Page 27 of 706 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 127 527 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Sometimes I wish I can find someone like Yuzuru (preferably someone my age). He seems like a very fine boy
    You mean you wanna have a friend like him? Me too. He'd inspire me so much in life, seriously. Haha~ Yuzuru is such a rare creature.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattou View Post
    You mean you wanna have a friend like him? Me too. He'd inspire me so much in life, seriously. Haha~ Yuzuru is such a rare creature.
    Yeah exactly! It would be even better if Yuzuru was my friend....I don't think I'll ever consider giving up with him around lol. If he was my little brother, I would want to protect him forever (hehehe)

Btw, I discovered this today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=I8MNx9QmR8A

Nanami Sensei's words made Yuzuru teary awwwwwww. He's such an emotional yet strong boy. Check out his expression @ 10:41....so kawaii (cute)!!!! I am so glad there are so many Yuzuru fans on this forum, so I can share all the videos with you guys ^^
    Last edited by Becki; 04-11-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Rinkside
    Yeah exactly! It would be even better if Yuzuru was my friend....I don't think I'll ever consider giving up with him around lol. If he was my little brother, I would want to protect him forever (hehehe)

Btw, I discovered this today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=I8MNx9QmR8A

Nanami Sensei's words made Yuzuru teary awwwwwww. He's such an emotional yet strong boy. Check out his expression @ 10:41....so kawaii (cute)!!!! I am so glad there are so many Yuzuru fans on this forum, so I can share all the videos with you guys ^^
    Exactly, yes, exactly. I'd never think about giving up if he were around. Just looking at him inspires me so much. I'd say he completely changed my point of view and perception. I wonder what would happen if we were friends (:"P Then I could watch those beautiful jumps and step sequences whenever I want to (⊙▽⊙)

OMG, I just found this out on Tumblr too. I watched it before without subtitle, and I was like "Noooooooooooooooo~~~~" because I didn't understand a thing except for "Arigatou" *lol* I like it when he just said it straightforward "I was tired" when they were talking about the fall. Honestly, it's the fall the left such a huge huge huge impact on me. I don't think I'll ever forget the image of him trying to stand up and keep going strongly! And yeah, he surely is emotional, which makes me wanna pad his head so bad (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) And yeah, his reaction at 10:41 is hilarious. So cute! XD

I'm glad that I found this forum, or else I'd be excited alone, and that's not good >_<

Custom Title
    Exactly, yes, exactly. I'd never think about giving up if he were around. Just looking at him inspires me so much. I'd say he completely changed my point of view and perception. I wonder what would happen if we were friends (:"P Then I could watch those beautiful jumps and step sequences whenever I want to (⊙▽⊙)

OMG, I just found this out on Tumblr too. I watched it before without subtitle, and I was like "Noooooooooooooooo~~~~" because I didn't understand a thing except for "Arigatou" *lol* I like it when he just said it straightforward "I was tired" when they were talking about the fall. Honestly, it's the fall the left such a huge huge huge impact on me. I don't think I'll ever forget the image of him trying to stand up and keep going strongly! And yeah, he surely is emotional, which makes me wanna pad his head so bad (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) And yeah, his reaction at 10:41 is hilarious. So cute! XD

I'm glad that I found this forum, or else I'd be excited alone, and that's not good >_<
    Yes, I like his straightforwardness. Although, we now know his knee was probably hurting and that's why he fell :'(

I always wanted to pinch his cheeks!! He's sooooooo adorable!!! I am too emotionally invested in his performances, so that when he falls, my heart scatters :'( But yes, the fall also left a huge impact on me. I felt his strength, courage and determination when he quickly recovered from the unexpected fall to land a beautiful 3A-3T. It was like he was sending the Earthquake victims a message to never give up even after falling so deeply (in a literal sense).
    Last edited by Becki; 04-11-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Custom Title
    Good news for Yuzuru fans:

The newest edition of 'World Figure Skate No.53' magazine will feature Yuzuru on its front cover!
    Scheduled to be published on Apr 21, 2012.

Isn't it the very first time to cover the magazine's front page by himself for Yuzu?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/440331072...g93.fc2.com%2F

I did not check the previous posts, so my apologies in advance if someone already posted somewhere on this topic...
    Last edited by deedee1; 04-14-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    I did not check the previous posts, so my apologies in advance if someone already posted somewhere on this topic...
    No, I don't think it was posted here earlier. But it was mentioned guess where- on Plush forum on March 4th, when the previous issue with Plush on the cover showed up. The infomation that Hanyu would be the cover boy in the next issue was available then, in March. So, we speculated that Japanese WFS guys seemed to know in advance that Hanyu will rock at Worlds. And yes, it's his first appearance on the WFS cover. Before him, from November 2009, Kanako and Miki was on the cover once, Mao- twice, Dai- four times (!) . What a "surprise." Only four foreign skaters could make their way to be on the cover: Liza (yeah!, that little one, and the only female foreign skater), Evan and Stephane- once, Plush- twice, which was quite natural considering his popularity in J-land.

Rinkside
    Thank you Kilyca for all your translation work!! I really appreciate it. Hanyu is such a precious inspiration and I hope he continues to work hard (have no injuries) and win the gold medal at the Sochi Olympic Games! :D

Rinkside
    Also, not sure if anyone's posted it, but I found the HD video of Hanyu's free skate with no commentary while reading an article from examiner dot com. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOQliU_zSa8

Hanyu skates with such fearless abandon on the ice. He really goes accelerating into those jumps. I love this kind of figure skating. There's no fear or calculation, just pure skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    No, I don't think it was posted here earlier. But it was mentioned guess where- on Plush forum on March 4th, when the previous issue with Plush on the cover showed up. The infomation that Hanyu would be the cover boy in the next issue was available then, in March. So, we speculated that Japanese WFS guys seemed to know in advance that Hanyu will rock at Worlds. And yes, it's his first appearance on the WFS cover. Before him, from November 2009, Kanako and Miki was on the cover once, Mao- twice, Dai- four times (!) . What a "surprise." Only four foreign skaters could make their way to be on the cover: Liza (yeah!, that little one, and the only female foreign skater), Evan and Stephane- once, Plush- twice, which was quite natural considering his popularity in J-land.
    Thanks a lot, let's talk!

OT but I have always wanted to thank YOU, let's talk, for all your updates on Japanese skaters on this Forum in the past.
    I am sure other members who recently joined to post here feel the same way.
    Glad that I could do that (=to thank you) finally today!

Quote Originally Posted by k1ttykatk1t View Post
    Also, not sure if anyone's posted it, but I found the HD video of Hanyu's free skate with no commentary while reading an article from examiner dot com. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOQliU_zSa8

Hanyu skates with such fearless abandon on the ice. He really goes accelerating into those jumps. I love this kind of figure skating. There's no fear or calculation, just pure skating.
    Thank you! Great quality video. He is such a talent.

Custom Title

I think you hit the nail on the head here: Yuzuru is absolutely fearless on the ice when he is on. He commits heart and soul to his performances, and it is incredibly thrilling to watch. Above all, I hope Yuzuru continues to keep this quality of his skating even as he matures (as well as that adorable Winnie the Pooh tissue box).

Rinkside
    can yuzuru speak english? i can't seem to find any clips of him speaking....

btw does anyone else notice that yuzuru does the "cross" during the beginning of his programs. I reckon he's probably christian?
    Becki, did you see this video clip? :D Right at the end! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNPh2ZzNTBw

Rinkside
    Becki, did you see this video clip? :D Right at the end! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNPh2ZzNTBw
    You should check this out too, around 9:03

Rinkside
    You should check this out too, around 9:03
    Nattou, please post the link again :D Thank you!!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head here: Yuzuru is absolutely fearless on the ice when he is on. He commits heart and soul to his performances, and it is incredibly thrilling to watch. Above all, I hope Yuzuru continues to keep this quality of his skating even as he matures (as well as that adorable Winnie the Pooh tissue box).
    Yea, I totally agree. He goes all out with each move, each jump and each spin. I really hope he keeps this quality too. It makes him so exciting to watch! :D

Page 27 of 706 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 127 527 ... LastLast