Page 48 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 548 1048 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 41321

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #706
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    105

    0 Not allowed!
    This year, senior high school student Hanyu Yuzuru went to Canada because he wants to get gold in Sochi which is 1 year and 3 months away. A lot of media were there before his departure.
    00:33 Hanyu: It's really difficult to bite.
    00:42 Figure skater, Hanyu Yuzuru. 17 years old, and he completed quad jump. He is a young man who has flexibility like a girl's.
    01:20 Japan's next figure skating star.
    01:30 This season, to improve himself, he went overseas to train. His coach is a famous coach who coached Kim Yuna to her gold medal at Vancouver 2010.
    01:50 What awaited him in Canada was training focused on his foundation. This was a different style of training that aimed to improve his skating from 0 (I think in English it's starting from zero right? It was said as starting from 1 in the video.)
    02:00 I was so focused on jumps that to ask me to focus on skating skills is quite hard.
    02:18 So he faced a big challenge.
    (Orser)
    02:34 He wondered how to face this challenge. He went back to Japan because an international competition was around the corner.
    02:55 I want to change myself.
    03:10 He worked towards the challenge of aiming to be the top of the world at age 17.
    03:30 Ontario state, east of Canada. Hanyu had been living here since May.
    03:40 There are many ice shows in Canada. Families and even the elderlies attended these shows.
    04:15 Today is the first time Hanyu participated in an ice show since arriving to Canada. For pro skaters, they participate in ice shows to improve their skills.
    04:33 In Japan's figure skating field, everyone knows Hanyu and he is very popular.
    04:40 But in Canada, almost no one knows him.
    04:50 It's written Yuzura. Oh really, it's Yuzura. Yuzura yuzura... sounds like russian name.
    05:04 And here, Yuzuru Hanya.
    05:11 Hanyu: Can't help it, whatever. I don't really care.
    05:27 In an atmosphere that is different than in Japan, Hanyu started his performance.
    05:40 When it's going to start, the atmosphere in the arena changed.
    05:50 The quad jump that makes people stare (open their eyes?), arousing cheers from the crowd.
    06:15 This day, Hanyu created a name for himself.
    06:36 Hanyu: So tired.
    06:40 What's the difference with Japan's ice show?
    06:42 Hanyu: I thought what was I so nervous for. I was nervous about being overseas and not knowing how the crowd will react. In Japan, the crowd is quiet, but here it is loud and noisy so I was nervous.
    07:10 Hanyu has been training in a rink in Toronto.
    07:20 1pm, back to practice.
    07:30 The club that Hanyu goes to has been established for 60 years. A prestigious club that has produced many medalists. Many skaters from all over the world who are seeking high level practice come here.
    07:50 Hanyu: Please.
    07:57 Here, Hanyu practices for 3 hours a day, 6 days a week.
    (orser)
    08:18 In this club, there are about 20 coaches. There are spins, jumps etc specialist coaches.
    08:37 For Hanyu, to increase the precision of his good quad jump, he sought Brian Orser to be his coach, who in his time, got 2 Olympic silver medals.
    09:00 After retiring and becoming a coach, he coached Kim Yuna to a gold in Vancouver.
    09:17 Orser feels that Hanyu has lots of potential and so started coaching him.
    09:25 The greatest problem is language barrier, so Hanyu uses gestures.
    10:00 In men's single, it is now and era where you can't win without a quad.
    10:14 This season, Hanyu decided to take up the challenge of doing 2 types of quad. The first is quad toe that takes off with the toepick, a jump that he is very proficient in. The other is the quad salchow. This takes off from the edge, making it harder than the toe loop.
    11:00 In the world, there are only few who can do this high difficulty quad salchow.
    11:14 Hanyu went to Canada to improve on his jumps, but Orser wanted him to work on his skating basics instead.
    (orser)
    12:05 The performance of March Worlds winner, Canada's Patrick Chan. His beautiful step sequence, which has a lot of body movements. He has high speed, dynamic jumps.
    12:30 His special quality is his way of skating, a style which is like licking the ice. This type of skating is what Orser refers to as skating skills.
    12:50 With good skating skills, one can get high marks in both TES and PCS.
    12:58 Triple flip.

