Page 328 of 672 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 378 428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 10070

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Just my opinion, I think it is admirable for someone as famous as him that he keep the old unfit suit from his family and at first didn't spend money to have a tailor made.

Rinkside
    Hi everyone I had some questions about coaches in figure skating, I wanted to ask it here because everyone is so helpful, I hope it is ok

When Hanyu switch coaches from Nanami to Orser, was that a an opportunity that JSF controlled - that JSF ask Orser to coach one of their skaters, and he agreed, and then they ask Hanyu if he will go with Orser? Or did Hanyu go to Orser? I don't know how this works in figure skating, when skaters reach this high level.

Thank you for anyone who can help me with these silly questions!

Custom Title
    Nomi, here 's a link to an article by Phil Hersh after Yuzuru won in the Olympics which may help answer your questions: http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb...ating-20140215.

Definitely the JSF had a hand in the change of coaches and training venue which in my opinion worked well for Yuzuru.

Custom Title
    Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II @Sandai

Sports photographer Sunao Noto will continue his “Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II” in late April. The first part was held in early March. Thousand of visitors congregated with greatly acclaimed.

Part I: http://sendai.keizai.biz/headline/photo/1611/

Coincidence, Yuzu’ s father was his junior high school teacher. In Canon’s interview, Noto recalled the first time when he took photos for Yuzu in 2008, the 13 years old kid asked himself to be taken “as handsome as Takahashi”.

Canon interview: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/best_shot/noto02.html

I find the highlight in the poster is the Pooh-like character. Red scarf with yellow angles and earphone is a must. It seems they have a sense of Yuzu’s signature stuff, isn’t it?

Poster: https://twitter.com/apresto_noto/sta...620736/photo/1

Custom Title
    I kind of remember watching a video about Yuzu falling after a jump in a competition (he tried very hard to hold himself but still he fell) and the camera switched to Nanami who was obviously feeling the pain of her student. But I can't this video anymore. Does anyone know which competition it was or where I could find the video? Many thanks!

Custom Title
    Anybody knows what is the square thing on his chest underneath his shirt??? Might be some sort of acupuncture pad?

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    ok, one last round and then I'll stop spaming pictures for a while, promise

aww
    awwww ...and an extra awwww
    awwwwww... careful: cute 1... cute 2... cute 3... roarrrr
    just because
    nice... shirt
    oh, look, the washing instructions are still attached

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    Hi everyone I had some questions about coaches in figure skating, I wanted to ask it here because everyone is so helpful, I hope it is ok

When Hanyu switch coaches from Nanami to Orser, was that a an opportunity that JSF controlled - that JSF ask Orser to coach one of their skaters, and he agreed, and then they ask Hanyu if he will go with Orser? Or did Hanyu go to Orser? I don't know how this works in figure skating, when skaters reach this high level.

Thank you for anyone who can help me with these silly questions!
    Hi Nomi! Your question isn't silly at all and the debate is still going on since 2012.

Japan NOC used the OSC scholarship to pay for Yuzu to train in Toronto for two years, the article reporting the news was translated some days ago in this thread.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Confirmation JSF did pay for Yuzuru trainning in Canada

https://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetai...86&language=en
    Olympic scholarships initiative proves "success" after medals achieved - IOC chief

Japan NOC received this tailor-made grant and focused on four athletes, one of whom, Yuzuru Hanyu, won the menآ’s figure skating gold medal.
    Hanyu is from Sendai, and his home ice rink was destroyed in the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami; Japan NOC used the OSC scholarship to pay for him to train in Toronto, Canada, for two years.

Hi Nomi, this is the translation

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II @Sandai

Sports photographer Sunao Noto will continue his “Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II” in late April. The first part was held in early March. Thousand of visitors congregated with greatly acclaimed.

Part I: http://sendai.keizai.biz/headline/photo/1611/

Coincidence, Yuzu’ s father was his junior high school teacher. In Canon’s interview, Noto recalled the first time when he took photos for Yuzu in 2008, the 13 years old kid asked himself to be taken “as handsome as Takahashi”.

Canon interview: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/best_shot/noto02.html

I find the highlight in the poster is the Pooh-like character. Red scarf with yellow angles and earphone is a must. It seems they have a sense of Yuzu’s signature stuff, isn’t it?

Poster: https://twitter.com/apresto_noto/sta...620736/photo/1
    Can't fault the 13-year old Yuzuru's taste. Thanks echotpe!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post

aww
    just because
    nice... shirt
    Looking too at the washboard abs . Great pictures again, thanks Pamina!

Rinkside
    Maria Victoria, giulia95, thank your help

I wonder how many students a coach can have! It will be interesting to see Orser balance his three skaters these next seasons! I think it is a unique situation that these top skaters train so closely together; I think it helps each of them motivate and inspire each other to attain new levels in skating, and is a positive thing because they seem to get along well

Custom Title
    Welcome Nomi. With the results all three (Yuzuru, Javier, and Nam) had last season, it does seem that having each other as training mates has inspired each of them to do their best. I love their interaction.

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

aww
    just because
    nice... shirt
    Oh pamina please don't stop I always enjoy a lot the pics you post

Medalist

aww
    just because
    nice... shirt
    Oh my, such fierceness!
    Thank you Pamina, those pics are priceless! I'd very much like to buy a photobook like this

Tripping on the Podium
    No. No-no-no. This pic is too much for my tiny heart. I need to avoid watching the kid's photos in order to stay objective.
    Btw, here's a R&J 1 fluffy bottle to add to your collection http://imgur.com/a3Y2DML.jpg

Page 328 of 672 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 378 428 ... LastLast