Page 278 of 2740 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 328 378 778 1278 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 41089

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

fairy dust distributor Pamigena's Avatar
    second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhateverHime View Post
    @Pamina: Yeah, sadly it can't be seen in Germany via YouTube. But you can see it here: http://www.trilulilu.ro/hall-of-fame...yu-new-version Thank you
    thank you, I really appreciate the effort
    unfortunately I get the same error message, only in a different language
    like I said, the internet really has it in for me today even in foreign languages as it turns out. very nice.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post

Anyone has news about when will he come back to Canada for training?
    Well, he got one more ice show in May 10th and 11th. So perhaps after that. He also got one or two in June and July. So either he flys back and forth or he stays in Japan longer. I guess it might be the former. Otherwise how could he prepare for new season?

Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Oh my, I just saw that Ana (@WhateverHime) revised her Hall of Fame video and she now included bits of commentary from British Eurosport, etc.!
    Must see for any Yuzuru fan! Congratulations and thanks Ana!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Tjbu3wg14#t=126
    Thanks for sharing! I think I like this version even more

Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    Denis Ten has wonderful posture, and Kovtun is pretty good in the posture department as well...some of their individual techniques are superior to Hanyu's...but it is Hanyu with his iffy posture, and his rough-around-the-edges skating is what makes me feel something.
    The others make me say, good, nice, well done, Hanyu makes me say 'wow!'
    Hanyu, Takahashi, recently Machida, Fernandez, Jason Brown, have that 'it' factor.
    I still hope he will improve, but the secret to Hanyu's success does not lie in posture.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by roxella View Post
    Here is the picture...if you haven't seen it yet

http://instagram.com/p/l9C5QVHHzF/
    thank you!!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    Denis Ten has wonderful posture, and Kovtun is pretty good in the posture department as well...some of their individual techniques are superior to Hanyu's...but it is Hanyu with his iffy posture, and his rough-around-the-edges skating is what makes me feel something.
    The others make me say, good, nice, well done, Hanyu makes me say 'wow!'
    Hanyu, Takahashi, recently Machida, Fernandez, Jason Brown, have that 'it' factor.
    I still hope he will improve, but the secret to Hanyu's success does not lie in posture.
    I agree. Based on what Orser says in his interviews that I have watched, Yuzu is a really passionate skater so I think they capitalize on that. He also says that while Yuzu is keen on improving his quads, Orser includes basic foundations in his training.

I think he'll keep doing the Biellmann for as long as he can because it sets him apart from other skaters...

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbell View Post
    Well, he got one more ice show in May 10th and 11th. So perhaps after that. He also got one or two in June and July. So either he flys back and forth or he stays in Japan longer. I guess it might be the former. Otherwise how could he prepare for new season?
    Does JSF decide on which competitions a Japanese skater will attend?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_Yuzu_fan View Post
    Does JSF decide on which competitions a Japanese skater will attend?
    I guess we won't be able to know that till the end of may

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_Yuzu_fan View Post
    I think he'll keep doing the Biellmann for as long as he can because it sets him apart from other skaters...
    It is not good for his health. And I think he did get some injury on his back and/or waist at the WC although he did not say anything. I do enjoy watching him doing Biellmann but I guess I will enjoy more if he can stay away from injury and skate for a longer time.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    It is not good for his health. And I think he did get some injury on his back and/or waist at the WC although he did not say anything. I do enjoy watching him doing Biellmann but I guess I will enjoy more if he can stay away from injury and skate for a longer time.
    Yeah, but we know that he's the kind of skater who does not play safe when it comes to his programs.

Anyway, do you guys know of links to the group performances in SOI or Osaka Exhibition?

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    I have a question, anyone knows who is the female commentator of NBC at Nice WC in 2012? Was watching the R&J 1.0 and really like her.
    It's Tracy Wilson, now one of Yuzuru's coaches at TCC, whose most quotable quote about Yuzuru is that his jumps are sensational while his falls are spectacular (same observation by Kurt in the CBC commentary of 2012 Worlds; as they're both Canadians, I wonder whether they compared notes).

She also did the CBC commentary in the 2011 4CC where Yuzuru placed second in his second year of senior competition. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAbWxK8AG-A
    There she was critiquing that his skating skills needed improvement ("the blade does not run quite as freely") and then interrupted herself with a "Woah!" when Yuzuru launched into his 3A-3T. Brian Orser credits Tracy's hours of work with Yuzuru for improving Yuzuru' s speed and flow across the ice, which goes to show that even prodigious talent can stand improvement, a lesson for lesser mortals like us.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverHime View Post
    Maria Victoria, thank you so much, I'm so happy you like it! Thank you!

@Pamina: Yeah, sadly it can't be seen in Germany via YouTube. But you can see it here: http://www.trilulilu.ro/hall-of-fame...yu-new-version )
    Welcome Ana, and I hope to see more of your lovely work in the future.

Pamina, I commiserate.

Skate and let skate

0 Not allowed!
    I have a question, anyone knows who is the female commentator of NBC at Nice WC in 2012? Was watching the R&J 1.0 and really like her.
    I think it's Tracy Wilson. She also helps coach Yuzuru at the Toronto cricket club. Interesting really, there she was just commentating Yuzuru's performance and showing such admiration for him and his skating. I bet she never saw it coming that in the next couple of months she would be working with such a young talent.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Well, Denis Ten was trained by Tarasova so of course he has better posture than most skaters out there. not to mention his current coach is Frank Carroll.

The thing is, Yuzuru is the opposite of Denis Ten, who is very composed and calculated in all his moves. Yuzuru is very wild and emotional, even with all the training with Brian Orser these recent years. I have to say, he is an instinctive skater
    I don't think Denis is composed at all. Very frequently he is not constant and when he has a major mistake, I expect many others to come during the performance. Maybe it's only my opinion, but Denis doesn't have that fighter attitude Yuzu has. If you cut the 4T fall from the SP WC2014, the program is perfect. The same at the FS GPF with the 4S. At Denis, usually, you can't just cut the part with the falls. When he has mistakes, his interpretation suffers from this too.
    On the other side, when he is clean, I see him as the most elegant skater in the world +with the best interpretation. () He's moves are very natural and ..he lives the programs (maybe the choreography helps too ) Just remember his passionate exhibition program from Sochi. A pleasure to watch the boy.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I guess we won't be able to know that till the end of may
    If I remember correctly top skaters got the right to choose. Ny example Meryl and Charlie always choose Skate America and a later GP to have time to improeve their programs.

Some Federation choose to keep their top skaters in hom GP (nhk in Yuzur´s case) and their younger ones to give them a home advantage.

Skate and let skate

0 Not allowed!
    Question: Besides Russian choreographers and David Wilson, who else out there is a good choreographer? (I'm still new with this sport so I have no idea who's good or not)

Page 278 of 2740 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 328 378 778 1278 ... LastLast