Page 22 of 581 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 522 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Durning Hanyu's thrilling FP performance, P.J. Kwong commented he was 'going through laundry list of jumps'. What a lame and stupid commentator. I'm surprised they're still keeping her on air, for what? She has absolutely no chrismas, not particularly knowlegeable, no excitement, her commentary is usually a 'laundry list of jump and spin counts'..
    Her words were along the lines of "I wish he would pay more attention to the choreography instead of going through a laundry list of jumps". I don't know how to comprehend that because Yuzuru was interpreting the music to the best of his ability, and we can all feel and see that. But PJ is a lot better than the Universal Sports commentator, he is just plain unknowledgable and uncharismatic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Her words were along the lines of "I wish he would pay more attention to the choreography instead of going through a laundry list of jumps". I don't know how to comprehend that because Yuzuru was interpreting the music to the best of his ability, and we can all feel and see that. But PJ is a lot better than the Universal Sports commentator, he is just plain unknowledgable and uncharismatic.
    It's accurate to say she pretends to be knowlegeable. Her commentary usually is quite lame.

Custom Title
    Durning Hanyu's thrilling FP performance, P.J. Kwong commented he was 'going through laundry list of jumps'. What a lame and stupid commentator. I'm surprised they're still keeping her on air, for what? She has absolutely no chrismas, not particularly knowlegeable, no excitement, her commentary is usually a 'laundry list of jump and spin counts'..
    Was she also at the GPF commenting with Kurt and another person, kinda sounded like her? PJ isn't the first to think he is just checking off jumps, Michael Weiss has a similar feeling. Hanyu's just not everyone's cup of tea. The commentators that were covering the GPF seemed to really like Hanyu. Kurt in particular seemed to enjoy Hanyu's skating and said something along the lines of he "doesn't give up the program to get in the jumps".
    Last edited by FTnoona; 04-04-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Was she also at the GPF commenting with Kurt and another person? The commentators at that time seemed to really like him. Kurt in particular seemed to enjoy Hanyu's skating and said something along the lines of he "doesn't give up the program to get in the jumps".
    I believe that was Tracy Wilson, who is a coach (?) at the Toronto Cricket Club.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I believe that was Tracy Wilson, who is a coach (?) at the Toronto Cricket Club.
    Weren't there three people? It sounded like there were two females and one male.

Banned
    Weren't there three people? It sounded like there were two females and one male.
    I'd rather trust the audience much more than those usual suspects from Canada.

Custom Title
    I'd rather trust the audience much more than those usual suspects from Canada.
    Kurt really liked him and had positive things to say about him. Does anyone know if he covered worlds? I'm interested to hear Michael Weiss commentary on Hanyu's FS if he covered worlds. Did not enjoy Peter Carruthers and the other person at all for any of the skaters.
    Last edited by FTnoona; 04-05-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Banned
    Kurt really liked him and had positive things to say about him. .
    They all 'like' him and Takahashi as long as they are permanently placed under Chan...

Custom Title
    Hanyu is likely Patrick's biggest threat in the next couple of years, so no wonder the Canadians (including certain posters) are trying to put him down all the time, which is ridiculous. If they can remove all the national pride and loyalty aside, they'd able to see this is one special skater. It is good then to see Kurt who I totally respect seems to really appreciate this kid who is certainly more than just about laundry list of jumps which is more than what I can say about certain potty mouthed skater prone to inflation when he was 17.
    Last edited by os168; 04-05-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Hanyu is likely Patrick's biggest threat in the next couple of years, so no wonder the Canadians (including certain posters) are trying to put him down all the time, which is ridiculous. If they can remove all the national pride and loyalty aside, they'd able to see this is one special skater. It is good then to see Kurt who I totally respect seems to really appreciate this kid who is certainly more than just about laundry list of jumps which is more than what I can say about certain potty mouthed skater prone to inflation when he was 17.
    It could be just a trivial envy. After all Hanyu was the only teen after those arrogant Russians who could medal at worlds at his first appearance. And his FS with some laundry list of jumps beats all possible records on youtube- almost 268,908 views on raptor2205 channel just after a few days. You go, boy!
    People from Mao's fan forum that attended the practice session for the gala said Hanyu was jumping a lot of 3A.
    He and Dai were actually the only two who landed 3A in gala. They didn't play safe or easy even at exhibition, just like professionals are supposed to do. I wish he would get better and would take part in gala at WTT as a guest skater. But it seems unlikely since he is not taking part in the event.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoahbBsaEwo

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by let's talk
    He and Dai were actually the only two who landed 3A in gala. They didn't play safe or easy even at exhibition, just like professionals are supposed to do.
    They're both just amazing, aren't they? That's something you can see in pretty much all of their performances, eventhough Hanyu is getting tired at the end, they really want to give the crowd their due. They're not just trying to catch marks or medals, they really want to entertain the crowd and give them what they want to see.
    No wonder people in the audience are loving them!=D

I feel the need to agree about some people trying to talk Hanyu down, especially from the 'Chan side'. He had about 92 in TES this time, that's just 4 points less than Chans performance at last years worlds! If Hanyu adds the 4S, maybe instead of the 3S, he'd get 6 points more in BV already... and would likely beat Chan with his current jump layout in TES, maybe even if clean. Of course he doesn't have the PCS.... yet
    Chan will know that aswell, so I think he'll step it up to next season, maybe adding a second 3A or something... but I fear more difficulty will lead to more mistakes again. And than the arguments will just pop up again and again.
    (Although of course, for some people there doesn't need to be an ill will or something, they might just not like his skating and look for different things in a skater... but P.J. Kwong definitly belongs to the group of people that tend to make me shake my head at best.)
    Kurt Browing made it clear he loved hanyu more than once, didn't he? Wasn't he even the one to say he was one of the candidates for bronze?
    And wasn't he the one who said this WC made it clear to him Takahashi was the best skater worldwide by now? He doesn't seem to be much into Chan in my eyes "xD

Custom Title
    Maybe PJ Wong is starting to feel the heat for her boy Chan. After all for all the great men's skaters that Canada has had they still have never won an Olympic gold medal. Now comes along this kid who can jump better then Chan could at his age and has two more years to improve.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Maybe PJ Wong is starting to feel the heat for her boy Chan. After all for all the great men's skaters that Canada has had they still have never won an Olympic gold medal. Now comes along this kid who can jump better then Chan could at his age and has two more years to improve.
    Let's be honest, Hanyu is a phenom. I haven't read any comments on Chan's fans trying to bring Hanyu down, but that is a sign that Hanyu is a big threat to him. May they all keep improving and challenge each other

Custom Title
    The last time we will be seeing this face. It's a shame about WTT but his health come first
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...8o2_r1_500.gif

I wonder if they will have his jump faces in his photobook. Those are so intense
    Last edited by FTnoona; 04-05-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Custom Title
    The last time we will be seeing this face. It's a shame about WTT but his health come first
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...8o2_r1_500.gif

I wonder if they will have his jump faces in his photobook. Those are so intense
    That face alone deserves +3 GOE.

Page 22 of 581 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 522 ... LastLast