Page 55 of 335 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

On the Ice
    Thanks, yude!
    Wow, if he was nervous I'm glad that it didn't influence his performance like at GPF.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Brief translation:

"I was so nervous that I couldn't pay attention to facial expression. I was very surprised and happy to see the score, but I have to focus on tommorow's skating."

"(about selection of the world championships) It's so hard, but Nationals is Nationals. And I have only a bronze medal of this competition so I will do my best to get a better medal tommorow."

After the interview of SP, Yuzuru was saying, "I was SO nervous...I thought my heart would stop beating during 6-min practice".
    He seemed to feel relieved.

According to the articles, he lost some weight and muscle but he took five days off and could practice as usual.

thank you very much for translation, Yude!!

I would say to Yuzu's little heart to stay calm , to beat properly and to let him breath!!!

Custom Title
    Congratulations, Yuzuru!!!
    I will not forget your reaction in K&C and Orser's smile watching you perform
    Please get some rests and gain some weight.

On the Ice

FS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpB5jaiA27s
    or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXu8GwwgVT8
    Not good landings on 4T and 4S but overall I loved the performance
    Last edited by Lunna; 12-22-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Custom Title
    Congrats Yuzu! It was a great skate, and he keeps building on each performance. Great fight to hold the two quads, and then clean the rest of the way - guts and nerves of steel. Two excellent programs back to back, and there's still room to improve for Worlds!

Custom Title
    it’s scary to me how Yuzu’s immense willpower is able to control his body and push it beyond the limit , like he did today.

Custom Title
    I'm so glad for him, and admire the mental strength he displayed in this performance; but the program hasn't warmed me yet and I wish he has more ballet training to improve his line!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    it’s scary to me how Yuzu’s immense willpower is able to control his body and push it beyond the limit , like he did today.
    I agree... so proud of Yuzu and worried about him at the same time.

I feel like kidnap him so I can feed him cake and energy drinks, as well as one of my super nutritious spicy beef noodles at least 3 times a day for like a week. He need to build up his strength land those quads, so he still have the energy to committed to the the performance aspect during FS. Through out he seem visibly struggling, you can almost see him count his breath and count down to the next element and how to manage his conditions to the brink. It is like watching someone weak at knees walking a very narrow ledge, a bit worrying.
    Last edited by os168; 12-22-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I agree... so proud of Yuzu and worried about him at the same time.

I feel like kidnap him so I can feed him cake and energy drinks, as well as one of my super nutritious spicy beef noodles at least 3 times a day for like a week. He need to build up his strength land those quads, so he still have the energy to committed to the the performance aspect during FS. Through out he seem visibly struggling, you can almost see him count his breath and count down to the next element and how to manage his conditions to the brink. It is like watching someone weak at knees walking a very narrow ledge, a bit worrying.
    I think it was nerves - the pressure really got to him. But of course, he needs to take care of his body! He looked quite pale, and very thin. I have confidence he'll recover in time for Worlds I predict we'll see a World Champion from Japan in March

Custom Title
    I don't think he looked especially tired, just nervous. He wasn't huffing and puffing and overwhelmed at the end of the program, and he maintained good speed throughout the performance. He was less wild and less hectic in his movements, and I think that gives the impression of him being tired when really he's just flowing through the choreo better and being less wasteful with his energy.

Medalist
    Yuzuru Hanyu 2012 Japanese National Champion!
    Last edited by kimganos; 12-23-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Rinkside
    Congrats Yuzuru on winning your first national championships and being accepted by Waseda University! He'll take the same correspondence course that Yukari Nakano graduated from, this will allow him to continue training in Canada. So amazing that he has managed his skating and studies so well! Newslink (in Japanese)here: http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...do_sp-spo.html and here:http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20121...50058000c.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by merleice View Post
    Congrats Yuzuru on winning your first national championships and being accepted by Waseda University! He'll take the same correspondence course that Yukari Nakano graduated from, this will allow him to continue training in Canada. So amazing that he has managed his skating and studies so well! Newslink (in Japanese)here: http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...do_sp-spo.html and here:http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20121...50058000c.html
    Thank you for the links, merleice!
    Congratulations on being a student of Waseda University, Yuzuru!!
    (and I can't believe that he is going to be a university student next spring... )

On the Ice
    yude, could you please translate what Yuzuru says after FS?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpB5jaiA27s

Custom Title
    WOW Yuzuru! How does he manage all that in his busy schedule...
    Did he take the university entrance exam between NHK and GPF?

Page 55 of 335 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast