Page 614 of 3224 FirstFirst ... 114 514 564 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 664 714 1114 1614 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 48352

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #9196
    #StayTogether Wo|flax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Misery Company
    Posts
    751

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    If I remember correctly he did 3Lo+2T for R&Jv2 in Findlandia. 3A was a solo jump then followed by a 3A+2T and the 3Lo+2T and the last combi 3Lz+1Lo+3S. He changed layout prior to the start of the GP series.
    I think that was just because he messed up the 3A(hand down) at Finlandia? There was no changing layout, it's the same layout as season before except for the added-L-3S and the moved 4S.

  2. #9197
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along the equator
    Posts
    192

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoChair View Post
    I think that was just because he messed up the 3A(hand down) at Finlandia? There was no changing layout, it's the same layout as season before except for the added-L-3S and the moved 4S.
    That could be true, but it could also be the original layout but then they decided 3A+x would be better/stable. My memory is kinda selective at times. Did the press con clips said that was the layout?

  3. #9198
    #StayTogether Wo|flax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Misery Company
    Posts
    751

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    It's 3lo-3lo. He never success that quad.

    Anyways, about Yuzuru, I think the 3A 1lo 3S's BV is still higher that his 3z 1lo 3S last year without even the BV for 1lo (it's just 0.5 point) so with the 3A in place of 3Lutz, it's a huge change. And a good move.
    I think the GOE potential might be bigger too

  4. #9199
    #StayTogether Wo|flax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Misery Company
    Posts
    751

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    That could be true, but it could also be the original layout but then they decided 3A+x would be better/stable. My memory is kinda selective at times. Did the press con clips said that was the layout?
    no reason to do that he hit the all 3As in the second half all season in 2012/13, only missed one combination at SA but got the 2 3As(and that was the least of his problems that LP), and at 4CC I think doubled the 3T? but that was one of the rare competitions where he was popping (he doesn't usually pop, but when he does... it'll be at the same competition in short and long [4cc and SC 2013] lol)

    idk what the presscon said

  5. #9200
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    860

    0 Not allowed!
    His 3Lz+1Lo+3S combination in Sochi was considered as a sequence, and Takeshi Honda said it was because Yuzuru jumped newly the last one. But honestly speaking, I could not see the difference at that time clearly , before re-viewing it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUskvEAITdE

    Shoma succeeded 2A+1Lo+3F in this video, and received a high mark.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siE4NAYcr_I

    https://twitter.com/thanatosrelena/s...929345/photo/1

    I think when the second single loop has a certain distance, it looks great, not seeing like a stepping out.

    Edit: That's why Yuzuru's 3A+1Lo+3S looks so great

    Oh, by the way, for those who miss Jazzy Yuzuru ;

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgSj5...ature=youtu.be

  6. #9201
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    66

    0 Not allowed!
    i never even knew the 3 combo jump where the single loop is in the middle part even existed before I saw yuzuru. up until that point i only saw ladies and regarded their jumps as "the best and the hardest" jumps because i was so bombarded by the media hype of ladies singles.

  7. #9202
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    62

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    His 3Lz+1Lo+3S combination in Sochi was considered as a sequence, and Takeshi Honda said it was because Yuzuru jumped newly the last one. But honestly speaking, I could not see the difference at that time clearly , before re-viewing it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUskvEAITdE
    Me too. I thought it looked the same as what he did in his other competitions when the 3Lz-1Lo-3S was counted. I think Yuzuru does this sequence the best among male skaters because he doesn't make it look like a step-out from the lutz.

  8. #9203
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    62

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelfacehanyu View Post
    i never even knew the 3 combo jump where the single loop is in the middle part even existed before I saw yuzuru. up until that point i only saw ladies and regarded their jumps as "the best and the hardest" jumps because i was so bombarded by the media hype of ladies singles.
    Yeah, partly the reason why I like male singles skating more is the difficulty of the jumps. Though they're not that flexible, the athleticism makes up for it. And I like they're competitiveness more XD

  9. #9204
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    326

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    His 3Lz+1Lo+3S combination in Sochi was considered as a sequence, and Takeshi Honda said it was because Yuzuru jumped newly the last one. But honestly speaking, I could not see the difference at that time clearly , before re-viewing it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUskvEAITdE
    You're right. Just as the British commentator explained, his stumbled on his right foot after the 1Lo. The stumble was regarded as an extra step. So the jump pass became a sequence.

  10. #9205
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Taipei
    Posts
    308

    0 Not allowed!
    Vote Yuzu’s numbers in BS Japan’s ex program in September

    BS Japan TV takes place an event for Japan Open. People can vote their favorite ice show numbers among 50 selected ones. The host will broadcast the numbers on top ranking. (It doesn’t mention how many numbers they will broadcast at last.)

    Yuzu has two numbers among the list –
    (#23) 2011 Romeo & Juliet and
    (#46) 2008 Amazonic 死の舞踏

    Event page: http://www.bs-j.co.jp/figure2014/

    Well, let’s vote for Yuzu! Here is a brief instruction to vote:
    * Click the red button of "投票する" (which means vote)
    * Tick the No. 23 and 46
    * Click the white button (投票する)
    * Click the button of “送信する” (which means submit)
    * Done!

  11. #9206
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along the equator
    Posts
    192

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoChair View Post
    no reason to do that he hit the all 3As in the second half all season in 2012/13, only missed one combination at SA but got the 2 3As(and that was the least of his problems that LP), and at 4CC I think doubled the 3T? but that was one of the rare competitions where he was popping (he doesn't usually pop, but when he does... it'll be at the same competition in short and long [4cc and SC 2013] lol)

    idk what the presscon said
    What I meant was his 3A+xT combination was more stable than his 3Lo+x combination. I've looked around JSF site for the old protocols and found out that the last time Yuzu did a Lo+x combination (3Lo+2T) was during that epic 3rd place at Junior Nationals (2007, Th Firebird FS). He also did a 2A+2T+2Lo in that program. In all his edge jumps, I found his loop as his weakest, 4S might be questionable for other but his 3S is more consistent than 3Lo. His team might have revised his layout because of this since his consistency with 3A combinations are his best weapon.

    BTW, since I was looking at previous protocols I found something interesting. His SP layout usually doesn't change compared to his FS layout. I actually thought NDP & R&Jv2 has a similar layout except with the order of the quads but when I reviewed the scorecards the 3 jump was actually 3Lz+2T+2T. He did it at GPF, Nationals, 4CC & Worlds. Findlandia's FS layout was also different than the GP series, it has 2 3Lz combinations instead of the 2 3A combinations. It seems to me that Team BOrser uses Senior B competitions to gauge the riskiness of the layout so I his new FS may still change layout. As BOrser said before, Yuzu never skates the same program twice, there will always be variances no matter how indistinguishable it is.

  12. #9207
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    600

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    ...the last time Yuzu did a Lo+x combination (3Lo+2T) was during that epic 3rd place at Junior Nationals (2007, The Firebird FS). He also did a 2A+2T+2Lo in that program.
    BTW, since I was looking at previous protocols I found something interesting. His SP layout usually doesn't change compared to his FS layout. I actually thought NDP & R&Jv2 has a similar layout except with the order of the quads but when I reviewed the scorecards the 3 jump was actually 3Lz+2T+2T. He did it at GPF, Nationals, 4CC & Worlds. Findlandia's FS layout was also different than the GP series, it has 2 3Lz combinations instead of the 2 3A combinations.
    So he has done a 2Lo at the end of combination (granted, it was 7 years ago), interesting.

    I think SP layouts change much less because they have much tighter restrictions on what solo jumps/combinations are allowed, maybe as a carryover from 6.0 when the SP used to be the "technical program". LPs aren't called the free programs for nothing (although, with Zayak rules and whatnot how free is it really lol) I think Chan helped popularize the __+1Lo+3S jump in recent years.

    EDIT: Thank you echotpe for the poll, I voted!

  13. #9208
    #StayTogether Wo|flax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Misery Company
    Posts
    751

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    What I meant was his 3A+xT combination was more stable than his 3Lo+x combination. I've looked around JSF site for the old protocols and found out that the last time Yuzu did a Lo+x combination (3Lo+2T) was during that epic 3rd place at Junior Nationals (2007, Th Firebird FS). He also did a 2A+2T+2Lo in that program. In all his edge jumps, I found his loop as his weakest, 4S might be questionable for other but his 3S is more consistent than 3Lo. His team might have revised his layout because of this since his consistency with 3A combinations are his best weapon.

    BTW, since I was looking at previous protocols I found something interesting. His SP layout usually doesn't change compared to his FS layout. I actually thought NDP & R&Jv2 has a similar layout except with the order of the quads but when I reviewed the scorecards the 3 jump was actually 3Lz+2T+2T. He did it at GPF, Nationals, 4CC & Worlds. Findlandia's FS layout was also different than the GP series, it has 2 3Lz combinations instead of the 2 3A combinations. It seems to me that Team BOrser uses Senior B competitions to gauge the riskiness of the layout so I his new FS may still change layout. As BOrser said before, Yuzu never skates the same program twice, there will always be variances no matter how indistinguishable it is.
    I meant that there was no reason to try 3Lo-X in Finlandia 2013- so it must have been the mistake on the 3A that led him to do the Lo combo (i.e. I agree 3A-X is more stable)

    I can't remember what happened in 2012 Finlandia- 2 3Lz combos you say? I should go watch it...later(I still haven't watched either Finlandia SP). That's interesting though, and certainly likely that BOrser (and Yuzu) uses early competitions to strategize/work things out.
    Yuzu certainly seemed to learn a lot from the GP events. I think your right about that

    Question: why did the 3S at olys get completely discounted and not just get 0.8 for a sequence? He didn't zayak afterall... is it because the 3S counted as a separate jumping pass? therefore he had too many jumping passes? if so, why did they cut the 3S and not the 3Lz is there something in the rules about that? All the commentators noticed the stumble, though Johnny seemed to think Yuzu had saved it (probably thought he'd get some points for it)

  14. #9209
    #StayTogether Wo|flax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Misery Company
    Posts
    751

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by shingalas View Post
    So he has done a 2Lo at the end of combination (granted, it was 7 years ago), interesting.

    SP layouts change much less because they have much tighter restrictions on what solo jumps/combinations are allowed, I think as a carryover from 6.0 when the SPs used to be the "technical program". LPs aren't called the free programs for nothing (although, with Zayak rules and whatnot how free is it really lol) I think Chan helped popularize the __+1Lo+3S jump in recent years.
    Chan's Lz-L-3S at TEB was brilliant, as far as distance covered on Lo it was probably the best and I don't even like him. Jason's is good too (even though I don't understand his fall on it in the team comp- did he step out and then fall?)

    Yuzu's breaking the mould with the two jump passes and 3A in second half in the SP; and apparently leading the way in it: I wonder how Joshua will do with it this season.

  15. #9210
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along the equator
    Posts
    192

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by shingalas View Post
    I think SP layouts change much less because they have much tighter restrictions on what solo jumps/combinations are allowed, maybe as a carryover from 6.0 when the SP used to be the "technical program". LPs aren't called the free programs for nothing (although, with Zayak rules and whatnot how free is it really lol) I think Chan helped popularize the __+1Lo+3S jump in recent years.
    You're probably right, I mean 3A MUST be a solo jump which leaves you with the other triple and quad to attach the combination to. Maybe if Yuzu is crazy enough he could jump the 3A last not to maximize points but just to challenge himself.

    Yes he did, although when Denis Ten & Adam Rippon also tried it during that same season (2011-2012), it was underrotated.

    Quote Originally Posted by WoChair View Post
    I meant that there was no reason to try 3Lo-X in Finlandia 2013- so it must have been the mistake on the 3A that led him to do the Lo combo (i.e. I agree 3A-X is more stable)

    I can't remember what happened in 2012 Finlandia- 2 3Lz combos you say? I should go watch it...later(I still haven't watched either Finlandia SP). That's interesting though, and certainly likely that BOrser (and Yuzu) uses early competitions to strategize/work things out.
    Yuzu certainly seemed to learn a lot from the GP events. I think your right about that

    Question: why did the 3S at olys get completely discounted and not just get 0.8 for a sequence? He didn't zayak afterall... is it because the 3S counted as a separate jumping pass? therefore he had too many jumping passes? if so, why did they cut the 3S and not the 3Lz is there something in the rules about that? All the commentators noticed the stumble, though Johnny seemed to think Yuzu had saved it (probably thought he'd get some points for it)
    That is why I was just speculating that the layout for Findlandia 13 was the initial layout and they later change it for the GP like the previous year. I think ever since he Zayaked at COR in 2010 he had contingency plans if he fails a jump or combi. We may never actually know the original layout unless we could get a hand on Yuzu's handy dandy notebook with his color coded and symbol coded notes.

    In a jump considered as a sequence, the jump(s) before it become a sequence are the only one given points. That's what can I make out of the protocols so if anyone knows better feel free to correct or add info. I haven't really read the technical guidelines word for word.

    Ex. 4T+3A as a seq in the first half (4T+SEQ in protocol) = 8.24 (80% of 4T)
    Yuzu's Olympic FS: 3Lz+1Lo+SEQ= 5.72 (3Lz+1Lo x 1.1 x 80%)
    Max Aaron WC2014 FS: 3A+SEQ= 7.48 (3A x 1.1 x 80%)

Page 614 of 3224 FirstFirst ... 114 514 564 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 664 714 1114 1614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •