Page 617 of 707 FirstFirst ... 117 517 567 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 667 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 10598

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #9241
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by darazam View Post
    Amendments of communication №1884 scratched off that line. So single jumps are counted. There are protocols of some Canadian competition where you can see that for sure: http://summerskate.mintoskatingclub.com/results.html
    Ah, yes you're right, Communication no. 1884 (Amendments to Communication no. 1861) does indeed omit that rule.

    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    If I remember correctly he did 3Lo+2T for R&Jv2 in Findlandia. 3A was a solo jump then followed by a 3A+2T and the 3Lo+2T and the last combi 3Lz+1Lo+3S. He changed layout prior to the start of the GP series.
    Sorry, I meant with the loop as the second part of the combination. Many guys don't do more than a __+2Lo for their combos (if they even do that at all).

  2. #9242
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    But using your link I found this.....
    If there are two links at the page I would sure copy wrong one =_= It was link to communication №1861, the one you quoted before.
    Fixed it now, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by shingalas View Post
    Sorry, I meant with the loop as the second part of the combination. Many guys don't do more than a __+2Lo for their combos (if they even do that at all).
    Christopher Caluza can do 3Lo+3Lo and 3Lo-2Lo-2Lo, but he seems to be particulary good in loop jump, he trains 4Lo too (at his instagram video about 3 months ago it still looked UR).

  3. #9243
    Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by darazam View Post
    Christopher Caluza can do 3Lo+3Lo and 3Lo-2Lo-2Lo, but he seems to be particulary good in loop jump, he trains 4Lo too (at his instagram video about 3 months ago it still looked UR).
    It's 3lo-3lo. He never success that quad.

    Anyways, about Yuzuru, I think the 3A 1lo 3S's BV is still higher that his 3z 1lo 3S last year without even the BV for 1lo (it's just 0.5 point) so with the 3A in place of 3Lutz, it's a huge change. And a good move.

  4. #9244
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,214
    I just deleted my posts to avoid confusion. Thanks for info. I missed the ammendment announcement somehow.

  5. #9245
    Custom Title WoChair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    If I remember correctly he did 3Lo+2T for R&Jv2 in Findlandia. 3A was a solo jump then followed by a 3A+2T and the 3Lo+2T and the last combi 3Lz+1Lo+3S. He changed layout prior to the start of the GP series.
    I think that was just because he messed up the 3A(hand down) at Finlandia? There was no changing layout, it's the same layout as season before except for the added-L-3S and the moved 4S.

  6. #9246
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along the equator
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by WoChair View Post
    I think that was just because he messed up the 3A(hand down) at Finlandia? There was no changing layout, it's the same layout as season before except for the added-L-3S and the moved 4S.
    That could be true, but it could also be the original layout but then they decided 3A+x would be better/stable. My memory is kinda selective at times. Did the press con clips said that was the layout?

  7. #9247
    Custom Title WoChair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    It's 3lo-3lo. He never success that quad.

    Anyways, about Yuzuru, I think the 3A 1lo 3S's BV is still higher that his 3z 1lo 3S last year without even the BV for 1lo (it's just 0.5 point) so with the 3A in place of 3Lutz, it's a huge change. And a good move.
    I think the GOE potential might be bigger too

  8. #9248
    Custom Title WoChair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    That could be true, but it could also be the original layout but then they decided 3A+x would be better/stable. My memory is kinda selective at times. Did the press con clips said that was the layout?
    no reason to do that he hit the all 3As in the second half all season in 2012/13, only missed one combination at SA but got the 2 3As(and that was the least of his problems that LP), and at 4CC I think doubled the 3T? but that was one of the rare competitions where he was popping (he doesn't usually pop, but when he does... it'll be at the same competition in short and long [4cc and SC 2013] lol)

    idk what the presscon said

  9. #9249
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    236
    His 3Lz+1Lo+3S combination in Sochi was considered as a sequence, and Takeshi Honda said it was because Yuzuru jumped newly the last one. But honestly speaking, I could not see the difference at that time clearly , before re-viewing it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUskvEAITdE

    Shoma succeeded 2A+1Lo+3F in this video, and received a high mark.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siE4NAYcr_I

    https://twitter.com/thanatosrelena/s...929345/photo/1

    I think when the second single loop has a certain distance, it looks great, not seeing like a stepping out.

