Page 26 of 629 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 76 126 526 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 9429

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #376
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    95
    I was blown away with Yuzuru Hanyu's freeskate at the 2012 Worlds. He is so special!!!! He is supremely talented but I believe what separates him from all of the top male skaters in the world including Daiske Takahashi is his abiltity to connect to the audience. He skates with heart and soul and true emotion which is just unbelievable for a 17 year old. I predict he will be a world and an olympic champion! I am 53 years old and have seen many great skaters but have never been as moved as I was by the Romeo and Juliet Freeskate of Yuzuru Hanyu. I just adore him.

  2. #377
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,242
    Kimganos, Welcome to Golden Skate! We hope you post long and often!

  3. #378
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by kimganos View Post
    I was blown away with Yuzuru Hanyu's freeskate at the 2012 Worlds. He is so special!!!! He is supremely talented but I believe what separates him from all of the top male skaters in the world including Daiske Takahashi is his abiltity to connect to the audience. He skates with heart and soul and true emotion which is just unbelievable for a 17 year old. I predict he will be a world and an olympic champion! I am 53 years old and have seen many great skaters but have never been as moved as I was by the Romeo and Juliet Freeskate of Yuzuru Hanyu. I just adore him.
    I predict the same If this forum still exists in the next couple of years, I'll come back to show my posts to non-Yuzuru believers, just to tell them "I told you so"

  4. #379
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Anyone who purchased Yuzuru's book received it yet? Please share the details

  5. #380
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    16
    I just wanna ask one (maybe stupid) question: How did you know Yuzuru was injured before the FS in Worlds 2012? I really need the source to do a informative research paper on him @_@ Thanks in advance!

  6. #381
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattou View Post
    I just wanna ask one (maybe stupid) question: How did you know Yuzuru was injured before the FS in Worlds 2012? I really need the source to do a informative research paper on him @_@ Thanks in advance!
    Sources: in Japanese, though...

    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...8-jij-spo.html

    During the press conference on WTT for Japanese media on Apr 4th, Mr. Ito of JSF explained them the reason for Yuzuru's withdrawal from WTT owing to his anckle injury. He twisted it in Nice, during a practice?, I do not know exactly when. But as a result he needed an injection, a painkiller prior to his LP and skated it that great. Unbelievable, isn't it?

  7. #382
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Sources: in Japanese, though...

    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...8-jij-spo.html

    During the press conference on WTT for Japanese media on Apr 4th, Mr. Ito of JSF explained them the reason for Yuzuru's withdrawal from WTT owing to his anckle injury. He twisted it in Nice, during a practice?, I do not know exactly when. But as a result he needed an injection, a painkiller prior to his LP and skated it that great. Unbelievable, isn't it?
    Thank you so much for the information. Yuzuru surely is amazing. It's still unbelievable to think he actually did all that phenomenal things with a sprained ankle. Such concentration and determination!

  8. #383
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I predict the same If this forum still exists in the next couple of years, I'll come back to show my posts to non-Yuzuru believers, just to tell them "I told you so"
    I will be right there with you Becki! I heard an annoucner say recently at one of the Grand Prix events this season that Jeremy Abbot had the best triple axel in the business. While I agree that Jeremy has a great one, I think Yuzuru's is the best one that I've ever seen. The height, the speed going into and out of it and the coverage across the ice is astounding, not to mention his quad toe loop which is equally as amazing. Patrick Chan is a fabulous skater but I don't believe he has the OGM at Sochi locked up!! There is a super talented rising star in his rear view mirror named Yuzuru! It is going to be an exciting time in men's figureskating in the next couple of years for sure!

  9. #384
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    95
    Thank You! I am delighted to be here!

  10. #385
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Kimganos, Welcome to Golden Skate! We hope you post long and often!
    Thank You Doris! I am delighted to be here!

  11. #386
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattou View Post
    Thank you so much for the information. Yuzuru surely is amazing. It's still unbelievable to think he actually did all that phenomenal things with a sprained ankle. Such concentration and determination!
    Wow! He skated with a sprained ankle? What????? Like you said, such concentration and determination! Not too mention what he has endured with so much loss and tragedy in his home town of Sendai, Japan since the tsunami and earthquake! He skates with so much passion! Luv him! I have watched his freeskate several times and each time I am so touched and impressed with this uber:talented young man!

  12. #387
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by kimganos View Post
    I will be right there with you Becki! I heard an annoucner say recently at one of the Grand Prix events this season that Jeremy Abbot had the best triple axel in the business. While I agree that Jeremy has a great one, I think Yuzuru's is the best one that I've ever seen. The height, the speed going into and out of it and the coverage across the ice is astounding, not to mention his quad toe loop which is equally as amazing. Patrick Chan is a fabulous skater but I don't believe he has the OGM at Sochi locked up!! There is a super talented rising star in his rear view mirror named Yuzuru! It is going to be an exciting time in men's figureskating in the next couple of years for sure!
    ITA! His 3A-3T is the most beautiful thing ever!! I can watch it over and over again. IMO, Yuzuru has the best triple axel in the business - I heard it's also his favourite jump :D

  13. #388
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattou View Post
    I just wanna ask one (maybe stupid) question: How did you know Yuzuru was injured before the FS in Worlds 2012? I really need the source to do a informative research paper on him @_@ Thanks in advance!
    That sounds like such a fun paper to write!!!

    When watching his FS, I actually thought he might've been injured. Of course, I wanted to be proven wrong but I noticed he was a little off balance in his spins and step sequence compared to the usual nice flow.

    Good luck on your paper!!

  14. #389
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    That sounds like such a fun paper to write!!!

    When watching his FS, I actually thought he might've been injured. Of course, I wanted to be proven wrong but I noticed he was a little off balance in his spins and step sequence compared to the usual nice flow.

    Good luck on your paper!!
    Yep, I'm excited about my paper. I'm working on it right now, and thanks

    So did I. I actually noticed that his spins were slower and not as stable as before. His step sequences were also... like there was something that held him back a little bit, so they were also kinda slower to me. But whatever happened, he still managed to pull out a supreme program!



    Quote Originally Posted by kimganos View Post
    Wow! He skated with a sprained ankle? What????? Like you said, such concentration and determination! Not too mention what he has endured with so much loss and tragedy in his home town of Sendai, Japan since the tsunami and earthquake! He skates with so much passion! Luv him! I have watched his freeskate several times and each time I am so touched and impressed with this uber:talented young man!
    Yes, he skates with so much passion. I never get tired of watching him skating. It's powerful, amazing, touched, and delightful at the same time. You should check this out if you want to know where he got his strength to move forward: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/masqueradew...ive/2012/03/08
    Last edited by Nattou; 04-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.

  15. #390
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattou View Post
    Yep, I'm excited about my paper. I'm working on it right now, and thanks

    So did I. I actually noticed that his spins were slower and not as stable as before. His step sequences were also... like there was something that held him back a little bit, so they were also kinda slower to me. But whatever happened, he still managed to pull out a supreme program!





    Yes, he skates with so much passion. I never get tired of watching him skating. It's powerful, amazing, touched, and delightful at the same time. You should check this out if you want to know where he got his strength to move forward: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/masqueradew...ive/2012/03/08
    Sometimes I wish I can find someone like Yuzuru (preferably someone my age). He seems like a very fine boy

Page 26 of 629 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 76 126 526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •