Page 45 of 933 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 545 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    http://nonchan1023.tumblr.com/post/3...ed-for-anthe98

page 3:
    "When the season changed, his chronic asthma worsened, making him face the skating season in the worst condition ever. At the Finlandia Trophy, he almost could not wear his new costume due to his great weight loss."

great weight loss

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    http://nonchan1023.tumblr.com/post/3...ed-for-anthe98

page 3:
    "When the season changed, his chronic asthma worsened, making him face the skating season in the worst condition ever. At the Finlandia Trophy, he almost could not wear his new costume due to his great weight loss."

great weight loss

Then it's amazing that he is still able to rotate and land his quads. Look at what it did to Mao and her jumps. Hope that he is able to regain his weight and get back on track! It looks like Japanese nationals is going to be on heck of a fight.

Custom Title
    The question is why is he loosing weight?

If the weight loss was asthma related , he wouldn’t be able to compete at all.

We all know why Mao experienced the weight loss unfortunately...

Is the new team playing Russian Roulette with Yuzuru? It looks like a very unsafe and insane situation...

Custom Title
    According to the magazine, he sometimes sleeps without having a dinner since practice in Toronto is substantial.
    Moreover, it is said that he always has nutrition tablets in his bag because he can't eat much(for his age).
    In his book, he said that he basically looses his weight when he does not skate for a long time.
    He thinks he will become still thinner after his retirement.

I don't have any information about loosing his weight before the Finlandia Trophy.
    Japanese media doesn't report about his asthma very much, so people who are not skating fans don't know that he has asthma.
    Considering his character, he may also not want to talk about it, I don't know...

Anyway, I wish him good luck on NHK Trophy!!
    He is such a fighter!!

Custom Title
    http://nonchan1023.tumblr.com/

from the article translated :

Yuzuru: I was never asked to express a “grown” young man before, nor was I ever asked to express an actual “expression” or “theme” that was very precise. I know that I have to skate “like a man” and skate “like an adult”, but I am not sure yet about how I can skate like this.

I ‘m really missing the reason why a teen ager should be forced to skate “like a man” and “like an adult”, instead of enhancing all beautiful and fugacious qualities youthfulness can offer......

But the funniest thing is that it seems I’m not the only one, since Yuzuru said “I know that I have to skate “like a man”...but I am not sure yet about how I can skate like this

Yuzuru, you’re really a very smart boy! Please, don’t change in the future !!

Custom Title

Custom Title
    I wasn't very taken with his FS when I first saw it, but after having watched it a couple of times I actually really like the music and think it suits him. The program itself just needs a bit of reworking - the steps don't match the music, there are too many things going on and he looks slow with the choreography. Maybe simplifying it could also make it easier for him to get through the program? Hopefully he'll come out for NHK with an improved version!

Custom Title
    I think Notre Dame FS doesn’t match to Yuzu’s skating , maybe because Mr. “Hanyu who??” Wilson was a bit distracted while creating it…

In fact he “forgot” to add the spread eagle - 3A , which was exceptionally spectacular and difficult - I watched it live and it was unbelieveble, the audience went totally crazy and in fire!!!!

Yuzu was the only top skater in the WORLD to do it and NO ONE else!

It was clearly a trademark and now it’s sadly gone together with twizzles and spins… Ina Bauer survives only but it’s definitely in the wrong position( too much effort for his body resistance) and caused the 3F fall at SA, while he correctly skipped it at FT after some falls during practice …..

What was very innovative and original in Yuzu’s skating has been removed to obtain an homogeneization and standardization of his FS… what a shame, poor kid..

About his SP I would like to say that the crazy 3A entrance it’s not Buttle’s but was already present in last year Scriabin SP, and not only the entance was stunning because just after the landing he had a beautiful sort of rotational movement involving his whole body before the spin. Crazy difficult and crazy beautiful transitions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmKI...eature=related

The actual steps before the 3A seems empty and lifeless if compared to the old one …...

Custom Title
    http://nonchan1023.tumblr.com/

from the article translated :

Yuzuru: I was never asked to express a “grown” young man before, nor was I ever asked to express an actual “expression” or “theme” that was very precise. I know that I have to skate “like a man” and skate “like an adult”, but I am not sure yet about how I can skate like this.

I ‘m really missing the reason why a teen ager should be forced to skate “like a man” and “like an adult”, instead of enhancing all beautiful and fugacious qualities youthfulness can offer......

But the funniest thing is that it seems I’m not the only one, since Yuzuru said “I know that I have to skate “like a man”...but I am not sure yet about how I can skate like this

You know I am glad Hanyu is smart and honest enough to be aware of this himself. I have had the same feelings towards the program since the beginning and felt the programs was too artificial and doesn't quite work, which is a pity, because I really want to like them. It makes so much sense now, if the artist performing it don't believe it himself, so how will the audience about to receive it? However a young man can grow up alot in in this day and age in the space of a year, so maybe by WC, he'd able to get to be skate like a man. Maybe he should hang out with Morozov for 2 weeks It will improve his SP to infinity!

Custom Title
    ahhhh please not Morozov!!!!

Bestemyanova & Bobrin would be perfect for a very quick SP and FS restyling!!!

they love and respect Yuzu so much!

Rinkside
    Some people think Yuzuru is fragile because he is too thin.
    For Japanese ,in fact, he looks thin! But this doesn't mean he is bad health. Japanese men tend to be thin especially in teen age.
    I think his health is not so bad. Don't worry!
    And he doesn't allow himself to make any physical excuse for his bad results in competition.(So he didn't tell about asthma at all.)
    He is very tough guy!
    In Japan he is known for his powerful and positive character.He has a big gap between inner face and appearance.

^ That's good to know and welcome to GS, Rin!

Yuzuru has infinite potential.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    He is very tough guy!
    ....He has a big gap between inner face and appearance.

Custom Title
    ahhhh please not Morozov!!!!

Bestemyanova & Bobrin would be perfect for a very quick SP and FS restyling!!!

they love and respect Yuzu so much!
    Actually the 'benefits' I refer to of hanging around with Morozov for 2 weeks (and certainly no more) has ZERO to do with 'styling' qualities... but Morozov's 'other' notorious qualities. Ahem... consider the SP music is Parisienne Walkways, you get the idea. Any longer than 2 weeks would certainly be too much. Hanyu might ends up doing a ridiculously accurate version of Don Juan De Marco next year and I'd totally faint!. Too much too soon from the Pooh Bear hugger.

Custom Title
    But if Morozov ever got a hold of a talent like Yuzuru, I'm betting he'll never let him leave!

Page 45 of 933 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 545 ... LastLast