Page 328 of 672 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 378 428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 10070

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #4906
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    602
    Just my opinion, I think it is admirable for someone as famous as him that he keep the old unfit suit from his family and at first didn't spend money to have a tailor made.

  2. #4907
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16
    Hi everyone I had some questions about coaches in figure skating, I wanted to ask it here because everyone is so helpful, I hope it is ok

    When Hanyu switch coaches from Nanami to Orser, was that a an opportunity that JSF controlled - that JSF ask Orser to coach one of their skaters, and he agreed, and then they ask Hanyu if he will go with Orser? Or did Hanyu go to Orser? I don't know how this works in figure skating, when skaters reach this high level.

    Thank you for anyone who can help me with these silly questions!

  3. #4908
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    690
    Nomi, here 's a link to an article by Phil Hersh after Yuzuru won in the Olympics which may help answer your questions: http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb...ating-20140215.

    Definitely the JSF had a hand in the change of coaches and training venue which in my opinion worked well for Yuzuru.

  4. #4909
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Taipei
    Posts
    270
    Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II @Sandai

    Sports photographer Sunao Noto will continue his “Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II” in late April. The first part was held in early March. Thousand of visitors congregated with greatly acclaimed.

     Part I: http://sendai.keizai.biz/headline/photo/1611/

    Coincidence, Yuzu’ s father was his junior high school teacher. In Canon’s interview, Noto recalled the first time when he took photos for Yuzu in 2008, the 13 years old kid asked himself to be taken “as handsome as Takahashi”.

     Canon interview: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/best_shot/noto02.html

    I find the highlight in the poster is the Pooh-like character. Red scarf with yellow angles and earphone is a must. It seems they have a sense of Yuzu’s signature stuff, isn’t it?

     Poster: https://twitter.com/apresto_noto/sta...620736/photo/1

  5. #4910
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    263
    I kind of remember watching a video about Yuzu falling after a jump in a competition (he tried very hard to hold himself but still he fell) and the camera switched to Nanami who was obviously feeling the pain of her student. But I can't this video anymore. Does anyone know which competition it was or where I could find the video? Many thanks!

  6. #4911
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    263
    Anybody knows what is the square thing on his chest underneath his shirt??? Might be some sort of acupuncture pad?

  7. #4912
    fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    653
    ok, one last round and then I'll stop spaming pictures for a while, promise

    aww
    awwww ...and an extra awwww
    awwwwww... careful: cute 1... cute 2... cute 3... roarrrr
    just because
    nice... shirt
    oh, look, the washing instructions are still attached

  8. #4913
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    Hi everyone I had some questions about coaches in figure skating, I wanted to ask it here because everyone is so helpful, I hope it is ok

    When Hanyu switch coaches from Nanami to Orser, was that a an opportunity that JSF controlled - that JSF ask Orser to coach one of their skaters, and he agreed, and then they ask Hanyu if he will go with Orser? Or did Hanyu go to Orser? I don't know how this works in figure skating, when skaters reach this high level.

    Thank you for anyone who can help me with these silly questions!
    Hi Nomi! Your question isn't silly at all and the debate is still going on since 2012.

    Japan NOC used the OSC scholarship to pay for Yuzu to train in Toronto for two years, the article reporting the news was translated some days ago in this thread.

  9. #4914
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Confirmation JSF did pay for Yuzuru trainning in Canada

    https://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetai...86&language=en
    Olympic scholarships initiative proves "success" after medals achieved - IOC chief

    Japan NOC received this tailor-made grant and focused on four athletes, one of whom, Yuzuru Hanyu, won the menآ’s figure skating gold medal.
    Hanyu is from Sendai, and his home ice rink was destroyed in the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami; Japan NOC used the OSC scholarship to pay for him to train in Toronto, Canada, for two years.


    Hi Nomi, this is the translation

  10. #4915
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II @Sandai

    Sports photographer Sunao Noto will continue his “Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II” in late April. The first part was held in early March. Thousand of visitors congregated with greatly acclaimed.

     Part I: http://sendai.keizai.biz/headline/photo/1611/

    Coincidence, Yuzu’ s father was his junior high school teacher. In Canon’s interview, Noto recalled the first time when he took photos for Yuzu in 2008, the 13 years old kid asked himself to be taken “as handsome as Takahashi”.

     Canon interview: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/best_shot/noto02.html

    I find the highlight in the poster is the Pooh-like character. Red scarf with yellow angles and earphone is a must. It seems they have a sense of Yuzu’s signature stuff, isn’t it?

     Poster: https://twitter.com/apresto_noto/sta...620736/photo/1
    Can't fault the 13-year old Yuzuru's taste. Thanks echotpe!

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    ok, one last round and then I'll stop spaming pictures for a while, promise

    aww
    awwww ...and an extra awwww
    awwwwww... careful: cute 1... cute 2... cute 3... roarrrr
    just because
    nice... shirt
    oh, look, the washing instructions are still attached
    Looking too at the washboard abs . Great pictures again, thanks Pamina!

  11. #4916
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16
    Maria Victoria, giulia95, thank your help

    I wonder how many students a coach can have! It will be interesting to see Orser balance his three skaters these next seasons! I think it is a unique situation that these top skaters train so closely together; I think it helps each of them motivate and inspire each other to attain new levels in skating, and is a positive thing because they seem to get along well

  12. #4917
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    690
    Welcome Nomi. With the results all three (Yuzuru, Javier, and Nam) had last season, it does seem that having each other as training mates has inspired each of them to do their best. I love their interaction.

  13. #4918
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    ok, one last round and then I'll stop spaming pictures for a while, promise

    aww
    awwww ...and an extra awwww
    awwwwww... careful: cute 1... cute 2... cute 3... roarrrr
    just because
    nice... shirt
    oh, look, the washing instructions are still attached
    Oh pamina please don't stop I always enjoy a lot the pics you post

  14. #4919
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    ok, one last round and then I'll stop spaming pictures for a while, promise

    aww
    awwww ...and an extra awwww
    awwwwww... careful: cute 1... cute 2... cute 3... roarrrr
    just because
    nice... shirt
    oh, look, the washing instructions are still attached
    Oh my, such fierceness!
    Thank you Pamina, those pics are priceless! I'd very much like to buy a photobook like this

  15. #4920
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    No. No-no-no. This pic is too much for my tiny heart. I need to avoid watching the kid's photos in order to stay objective.
    Btw, here's a R&J 1 fluffy bottle to add to your collection http://imgur.com/a3Y2DML.jpg

Page 328 of 672 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 378 428 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •