Page 374 of 714 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 424 474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 10707

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sajoya View Post
    Do you guys know any skaters that has done this song before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWqKPWO5T4o (yeah, there was Plushenko's and V/T's but I wasn't really feeling it)
    Philippe Candeloro.

Rinkside
    I love grieg!!!!

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    anybody else have a feeling where this might be going?
    Hmm no idea

Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Shae-Lynn Bourne choreography is quite interesting most of the time. I would love to see Yuzuru tries somethings in that direction too.
    Great news about Shae-Lynn. She has done some wonderful work which I've admired. I would love to see Yuzu do something a bit edgy as well. I'm not a big fan of over-used classical music and think Yuzu is so wonderful at telling a story that a piece which enables him to do so would be best.

generally interested fan Esopian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by won0066 View Post
    I live in Canada and cant wait for Yuzuru to return...because here at least he can have somewhat of a normal life and train hard and concentrate on what he needs to do. He can walk down the streets without getting mobbed by fans. Hopefully it will be a good break from the media scrutiny as well...although i know that the media sends film crews to his practice arena to film sometimes, mostly its closed sessions to just members of the club.
    I agree, with his popularity in Japan, it's necessary for him to spend some time having a normal life when he's not skating. It's great that his fans are increasing, but at the same time he seems like an intellectual individual who likes to get work done. Without the hype/media surrounding him, he could get more done in less time. I hope after this weekend's ice show that he'll go back to Canada -where everything is a lot more peaceful (in terms of popularity and overall population in the area).

In the midst of all this, how does he balance having a normal life, figure skating and progress with his online degree in Waseda University?

hot pink shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Lol! I like Mussorgsky much better than Rachmaninov! Mussorgsky has the rawness and the powerful/heroic tone. Rachmaninov sounds cheesy to my ears.
    And yes, that Pictures at an Exhibition version for orchestra is wonderful! We could even make a movie on skating base on the music.
    Each skater can portray a picture mentioned in the exhibition, they can choose a suitable section to skate along.
    That would be a masterpiece! We need another drama on ice called Pictures at an Exhibition!

Sorry my imagination runs a bit wild.
    I personally loooove Rachmaninoff, but I know where you're coming from. Hearing PC2 so many times gets a bit boring (which is why I save it for Mao and special occasions, and I only listen to my favorite recording, so I will always enjoy it!) he has numerous preludes and etudes that are beautiful. I'm actually currently working on the Op 23 no 5 in G minor that Stephane skated to for an ex
    I'm with you on the movie thing, that would be epic

Tripping on the Podium
    anybody else have a feeling where this might be going?
    Shibs said it would be in their next Vlog on SOI Japan, maybe they're gonna show the lift by Yuzuru and Kikhara

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Philippe Candeloro.
    Thank you (his triple axel was huge)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    I find it funny how we always return to the topic of music we want Yuzuru to skate
    I was thinking about the same thing But I must admit that I like a lot the topic because in this way I can find out about some very interesting music pieces that I didn't know so far...since I am not a big fan of classical music - shame on me

And because we were talking about music choices,I really like this song...it's a waltz and I don't know if it would be a good choice for Yuzu...but it could be interesting though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4KTKIoqCI

OMG,I can't wait to see his programs for the next season...

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Quote Originally Posted by roxella View Post
    I was thinking about the same thing But I must admit that I like a lot the topic because in this way I can find out about some very interesting music pieces that I didn't know so far...since I am not a big fan of classical music - shame on me
    It's the same for me, I've been playing the piano for 3 years but I know almost nothing about classical music btw that waltz you posted is very beautiful, I can imagine Yuzuru skating to that

Custom Title
    welcome
    according to this interview that has already happened (well, at least a little bit )
    There is a photo about Yuzu and Lambiel in FaOI last June.

They were in group number in finale.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by roxella View Post
    And because we were talking about music choices,I really like this song...it's a waltz and I don't know if it would be a good choice for Yuzu...but it could be interesting though
    Waltz is a specific music. It suits to pairs, ice dancers not so much to singles. As for me when someone says "waltz" I can here this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdkguiAp-js
    It's a waltz from beautiful polish movie ,,Nights and days" from 1975.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    There is a photo about Yuzu and Lambiel in FaOI last June.

They were in group number in finale.
    What song are they using in the finale number? The Singer voice is nice....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    What song are they using in the finale number? The Singer voice is nice....
    The song is "ハピネス (Happiness)" by A.I. See her MV here.

The "Story" ex of Yuzu is also her song. See video : FaOI version & 2013 GPF EX version.

By the way, Brian Orser & David Wilson are the chief choreophers of the show.

Page 374 of 714 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 424 474 ... LastLast