Page 369 of 931 FirstFirst ... 269 319 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 419 469 869 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 13964

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

only here for my juniors jimeonji's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    Which I thought was a better strategy since with his 3 Lutz - 3 Toe he would get the 10 percent bonus at the end and back then his quad toe wasn't as stable.
    precisely his strategy this season. (how many other skaters' jumps are spaced 1-2 in the short? does anyone know?)
    and now there's speculation about two quad short programs

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Meoima, the poster on tumblr updated and corrected Yuzuru and Machida´s earning for this Season
    Yes, this is the reason I said JFS cover their top skaters training fees and pay them like salaryman. Because there would be no way Machida, or even Yuzuru or Daisuke's families would have enough money even just for a year to pay for all the fees.
    Many skaters don't have sponsors, but they seems to manage quite alright, it seems their fed is helping as well. I am not surprised if that is the reason they have so many ice shows this summer.

Custom Title
    Which I thought was a better strategy since with his 3 Lutz - 3 Toe he would get the 10 percent bonus at the end and back then his quad toe wasn't as stable.
    I doubt even now with his 4T being pretty stable would Hanyu put a 4T-3T combo into his programs unless he can do it well enough to put it into the 2nd half of his programs or if the rules somehow started to only reward the 4-3 combo more.

Nathan Chen in juniors has a 1-2 layout in his SP and a 2-6 layout in his FS.

Custom Title
    Can any of you read Korean?
    I found a Korean article through a fan blog that is apparently an interview with Shae-Lynn Bourne. I think she talks about choreographing Ashley Wagner and Yuzuru's next LP but I'm only using google translate so I can't be sure. I'd appreciate it if someone with more knowledge could confirm please

http://m.xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac...ntry_id=445874

화려한 선수생활을 마감한 뒤 안무가의 길을 걸었다. 이후 수많은 선수들의 몸짓에 영감을 불어넣었다. 본은 2014 소치올림픽 남자싱글 금메달리스트인 하뉴 유즈루(20, 일본)와 미국 여자싱글을 대표하는 애슐리 와그너(23)와 작업할 예정이다.

"두 달 뒤에 와그너와 하뉴 유즈루의 롱프로그램 안무를 시작합니다. 이번 공연이 끝난 뒤 캐나다로 돌아가면 수많은 스케이터들과 작업에 들어가요. 그리고 7월에는 아라카와 시즈카(33, 일본, 2006 토리노올림픽 금메달)와 함께하는 프렌즈 온 아이스의 안무를 담당합니다."

Translation provided by seabm7 (Thank you!)

After a splendid amateur career, she took the path of a choreographer. She provided inspiration for movements of many skaters. She will work with Hanyu Yuzuru (20), men's singles gold medalist in Sochi, and Ashley Wagner (23), a well known representative of US women's Singles.

"In two months I will start choreography for long programs of Wagner and Hanyu Yuzuru; After this show, back in Canada, I will work with many skaters. And in July, I will handle choreography for Friends on Ice with Arakawa Shizuka (33, Japan, 2006 Torino Gold)."
    Last edited by mikaboo; 05-06-2014 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Translation added

Ice is slippery.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaboo View Post
    Can any of you read Korean?
    I found a Korean article through a fan blog that is apparently an interview with Shae-Lynn Bourne. I think she talks about choreographing Ashley Wagner and Yuzuru's next LP but I'm only using google translate so I can't be sure. I'd appreciate it if someone with more knowledge could confirm please
    Eh...I'm not sure how I feel about that if its true. I think I might prefer David over her for Yuzuru's LP. I remember 2 or 3 programs that was by her and was not impressed, both with the music choices and the choreography. Honestly, I want him to try someone OUTSIDE of Canada I am not a happy camper.

But I'll try to be optimistic, maybe they'll surprise me in a good way, which is always nice

Custom Title
    I don´t get why David Wilson´s choreographies get so much hate.

I like Romeo & Juliet 2.0.

Seeing Daisuke's Pagliacci (choreographed by Shae-Lynn), I can literally see Yuzuru skate that program.

I honestly don't mind her. I just hope she can make a LP that has more artistry than David's, and at the same time can stack up big points. I have to admit it though, I was hoping for Lori Nichol to be Yuzuru's next choreographer.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    I don´t get why David Wilson´s choreographies get so much hate.

I like Romeo & Juliet 2.0.
    I don't hate his choreographies at all. I feel like he doesn't really bring out Yuzuru's full potential. His programs for Yuzuru lacks aesthetics, which I know Yuzuru is a natural at (for example like his R&J 1.0, White Legend, and Etude in D minor). That's my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikaboo View Post
    http://m.xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac...ntry_id=445874

"두 달 뒤에 와그너와 하뉴 유즈루의 롱프로그램 안무를 시작합니다. 이번 공연이 끝난 뒤 캐나다로 돌아가면 수많은 스케이터들과 작업에 들어가요. 그리고 7월에는 아라카와 시즈카(33, 일본, 2006 토리노올림픽 금메달)와 함께하는 프렌즈 온 아이스의 안무를 담당합니다."
    Two months [after World Championships] Wagner and Yuzuru Hanyu are starting to work on their Long Program. And Shizuka Arakawa (33, Japan, 2006 Olympic gold medal in Turin), will be responsible for choreographing "Together on Ice" in July.

My Korean is a little rough so I could only translate the second part but the first part just talks about how Yuzuru's brilliant choreography and has inspired other skaters (translated: athletes). For some reason they mentioned Wagner but she isn't relevant in this article haha.

Custom Title
    Two months [after World Championships] Wagner and Yuzuru Hanyu are starting to work on their Long Program. And Shizuka Arakawa (33, Japan, 2006 Olympic gold medal in Turin), will be responsible for choreographing "Together on Ice" in July.

My Korean is a little rough so I could only translate the second part but the first part just talks about how Yuzuru's brilliant choreography and has inspired other skaters (translated: athletes). For some reason they mentioned Wagner but she isn't relevant in this article haha.
    I tried through Japanese by Google translation (Korean and Japanese are similar in the grammer).

二か月後にワーグナーと羽生譲(結弦)のロングプログラムの振り付けを開始します。今回の公演が終わった後、カナダに戻ると、多くのスケーター たちとの作業に入りますよ。そして7月には荒川静香(33、日本、2006年トリノオリンピック金メダル) と一緒にフレンズ·オン·アイスの振付を担当しています。

I will start working on the choreography of long program for Wagner and Yuzuru Hanyu in two months. Returning to Canada after this show (show with Kim Yuna?), I will start working with many skaters. And in July, I will be in charge of the choreography of "Friends on Ice" together with Shizuka Arakawa (33, Japan, 2006 Olympic gold medal in Turin).

But, this is through 3 languages, I cannot be sure what the orginal English really was

Custom Title
    @lbc2138
    Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

@SuzyQ
    Yes, this is pretty much what I got from it. The J > K translation made more sense than the K > E translation. I guess Japanese and Korean languages are more grammatically similar? Thank you for you time!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sajoya View Post
    Seeing Daisuke's Pagliacci (choreographed by Shae-Lynn), I can literally see Yuzuru skate that program.
    I imagined Yuzuru skating to Daisuke's Mambo

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    This is an article in Japanese, but my Japanese is terrible so I can only guess it's the right one: http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2139934754218049701
    They show Shae-Lynn's previous works with Japanese skaters.

Custom Title
    Shae-Lynn Bourne choreographed for Kevin Reynolds's SP in 2013-2014 season. Wow, can't we have a rock Yuzu in new season?

Kevin Reynolds 2014 canadian national sp: "Back in Black" and "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    Shae-Lynn Bourne choreographed for Kevin Reynolds's SP in 2013-2014 season. Wow, can't we have a rock Yuzu in new season?

Kevin Reynolds 2014 canadian national sp: "Back in Black" and "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC
    Shae-Lynn Bourne choreography is quite interesting most of the time. I would love to see Yuzuru tries somethings in that direction too.

Page 369 of 931 FirstFirst ... 269 319 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 419 469 869 ... LastLast