Page 31 of 310 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ttykatk1t View Post
    someone posted the youtube video for Hanyu's long program with CBC (Kurt Browning) commentary on tumblr! enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHzwwVARBNI
    Kurt at 5.08: A Super Star is Born!

I couldn't agree more!!

Custom Title
    Little novice Hanyu sporting suspenders
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ycoG...C1589723CF115B

Rinkside
    I like this video (compares 4 long programs side by side)! You can see how he totally attacks the opening jumps with much more speed at the Worlds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqK28gePggo

Thank you. Very good interview.

Well all of the speculation that has been going on about his coaching change is perhaps moot.
    Hanyu said it was his decision and he picked Orser after reading a magazine article about Orser and
    his training facilities.

Custom Title
    Just as I originally thought, coach Abe supports Hanyu's decision.
    The split is like Patrick Chan and Christy Krall. Both are amicable.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    That interview is really great, thanks!=D

His posture is the main point a lot of people dislike, so it should be nice to hear him say he'd like to do dance or ballet lessons.
    I'm just glad he really decided the coach change himself. Not sure if Orser is going to be the right coach for him, but once in a while you need to make a big move like that, if you want to keep getting better... better make a mistake now, than later. Training alongside other really strong skaters (Javi!!) should be good for him, as competitive as he is, and I'm sure Wilson will have fun working with him.

And it's always impressive hearing him talk about Tohoku. Such a strong young human, I really just wish him all the best

Banned
    Someone downloaded and translated the short documentary about Yuzuru preparation for the last season, including his training in Russia with Bobrin. See the English translation in comments:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQuOwbiByP4

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    That interview is really great, thanks!=D

His posture is the main point a lot of people dislike, so it should be nice to hear him say he'd like to do dance or ballet lessons.
    I'm just glad he really decided the coach change himself. Not sure if Orser is going to be the right coach for him, but once in a while you need to make a big move like that, if you want to keep getting better... better make a mistake now, than later. Training alongside other really strong skaters (Javi!!) should be good for him, as competitive as he is, and I'm sure Wilson will have fun working with him.

And it's always impressive hearing him talk about Tohoku. Such a strong young human, I really just wish him all the best
    His falls are terrible and it takes him so long to get up - then at the end of programs he looks like he can't breathe at all is going to collapse. I do not enjoy his skating at all because it doesn't look like he can handle skating physically. I don't really think of posture.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    His falls are terrible and it takes him so long to get up - then at the end of programs he looks like he can't breathe at all is going to collapse. I do not enjoy his skating at all because it doesn't look like he can handle skating physically. I don't really think of posture.
    He's stamina has gotten better a little bit from the past though. Last season at 4CC near the end of his program he popped a few jumps and this year he at least landed all of them at the end of his program so there is some little improvement. He does take a while to get back into his program when he falls, CoR and CoC, but at worlds he was injured so maybe that might have affected his slowness to get up even more. It's been said he has asthma, but I wonder what is the main trigger for his attacks. It would suck if it was exercise.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona
    He's stamina has gotten better a little bit from the past though. Last season at 4CC near the end of his program he popped a few jumps and this year he at least landed all of them at the end of his program so there is some little improvement.
    It's not just the jumps, I think his whole choreography was more difficult than last year, and therefor more exhausting to execute.
    And besides the asthma, I read somewhere he couldn't have more than about 10h of practice per week because of his schooling. Maybe his stamina is something Orsers team can work on with him.

And gmyers, I said that about his posture because it's what I read quite a few times from different people. Not because that was my main issue with him or something like that.

Custom Title
    LOL, I guess all the fevered speculation about the nefarious hands of the JSF, agents, Orser himself, etc., was all for nothing.

About Yuzuru's falls: I do agree that he needs to learn how to immediately pop back up from his big falls...some of them have been very disruptive and definitely should have knocked him down quite a bit in PCS as they clearly affected the overall flow of his program. But I did think it was VERY impressive how Yuzuru had that giant splat at Worlds, but proceeded to nail a huge 3A-3T a few seconds after as if nothing had happened. Progress!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Yes, Hanyu’s biggest problem is lack of stamina. I hope Orser can fix this problem. Hanyu’s posture, OTOH, is not that bad compared to some of Orser’s other students. Christina, Javier, and Elene have worse posture than Hanyu, but Orser has not fixed their posture after all this time. It makes me wonder if Orser has paid attention to posture at all.

Tripping on the Podium
    I have no way of knowing whether Brian addresses posture issues. That said, while Hanyu may take ballet lessons and that's great, a season of ballet lessons might or might not make a difference - it's only a season and late in his development as a skater. Where ballet makes a difference, a genuine difference in posture and carriage is when the athlete has been in class for years (as it used to be in the Soviet system when youngsters took ballet class as a part of their skating development) practically from the beginning of learning to skate so that basic skills are learned with the head, back, etc. in a good position. Also, if a coach simply asks the older athlete (like Hanyu) to change posture, that results in a whole bunch of balance adjustments that have to be addressed - it not a simple or overnight adjustment. It's not even a one season adjustment and for some elite competitors, it's not an adjustment at all because they are too far along to make such a major change, a change that effects almost every element including basic stroking.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    He's stamina has gotten better a little bit from the past though. Last season at 4CC near the end of his program he popped a few jumps and this year he at least landed all of them at the end of his program so there is some little improvement. He does take a while to get back into his program when he falls, CoR and CoC, but at worlds he was injured so maybe that might have affected his slowness to get up even more. It's been said he has asthma, but I wonder what is the main trigger for his attacks. It would suck if it was exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    Yes, Hanyu’s biggest problem is lack of stamina. I hope Orser can fix this problem. Hanyu’s posture, OTOH, is not that bad compared to some of Orser’s other students. Christina, Javier, and Elene have worse posture than Hanyu, but Orser has not fixed their posture after all this time. It makes me wonder if Orser has paid attention to posture at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    It's not just the jumps, I think his whole choreography was more difficult than last year, and therefor more exhausting to execute.
    And besides the asthma, I read somewhere he couldn't have more than about 10h of practice per week because of his schooling. Maybe his stamina is something Orsers team can work on with him.

And gmyers, I said that about his posture because it's what I read quite a few times from different people. Not because that was my main issue with him or something like that.
    Stamina has gottent a little better but I don't know how anybody after Hanyu skates say his biggest problem is posture when he looks close to fainting or collapsing after falls or after programs. He doesn't look healthy enough to skate at all.

Page 31 of 310 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast