Page 616 of 715 FirstFirst ... 116 516 566 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 666 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 10717

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    【video】Yuzu in Friend on Ice 2011 Opening!

Last night, Japan TV rebroadcast the ice show of FOI 2011 to warm-up the upcoming show in late August. Back to 2011, they prepared a very warmhearted program to encourage people who experienced damaged earthquake just five months earlier in north-east of Japan.

Yuzu was one of four skaters from damaged area to perform with children. A very fresh wearing in white shirt! The little girl wore a hat for him also was so lovely. Enjoy!

photo: https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...b0&oe=54718479

Start 10:09 to watch above clip:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23...E3%82%B0_sport
    Thank you echotpe for the link

I wanted to see this program, but I haven't subscribed the channel (Nittele plus, maybe)

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by WoChair View Post
    Hehe flaring out like a skirt doesn't sound very practical, but now I wanna see what it looks like.
    The closest I find now is his R&J 1 costume which flare out a bit when he jump

Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    Thanks for the link . He has so much swag even at young age, how cool was that when he point to Akiko when her name was announced at 5.35min

Quote Originally Posted by angelfacehanyu View Post
    Yuzuru looks good in every color, but he suits BLUE with a passion soooooo much! He's like made for blue. I want to see him in a blue costume for his FS
    It makes sense why he looks great in blue. Asians have yellow undertones that is a complement to the color blue!

Custom Title
    pooh-san!!! (with mention of yuzu at the end of the news ) http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x...E5%B1%95_sport

I enjoy imagining which color he really chooses for his LP’s costume 

Medalist
    Hi there! I was just wondering why Yuzuru is practicing the 3A-1Lo-3S (LOVE it BTW) when I thought that only gets 80% of the value of the jumps involved since it's a sequence. Wouldn't a solo 3A then a 3Lz-1Lo-3S get more points (16.66 points) than a 3A-1Lo-3S with a solo 3Lz (16.16 points)? This is something I think needs major changing in COP... Anyways the only way I can think of it contributing to an increase in his BV is if he eventually goes for a layout with -after the half way point- 4T-3T/3A-1Lo-3S/3A/3Lz-3Lo/2A. Maybe he's going for something like that in the future? Or maybe he's just going for it for the WOW factor, kind of like how he had no COP reason to have both of his 3A as combinations last season?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilS View Post
    Hi there! I was just wondering why Yuzuru is practicing the 3A-1Lo-3S (LOVE it BTW) when I thought that only gets 80% of the value of the jumps involved since it's a sequence.
    They changed the rule after Vancouver, 2010. Now, x-1Lo-x is considered as a legitimate 3 jump combination, not a sequence. So he will get 100%.

Medalist
    Oh I see, thanks for letting me know. Then I guess that means he finds 3A-1Lo-3S earlier in the program better for him (and certainly more visually appealing) than 3Lz-1Lo-3S late in the program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Except starting this year the 1Lo is supposed to recieve 0pts from my understanding.
    but it is still considered as a combo jump right?

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annca View Post
    To my understanding yes. I'm searching for the thread where this was discussed. I know I posted about it the other day but I really like his 3a-1Lo-3s. He does it with confidence and speed. A lot of people make a 1Lo look like a mistake....not Yuzu

Custom Title
    To my understanding yes. I'm searching for the thread where this was discussed. I know I posted about it the other day but I really like his 3a-1Lo-3s. He does it with confidence and speed. A lot of people make a 1Lo look like a mistake....not Yuzu

thanks
    yes! me too! i love everything he does with his 3a, from entrances to combos, he just looks confident doing it

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilS View Post
    Hi there! I was just wondering why Yuzuru is practicing the 3A-1Lo-3S (LOVE it BTW) when I thought that only gets 80% of the value of the jumps involved since it's a sequence. Wouldn't a solo 3A then a 3Lz-1Lo-3S get more points (16.66 points) than a 3A-1Lo-3S with a solo 3Lz (16.16 points)? This is something I think needs major changing in COP... Anyways the only way I can think of it contributing to an increase in his BV is if he eventually goes for a layout with -after the half way point- 4T-3T/3A-1Lo-3S/3A/3Lz-3Lo/2A. Maybe he's going for something like that in the future? Or maybe he's just going for it for the WOW factor, kind of like how he had no COP reason to have both of his 3A as combinations last season?
    The argument why people should try harder jump combinations is interesting because there's no COP incentive, but I think judges do tend to be a bit more lenient in +GOE when it comes to harder jumping combinations. Like you said, the psychological WOW factor. Just like ladies and their 3Lz-3T.

Hanyu definitely won't have a 3Lz+3Lo (I don't think he's ever done even a 2Lo combo?), but if he could that would be a valid way to increase his BV without changing the placement of his jumps. Anyway, I'm glad for no 3Lo combos, too many injuries associated with over-practicing loops.

Quote Originally Posted by annca View Post
    Yes, I think no jump below 1.5 revolutions (all singles except the axel) will be scored any points. But it is a jump combination.

He is what I found....
    JUMPS
    -Remarks on F/Lz for single skating (page 7) are valid for Pair Skating as well.
    -Jumps with less than 1.5 revs in both Short and Free programs of Seniors/Juniors will have no value.
    -In Short Program jumps which do not satisfy the requirements (wrong number of revs) will have no value.
    Even though the half loop in the middle of this combo http://i.imgur.com/t3VDmjW.gif
    is considered a jump, skaters use it (more like a step) to change onto an inside edge for the salchow. Without it they can't do a 3S at the end of a combination. I noticed last season many of the men used it and my non-skating fan husband always thought it was a mistake. I happen to like it myself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shingalas View Post
    Yes, I think no jump below 1.5 revolutions (all singles except the axel) will be scored any points. But it is a jump combination.
    Amendments of communication №1884 scratched off that line. So single jumps are counted. There are protocols of some Canadian competition where you can see that for sure: http://summerskate.mintoskatingclub.com/results.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shingalas View Post
    Hanyu definitely won't have a 3Lz+3Lo (I don't think he's ever done even a 2Lo combo?), but if he could that would be a valid way to increase his BV without changing the placement of his jumps. Anyway, I'm glad for no 3Lo combos, too many injuries associated with over-practicing loops.
    If I remember correctly he did 3Lo+2T for R&Jv2 in Findlandia. 3A was a solo jump then followed by a 3A+2T and the 3Lo+2T and the last combi 3Lz+1Lo+3S. He changed layout prior to the start of the GP series.

Page 616 of 715 FirstFirst ... 116 516 566 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 666 ... LastLast