Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season

doctor2014

On the Ice
Can someone please explain the reference to Chris Hansen? I keep reading comments about Chris Hansen and Yuzuru's dancing...

I’m curious about this. Where are these Hansen-Hanyu comments? I tried to google them but didn’t get any results. :think:

claphappy

On the Ice
Can someone please explain the reference to Chris Hansen? I keep reading comments about Chris Hansen and Yuzuru's dancing...

>Chris Hansen is the host of the show "To Catch a Predator."
>"To Catch a Predator"is about detaining adults who contact underaged youths over the Internet for sexual liaisons.
>Many people are sexually attracted to Yuzuru Hanyu.
>Yuzuru is 17.
>In many places, 18 is the legal age of consent.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Becki said:
Am I the only one who thinks Yuzuru is too skinny? O__O

I actually thought he got already better... he looks less skinny to me than last year.

And although that might sound stupid... I don't think he's skinny for a young japanese man. I'm not japanese, I just know what you read about japanese idols (which doesn't sound healthy to me either for "european standards") and I know some exchange students from my university... they're not looking any different.
Regarding that he's a professional sportsman he should probably not look like that, but he might still grow and change physically, who knows... but it's not like I thought it was alarming or something. But maybe I'm just too used to it because of that sometimes reeeeeaaally slim female skaters (just look at Mao...).

Becki

Medalist
I actually thought he got already better... he looks less skinny to me than last year.

And although that might sound stupid... I don't think he's skinny for a young japanese man. I'm not japanese, I just know what you read about japanese idols (which doesn't sound healthy to me either for "european standards") and I know some exchange students from my university... they're not looking any different.
Regarding that he's a professional sportsman he should probably not look like that, but he might still grow and change physically, who knows... but it's not like I thought it was alarming or something. But maybe I'm just too used to it because of that sometimes reeeeeaaally slim female skaters (just look at Mao...).

argh...he is not skinny for a young japanese man ??? Wow..... I am highly curious to see pictures of Japanese men you know. He is skinny for a young man regardless of ethnicity, comparable to those kids on Disney.....

But you can't compare Yuzuru to Female skaters, That is an unfair comparison !

Medusa

Record Breaker
argh...he is not skinny for a young japanese man ??? Wow..... I am highly curious to see pictures of Japanese men you know. He is skinny for a young man regardless of ethnicity, comparable to those kids on Disney.....
We had Japanese exchange students here this summer, and most of the boys were really super skinny, Yururu woulnd't have looked out of place among them, maybe he would have been one of the more muscular ones.

Becki

Medalist
We had Japanese exchange students here this summer, and most of the boys were really super skinny, Yururu woulnd't have looked out of place among them, maybe he would have been one of the more muscular ones.

Shocking ..... I guess I am just out of the loop then.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Erm... I didn't mean to be unfair or anything, but you can't just say "regardless of ethnicity", because people from different countrys tend to have different body types.
Don't know if that's worth any comparison, but all the boys I met just looked like what you can see of japanese singers and so too, and I'd say that's pretty definitly skinny (for example, one famous japanese singer: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fhvnBbg6VLU/TcZ4FZXHq7I/AAAAAAAAABs/HjJMHFvIGjg/s1600/orig-8219601.jpg)

I still think it looks unhealthy too, but that's not necessarily the case... at least the ones I know tend to eat a lot, and when getting to sports, they can pretty much kick your ***.

doctor2014

On the Ice
We’ve also had Japanese exchange students, and I’ve been to Japan several times. Most of young Japanese men and teenagers are not as skinny as Hanyu; even the Japanese singer in the picture shown by Li’Kitsu is not that skinny.

Hanyu would be considered skinny even put among Japanese men and women. It’s also obvious that he’s much skinnier than most other Japanese skaters, e.g., Daisuke, Kozuka, Oda, Tanaka, and even Shoma Uno.

I actually think Alissa, Asada, and Hanyu are some of the skinniest skaters around. And since Alissa is American, I think being skinny has more to do with individual skaters than with “ethnicity.”

Hanyu probably has the smallest waist and skinniest arms in the men’s field. Anyway for those who don’t like the super-skinny look, I heard he’s working on building muscles on his arms and legs, so I expect him to become more muscular (or more “normal”) in the near future.

Becki

Medalist
We’ve also had Japanese exchange students, and I’ve been to Japan several times. Most of young Japanese men and teenagers are not as skinny as Hanyu; even the Japanese singer in the picture shown by Li’Kitsu is not that skinny.

Hanyu would be considered skinny even put among Japanese men and women. It’s also obvious that he’s much skinnier than most other Japanese skaters, e.g., Daisuke, Kozuka, Oda, Tanaka, and even Shoma Uno.

I actually think Alissa, Asada, and Hanyu are some of the skinniest skaters around. And since Alissa is American, I think being skinny has more to do with individual skaters than with “ethnicity.”

Hanyu probably has the smallest waist and skinniest arms in the men’s field. Anyway for those who don’t like the super-skinny look, I heard he’s working on building muscles on his arms and legs, so I expect him to become more muscular (or more “normal”) in the near future.

Well I think his efforts has paid off...he looks a little more muscular in this picture:

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2012/01/15/gazo/G20120115002432680.html

(hate the red pants...)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Sorry, but I really don't see Hanyu being any more skinny (and my experiences don't speak for that either) - skinny not as in having a small body frame in general, which he does, but skinny as in just skin and bones and no fat or muscles present. You can very clearly see that his legs are trained when watching him skate, and the average boy looking more trained like that - really?
And by just saying he's "oh so skinny" in every sentence makes it sound like he was unhealthy or close to being anorexic, which clearly isn't the case. Hanyu looks okay, and going all he's oh so skinny is just as "nice" as all this stupid comments like Flatt being fat (which isn't true), or Nagasu having become fat (nonsense just as much), or whomever.

Becki said:
Well I think his efforts has paid off...he looks a little more muscular in this picture:

Huh? Compared to when?
Don't say compared to his earlier appereances this season, because it's simply not possible to put on muscles in an amount you can notice with your eyes that fast :scratch:

So what do you want? Hanyu focusing on "how skinny he looks" and gain so many muscles over night that he just looks like Daisuke?
That might totally backfire on him with his already extremely present stamina problems, but who cares...?:unsure:

doctor2014

On the Ice
Sorry, but I really don't see Hanyu being any more skinny (and my experiences don't speak for that either) - skinny not as in having a small body frame in general, which he does, but skinny as in just skin and bones and no fat or muscles present...

And by just saying he's "oh so skinny" in every sentence makes it sound like he was unhealthy or close to being anorexic, which clearly isn't the case...

Hanyu focusing on "how skinny he looks" and gain so many muscles over night that he just looks like Daisuke?
That might totally backfire on him with his already extremely present stamina problems, but who cares...?

Li’Kitsu, don't get me wrong. Alissa is one of my favorite lady skaters now, so I really don’t mind the “skinniness.” I love her skinny look and Daisuke’s muscular look, and I think they’re both beautiful and attractive on ice—in different ways.

In my opinion, Alissa and Hanyu are not “unhealthy” nor “anorexic.” They are just skinnier or, as you described, have smaller body frames, than most people, but I don’t think that affects their beauty on ice though.

Becki said:

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...002432680.html

(hate the red pants...)

Wow, with those red pants and red dresses people look heavier. Even Asada doesn’t look so small-framed in this picture. :eek:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Isn't Hanyu only 16 years old? Boys/men generally keep growing until they're 21 so he's still got many years of growing left to do.

FTnoona

Final Flight
There was this discussion about Yuzuru's religious faith...

I think Yuzuru is in fact a Christian, he wears a cross:

http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/post/16643945353#notes

OMG he is such a flowerboy in that picture so adorable >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAxuan8npMc
This is his Nagoya skate. It finally got uploaded on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbmN-HIKyXA
This is his exhibition at Japanese nationals. It was really good so much better than when he performed it as a SP.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I think Yuzuru is in fact a Christian, he wears a cross:

http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/post/16643945353#notes
You should visit at least one jewelry shop in Japan. They wear crosses, and not only them, not always knowing what those symbols really mean. It's just a piece of western-style jewelry, many think. Well, nothing terribly wrong with that I guess. Yuzuru never mentioned that he was a Christian. He did say that he put a cross to keep his body strong (like a cross) during jumps. Sometimes he did it left-right, sometimes right-left, the thing that a religious Christian person would unlikely ever confuse. He also occasionally put an additional line on his waist, which has nothing to do with a cross at all. His school buddy Hino has pretty much the same habbit.