Page 52 of 581 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Bristish Eurosport of his FS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DzUd_RF6Jk

CBC Version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52zskDJxSss

I hope that Yuzu can regain his strength in time for nationals.
    Last edited by FTnoona; 12-10-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Custom Title
    http://www.nikkansports.com/m/sports...1058133_m.html (Japanese)

It says that Yuzuru went back to Japan.
    He couldn't walk yesterday.
    I wish him speedy recovery.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post

thank you so much for the information! I hope Yuzu will be fine for JN!!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post

Oh, poor baby! He seems to be in such a good shape during GPF FS. Hope he'll recover soon at home!

Custom Title
    That actually sounds a little serious... Ack, isn't Nationals only in like 10 days? What if he can't compete? Do you think the JSF would give him a bye to Worlds?

Custom Title
    I hope Yuzu will get well soon and start his training for JN.

Fortunately it seemed that training by himself in his hometown rink didn’t affect his GPF performance, since he certainly skated to his best FS program of the season in Sochi.

I was impressed so much by the 3A combo sequence, delivered in about 20 second in the second half of the program, and expecially by the insane entrance of the 3A followed by the Rippon 2T .. the quality of those jumps is unbelievable to me.

Finally Yuzu was able to control his body and his mind perfectly and his stamina has increased a lot compared to NHK FS, he was even able to build momentum in the Ina Bauer , though the actual FS is totally lifeless , full of ripetitive movements without any rhythm or flowingness..

Go little Yuzu!!!

Custom Title
    Yuzuru has just been removed from the cast of the Ice Gala that will be held in Italy on December 29, Aikiko, Fumi and Machida are still scheduled.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I hope he feels better soon.

Custom Title
    Yuzu's FS has been growing on me all this season, and I actually really liked it when he performed it at the GPF. I'm still not a fan of the first step sequence and the choreo is still a little blah in places, but he really managed to make something out of the program regardless. It doesn't hurt that I'm a fan of the music

I just thought of something Kurt Browning said on the CBC broadcast, and I wanted to see what you all thought. He mentioned that, while the program isn't as emotional and exciting as R&J last year, it allows him to be more consistent technically by holding him back a little so he can focus on the elements. Basically, its a good stepping-stone program that teaches him how to manage his energy, etc. I can kind of see what he means, but I'm a little skeptical - thoughts? I think Yuzu would be able to do that even with a very emotional program.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    Yuzu's FS has been growing on me all this season, and I actually really liked it when he performed it at the GPF. I'm still not a fan of the first step sequence and the choreo is still a little blah in places, but he really managed to make something out of the program regardless. It doesn't hurt that I'm a fan of the music

I just thought of something Kurt Browning said on the CBC broadcast, and I wanted to see what you all thought. He mentioned that, while the program isn't as emotional and exciting as R&J last year, it allows him to be more consistent technically by holding him back a little so he can focus on the elements. Basically, its a good stepping-stone program that teaches him how to manage his energy, etc. I can kind of see what he means, but I'm a little skeptical - thoughts? I think Yuzu would be able to do that even with a very emotional program.
    I would agree with that. Yuzuru is a guy who wants to put 150 percent. I think an emotional program like R&J, it's actually quite natural to put all your intensity into it and it really doesn't let up that much throughout the program. With Norte Dame there's sort of a building to different climax points so he doesn't need to through all his intensity into it, in fact constant frantic energy doesn't work well with the building parts. That was the one thing I really appreciated at GPF. He was still passionate and energetic, but not too frantic and rushed.

When I get a chance, I can sketch out a little more...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post

I totally agree with you

my feeling is the Canadian team understimate Yuzu both as a skater and as a person.

I wonder if it’s a coicidence Yuzu had a lot of stamina in the FS the only time he trained by himself even if I’ve red somewhere he had to train at night because of poor facilities.. I hope this is untrue and he’ll be able to prepare for JN in his hometown rink properly .

I also wonder if Yuzu has just started making his own decision now that he’s legally an “adult”…

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    my feeling is the Canadian team understimate Yuzu both as a skater and as a person.
    I wouldn't say "understimate" maybe they just played it safe this season cuz his programme is technically harder then last season and it's the first year when they work together. All in all I think the music choice is OK but choreo could be more interesting, especially at step sequences.
    I just hope they'll come up with something more strong next year (maybe Jeffrey will do both SP & LP)

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    ^^Yuzuru has still 2 years to go. The legal adult age of Japan is 20 not 18. Becoming 20 is a pretty big deal over there. With 18, and especially if you're still in High School, you're still considered a child.

Custom Title
    Article on Yuzu by Absolute Skating that was posted on FSU by turquoiseblue
    http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...s&id=2012hanyu

It's a pretty interesting read.

Custom Title
    Yes, so-called Coming-of-Age is 20 years old in Japan.
    You can finally drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes when you become 20, although boys can get married at the age of 18.
    (By the way, girls can get married at the age of 16)
    Yuzuru have to drink pop or tea at the party at least.

I liked his FP at the GPF A LOT!!
    I can't express my feeling about it in English very well, but I REALLY LIKED IT!!

Now I want to see a video of little Yuzuru smiling with no front teeth on the podium.

Page 52 of 581 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast