Page 567 of 908 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 617 667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 13607

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrento View Post
    Thank you so much! Actually I need help with Panda Lion, could you give me a link or two to their songs/ music? Youtube seems to give me only cute panda videos instead of music.
    You should search in Japanese "パンダライオン".

Their album "パンダライオン 1 - EP". And one song of album "ハジマリのウタ (Song of the beginning)".

Of course, you can't miss their famous song for Yuzu cheering project in Sochi - "夢に描くキセキ (Miracle to draw a dream)"

In finale of Together On Ice, they sang this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4mSXeKrPCE

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    You should search in Japanese "パンダライオン".
    I got a girl band playing jazz and I thought I'd rather ask again. Completely forgot they took part in Together on Ice. Thank you!

Custom Title
    I'm back! 4 days without electricity and internet...and water was a horrible experienced. I miss this place, it's like a happy pill.

I'm terribly amused by those fans who can't take it if their favorite skater posted pics with a bit of skin ship. I kinda understand adolescent fans but adult fans acting like teenagers, I don't get it. Maybe that's why I'm glad Yuzu doesn't have SNS and that Mao & Kana's are set to private.

Yuzu considering a quad in the 2nd half is believable but I don't remember him taking risk with his SP & LP at the same time. If you looked at his program layout he makes changes in stages and not all at once. He is calculating but he is scientific in his approach so I think he'll continue to work on his 4S and maybe create minor changes in his LP layout.

His affair with earphones and audio tech is adorable, I kinda relate since most of the time I'm being practical in spending but I reward myself on a regular basis after working hard 24/7. It's what keeps me sane and drives me to work harder.

Nori is certainly charmed, Yuzu has a way of charming uncles and claiming a spot in their hearts.

On his asthma and stamina, being this is my field of work and as fellow sufferer I can say that it's related. Asthma is a chronic condition and proper control (avoid allergens, take meds) avoids exacerbations/attacks. However, there are factors that can't be controlled such as weather/humidity/climate/season. Cold air per se in my experience and work doesn't causes attack. I'm heat intolerant, so air conditioning is my friend but cold air + extremes of humidity is a different matter. Sudden rain on a hot day also is not good for me (something to do with the chemical reactions of the ions irritating the airways and lungs). Reading about his asthma, i would say using our protocols that he is the uncontrolled type since he's been on meds even before he started skating and yet still has regular attacks. Although in fairness, the Japanese protocol is different.

Adding that to the fact that there are some variants of asthma that are triggered by exercise, stress and activities or events which increases chemicals that may cause narrowing of the airway, Yuzu can't skate longer compared to those without asthma. If he has limited time going through his program his body isn't conditioned to adjust to the rigorous layout thus his stamina is shorter. Being a slow and picky eater also doesn't help much because competitive skating consumes more than a thousand calories.

Also, being thin does NOT mean smaller lung capacity though. Taller and non-obese people as well those who lives in places with high altitude should have larger lung capacity. Asthma does not mean a smaller lung volume capacity but it would limit or hinder the flow of air if the airway becomes constricted.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    On his asthma and stamina, being this is my field of work and as fellow sufferer I can say that it's related. Asthma is a chronic condition and proper control (avoid allergens, take meds) avoids exacerbations/attacks. However, there are factors that can't be controlled such as weather/humidity/climate/season. Cold air per se in my experience and work doesn't causes attack. I'm heat intolerant, so air conditioning is my friend but cold air + extremes of humidity is a different matter. Sudden rain on a hot day also is not good for me (something to do with the chemical reactions of the ions irritating the airways and lungs). Reading about his asthma, i would say using our protocols that he is the uncontrolled type since he's been on meds even before he started skating and yet still has regular attacks. Although in fairness, the Japanese protocol is different.

Adding that to the fact that there are some variants of asthma that are triggered by exercise, stress and activities or events which increases chemicals that may cause narrowing of the airway, Yuzu can't skate longer compared to those without asthma. If he has limited time going through his program his body isn't conditioned to adjust to the rigorous layout thus his stamina is shorter. Being a slow and picky eater also doesn't help much because competitive skating consumes more than a thousand calories.

Also, being thin does NOT mean smaller lung capacity though. Taller and non-obese people as well those who lives in places with high altitude should have larger lung capacity. Asthma does not mean a smaller lung volume capacity but it would limit or hinder the flow of air if the airway becomes constricted.
    Thank you for your insight! Me being the one who hypothesized that thinness (by which I meant the extreme narrowness and also relative shortness of his torso/thoracic region), I didn't mean it as a condition pertaining to his asthma rather just another factor that could contribute to his struggles with stamina. But you make a lot of interesting points, and in the end, educated guesses like yours are probably the closest we have to any sort of real answers.

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    I'm back! 4 days without electricity and internet...and water was a horrible experienced. I miss this place, it's like a happy pill.

I'm terribly amused by those fans who can't take it if their favorite skater posted pics with a bit of skin ship. I kinda understand adolescent fans but adult fans acting like teenagers, I don't get it. Maybe that's why I'm glad Yuzu doesn't have SNS and that Mao & Kana's are set to private.

Yuzu considering a quad in the 2nd half is believable but I don't remember him taking risk with his SP & LP at the same time. If you looked at his program layout he makes changes in stages and not all at once. He is calculating but he is scientific in his approach so I think he'll continue to work on his 4S and maybe create minor changes in his LP layout.

His affair with earphones and audio tech is adorable, I kinda relate since most of the time I'm being practical in spending but I reward myself on a regular basis after working hard 24/7. It's what keeps me sane and drives me to work harder.

Nori is certainly charmed, Yuzu has a way of charming uncles and claiming a spot in their hearts.

Welcome back ! :D very interesting your info about asthma thanks ^^

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Welcome back ! :D very interesting your info about asthma thanks ^^
    Welcome, it's something I'm quite familiar with. In fact this weekend I woke up in the middle of the night because of it. The typhoon cut out our electricity supply and it was hot so I had an attack. I wasn't able to sleep gauging if my inhalers were enough to control it since I got off my inhaled steroids last Feb or go to the ER. Yuzu's condition was interesting to me so I looked up how Japan managed their asthma in children compared to our practice but I end up being confused.

Custom Title
    Yuzu's condition was interesting to me so I looked up how Japan managed their asthma in children compared to our practice but I end up being confused.
    How do they manage it? I'm curious too..

Custom Title
    It seems that Yuzu went to Mao's THE ICE show. Or he just appeared in a program about Mao's show. Not sure yet.
    http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/66198b...20hs0d9gnv.jpg
    http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/66198b...20hs0dbtaz.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan22 View Post
    It seems that Yuzu went to Mao's THE ICE show. Or he just appeared in a program about Mao's show. Not sure yet.
    http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/66198b...20hs0d9gnv.jpg
    http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/66198b...20hs0dbtaz.jpg
    He was carring his skates, it seems. Maybe practicing SP with Jeff?

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    How do they manage it? I'm curious too..
    Yes how? I'm also curious ><

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Yes how? I'm also curious ><
    I'm going to make this as simple as possible since there are a lot of technical terms we are using. Base on this translation, Yuzu has maintenance medication pills taken 2x a day and a probable rescue inhaler with symptoms and limitation or interference in daily activities.

Here in the Philippines and in most parts of the world, asthma is managed using what we call the Global Initiative for Asthma or GINA protocol. If you are interested you can download the protocol here. If you do, please take a look at page 64 & 65 of the pdf file. For me the important part in management would be to assess the level of control first after doing history and physical examinations. Now using page 64 and basing on the translated article of Yuzu, I'll put him in the partly controlled category at his best level of control since the data is not enough for me to conclude. Uncontrolled if we were to consider his first season in Canada.

Now considering he is a skater I would probably start with Step 3 (low dosed inhaled corticosteroid with long acting B2 stimulant) since I often start conservatively and then observe for 1 week. But it's likely that basing on his occupation and personality I'll probably shift to step 4 (medium to high dose inhaled steroid with long acting B2 stimulant + leukotriene OR theophylline) or 5 (Step 4 + oral steroid OR anti - IgE ). This is how I will manage present Yuzu btw IF I'll get him as a patient NOW (okay, so I only have 4 months before he turns past my specialty), although that protocol applies to above 5 years old so we never know.

Looking at the 2010 Japanese protocol (there could be an update on this but I'm not so sure), Yuzu's control is probably mild persistent to moderate persistent (page 155). Basing on page 162 he is either step 2 or 3 at the on step but again, if it was me I'll put him on step 3 due to skating then observe if I have to step up. Step 3 means low dosed inhaled steroid with or without Leukotriene receptor antagonist OR long acting B2 stimulant OR theophylline or Inhaled disodium cromoglycate (which I think is obsolete).

Now, I'm just deducing that the 2x a day pill is a sustained released theophylline or the oral form of a long acting B2 stimulant because the leukotriene receptor antagonist is taken once a day (I personally used a combined Montelukast + Levocetirizine but my pulmonologist had me shifted to inhaled steroid since I did not improved with conservative management). So Yuzu is probably step 3 or a 4 at worse BUT the translated article did not mention if he is using his inhaler for control OR rescue (in my understanding it's only rescue since he only "carries" it around). If the Japanese guideline is followed and he is on Step 3 then he should be under inhaled steroid with or without B2 stimulant or leukotriene or theophylline or DSCG with rescue meds for exacerbations or what they termed as seizure until that is controlled. Treatment steps down a lower level once that is controlled until only rescue meds are needed. Rescue med of choice is inhaled beta 2 stimulant inhalers like salbutamol since it acts fast that is why I carry them around unless I'm within reach of my nebulizer.

Maybe I'm not looking at it objectively and missed something but if he is gaining control of his asthma and I'm his pedia I'll remove the additional meds first and stick with the ICS until I can wean him off it. I'm not though and basing from my cousins medical record books as well as a junior's experienced who went to observed for a month in Nagoya, Japanese medical management is a bit different from the general consensus. She said they stick to their books although some are now reading Western books for different opinions. A bit OOT but as an example, they had a premature baby delivered about 32 wks in age and they did cranial ultrasonography and echocardiography first before they inserted an intravenous line and established temperature control. In most practice, sugar and temperature is first stabilized before we do procedures.

@ayarose wow! Are you a doctor now?? You really know how to read those files so well! But I really wonder how the patches (the okibari) that he uses work... They seem to have increased the amount on him. There are a lot more on his hands/neck area etc. You can see them whenever the camera zooms in.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the reply, Ayarose!

Your explanation is very interesting!

Custom Title
    【news】Yuzu's first album "Time of Awakening" broke the sales record in sport category!

Oricon today released the latest sales ranking. "Time of Awakening" totally sold out 43,472 copies in first week, including DVD with 20,947 and blu-ray with 22,525.

The result also broke the sales record in sport category that '09 World Baseball Classic TM with 23 thousands copies since 2009.

Oricon ranking: see 羽生結弦

Update! Oricon news release for Yuzu's sales record.

Tripping on the Podium
    We are all waiting for Yuzuru to announce his free program music!!!!!!!!

Page 567 of 908 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 617 667 ... LastLast