    Edit: That's why Yuzuru's 3A+1Lo+3S looks so great

    Oh, by the way, for those who miss Jazzy Yuzuru ;

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgSj5...ature=youtu.be

  10. #9250
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    65
    i never even knew the 3 combo jump where the single loop is in the middle part even existed before I saw yuzuru. up until that point i only saw ladies and regarded their jumps as "the best and the hardest" jumps because i was so bombarded by the media hype of ladies singles.

  11. #9251
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    His 3Lz+1Lo+3S combination in Sochi was considered as a sequence, and Takeshi Honda said it was because Yuzuru jumped newly the last one. But honestly speaking, I could not see the difference at that time clearly , before re-viewing it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUskvEAITdE
    Me too. I thought it looked the same as what he did in his other competitions when the 3Lz-1Lo-3S was counted. I think Yuzuru does this sequence the best among male skaters because he doesn't make it look like a step-out from the lutz.

  12. #9252
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by angelfacehanyu View Post
    i never even knew the 3 combo jump where the single loop is in the middle part even existed before I saw yuzuru. up until that point i only saw ladies and regarded their jumps as "the best and the hardest" jumps because i was so bombarded by the media hype of ladies singles.
    Yeah, partly the reason why I like male singles skating more is the difficulty of the jumps. Though they're not that flexible, the athleticism makes up for it. And I like they're competitiveness more XD

  13. #9253
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    His 3Lz+1Lo+3S combination in Sochi was considered as a sequence, and Takeshi Honda said it was because Yuzuru jumped newly the last one. But honestly speaking, I could not see the difference at that time clearly , before re-viewing it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUskvEAITdE
    You're right. Just as the British commentator explained, his stumbled on his right foot after the 1Lo. The stumble was regarded as an extra step. So the jump pass became a sequence.

  14. #9254
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Taipei
    Posts
    285
    Vote Yuzu’s numbers in BS Japan’s ex program in September

    BS Japan TV takes place an event for Japan Open. People can vote their favorite ice show numbers among 50 selected ones. The host will broadcast the numbers on top ranking. (It doesn’t mention how many numbers they will broadcast at last.)

    Yuzu has two numbers among the list –
    (#23) 2011 Romeo & Juliet and
    (#46) 2008 Amazonic 死の舞踏

    Event page: http://www.bs-j.co.jp/figure2014/

    Well, let’s vote for Yuzu! Here is a brief instruction to vote:
    * Click the red button of "投票する" (which means vote)
    * Tick the No. 23 and 46
    * Click the white button (投票する)
    * Click the button of “送信する” (which means submit)
    * Done!

  15. #9255
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along the equator
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by WoChair View Post
    no reason to do that he hit the all 3As in the second half all season in 2012/13, only missed one combination at SA but got the 2 3As(and that was the least of his problems that LP), and at 4CC I think doubled the 3T? but that was one of the rare competitions where he was popping (he doesn't usually pop, but when he does... it'll be at the same competition in short and long [4cc and SC 2013] lol)

    idk what the presscon said
    What I meant was his 3A+xT combination was more stable than his 3Lo+x combination. I've looked around JSF site for the old protocols and found out that the last time Yuzu did a Lo+x combination (3Lo+2T) was during that epic 3rd place at Junior Nationals (2007, Th Firebird FS). He also did a 2A+2T+2Lo in that program. In all his edge jumps, I found his loop as his weakest, 4S might be questionable for other but his 3S is more consistent than 3Lo. His team might have revised his layout because of this since his consistency with 3A combinations are his best weapon.

    BTW, since I was looking at previous protocols I found something interesting. His SP layout usually doesn't change compared to his FS layout. I actually thought NDP & R&Jv2 has a similar layout except with the order of the quads but when I reviewed the scorecards the 3 jump was actually 3Lz+2T+2T. He did it at GPF, Nationals, 4CC & Worlds. Findlandia's FS layout was also different than the GP series, it has 2 3Lz combinations instead of the 2 3A combinations. It seems to me that Team BOrser uses Senior B competitions to gauge the riskiness of the layout so I his new FS may still change layout. As BOrser said before, Yuzu never skates the same program twice, there will always be variances no matter how indistinguishable it is.

Page 617 of 707 FirstFirst ... 117 517 567 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 667 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •