Page 428 of 3259 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 478 528 928 1428 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 48878

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja3355 View Post
    I don't know why Yuzu has always made me cry with his FP at the World
    Championship since 2012.

①2012 at Nice
    He twisted his leg before the competition, he didn't say anything about
    it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0bCvXHtzx4&sns=em

②2013 at Canada
    He had flu after 4CC and couldn't practice skating for a while and then
    again he hurt his knee and ankle before the World. He couldn't jump well at the
    SP and he came in 9th.
    He cried after the SP...[emoji24]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB9122f5Upc&sns=em

But he tried to catch up at FP landing quad jumps so that 3 Japanese
    male skaters could attend the Sochi.
    He did very well with his bad legs...

http://youtu.be/bn7yFU9aZ1g

(While he was waiting for his score, he mumbled "it's hurt, it's
    hurt..." rubbing his knee )

③2014 at Saitama, Japan

He had sore back...
    and also at the SP, as you may know some crazy girls screamed "Yuzu
    Aishiteru (I love you!!) just before the music starts and the moment he was
    about to concentrate on the FP, and then he fell at the quad. Although
    he said such screaming didn't have any effect on his performance (it was
    his fault, he said..), I was there and could feel the atmosphere in the
    rink was completely changed because of such bad behavior. It was
    impossible for him to concentrate on his SP in such bad situation..
    Then he was about 7 point behind Machida..
    His face looked like Samurai at the FP. I could feel his strong decision
    that he never fall any jumps and complete this R&J2 program perfectly.
    And he did well and revenged a defeat!

http://youtu.be/wY8Mgou0-AI

I was so nervous before the FP at the a World this year, but some people said Yuzu always show his great performance at every World Championship, so I expect his revenge and he really made us cry. I was too moved to see his performance when he
    did Ina Bauer.. I just want to say thank you to Yuzu!!
    Thanks for sharing naranja3355. That was quite a list. One thing about being a Yuzuru fan: there is never a dull moment. The instances you cited show how that slight, seemingly frail figure houses an indomitable ("samurai" to use your description) spirit. He's both moving and inspiring.

Thanks annca! After she and Yuzuru high-fived and hugged each other, in the video you can see Kanako go to the side and decline to join the group photo, content to leave the spotlight to her childhood chum who had achieved his biggest dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I really hope to see Shae-Lynn's choreography with Yuzuru, she is not really a very famous choreographer but she can make very interesting choreography, like this one she create for Jeremy Abbot, interesting footwork: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jljuph8ISAQ
    Thanks Meoima! That was a lovely program, and the commentators (Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezic) described Jeremy's skating there as "free," which adjective has often been used as to Yuzuru's skating.

I think step sequence choreo is a strength of Shae-Lynn as also seen in this video. Can't wait to see what her choreo will look like for Yuzuru.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    That´s great, thank you for sharing . Do you know were we can see the survey? Thanks again :D
    so sorry but i dont know where we can see the survey yet.. i only saw the article on twitter but i'll post the survey here if i ever see it

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Thanks annca! After she and Yuzuru high-fived and hugged each other, in the video you can see Kanako go to the side and decline to join the group photo, content to leave the spotlight to her childhood chum who had achieved his biggest dream.
    I smiled at the part when she was about to leave, yuzu came to find where she was and they both high fived and hugged.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by annca View Post
    I smiled at the part when she was about to leave, yuzu came to find where she was and they both high fived and hugged.
    Those two are not doing by my romantic dream movie final. They should have done this .

He just high five her like "Dude this is so cool".

Where is your romantic vibe Yuzu????

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Those two are not doing by my romantic dream movie final. They should have do this . He just high five her like "Dude this is so cool".

Where is just romantic vibe Yuzu????

Medalist

0 Not allowed!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Do you know were we can see the survey? Thanks again :D
    Here is the report of "22th Popularity of athletes" survey in Japanese (PDF file) for your reference.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    That´s great, thank you for sharing . Do you know were we can see the survey? Thanks again :D
    I only could find the site and PDF file in Japanese.

http://www.crs.or.jp/data/

http://www.crs.or.jp/data/pdf/sports14.pdf

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    ^Thank you SuzyQ and also Annca.

So beside Yuzu and Mao, Dai is 15? I can see also that Dai was listed in 2010, and after that fell form the top 20 (guessing those are the one being listed), but Mao has remained between the top 10.

Also Yuzuru is top 3 with the ladies in their 50s? Am I right

Edit.

Thank you also Echotpe :D

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    ^Thank you SuzyQ and also Annca.

So beside Yuzu and Mao, Dai is 15? I can see also that Dai was listed in 2010, and after that fell form the top 20 (guessing those are the one being listed), but Mao has remained between the top 10.

Also Yuzuru is top 3 with the ladies in their 50s? Am I right
    Not exactly, Dai was ranked 13 in 2012. And yes, Yuzu is 3rd place by favor of 50s ladies.

I read another message of survey is the popularity of sports in Japan. Within top 15, baseball sportsmen occupy 8 persons. And other seven persons are 3 in figure skating, 2 in soccer, 1 in tennis and 1 in golf.

In page 6, they also cited during and after Sochi Olympics, over 50% respondents are impressed with figure skating and will continue to pay attention in it. Medals really affect sport popularity in public.

By the way, Yuzu is the only one of three stars in upcoming season while Mao and Dai get rest from competitions. No doubt he will take most of business role in operation of JSF/JOC. Very challenging to him indeed!

0 Not allowed!
    A picture of Yuzuru on a Toronto-Japanese community magazine in an article about Tadashi Aoshima, his massage therapist.
    He accompanies Yuzuru to competitions in Canada and Japan also.
    http://issuu.com/tomeko/docs/vol35_0...374392/8058980

If the link above doesn't work for you, try this one. It's on p32.
    http://torja.ca/issuu/ 

He says that Hanyu has found a new way to manage his stress and mental state by conversing with a skiing athlete and is now practicing based on that new discovery.
    skiing athlete = Kasai? (where he bombarded with him with questions while casually waiting for the emperor)

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaboo View Post
    A picture of Yuzuru on a Toronto-Japanese community magazine in an article about Tadashi Aoshima, his massage therapist.
    He accompanies Yuzuru to competitions in Canada and Japan also.
    http://issuu.com/tomeko/docs/vol35_0...374392/8058980

If the link above doesn't work for you, try this one. It's on p32.
    http://torja.ca/issuu/ 

He says that Hanyu has found a new way to manage his stress and mental state by conversing with a skiing athlete and is now practicing based on that new discovery.
    skiing athlete = Kasai? (where he bombarded with him with questions while casually waiting for the emperor)
    Thanks mikaboo! First link worked for me (but not the second), and I contented myself looking at the pictures of Mr. Aoshima with not just Yuzuru but also Nobunari and Takahiko. Is there anything in the accompanying Japanese article that you think we should know?

Noriaki Kasai's a ski jumper so close enough. Yuzuru didn't mention Peak Performance?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Here is an interesting TV program named "Kataritei" by Mitz Mangrove who is a famous drag entertainer.
    The topic was about Sochi, especially Yuzu on this day. It's so funny from 12:05. Mitz talked about Yuzu's expression appealing to judges at his SP which was really innocent. It's incredible to do such a cute and innocent expression like just a boy at such a big stage. He said Yuzu has never done this expression before. He said Yuzu is genius and can become an actress immediately!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1e...E5%8D%8A_sport

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Thanks mikaboo! First link worked for me (but not the second), and I contented myself looking at the pictures of Mr. Aoshima with not just Yuzuru but also Nobunari and Takahiko. Is there anything in the accompanying Japanese article that you think we should know?

Noriaki Kasai's a ski jumper so close enough. Yuzuru didn't mention Peak Performance?
    No, Mr. Aoshima didn't mention anything about Peak Performance's influence on Yuzuru. But then again, maybe he "forgot" to mention it
    I've translated some other things related to Yuzuru from the article below. I have a very short concentration span.

Mr. Aoshima has been a therapist for a lot of Japanese figure skaters for a long time (the first being Shin Amano) and Yuzuru has gone to see him since he first landed in Toronto 2 years ago. He does maintenance work on Yuzuru everyday as an exclusive massage therapist and accompanies him to competitions. He is also registered as a massage therapist for JSF and JOC.
    He spends a lot of time with athletes so he is like a father figure to them in Toronto. He supports their mental state as well as physical health. According to Mr. Aoshima, taking the right nutrition, sleep and stress management are important factors to maintain the flow in the body. Team work is vital to achieve this ideal state so a psychiatrist may be necessary to manage stress and mental state, or conversing with athletes from other fields helps too. If you converse with athletes from your own sport only, you can probably understand and share the stress with each other, but this will not lead to any solution for progress. In Hanyu's case, he has found a new way to manage his stress and mental state by conversing with a skiing athlete and is currently doing practices based on the new discovery.
    The article continues about the same logic applying for treatment for ordinary people also.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja3355 View Post
    Here is an interesting TV program named "Kataritei" by Mitz Mangrove who is a famous drag entertainer.
    The topic was about Sochi, especially Yuzu on this day. It's so funny from 12:05. Mitz talked about Yuzu's expression appealing to judges at his SP which was really innocent. It's incredible to do such a cute and innocent expression like just a boy at such a big stage. He said Yuzu has never done this expression before. He said Yuzu is genius and can become an actress immediately!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1e...E5%8D%8A_sport
    I saw this program a while back and really enjoyed it. I also love how Miki Ando describes Yuzuru as a "high-level narcissist"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaboo View Post
    I saw this program a while back and really enjoyed it. I also love how Miki Ando describes Yuzuru as a "high-level narcissist"
    Why did you like it? If I was called high-level narcissist I would be offended
    By the way, did she call Machida narcissist too? What did she exactly mean by it?

Page 428 of 3259 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 478 528 928 1428 ... LastLast