Page 56 of 2617 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 106 156 556 1056 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 39242

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #826
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    250

    0 Not allowed!
    WOW Yuzuru! How does he manage all that in his busy schedule...
    Did he take the university entrance exam between NHK and GPF?

  2. #827
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,486

    0 Not allowed!
    Congrats to Yuzuru! Though I'll always root for Daisuke, I feel lucky to be a fan while Yuzuru is skating, and it's exciting to realize that he's just starting his climb to excellence.

  3. #828
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    411

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    WOW Yuzuru! How does he manage all that in his busy schedule...
    Did he take the university entrance exam between NHK and GPF?
    Amazing, congrats! I'd imagine so, because apparently he received his acceptance letter after the GPF.

  4. #829
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    269

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunna View Post
    yude, could you please translate what Yuzuru says after FS?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpB5jaiA27s
    Very brief translation:

    "I still can't believe that I won, somehow I could manage to hold on because of the score of SP."
    "Takahashi-senshu was very strong, he narrowed the gap of the score after FS. If I were him, I could not have done that. I should practice more and more and want to skate better in FP."

    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00211.htm

    This article says that Yuzuru passed an essay examination, and after that, he had an oral examination using Skype on Dec.9 in Sochi. No wonder he got sick from a lot of mental pressure.

    I'm verry looking forward to seeing EX!!
    Last edited by yude; 12-23-2012 at 11:33 PM.

  5. #830
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,109

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    Amazing, congrats! I'd imagine so, because apparently he received his acceptance letter after the GPF.
    I am so proud of Yuzuru Wow, no wonder he was so stressed out T__T

  6. #831
    Skeptic Satirist Critic Muppet Fan OS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The soul takes flight to a world that is invisible, but there arriving she is assured of bliss and forever dwells in paradise.
    Posts
    4,273

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Very brief translation:

    "I still can't believe that I won, somehow I could manage to hold on because of the score of SP."
    "Takahashi-senshu was very strong, he narrowed the gap of the score after FS. If I were him, I could not have done that. I should practice more and more and want to skate better in FP."

    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00211.htm

    This article says that Yuzuru passed an essay examination, and after that, he had an oral examination using Skype on Dec.9 in Sochi. No wonder he got sick from a lot of mental pressure.

    I'm verry looking forward to seeing EX!!

    Whaaa.. that is an amazing achievement! It explained a few things. Imagine taking A-Levels for Uni entrance exam and still did THAT!!
    Next year is going to be even better I am sure! Congrats Yuzu!

  7. #832
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,021

    0 Not allowed!
    http://photo.sankei.jp.msn.com/essay/photo?gid={0C0E401E-6B94-4586-932E-B9BDF624296C}

    http://photo.sankei.jp.msn.com/essay...-B9BDF624296C}

    Last edited by dorispulaski; 12-26-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: make link clickable

  8. #833
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,642

    0 Not allowed!

  9. #834
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    91

    0 Not allowed!
    Awwww, I love this Yuzuru's number, whish he'd skated it all year. Plus R&J, ehat can be better? He's soooo beautiful when he's 100% into music

  10. #835
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    91

    0 Not allowed!

  11. #836
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,109

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    So good!!! Merry Christmas everybody ^^

  12. #837
    Skeptic Satirist Critic Muppet Fan OS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The soul takes flight to a world that is invisible, but there arriving she is assured of bliss and forever dwells in paradise.
    Posts
    4,273

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Gosh Hanyu is fulfilling my image of him as a Flower boy from Hana Yori Dango nicely... talk about ultimate skating idol build up. He can head billing his own ice show soon. He seems so much more emotionally invested in this performance than his FS... perhaps he can consider doing something more closely home?
    Last of Samurai perhaps? Or something by a Japanese composer?

  13. #838
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,109

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Gosh Hanyu is fulfilling my image of him as a Flower boy from Hana Yori Dango nicely... talk about ultimate skating idol build up. He can head billing his own ice show soon. He seems so much more emotionally invested in this performance than his FS... perhaps he can consider doing something more closely home?
    Last of Samurai perhaps? Or something by a Japanese composer?
    Can they transform this exhibition into a competitive piece? That would be so awesome!! :D I would totally attend Yuzuru's own ice show...

  14. #839
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    411

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    This article says that Yuzuru passed an essay examination, and after that, he had an oral examination using Skype on Dec.9 in Sochi. No wonder he got sick from a lot of mental pressure.
    Mad respect.

    This uploader translated the song lyrics and subtitled his NHK version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1PNaAM37LA I'm glad he performed it again!

    As for future programs... I'd actually love for him to skate to something by Joe Hisaishi (not Nausicaa though since Taka already skated to that).

  15. #840
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    269

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thank you for the link! Our Romeo is back!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    As for future programs... I'd actually love for him to skate to something by Joe Hisaishi (not Nausicaa though since Taka already skated to that).
    I think Joe Hisaishi is genius.

    I sometimes wonder...if Yuzuru skates Romeo and Juliet at full length now, he might land the last salcow easily.

Page 56 of 2617 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 106 156 556 1056 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •