Page 57 of 687 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 107 157 557 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    Not allowed to post a link for a first post so here is the interview I just translated on vid.
    https://www.youtube.com/w
    atch?v=h6abqgWCPG0

Custom Title
    thank you very much for translation!!

raw, wild , magic Romeo is back!!
    Last edited by giulia95; 12-25-2012 at 10:45 AM.

On the Ice
    Newbiespectator, thanks lot!
    What a clever boy

Custom Title
    Awesome first post, thanks and welcome! Yuzuru is definitely growing hugely every season, sometimes I feel like telling him to slow down cause I can't keep up, but that's part of what makes him so interesting to follow.

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    Thanks for the welcome! I used to watch figure skating as a little kid and loved it...then it kind of slipped my mind until this year when the Japanese men began to really gain momentum. I'm a fan of Kozuka, Takahashi and Yuzuru....actually of anyone who can put together an entertaining performance! I love the way, when he's having a good day, Yuzuru makes his quads look so easy and smooth...however I hope he gets a better free program next season. I think this program lacks a crescendo (the choreo, not the music) unlike his last one; so it moves along at roughly the same pace throughout. Even though the music is dramatic, I don't feel that it's been choreographed quite right...or maybe he just hasn't gotten the hang of it? Seeing his Romeo and Juliet again the other day in EX really brought it home that he 'could' do a lot better in the musical interpretation if given the right steps. I'm still getting the hang of the technicalities of scoring and stuff but these are just observations from someone who is relatively new to the sport.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    Yuzuru is definitely growing hugely every season, sometimes I feel like telling him to slow down cause I can't keep up, but that's part of what makes him so interesting to follow.
    I totally agree!!

Newbiespectator, thank you for your GREAT work!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! I used to watch figure skating as a little kid and loved it...then it kind of slipped my mind until this year when the Japanese men began to really gain momentum. I'm a fan of Kozuka, Takahashi and Yuzuru....actually of anyone who can put together an entertaining performance! I love the way, when he's having a good day, Yuzuru makes his quads look so easy and smooth...however I hope he gets a better free program next season. I think this program lacks a crescendo (the choreo, not the music) unlike his last one; so it moves along at roughly the same pace throughout. Even though the music is dramatic, I don't feel that it's been choreographed quite right...or maybe he just hasn't gotten the hang of it? Seeing his Romeo and Juliet again the other day in EX really brought it home that he 'could' do a lot better in the musical interpretation if given the right steps. I'm still getting the hang of the technicalities of scoring and stuff but these are just observations from someone who is relatively new to the sport.
    I love his jumps too, I can rewatch his quads over and over, and I've never actually been especially interested in jumps in the past. Regarding his FS, I think it's a bit of both, the program itself isn't optimally choreographed, but he also hasn't shown us everything he can do with it yet. Maybe it's just me though, but I'm honestly liking this FS more and more every time he skates it. It's definitely not his best, but Yuzuru's musicality and strong performance ability allows him to make something out of it. I think we've also been a bit spoiled by R&J, it was an ideal match for him and is a tough program to follow up on.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope that David Wilson can create a stronger free program for him next season, now that he's had a chance to interact with Yuzuru and get to know him as a skater a little better. One good thing is that now we know Yuzuru can be pretty darn good even with an average program .

This is a super cute clip: Yuzu's already inspiring the next generation! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUfCPfaNNSM

Custom Title
    I'm going to be optimistic and hope that David Wilson can create a stronger free program for him next season, now that he's had a chance to interact with Yuzuru and get to know him as a skater a little better. One good thing is that now we know Yuzuru can be pretty darn good even with an average program .

This is a super cute clip: Yuzu's already inspiring the next generation! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUfCPfaNNSM

my heart belongs to Nanami & BB, but in my wildest dreams there are Miyamoto first , then Tarasova and may be Nichol

Yuzu please stop being sooo cute!!!
    Last edited by giulia95; 12-26-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Newbiespectator! Thanks a lot, and Welcome to Golden Skate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    my heart belongs to Nanami & BB, but in my wildest dreams there are Miyamoto first , then Tarasova and may be Nichol
    Kenji choregraphed Yuzu's prog, his EX in kimono is Miyamoto's work.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post

Oh I love it so much and that’s why I hope Miyatomo will create for him a competition program next year… Yuzu sang even during the magic spread eagle before the 3A, it’s just crazy…

wonderful job Sashida & Kenji!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDWZW-mXsVY
    I would be very curious to know what Yuzu and Sashida are talking and joking about…

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I love this EX program from Yuzuru! He skates it with such passion, too!!

Banned
    My Prince ascend to his reign as King is so swift, even I never expected this to happen this fast
    officially Japanese No.1

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Oh I love it so much and that’s why I hope Miyatomo will create for him a competition program next year… Yuzu sang even during the magic spread eagle before the 3A, it’s just crazy…

wonderful job Sashida & Kenji!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDWZW-mXsVY
    I would be very curious to know what Yuzu and Sashida are talking and joking about…
    giulia95, this blogger here posted a translation

Custom Title
    giulia95, this blogger here posted a translation
    thanks a lot, Pitterpatter and Nonchan!!

The interaction between Yuzu and Fumiya is so funny and friendly...

I like this "creative statement" :

Yuzuru:" If I am not attached to the song, I cannot fully express my emotions. So I was like “I GET TO SKATE TO THIS SONG?! COOL” and I was very happy. I personally want to have communication with the person I collaborate with."

Page 57 of 687 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 107 157 557 ... LastLast