  2. #707
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    40

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    http://d4.yimg.com/sr/img/1/8b4ecfe7...e-7e8a28b76511

    finally I got it!! I have missed it so much!!
    Yay, it's beautiful! I'm glad to see Yuzuru doing movements that not all male skaters do, this one and the Biellman spin.

  3. #708
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,066

    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBHBV...layer_embedded

    finally Yuzu is free to express himself!!!

    ...and the spread eagle -3A appears!! It's insane to put it in an ex , but I'm so happy to see it again !!

  4. #709
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    295

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBHBV...layer_embedded

    finally Yuzu is free to express himself!!!

    ...and the spread eagle -3A appears!! It's insane to put it in an ex , but I'm so happy to see it again !!
    BEAUTIFUL!!! and at the same time, his jumps are very sharp.
    He was dancing with NHK characters at the end of gala, it was so funny.

  5. #710
    Skeptic Satirist Critic Muppet Fan OS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The soul takes flight to a world that is invisible, but there arriving she is assured of bliss and forever dwells in paradise.
    Posts
    4,292

    0 Not allowed!
    ohhh the cuteness

  6. #711
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    186

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    ohhh the cuteness
    adorable!

  7. #712
    People need to grow up , get a life and move on
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    882

    0 Not allowed!
    Thank you so much lucky kid, great translation.

  8. #713
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    295

    0 Not allowed!
    Yuzuru, Daisuke, Mao and Akiko on NHK last night.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=87l8hI4e0zc

    NHK Trophy 2012 Javier FERNANDEZ SP quotes from Press Conference.
    (He mentioned Yuzuru.)

    https://plus.google.com/114558360894...ts/HhqM1G7t97o

  9. #714
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    250

    0 Not allowed!
    I have been wondering for a while, is there a name for the gliding maneuver he does that looks like a sideways lunge on the heel?

    Photo

  10. #715
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    826

    0 Not allowed!
    From the GPF Prediction thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    For those of you who are predicting Hanyu will win silver or even gold at GPF, well, he’s staying in Sendai alone without a coach until GPF, while Orser will only coach Javier in Toronto. I rarely see anyone doing well when he/she prepares for major events without a coach, so I’m not expecting Hanyu to skate his SP well at GPF, and he could actually be off podium.
    I hope that there will be someone watching over his training to at least provide some emotional/mental support when he's frustrated and to make sure he doesn't overwork and hurt himself. It's a shame that he didn't go back with Orser and Javi. His FS could have used a bit more tweeking to make it more manageable for him.

    Am I the only Hanyu fan that dislikes his current FS? His SP has grown on me after first seeing it from The ICE, but his FS still does nothing for me.
    Last edited by FTnoona; 11-27-2012 at 12:47 AM.

  11. #716
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    14,423

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    From the GPF Prediction thread.



    I hope that there will be someone watching over his training to at least provide some emotional/mental support when he's frustrated and to make sure he doesn't overwork and hurt himself. It's a shame that he didn't go back with Orser and Javi. His FS could have used a bit more tweeking to make it more manageable for him.

    Am I the only Hanyu fan that dislikes his current FS? His SP has grown on me after first seeing it from The ICE, but his FS still does nothing for me.
    Maybe he'll train with his old coach?

  12. #717
    Skeptic Satirist Critic Muppet Fan OS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The soul takes flight to a world that is invisible, but there arriving she is assured of bliss and forever dwells in paradise.
    Posts
    4,292

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    From the GPF Prediction thread.

    I hope that there will be someone watching over his training to at least provide some emotional/mental support when he's frustrated and to make sure he doesn't overwork and hurt himself. It's a shame that he didn't go back with Orser and Javi. His FS could have used a bit more tweeking to make it more manageable for him.

    Am I the only Hanyu fan that dislikes his current FS? His SP has grown on me after first seeing it from The ICE, but his FS still does nothing for me.
    Nope, you are not the only one. Actually Hanyu's both programs has been a bit of a disappointment this season despite the WR for short. I mean the Kid can sell anything, but unlike Romeo and Juliet that fit him naturally and where he can express effortlessly and seamlessly, this season's programs' efforts are all visible. It makes him seems trying too hard and looks a bit lost most of the time, from one performance to the next. He seems just going through the COP requirements relying entirely on his wits.

    I'd call it his 'Lost in Translation' phase, I can't imagine how the communication goes with Buttle telling him and demonstrating at the same time: "dance more sexy, more manly" to a 16/17 year old who still carry pooh bear in his luggage. His FS program is a bit generic, and I don't think it bears anything to the Victor Hugo story, and are merely used as pleasant background music. Hanyu is naturally musical, but the expressions is without meaning or real emotion.

    Same with Daisuke, all his charm seems to have been Morozapped out his choreography. I see a shell of the amazingly charming bonafide skating God, who appears merely mortal and a bit boring, which is all very strange.

    Consider how much I enjoyed the men last year, this year is a bit anti climax. I am hopeful Jeremy and Patrick can rescue this season for me. I really like Jeremy's program, but I really want to love it if he polishes it up a bit and manage to go clean.
    Last edited by OS; 11-27-2012 at 01:42 AM.

  13. #718
    One does not simply skate into Pyeongchang MaiKatze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,148

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Nope, you are not the only one. Actually Hanyu's both programs has been a bit of a disappointment this season despite the WR for short. I mean the Kid can sell anything, but unlike Romeo and Juliet that fit him naturally and where he can express effortlessly and seamlessly, this season's programs' efforts are all visible. It makes him seems trying too hard and looks a bit lost most of the time, from one performance to the next. He seems just going through the COP requirements relying entirely on his wits.

    I'd call it his 'Lost in Translation' phase, I can't imagine how the communication goes with Buttle telling him and demonstrating at the same time: "dance more sexy, more manly" to a 16/17 year old who still carry pooh bear in his luggage. His FS program is a bit generic, and I don't think it bears anything to the Victor Hugo story, and are merely used as pleasant background music. Hanyu is naturally musical, but the expressions is without meaning or real emotion.

    Same with Daisuke, all his charm seems to have been Morozapped out his choreography. I see a shell of the amazingly charming bonafide skating God, who appears merely mortal and a bit boring, which is all very strange.

    Consider how much I enjoyed the men last year, this year is a bit anti climax. I am hopeful Jeremy and Patrick can rescue this season for me. I really like Jeremy's program, but I really want to love it if he polishes it up a bit and manage to go clean.

    +1
    Yes, your post is exactly how I feel concerning Yuzuru and Daisuke. It scares me that I kind of like Patrick Chans FS more than those of my favourites.

  14. #719
    ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,453

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze
    Yes, your post is exactly how I feel concerning Yuzuru and Daisuke. It scares me that I kind of like Patrick Chans FS more than those of my favourites.
    Haha, count me in on that!
    But if we're just honest, Patricks FS this year is extremly beautiful, there's like no way for me not to like it.

    I do like Yuzurus SP by now. At first, I really didn't like it on him, but I think he's grown into it. Now he performs the hell out of it and gets the reward for it. And probably Orser does deserve some credit here for getting his SP more consistent. It's just been two events, but last year he was prone to some 'stupid' mistake in the SP so he had to fight his way back with the FS.
    The FS on the other hand... I don't know what to think of it. The music might be good for him to pace himself, but his Romeo had so much more drama and power I think it helped him to push trough when the stamina issues kicked in. Now sometime in between Yuzu just starts to look a little lost. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for him to start getting better with it and even nail it, best at worlds. If he'd really nail it, I doubt the subpar choreography would be holding his PCS back

    Oh, and this video of Yuzu's FS at 2012 WC just got over 1,000,000 views!! Congrats, baby Yuzu!
    Last edited by Li'Kitsu; 11-27-2012 at 07:38 AM.

  15. #720
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,066

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Oh, and this video of Yuzu's FS at 2012 WC just got over 1,000,000 views!! Congrats, baby Yuzu!

    Finally there's something that little Yuzu shares with real Rock Stars!!!!

Page 48 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 548 1048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •