Page 33 of 672 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 133 533 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I think even casual fans can see despite his incredible talent Yuzu needs alot of work in a few areas if he is to reach his potential.

Hope Yuzu works like a dog to improve his SS as well as his strength and stamina.

Good for Orser and the rest of the team at Cricket Club for knowing what it takes to build a champion in today's skating world.
    Pardon my dear but you sound defensive. "Casual fans" are not that dumb as you portrait them and Orser is not the only one who has an expertise on building champions. Actually I am grateful to Tommmy that he/she posted these two gifs: "And his 4T-3A sequences from The Ice 2011, 2012 http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...8o1_r2_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...qvu8o2_250.gif " because it gave me one extra chance to compare. It's really difficult to judge by just a 4T/3A seq that takes such a short time. Still. It's not exactly the same boy out there. Youtube links to make it more visible: 2011- www.youtube.com/watch?v=wICH1Jpsq8M and 2012 (at around 2.44) www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzHYfHg1lA Look at the entrance on the first video: wide, with big strokes, royal back, light jumps. And then the gorgeous exit, with the hands and head as if he is a noble teen-eagle who is ready to soar to the height of the sky. Each detail is in music and on good speed. And the second video- I don't even want to describe it. Especially his face expression at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Pardon my dear but you sound defensive. "Casual fans" are not that dumb as you portrait them and Orser is not the only one who has an expertise on building champions. Actually I am grateful to Tommmy that he/she posted these two gifs: "And his 4T-3A sequences from The Ice 2011, 2012 http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...8o1_r2_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...qvu8o2_250.gif " because it gave me one extra chance to compare. It's really difficult to judge by just a 4T/3A seq that takes such a short time. Still. It's not exactly the same boy out there. Youtube links to make it more visible: 2011- www.youtube.com/watch?v=wICH1Jpsq8M and 2012 (at around 2.44) www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzHYfHg1lA Look at the entrance on the first video: wide, with big strokes, royal back, light jumps. And then the gorgeous exit, with the hands and head as if he is a noble teen-eagle who is ready to soar to the height of the sky. Each detail is in music and on good speed. And the second video- I don't even want to describe it. Especially his face expression at the end.
    Two words for you......Patrick Chan.

He has set the bar extremely high.

Orser knows this and knows Yuzu must improve in an area that the CoP rewards so highly.
    We have all seen Patrick fall not just on jumps but on footwork and still get amazing scores.

Yuzu needs to get in the game. I think he is a prodigious talent and still young enough to to develope his skating.

Plush could come out and land a couple of quads and not even make the podium in today's scoring system.

It is not "ice-jumping" today but CoP skating.

Custom Title
    I think even casual fans can see despite his incredible talent Yuzu needs alot of work in a few areas if he is to reach his potential.
    I'm with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Pardon my dear but you sound defensive. "Casual fans" are not that dumb as you portrait them and Orser is not the only one who has an expertise on building champions.
    If Orser really said that Hanyu needs improvement on SS, I think Orser is right on. To Hanyu fans, I don't think you know more than Brian Orser does, sorry to say! Even if Orser didn't say anything about Hanyu's SS, I've in fact already compared his SS with the top skaters' SS before if you remember. What I've found out was his bumpy turns and glides. Yes, he needs to work on SS in order to compete with the world number one. Your darling Yuzuru is amazing, but he needs some serious makeover, you know. Yuzuru knows, and Orser knows.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 08-09-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Really, as if anyone ever said Hanyu wouldn't need to improve anymore - of course he does, everyone does.
    He's 17 years old, who was complete at that age? Or who ever will be... and pretty much everyone, except some few skaters, should continue to improve with their SS.
    What makes this laughable - if it is even true - is that Orser suppossedly said he'd deny Hanyu the world championships. The same Orser that trains Javier - I like Javi a lot, but his SS are far from being better than Hanyus. More the other way around.

Besides that, I'd be happy if Orser would focus on SS with Hanyu, although his stamina should be more important - he's already got some pretty monstrous jumps and his spins are great. So that's one of those areas where I think he could still improve pretty well and get even higher scores out of

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Really, as if anyone ever said Hanyu wouldn't need to improve anymore - of course he does, everyone does.
    He's 17 years old, who was complete at that age? Or who ever will be... and pretty much everyone, except some few skaters, should continue to improve with their SS.
    What makes this laughable - if it is even true - is that Orser suppossedly said he'd deny Hanyu the world championships. The same Orser that trains Javier - I like Javi a lot, but his SS are far from being better than Hanyus. More the other way around.

Besides that, I'd be happy if Orser would focus on SS with Hanyu, although his stamina should be more important - he's already got some pretty monstrous jumps and his spins are great. So that's one of those areas where I think he could still improve pretty well and get even higher scores out of
    I really have no idea what you or Let's talk are trying to say here.

Orser sees a young skater with potential to win WC's and Olympic medals if he just improves what even casual fans can see is a weakness.

This incredibly great young 17 year old boy needs to be stronger, have more stamina and part of what will help him NOT fall apart in his LP's is better stroking. And better stamina.

Custom Title
    Two words for you......Patrick Chan.

He has set the bar extremely high.

Orser knows this and knows Yuzu must improve in an area that the CoP rewards so highly.
    We have all seen Patrick fall not just on jumps but on footwork and still get amazing scores.

Yuzu needs to get in the game. I think he is a prodigious talent and still young enough to to develope his skating.

Plush could come out and land a couple of quads and not even make the podium in today's scoring system.

It is not "ice-jumping" today but CoP skating
    On his last competition he claimed the gold, and it was only 7 month ago.

None of the younger skaters has the maturity that Plushenko shows in his skating, every move is polished, finished and perfect and it took him years to be fine skater as he is right now.

I don’t understand what Yuzuru or any other skater has better then Plushenko, to move him of the podium.
    Yuzuru is young talented skater, and if anyone compare him to Plushenko, they should compare to Plushenko 16-17 years of age, because by 18 he was already much better then Yuzuru now. See Plushenko win gold at Worlds 2001.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    What makes this laughable - if it is even true - is that Orser suppossedly said he'd deny Hanyu the world championships.
    I've ignored the rest of that twitter message. They are not confirmed yet. It's like baseless rumor so far. No doubt that Orser is a great coach.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 08-10-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Custom Title
    I really have no idea what you or Let's talk are trying to say here.

Orser sees a young skater with potential to win WC's and Olympic medals if he just improves what even casual fans can see is a weakness.

This incredibly great young 17 year old boy needs to be stronger, have more stamina and part of what will help him NOT fall apart in his LP's is better stroking. And better stamina.
    As you can see, Hanyu’s biggest problem is lack of stamina. All of his fans have hoped Orser could fix this problem, but Orser did not mention what he would do to fix this biggest problem. Hanyu’s SS of course is not as good as Patrick’s yet and he should improve on it. Even Patrick who already has best skating skills is still working on it and each year he improves, which is why I admire Patrick.

But I can understand Let’s talk and Li'Kitsu’s anger because Hanyu’s skating skills, though not as good as Patrick’s, is already much better than Orser’s other students. Javier, Christina Gao, Elene, and Rippon have much worse SS than Hanyu. They need more work on skating skills than Hanyu.

People are worried because a) why Orser did not say Javier, Christina, Rippon, etc. should improve their skating skills and even skip worlds? b) why Orser did not mention what he would do to fix Hanyu’s stamina? Better stroking would only partially help, but in order to fix the stamina problem, Orser needs to do much more. Anc c) even if Orser wants to help Hanyu improve on his SS, which is a good thing, does Orser have the ability to do so? Orser has not improved SS of his other students after all this time. It makes people wonder if Orser really knows how to do this.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bestskate8 View Post
    I don’t understand what Yuzuru or any other skater has better then Plushenko, to move him of the podium.
    Yuzuru is young talented skater, and if anyone compare him to Plushenko, they should compare to Plushenko 16-17 years of age, because by 18 he was already much better then Yuzuru now. See Plushenko win gold at Worlds 2001.
    Plushenko at 17 years of age was 4th at 2000 Worlds, FYI.

Really, though, Hanyu at 17 is still better than Plushenko was at 18. It doesn't matter that Plushenko won 2001 Worlds, it's an empty comparison. If you compare the actual performance of Plushenko at 2001 Worlds to Hanyu at 2012 Worlds, Hanyu is superior in all of the non-jump technical areas and has far more going on in the program (and he's very nearly as good in the jumps) and he's certainly just as good with the performance/interpretation (I would say better).

Plushenko these days has regressed in his jump capability and he's now a bit weaker than Hanyu in that area. His spins and field moves are definitely weaker. His footwork is equal at best. Maybe he has more "maturity", but I frankly don't think his overall presentation is significantly better at all.

Custom Title
    It is not Orser who teaches skating skills its Tracy Wilson and they work in tandem.

How do you know what Orser told his other students - each student will have their own goals developed together with Orser.

I see a remarkable improvement in Javier's SS since going to Orser but granted he has a way to go. His endurance has improved quite a bit.
    Some skaters do not have the patience to realize how important SS are. The cart before the horse doesnt work in the end.

I think Rippons SS are quite decent certainly better than Hanyu and Javier.

While Hanyu is a brilliant young skater he needs to improve his SS and endurance and this will take time. The short term Sochi over the long term does not make sense and the JSF likely sees it. Unfortunately the Hanyu lovers do not see it.

If Hanyu does not separate himself from the rest of the pack in Japan and its a very excellent pack as well, he will find himself left behind.

All this crying and pooh holding may endear him to his younger audience but that will not get him the OGM either at Sochi or the following Olys.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    While Hanyu is a brilliant young skater he needs to improve his SS and endurance and this will take time. The short term Sochi over the long term does not make sense and the JSF likely sees it. Unfortunately the Hanyu lovers do not see it.

If Hanyu does not separate himself from the rest of the pack in Japan and its a very excellent pack as well, he will find himself left behind.

All this crying and pooh holding may endear him to his younger audience but that will not get him the OGM either at Sochi or the following Olys.
    I remember you’re a hardcore fan of Patrick and you’ve attacked Daisuke before. I hope you posted all the above out of kindness. I like Patrick, Hanyu, Daisuke, Plushy, and Jeremy. I don’t like to see their fans undermining any of their competitors.

Your post seems like you’re happy if Hanyu skips next Worlds and even Sochi Olys. I hope you did not post that because you’re Patrick’s fan and you like to see his competitor being held back.

Is this a joke? Even though many people say Javier has weak skating skills, at least he’s a little better than Rippon. Rippon is the one who needs a lot of work on his SS. OMG, he’s sooo slow. In fact, if Rippon and Javier by the end of their career will have the current skating skills of Machida and Mura, then I’ll admire the hard works of their coaches. I doubt if Rippon and Javier will ever attain the skating skills of Hanyu at 17 years of age.

Custom Title
    Yes I am a hardcore fan of PChiddy and proud of it!
    I enjoy Daisuke's programs but I dont like the fact that last year as the year progressed he kept reducing complexity. Loved Daisuke in his younger years. As I loved Plushy in his younger years - still love Yags and Kurt!

Hanyu was wonderful at the worlds - no question. He skated with passion and with his whole being. Patrick whom I am big fan of, skated with reserve and I mourned that. I would have prefered if PC skated Worlds as he did Nats but that was not to be.

Regardless how I feel about PC it doesnt mean I cannot enjoy Hanyu as a wonderful young talent or the lightness of Koz's skating.

I would be sad if Hanyu skips worlds as I will be there and would enjoy seeing him skate. I saw him live last year in Quebec City GPF and he has some wonderful qualities.

Rippon lacks speed but there is a softness in his edges.

I am not familiar with Machida or Mura never having seen them live. I find the difference between seeing skaters live and on TV is enormous. Am really looking forward to worlds for this reason. A chance to enjoy the best talents. It must be so hard for Japanese fans since there is such a deep field in both men and women. In Canada our field is deep in Ice dancing.
    Last edited by emdee; 08-09-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post

I disagree with you that Rippon's SS are better than Hanyu and Javier. His stroking seems more effortful than both these skaters. Being slow does correlate to SS to some extent b/c you use your edges to gain speed. I do agree that Hanyu should improve his SS, and that it's going to take time. SS don't suddenly improve after 3 months. I agree that it's something that you have to work on for a while. Look at Asada. I wonder what what Hanyu's asthma trigger is. It may or may not be a factor in his slow increase in endurance. I don't see how his crying and pooh holding will hold him back since he does this after and before his performance. The judges are going to score him on his performance not his pre and post performance actions or I would hope that is what they do....

Custom Title
    Oh Emdee, you would be sad if Hanyu skips worlds !! I'm sure also P.Chan would be so sad, he would cry desperately for sure!!!

Custom Title
    Everyone, don't forget this is Yuzuru's thread.

This thread is for Yuzuru and his fans. Should be a safe and conflict-free place for his fans. Let's talk about other skaters and/or compare Yuzu against/to other skaters in other threads if we want to, shall we?

Page 33 of 672 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 133 533 ... LastLast