Page 522 of 673 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 572 622 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 10086

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    May I ask you about yukata (do they wear yukata in these pictures, am I right?) for men in Japan? Is it always of the dark colours? Like on these pictures guys wear mainly three coloured yukata: black, grey and white. Do they exist in different shades? And how are they usually distributed among skaters on such events- I mean is there any preference in design or pattern used on fabric? I hope it doesn't sound rude to ask?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrento View Post
    May I ask you about yukata (do they wear yukata in these pictures, am I right?) for men in Japan? Is it always of the dark colours? Like on these pictures guys wear mainly three coloured yukata: black, grey and white. Do they exist in different shades? And how are they usually distributed among skaters on such events- I mean is there any preference in design or pattern used on fabric? I hope it doesn't sound rude to ask?
    You can have Yukata in any color you like --and any pattern. It's a light-weight traditional garb that you usually see during the summer time festivals and parties etc. You also see them a lot in onsens. I'm not sure when these are given out...maybe it's the costume for the after show banquet? There are certainly trends in Yukatas though.

Custom Title
    The yukata clothing for skaters at DOI were sponsored by SOU・SOU, a brand based on Kyoto, Japan. The designer mentioned Yuzu chose the style of yukata himself.

See more at SOU・SOU website

Their new styles of 2014 for lady are quite attractive to me!
    http://www.sousou.co.jp/other/2014ss/?

Custom Title
    As a Japanese, I didn't even notice mens yukata is always of dark colors

Actually, in the old days, dark color, that is indigo, was mainly used for girls yukata too, because yukata was a casual wear, and other colors were a kind of luxury. It was used as night clothes after repeated washing, then used as baby's diaper, rags, etc. Girls yukatas were not colorful as the ones you see these days either.

Anyway, I see mens yukata in dark colors very masculine and cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukata

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B5%B4%E8%A1%A3

Edit: I like his yukata of the last year more.

http://prcm.jp/album/yuzuhanyu/pic/31872347

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

Actually, in the old days, dark color, that is indigo, was mainly used for girls yukata too, because yukata was a casual wear, and other colors were a kind of luxury. It was used as night clothes after repeated washing, then used as baby's diaper, rags, etc. Girls yukatas were not colorful as the ones you see these days either.

Thanks for the info Suzy how many things do we learn in this thread?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Thanks for the info Suzy how many things do we learn in this thread?
    So far:
    Type of personalities
    Who is grass and who eats eat
    About Yukatas
    Lot´s of music
    Chopin´s ballade stories
    Types of food in Japan
    Digestive track diseases
    When you plant a tree in Japan
    The history and prestige of Waseda University
    Types of earphones
    How many versions of Romeo & Juliet music there are
    Choreographers

Thorse out of the top of my mind

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    there's a chance I might try to see Spain in the wintertime
    I am definitely considering the GPF. I'm familiar with Barcelona, having spent more than one holiday there in the past few years, and would love to visit it in the winter for a change. :-)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    So far:
    Type of personalities
    Who is grass and who eats eat
    About Yukatas
    Lot´s of music
    Chopin´s ballade stories
    Types of food in Japan
    Digestive track diseases
    When you plant a tree in Japan
    The history and prestige of Waseda University
    Types of earphones
    How many versions of Romeo & Juliet music there are
    Choreographers

Thorse out of the top of my mind

Actually, I learnt myself, through "blood types", "grass-eater, meat-eater", "S type-M type" talks, that Japanese are the people who really like to categorize things or people

So, next time Yuzuru is categorized in something, guys, don't worry too much. It's just a Japanese habit

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    You can have Yukata in any color you like --and any pattern. It's a light-weight traditional garb that you usually see during the summer time festivals and parties etc. You also see them a lot in onsens. I'm not sure when these are given out...maybe it's the costume for the after show banquet? There are certainly trends in Yukatas though.
    Thank you! I thought they receive the certain number of Yukatas and have to choose from those to wear. So I was surprised men wore only dark colours and Yuzu seemed to have the most festive kind of Yukata. I loved it so much, I'd wear it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    The yukata clothing for skaters at DOI were sponsored by SOU・SOU, a brand based on Kyoto, Japan. The designer mentioned Yuzu chose the style of yukata himself.

See more at SOU・SOU website

Their new styles of 2014 for lady are quite attractive to me!
    http://www.sousou.co.jp/other/2014ss/?
    Wow, thank you so much! I went through all the models trying to figure how they'd look on me. But honestly- Yuzu's Yukata is the best on my taste. I wonder why they didn't bring the dark green and dark red design, those look very interesting on their website.

Thank you so much for the details, quite an intersting read! Oh, if there were indigo ones... I'd totally wear an indigo coloured Yukata (with a simple embroidery like the one Javi wore last year). That colour looks kind of regal you know, expensive one. It was very interesting to read that the traditional Yukata is of the basic simple dark colours and are used till the fabric is gone in pieces.
    I actually loved both Yukatas Yuzu wore last year and this year, they both seem to look fresh and elegant, suit him a lot. Plus this year Yukata with those flowers- they look like little Sun symbols, quite suitable for him as a reigning King of Figure Skating. Or shall I say- the young FS Emperor?

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie_20 View Post
    I am definitely considering the GPF. I'm familiar with Barcelona, having spent more than one holiday there in the past few years, and would love to visit it in the winter for a change. :-)
    Haha we should do a Yuzuru fan girl meet up as we attempt to coordinate our posters for the GPF....

Do you know what the weather will be like in December? I heard it's not much different from the East coast, which is where I'm planning on traveling from.

On the Ice
    [QUOTE=firal;955660]

I had already bought tickets(plus accommodation and airfare) to Skate Canada, so I was hoping he would be there too, but oh well. (Will I see anyone there??)

I will be at Skate Canada as well....see you there!!!!

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    I've only been to Spain once (somewhere around Almeria) but I'm not a big fan of hot places, so I guess I'd probably like it better in the winter anyway Besides, with a flight time of 2 hours Barcelona is practically within spitting distance and the air fare is usually no more than 150€, so I'm definitely more than just considering this.

Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    Haha we should do a Yuzuru fan girl meet up as we attempt to coordinate our posters for the GPF....

Do you know what the weather will be like in December? I heard it's not much different from the East coast, which is where I'm planning on traveling from.
    we should totally team up I'll bring the glitter and the gemstones

don't know about the weather and don't know if this helps you in any way, but here's some kind of weather log for Barcelona

Medalist
    Hello everyone! I've found this forum not too long ago and have been trying to read as much as possible as I'm fairly new to figure skating.

I'm also considering to go see GPF this year. Having said that, I'm not sure if I can afford the time to go. 2015 World would be a better time for me, but I suppose tickets would be hard to get because Yuzu has a lot of fans in China whereas figure skating is not as popular in Spain yet. Actually, I really really wish he can either go for Skate Canada or Skate America instead. :P

Custom Title
    Anybody knows how to buy tickets for GPF?

Page 522 of 673 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 572 622 ... LastLast