hanyu out of the World Team.

  4. #304
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki
    It's hard to say in the case of Japan, especially after the pain of not making it on the World team last year. There was a video where Yuzuru said Gachinski's bronze medal at WC last year made him furious he wasn't there to compete. Yuzuru defeated Gachinski all season in 2009-2010 as Juniors. Yuzuru is a very determined and competitive boy to the point where it scares me (refer to his reaction after his ending pose in the LP then his smiley face at K&C....). Besides, he wants to be like Plushenko and participate in two or more Olympics. Now is the best time to get his name out there internationally, so it will take a lot for Yuzuru to give up his world spot in which he trained so hard to earn.

    Well said, JSF wouldn't risk their future. If they do, they are ridiculous..... unless Oda wins the GPF Final next year, there is no way he is going to knock any one of Kozuka, Takahashi or Hanyu out of the World Team.
    Haha, I just thought the same about his highly different expressions and that a little scary ending pose. Like he had a little Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - thing going on
    It's really impressive, how he could have already made a really great splash at worlds last year. But I really think he passed Oda for now, I'd be more worried for Kozuka at this point, cause Hanyu is so young and already capable of two quads (his 4S ... he said he'd try to have 2 quads in his LP next season, I'm so eager to see it!). Plus in those listings of personal bests the ISU has Hanyu had already surpassed Odas best with what he put out at the GPF in the LP. Just slightly, but he did. He pretty much ran him over now with that performance....

    But Oda was always a good GP skater
    Then again, the world medalists are going to different events, are they not? He'd need to beat Chan, Takahashi or Hanyu directly then. Can't really see that happening at all, even if I'm a little sorry for Oda.

  5. #305
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Haha, I just thought the same about his highly different expressions and that a little scary ending pose. Like he had a little Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - thing going on
    It's really impressive, how he could have already made a really great splash at worlds last year. But I really think he passed Oda for now, I'd be more worried for Kozuka at this point, cause Hanyu is so young and already capable of two quads (his 4S ... he said he'd try to have 2 quads in his LP next season, I'm so eager to see it!). Plus in those listings of personal bests the ISU has Hanyu had already surpassed Odas best with what he put out at the GPF in the LP. Just slightly, but he did. He pretty much ran him over now with that performance....

    But Oda was always a good GP skater
    Then again, the world medalists are going to different events, are they not? He'd need to beat Chan, Takahashi or Hanyu directly then. Can't really see that happening at all, even if I'm a little sorry for Oda.
    Yep, I believe the top 3 medalist do not meet until the GPF (if they make it that far). That is why I was saying with Evan's "comeback", he will be head to head with one or two of the medalist in the GP series. Imagine what this will do to both Evan and Yuzuru's ego if Yuzuru defeated the Olympic Champion since they've never competed against each other :P

    Oda is a good GP skater, so if he manages to win the GPF somehow, he will be back on the radar. The battle for the World team slots will be very very interesting. Anyone know if he is going to get 2 GP entries next season??

    I hope Yuzuru has a very speedy and good recovery!! Injuries are common in figure skating, but do take care of your body! Does he still skate only 7 hours a week? I heard he doesn't do any off ice training, so maybe he should consider that to improve his core strength. It sucks that he has asthma and considers himself 'physically weak' because imagine what he can do if he had more physical strength.

  6. #306
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,801
    Yuzuru Hanyu is amazing and lovable. His range of expression--especially for a 17-year-old--is very impressive, too.

    So happy for his World Bronze (completely deserved). I wish him the best, going forward. I have heard him say he admires both Johnny Weir and Evgeni Plushenko, and I definitely see how they would have inspired him.

  7. #307
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,033
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9f7CTQdGiA

    As he returns to Sendai - 60 students from his high school and a bunch of other people are waiting for his arrival. His coach is there too

    Wish I paid more attention in Japanese school 'cause I can't understand much of the video ;'( Here's my best effort:

    He arrived at the Sendai train station late because of the strong winds. I think it says Yuzuru is going to make gradual improvements each season to reach the Sochi Olympics. In the future, he is going to try different types of quads.
    Last edited by Becki; 04-04-2012 at 10:24 PM.

  8. #308
    kilyca
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Yuzuru Hanyu is amazing and lovable. His range of expression--especially for a 17-year-old--is very impressive, too.

    So happy for his World Bronze (completely deserved). I wish him the best, going forward. I have heard him say he admires both Johnny Weir and Evgeni Plushenko, and I definitely see how they would have inspired him.
    Yes. He embodies respect obediently. As can be seen, Bielmannspin of Plushenko, Elegance of Johnny, Inabauer of Sizuka.
    So they feel a sense of closeness to Yuzuru and support him. and they give him courage.
    Plushenko said in this way whenever he met Yuzuru. "Surpass me!"
    Johnny did Costume Design of the last season for Yuzuru. and cheer by twitter.
    I love all of them, so I'm glad!

  9. #309
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,801
    Yuzuru's jumping ability makes him something of a prodigy, too--just as Plushenko was a jumping prodigy as well.

    It is hard not to cheer for someone with such enthusiasm, excellence, and support for his fellow skaters.

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    As he returns to Sendai - 60 students from his high school and a bunch of other people are waiting for his arrival.
    They did pretty much the same after Cup of Russia. It's a tradition! Sendai is not a super big city like Tokyo or Osaka. No wonder that people are so excited to have a new celebrity around.

  11. #311
    kilyca
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9f7CTQdGiA

    As he returns to Sendai - 60 students from his high school and a bunch of other people are waiting for his arrival. His coach is there too

    Wish I paid more attention in Japanese school 'cause I can't understand much of the video ;'( I think it says Yuzuru is going to make gradual improvements each season to reach the Sochi Olympics. In the future, he is going to try different types of quads.
    I translated it.

    Announcer )Hanyu came back to Sendai. He was the third place wonderfully in the world championship in Nice, France, and he acquired a bronze medal. Under the influence of strong wind, the arrival of the Shinkansen was approximately four hours late. A large number of people met his arrival and gave words of celebration to him. And 60 students of Tohoku High School met him and gave him bouquets of celebration.

    Yuzuru ) Thank you for having been waiting for a long time on such a hard day. (such a strong wind.) I feel surprise and delight in that I got result of the third place. And, I'm glad to be able to tell it to all of you.

    Announcer ) Hanyu promised further level-up (improvement) for the Olympics two years later.

    Yuzuru ) I think that it became the first step for participation. I strengthen basic physical strength in the next season and increase the kinds of the quadruple jump and want to work hard to put up my ability.

    Announcer)Hanyu mentions stamina lack about the fall, in free program. And he seems to do body training thoroughly.
    Another announcer)He will be to be tired from appearance to TV and long-distance travel. At first we want him to take a rest slowly.


    Yuzuru uses the word "Level up" well. Boys of the video game enthusiast use it well, in a meaning of the improvement.
    He didn't talk about sprain of his right foot. I think that he didn't want to make people worry about him.
    Last edited by kilyca; 04-04-2012 at 10:36 PM.

  12. #312
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,033
    Thank you Kilyca! I rewatched the video, and was only able to add "arrived late because of strong winds" in addition to what I understood. What is "living room gig"?

    Btw, Yuzuru really stands out among his classmates!! He looks so handsome
    Last edited by Becki; 04-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.

  13. #313
    kilyca
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Thank you Kilyca! I rewatched the video, and was only able to add "arrived late because of strong winds" in addition to what I understood. What is "living room gig"?

    Btw, Yuzuru really stands out among his classmates!! He looks so handsome
    It's "Appearance to TV".
    I correct it so. sorry.
    The words that my friend singer taught me before. "living-room gig" Was this slang?
    I misunderstood it and might remember it.

    His classmates are elites of baseball and other sports, too. But Yuzu is outstanding most.
    Last edited by kilyca; 04-04-2012 at 10:52 PM.

  14. #314
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    571
    Here's another video of the team Japan medalist. Yuzuru's reaction to getting a medal is cute.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RjxbTQXiik4

    People from Mao's fan forum that attended the practice session for the gala said Hanyu was jumping a lot of 3A. Hopefully he doesn't push himself too much and make the injury worse. Better to take time off when it isn't too serious than to get surgery >.<
    Last edited by FTnoona; 04-04-2012 at 10:50 PM.

  15. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    311
    Durning Hanyu's thrilling FP performance, P.J. Kwong commented he was 'going through laundry list of jumps'. What a lame and stupid commentator. I'm surprised they're still keeping her on air, for what? She has absolutely no chrismas, not particularly knowlegeable, no excitement, her commentary is usually a 'laundry list of jump and spin counts'..

Page 21 of 579 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •