Page 53 of 669 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    my feeling is the Canadian team understimate Yuzu both as a skater and as a person.

I wonder if it’s a coicidence Yuzu had a lot of stamina in the FS the only time he trained by himself even if I’ve red somewhere he had to train at night because of poor facilities.. I hope this is untrue and he’ll be able to prepare for JN in his hometown rink properly .
    Yuzu's mom went to Sochi with him. After he returned to Sendai for NHK, he is practically on her loving mother's watch. Maybe that is one of the reasons why he skated better at GPF than at GPs. And it seems like he will be in Japan till Osaka venue of Stars on Ice, i.e. minimum 6 weeks with no coach. It brings the feeling that either him or his family doesn't want him to go to Toronto, at least alone. At the same time, being without a coach is not good either.

^Six weeks is a long time to be coachless. I hope that Hanyu has an alternate plan.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 12-14-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: grammar

Custom Title
    I doubt Yuzuru will be entirely coachless; I'm sure the JSF will send someone to monitor him and in this age of Internet, Brian Orser will likely be keeping tabs on him quite frequently.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I doubt Yuzuru will be entirely coachless; I'm sure the JSF will send someone to monitor him and in this age of Internet, Brian Orser will likely be keeping tabs on him quite frequently.
    Yes, the JSF could send Nanami to monitor him immediately!!

I apologize for the sarcasm, I just couldn’t resist saying that,

but the situation is sooo akward... 6 weeks of anarchy and self-management are too many for little Yuzu.. too much responsability on his thin shoulders...

Custom Title
    He's not that helpless, I'm sure he'll be fine. Summer before last he trained by himself at different ice show arenas, so this isn't bad at all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    He's not that helpless, I'm sure he'll be fine. Summer before last he trained by himself at different ice show arenas, so this isn't bad at all.
    Summer before last he had to train by himself because of the Big Earthquake, it wasn't his choice...hometown rink damaged, poor facilities and money available...

Custom Title
    Summer before last he had to train by himself because of the Big Earthquake, it wasn't his choice...hometown rink damaged, poor facilities and money available...
    I know; I was just suggesting that he has trained by himself before, and under worse circumstances. He still did quite well last season, and compared to last year this really isn't that bad of a situation. I dunno, he seems pretty independent and able to handle responsibility well, so I think he'll be fine.

Custom Title
    Yes, but now it's not much of his choice either. He's reportedly "sick" and recovering, and would much rather stay in Sendai then head back to Toronto. I am assuming it has more or less to do with the avoidance of jet lag, especially so close to the Japanese Nationals.

Anyways, I believe Yuzuru is in good hands

Custom Title

but the situation is sooo akward... 6 weeks of anarchy and self-management are too many for little Yuzu.. too much responsability on his thin shoulders...
    You make it sound like Yuzuru's going to spend the next six weeks doing nothing but drink beer, get into bar fights and pick up random girls

As I said earlier, Yuzuru's almost certainly going to get monitored. And as a young, teenaged skater who is training abroad for the first time (and is also quite ill), I think spending some time with his friends and family in his home country is a good idea for Yuzuru's emotional well-being (which, ultimately, is more important than skating in the long run).

You make it sound like Yuzuru's going to spend the next six weeks doing nothing but drink beer, get into bar fights and pick up random girls

Custom Title
    And as a young, teenaged skater who is training abroad for the first time (and is also quite ill), I think spending some time with his friends and family in his home country is a good idea for Yuzuru's emotional well-being (which, ultimately, is more important than skating in the long run).
    No doubt that preparing himself physically and mentally for a massive blood battle without a coach since November 26 is really a brilliant idea!! I can clearly imagine all the other japanese top skaters doing exactly the same , Dai, Taka, Oda & others spending time with friends and being coachless!!

If Yuzu will do well at JN he’ll be a mature and independent young “adult”, if he’ll skate badly it will be his own responsibility …

Honestly he has been training alone two out of four seasonal competitions.. this is just a little bit weird for a kid , at least I hope Orser will arrive in Japan soon.

I'm missing this point :"..... Yuzuru's emotional well-being (which, ultimately, is more important than skating in the long run).[/
    Last edited by giulia95; 12-16-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I can't imagine little Yuzuru Hanyu drinking beer, let alone get into bar fights and picking up girls period xD But I think Yuzuru will be fine, he seems like a very sensible guy, and knows how to take responsibility for his own skating.
    Last edited by Becki; 12-15-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I can't imagine little Yuzuru Hanyu drinking beer, let alone get into bar fights and picking up girls period xD But I think Yuzuru will be fine, he seems like a very sensible guy, and knows how to take responsibility for his own skating.

The interview at http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...s&id=2012hanyu gives a good idea of who Yuzuru is as a person and as a skater (I always try to visualize, and really focus on visualizing going through my jumps in my mind. When I am in the best shape, I can see everything; a 360-degree image from every angle. )

I think Yuzu is extremely mature for his age, but this doesn’t mean he has to face harder training conditions than other skaters.
    It seems there’s a lack of communication between Yuzu and his team, they want him to be an “adult” when he skates, but then it doesn’t seem pupil’s opinions count that much in the whole picture…

He has already demonstrated during GPS FS to be able to self- handle his asthma and his stamina better than his team, but this is a very risky and unsafe way to proceede IMO.

If Yuzu needs some periods to rest at home I think the team or JSF should just accept it and support him providing a coach in his hometown rink when necessary. They shouldn’t leave him alone for many weeks in case he can’t or doesn’t want to train in Toronto, expecially when a very big competition is going to happen…

At JN maybe it won’t be sufficient to hope he’ll be fine because he knows how to take his own responsibility despite his young age…Yuzu needs to be strictly supported exactly like everyone else and like his former coach always did.

Since Orser has stated JN are more important then GPF If I remember it correctly, I hope he’ll be with Yuzu very soon.
    Last edited by giulia95; 12-16-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Yuzu's one and only main coach, however, has his own twitter site now!

Custom Title
    A little information but Yuzuru was checking e-mail(practice schedule) from Orser on the ice in rink Sendai.
    I don't have any idea when the film was shot (maybe after NHK or GPF?).
    Yuzuru said in an interview that he liked to train using time shcedule with calendar planed by Orser,
    so he might be faithfully stick to the plan when he is alone in rink Sendai(just my guessing!).

Page 53 of 669 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast