Page 48 of 629 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 548 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    http://d4.yimg.com/sr/img/1/8b4ecfe7...e-7e8a28b76511

finally I got it!! I have missed it so much!!
    Yay, it's beautiful! I'm glad to see Yuzuru doing movements that not all male skaters do, this one and the Biellman spin.

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBHBV...layer_embedded

finally Yuzu is free to express himself!!!

...and the spread eagle -3A appears!! It's insane to put it in an ex , but I'm so happy to see it again !!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBHBV...layer_embedded

finally Yuzu is free to express himself!!!

...and the spread eagle -3A appears!! It's insane to put it in an ex , but I'm so happy to see it again !!
    BEAUTIFUL!!! and at the same time, his jumps are very sharp.
    He was dancing with NHK characters at the end of gala, it was so funny.

Custom Title
    ohhh the cuteness

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    ohhh the cuteness
    adorable!

Custom Title
    Thank you so much lucky kid, great translation.

Custom Title
    Yuzuru, Daisuke, Mao and Akiko on NHK last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=87l8hI4e0zc

NHK Trophy 2012 Javier FERNANDEZ SP quotes from Press Conference.
    (He mentioned Yuzuru.)

https://plus.google.com/114558360894...ts/HhqM1G7t97o

Custom Title
    I have been wondering for a while, is there a name for the gliding maneuver he does that looks like a sideways lunge on the heel?

Photo

Custom Title
    From the GPF Prediction thread.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    For those of you who are predicting Hanyu will win silver or even gold at GPF, well, he’s staying in Sendai alone without a coach until GPF, while Orser will only coach Javier in Toronto. I rarely see anyone doing well when he/she prepares for major events without a coach, so I’m not expecting Hanyu to skate his SP well at GPF, and he could actually be off podium.
    I hope that there will be someone watching over his training to at least provide some emotional/mental support when he's frustrated and to make sure he doesn't overwork and hurt himself. It's a shame that he didn't go back with Orser and Javi. His FS could have used a bit more tweeking to make it more manageable for him.

Am I the only Hanyu fan that dislikes his current FS? His SP has grown on me after first seeing it from The ICE, but his FS still does nothing for me.
    Last edited by FTnoona; 11-27-2012 at 12:47 AM.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post

I hope that there will be someone watching over his training to at least provide some emotional/mental support when he's frustrated and to make sure he doesn't overwork and hurt himself. It's a shame that he didn't go back with Orser and Javi. His FS could have used a bit more tweeking to make it more manageable for him.

Am I the only Hanyu fan that dislikes his current FS? His SP has grown on me after first seeing it from The ICE, but his FS still does nothing for me.
    Maybe he'll train with his old coach?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post

Nope, you are not the only one. Actually Hanyu's both programs has been a bit of a disappointment this season despite the WR for short. I mean the Kid can sell anything, but unlike Romeo and Juliet that fit him naturally and where he can express effortlessly and seamlessly, this season's programs' efforts are all visible. It makes him seems trying too hard and looks a bit lost most of the time, from one performance to the next. He seems just going through the COP requirements relying entirely on his wits.

I'd call it his 'Lost in Translation' phase, I can't imagine how the communication goes with Buttle telling him and demonstrating at the same time: "dance more sexy, more manly" to a 16/17 year old who still carry pooh bear in his luggage. His FS program is a bit generic, and I don't think it bears anything to the Victor Hugo story, and are merely used as pleasant background music. Hanyu is naturally musical, but the expressions is without meaning or real emotion.

Same with Daisuke, all his charm seems to have been Morozapped out his choreography. I see a shell of the amazingly charming bonafide skating God, who appears merely mortal and a bit boring, which is all very strange.

Consider how much I enjoyed the men last year, this year is a bit anti climax. I am hopeful Jeremy and Patrick can rescue this season for me. I really like Jeremy's program, but I really want to love it if he polishes it up a bit and manage to go clean.
    Last edited by os168; 11-27-2012 at 01:42 AM.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Nope, you are not the only one. Actually Hanyu's both programs has been a bit of a disappointment this season despite the WR for short. I mean the Kid can sell anything, but unlike Romeo and Juliet that fit him naturally and where he can express effortlessly and seamlessly, this season's programs' efforts are all visible. It makes him seems trying too hard and looks a bit lost most of the time, from one performance to the next. He seems just going through the COP requirements relying entirely on his wits.

I'd call it his 'Lost in Translation' phase, I can't imagine how the communication goes with Buttle telling him and demonstrating at the same time: "dance more sexy, more manly" to a 16/17 year old who still carry pooh bear in his luggage. His FS program is a bit generic, and I don't think it bears anything to the Victor Hugo story, and are merely used as pleasant background music. Hanyu is naturally musical, but the expressions is without meaning or real emotion.

Same with Daisuke, all his charm seems to have been Morozapped out his choreography. I see a shell of the amazingly charming bonafide skating God, who appears merely mortal and a bit boring, which is all very strange.

Consider how much I enjoyed the men last year, this year is a bit anti climax. I am hopeful Jeremy and Patrick can rescue this season for me. I really like Jeremy's program, but I really want to love it if he polishes it up a bit and manage to go clean.

+1
    Yes, your post is exactly how I feel concerning Yuzuru and Daisuke. It scares me that I kind of like Patrick Chans FS more than those of my favourites.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze
    Yes, your post is exactly how I feel concerning Yuzuru and Daisuke. It scares me that I kind of like Patrick Chans FS more than those of my favourites.
    Haha, count me in on that!
    But if we're just honest, Patricks FS this year is extremly beautiful, there's like no way for me not to like it.

I do like Yuzurus SP by now. At first, I really didn't like it on him, but I think he's grown into it. Now he performs the hell out of it and gets the reward for it. And probably Orser does deserve some credit here for getting his SP more consistent. It's just been two events, but last year he was prone to some 'stupid' mistake in the SP so he had to fight his way back with the FS.
    The FS on the other hand... I don't know what to think of it. The music might be good for him to pace himself, but his Romeo had so much more drama and power I think it helped him to push trough when the stamina issues kicked in. Now sometime in between Yuzu just starts to look a little lost. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for him to start getting better with it and even nail it, best at worlds. If he'd really nail it, I doubt the subpar choreography would be holding his PCS back

Oh, and this video of Yuzu's FS at 2012 WC just got over 1,000,000 views!! Congrats, baby Yuzu!
    Last edited by Li'Kitsu; 11-27-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Oh, and this video of Yuzu's FS at 2012 WC just got over 1,000,000 views!! Congrats, baby Yuzu!

Finally there's something that little Yuzu shares with real Rock Stars!!!!

Banned
    ^ I wonder if we ever see anything like that from him if the things go as they are going now.

Page 48 of 629 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 548 ... LastLast