Page 6 of 672 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    Oops, I translated a wrong video CC is added for "20061109 novice nats Hino vs Hanyu" and not the one quoted by Becki. Will translate this one as well, just give me a day or so.
    OMG I love you <3. ^^ THanks for translating! BB Hanyu said he wants to win, and he did the next year :P with consistent jumps too. Why is he so cute? Can someone tell me? lol

Custom Title
    Here's the finale of Friends on Ice 2011 (I think it was during this summer). For people that haven't seen it, there is a lot of team Japan interaction very cute :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEAKv...eature=related

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Here's the finale of Friends on Ice 2011 (I think it was during this summer). For people that haven't seen it, there is a lot of team Japan interaction very cute :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEAKv...eature=related
    thanks for the video! for yuzuru, watch at 8:30...hahah so cute, he fell attempting the quad (?) and the other skaters encouraged him to try again!! and he succeed !! :D

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    thanks for the video! for yuzuru, watch at 8:30...hahah so cute, he fell attempting the quad (?) and the other skaters encouraged him to try again!! and he succeed !! :D
    He totally wiped out! That must have hurt. There's another clip I think maybe the finale of Carnival on Ice or the ice show after Japan Open where he went for the quad three times because the first two times he failed. When he went for the third time he had this cute face on b/c most skaters just go once for the finale to show their stuff. It's hilarious how he is kinda crossing himself before his quads like he is praying to not wipe out.

Did you see his little happy jump at the end around 11.47. He's like a bunny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7C-...eature=related
    It's at 10.54 where he goes for his third try
    Last edited by FTnoona; 12-14-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Custom Title
    He totally wiped out! That must have hurt. There's another clip I think maybe the finale of Carnival on Ice or the ice show after Japan Open where he went for the quad three times because the first two times he failed. When he went for the third time he had this cute face on b/c most skaters just go once for the finale to show their stuff. It's hilarious how he is kinda crossing himself before his quads like he is praying to not wipe out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7C-...eature=related
    It's at 10.54 where he goes for his third try
    i love his perseverance do you know if he's Catholic since he does the cross?

Banned
    ^
    No, I dont think so, he just uses it for accesory I think.

btw, forget Low-Chan
    Yuzuru is my new obsession in men's FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ^
    No, I dont think so, he just uses it for accesory I think.

btw, forget Low-Chan
    Yuzuru is my new obsession in men's FS
    nono, i meant the action he does before he skates his programs...

who is low-chan? yeah I love Yuzuru too! haha

Banned

who is low-chan? yeah I love Yuzuru too! haha
    well that..
    join in, Yuzuru will be the best of the worlds in less than 2 years

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    well that..
    join in, Yuzuru will be the best of the worlds in less than 2 years
    LOL PChan...I was thinking that. But chan is a honorific in Japanese...so i thought you meant some guy with the name Low lol.

I think Yuzuru is already one of the best in the world. I think he will medal at Worlds next year

Custom Title
    i love his perseverance do you know if he's Catholic since he does the cross?
    I read off some forum (I don't remember which) that he does it for good luck. I've seen clips of him at shrines praying too, but then again I didn't understand what they were saying because I don't speak Japanese :(

Custom Title
    I read off some forum (I don't remember which) that he does it for good luck. I've seen clips of him at shrines praying too, but then again I didn't understand what they were saying because I don't speak Japanese :(
    Ohhh if you have the video, show me and I will try to make out what they are saying lol (or use google translator haha).

I actually thought he was Catholic...fooled me.

Custom Title
    Ohhh if you have the video, show me and I will try to make out what they are saying lol (or use google translator haha).

I actually thought he was Catholic...fooled me.
    I don't really remember where I read it off of, so I am probably remembering incorrectly so please ignore my comment (I can't find where I read it off of which is making me crazy...). When or if I find the forum again, I'll tell you.
    Last edited by FTnoona; 12-15-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Custom Title
    I don't really remember where I read it off of, so I am probably remembering incorrectly so please ignore my comment (I can't find where I read it off of which is making me crazy...). When or if I find the forum again, I'll tell you.
    Okay so I found out why he does the cross thing. He's not Christian, or Catholic for that matter. He does that because it's good luck for keeping his body straight during jumps lol

Custom Title
    Okay so I found out why he does the cross thing. He's not Christian, or Catholic for that matter. He does that because it's good luck for keeping his body straight during jumps lol
    haha no wonder he did it so often when he was going for the quad in the shows

Custom Title
    haha no wonder he did it so often when he was going for the quad in the shows
    Haha he has so many good luck charms with Winnie the pooh being the cutest

Page 6 of 672 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast